Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Can I get an invite on The_Parsons? I've been playing SSF for most of this past patch and didn't really think to check if there was a goon guild ingame. It'd be nice to have people to talk to while I blade vortex my way through 3.0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I love living in civilization. It took like 10 minutes to finish the patch. Now I get to wait until 10 pm when the servers go up, go down, go up and go down on repeat as we all slam into them like deranged moths trying to catch the sun.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Well, here we go, unexpected dc and time out, now I'm back on a queue.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

The path of exile website says it's down for maintenance, so I'm guessing it's something that needed fixing right now.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Queue's up again

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

funmanguy posted:

Everyone please, this is the la mulana thread now, be respectful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-Ar0NfhfNI

Edit:

Anarkii posted:

How long does it take for Frost Blades to be cool and good? It's pretty sluggish to start with. I've switched to Ice shot for now, since the tree for that isn't very different.

Until you get Multistrike and have frenzy charges, generally speaking Frost Blades is going to feel sluggish. Once you get Raider and all the free frenzy, it'll start behaving like a machinegun.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I found a friend

he's real and strong and big.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Well, that was a very surprise Maintenance that just happened.

Edit: "We have shut the servers down briefly and are rolling the database back a few minutes to undo a serious character loss issue that occurred."

Keru fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Aug 11, 2017

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I almost vendored this. I wasn't expecting Tower to drop something that insane.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

You can mitigate reflect damage a few ways:

Block, dodge and evade affect incoming reflect damage, provided you can block/dodge spell damage (you can always block/dodge incoming attack damage, Evade can be negated by Hits Can't Be Evaded modifiers
Wearing a Sibyl's Lament ring in the correct slot to get either 40% ele reflect reduction or phys reflect reduction
Armor and resists mitigate reflected phys/ele damage respectively
Fortify reduces incoming damage, as does Immortal Call and Arctic Armor
Basalt flasks with inc %Armor while active

I believe leech actually does mitigate incoming reflect damage, so it goes Hit > Leech > Reflected Damage

The easiest way to deal with it is just to run the ascendancy phys reflect mitigation + sibyl's lament for a neat 90% phys reflect reduction, if you wanted to be 100% sure just add the Yugul's pantheon power for another 25%.

I'm sure I've hosed some of that up, but that's how I remember it working.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

My entire PoE career is based around making clever puns or references with my character names, which is why I'm inordinately proud of Thomas_The_Shank_Engine and Dead_Frag_Bruise.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

TheRat posted:

Takes around two months to get zana 8 SSF if you play a few hours every day

Even then, you'd have to get lucky enough to have her show up in maps reasonably often. I've been at it since the start of this league in SSF and my zana is like 20% through 7 at this point.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Maybe the numbers are all in negatives :haw:

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I really want to see how a Nghamu Cyclone with Cast on Melee Kill Cremation strapped to it would work.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Vasudus posted:

I so want to use Spell Cascade with Storm Call. Or Contagion.

Spell Cascade Frost Wall. Be the worst partymember.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Grats Rodent!

So, apparently there's a change coming to Goddess Scorned/Unleashed/Etc in 3.1

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/504429

"The Goddess Unleashed is going to go legacy; the recipe will no longer work. Instead, a revised version called Oni-Goroshi will drop in the game from a specific location in Act 1. This version has the same art/model as The Goddess Unleashed but everything else is different. The voice is new and covers all ten acts; it will not cover Maps. The flavour text is new. Oni-Goroshi is a level 1 sword that has 6L inherently, scaling damage and scaling degen. The degen is optional -- the condition to trigger it requires you add something that the sword does not grant: base fire damage. Without the degen, Oni-Goroshi is a 6L sword that has scaling flat physical damage and some crit. With the degen, it's a super powered version of The Goddess Unleashed"

Some more stuff in the post about the time invested in farming for it, stuff like it only drops from one specific boss in act 1 (which they're not saying which one it is, much like the original being all based on clues to figure it out)

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

They've said it's not from that one, given the hint that it's not a 'traditionally farmable boss', it's probably going to be Hillock.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Guess I'm doing a Necromancer or Occultist for my 3.1 starter.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Blink Arrow is one of the most underappreciated skills, because it lets you cross a lot of stuff that other movement skills can't do at all, like jump up the ledges in Kaom's Dream if you find the right spot, or cross the chasm in Act 5 Ascent where you run to the Oriath teleporter.

Actually traveling with the skill is balls, though.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I bind every single possible keybind to mouseup/mousedown.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Lechtansi posted:

Edit: relevant to this discussion

I feel like I'm having a stroke trying to parse that setup.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Oh man.

Edit: My favorite part of the announcement is how the actual Abyss mechanic works. One of my biggest pet peeves with Breach was that sometimes you'd just get jack-all, no matter how well you tore through a breach. With Abyss, it sounds like you're practically guaranteed a boss fight with every Abyss if you do it properly, adding to your shots at league-uniques and all the new stuff with it.

Keru fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Nov 23, 2017

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Stangg posted:

More importantly, the challenge rewards are good, wings and a portal effect, sign me up.

Definitely going for the full set of challenges in Abyss. Harbinger had such lacklustre stuff, the only thing that really looked nice was the Eyes effect, and that was covered by half of the existing helmet MTX's.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

whypick1 posted:

Looks like archers are getting their own Lady of Justice:

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/937860180787654656

(Screw you melee guys, you already have Ancestral Warchief)

Oh loving hell yes. I love archers too drat much in this game already.

Vasudus posted:

For dudes that run Shrapnel Shot, what do you do with the phys/light damage? Do you put at PtL gem in there and do 90% lightning?

The answer to this is "run Doomfletch Prism and Drillneck with double jewels and do 8x damage cone-shots on poor fools." With a prism on, you just scale added phys/phys% in as many slots as you can and end up ramping your damage up to about 1-2 million st. Even with a GMP/Inc.AoE you're still sitting at a pretty 800k.

I almost forgot to account for the new nerf to doomfletch, so you'll maybe do slightly less damage, but overall it's still the best bow ingame.

Usually the link setup for Shrapnel Prism is Shrapnel - Chance to Bleed - Hypothermia - Conc. Effect, WED and Slow. Proj, switching out Conc and Slow Proj for AoE/GMP when mapping.

Keru fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Dec 5, 2017

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Count Uvula posted:

Chance to bleed???

Absolutely, it adds physical damage.

Edit: you can use other gems too, but I find that CtB is a lot more reliable because it doesn't need a status ailment to add it's damage, unlike Immolate, and it doesn't remove status ailments like Elemental Focus, which would remove both Immolate and Hypothermia from the setup.

Of course, you'll swap in stuff like Ele Focus for bosses that can't reliable get status effects on them, so that changes up the links a bit.

Keru fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Dec 5, 2017

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the new prism 'meta' will be to scale pure damage and ignore crits altogether. Most likely this'll also kill off the usefulness of status builds since a lot of the reliance on applying them is from having tons of crit to begin with.

We'll know more once we have the patch notes.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

If anyone's curious how a Pathfinder Doomfletch with Shrapnel Shot looks, even at dodgy gear levels, here's mine from the SSF league.

https://pastebin.com/nW5R2sLf

Edit: I spent most of that league using a regular Doomfletch and I mapped along just fine in red maps with that setup.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I'm not going to really know poo poo until patch notes, to be honest. Maybe they fix some of the issues with CI, so you can run a Damage on Full Life gem in the mix, which would most likely be the biggest damage gem in there.

Edit: if they do fix this, I look forward to a lot more Elementalist Shrapnel Prism builds.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

McFrugal posted:

"take increased physical damage" does not check damage conversion. Maim would only apply the 30% more and of course the chance to maim.

At a guess, Maim is probably a distant third for red gems, even fourth if you're running a CI build for some reason since Damage on Full Life is one of those really mental conditional support gems.

Even more so if your chances to freeze/ignite are above 60-70%, in which case you can throw out anything that isn't ele dam, hypothermia, immolate, conc and gmp/slow proj for supports.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

In a RRRGGB setup, you're about 200-250k behind a RRBBGG setup with ele focus instead of maim. The only time I'd say to go for 3R in a shrapnel build is if you're CI, so you can have Damage on Full Life instead of Maim, and even then you're still better off with a GGRRBB setup with ele focus instead of ctb.

The real issue is the fact you're not using Maim Support to it's full potential because damage conversions are applied before any increases to damage, more/increase regardless. I think the only thing that doesn't get ignore before conversion is flat added damage?

Maim gives 30% More damage at max level, but Ele Focus and Ele Damage gives 49% and 54% respectively, and moreover their damage bonus is applied to all the elemental damage you're converting to.

Damage on Full Life applies 49% More damage at max level, so it works like Ele Focus except it applies to all damage types, including Chaos.

The drawbacks to Ele Damage and Damage on Full Life is that they only work on Attack skills, unlike Ele Focus.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

AggressivelyStupid posted:

When the patch notes come out someone make a melee necro, Tia. Preferably Cyclone.

Wish I'd saved my Ichimonji blade flurry necro I built for Legacy now.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

AggressivelyStupid posted:

This checks some desired gimmick build boxes alright, you have the general gist of it?

You'll want a lycosidae offhand so you can actually hit something, or go for Resolute Technique, the rest was stacking auras as much as you can, have a flesh offering on CwDT setup and a bunch of other stuff.

It was absolutely awful at everything, but who cares with dumb gimmick builds, right?

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

quote:

Dawn can now be temporarily prevented by sources of Curse Immunity.

Sounds like a great night to have a curse.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Welp, I didn't get any cool awards from the race, but at least I got Chaos Footprints from my box, so I've got that going for me.

Most likely I'll do my standard league starter of a Deadeye using Ice Shot and Barrage, especially so with the new bow gem. Can't wait to see what all the new uniques are/do, as well as play around with abyss jewels.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I feel the real strength of Mirage is that it copies your main skill in the link chain, which means you get to throw in extra attacks of, say, Barrage in there which is probably why they made it look so weak.

It's probably going to be the biggest damage support gem for any Barrage using build.

if it works on Mirror arrow, it's going to be loving hilarious

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I didn't think they'd let you actually do that, because yeah. It would've been fun to do a bow 'flicker' strike with blink arrow linked to it, though.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Looks like the servers took a hard nosedive just then.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

George posted:

I have a lot of feelings right now.

what the poo poo

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

NPR Journalizard posted:

Does anyone have a shrapnel shot tree I can have a look at?

I found this one, but a second opinion is always good.

Easiest one to scale is just Doomfletch Prism on your basic Pathfinder tree, with chance to bleed, Ele dam, conc effect, phys proj and mirage archer as well as two Collateral Damage and using a Drillneck to take advantage of the fact Shrapnel Shot always pierces, giving you a ton of bonus damage. Slam anything with added phys into a Stygian Belt and any sockets you can find leftover from the two for collateral damage and you're good to go.

It'll be low on health, so bring a decoy totem for mobs to blurf on.

Mathil did a one for Legacy that looked like this, though his used a Lioneye's Fall jewel in the far right socket to pick up the Claw nodes and convert those to bow, plus it's not been update for the new skill tree apart from moving the Vaal pact:

http://poeurl.com/bhsC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

please knock Mom! posted:

pathfinder is fine without infinite money as well, turns out regular ele flasks also give you 85% allres forever

Pathfinder is perfectly fine without infinite money, it probably does better than the others in SSF just because of how good even regular flasks become.
Deadeye is fantastic if what you want to do is just clear maps without having to be on the same screen.
Raider is for when you really, really love having frenzy charges for free and being immune to any elemental statuses.

Dps-wise, Deadeye can hit it's peak quicker than the other two because it's not so reliant on gear, but Pathfinder is the 'hurf blurf look at my pob link' level of dps nerdery.

Keru fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Dec 12, 2017