Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

NecroMonster posted:

beyond and it's big brother breaches are good

Even better together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
What to Expect From Content Update 3.3.0

GGG posted:

What's 3.3.0's League like?

When designing 3.3.0's league, we wanted to reinforce the core of what makes Path of Exile fun to play: killing monsters, gaining experience and earning items in every area you enter. We'll talk more about this league when it's being announced next month. If you enjoyed leagues that involved a lot of monster-killing like Ambush and Breach, you'll certainly enjoy this one.

I'm liking what I'm hearing so far.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZuFCnwXCWU

Fire traps seem pretty fun.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jazerus posted:

i'm going to miss flashback

not bestiary, just the flashback part. feels like it should just be the standard way to reuse old leagues rather than the anemic 10% chances for fun per map

I hope they bring back the Legacy league someday. That was a fun league.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So, is Blade Vortex still good with these changes? I was thinking of doing that triple Herald BV build someone posted several pages back, and I was wondering if it was still viable...

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Question for the Fire Trappers out there - what auras/curses/triggered skills/etc are you using? I’m trying to figure out what other skills I should have in addition to my Fire & Flamethrower traps.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Count Uvula posted:

Arc and lightning spire both hit (I'm guessing you confused 'Hit' with 'Attack', damage over time effects are the only thing that doesn't hit), but the main reason you take Born in Shadows is that it's a massive boost to your survivability and the small increased damage is a bonus. I can't imagine not taking Born in Shadows on a saboteur because it is an extremely good node.

Is it really that good? I might re-spec into it, then. Which should I give up - Chain Reaction or Explosives Expert?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

quote:

Added new voiced dialogue for Alva Valai when exploring the jungles outside the Temple of Atzoatl.

Heh.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
*sees unique Diviner's Strongbox*

*gets excited*

:v:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Man, talk about weird luck, lol

I'd never even seen one of these before today, and here I find two within a couple of hours.

6 Lich, 2 Hoarder, 1 Avenger

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Love the infinite dungeon concept, dislike the darkness gimmick.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

quote:

Now has a dirty new trick up his weird fleshy sleeve.

Good to know.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So someone on the softcore server just reached Depth 600. Jeebus.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

KoldPT posted:

Mapping is weird on this league. I have had to buy a ton of maps to get atlas completion (have 1 red total and all tiers up to 8 completed), and I still haven't gotten any real red map drops so I can progress to anything that would challenge my character.

Meanwhile I've made enough currency to buy a 6L belly and a set of adequate jewels for my build (facebreaker AW berserker).

Yeah, map sustain definitely feels rougher this league compared to Incursion. It'd be nice if Delve mons could drop maps, or if there was a "map room" area type.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Wow, they really improved the loot hidden behind walls in Delves - just got a Shroud of the Lightless that way :toot:

Now quick, someone suggest to me a good build that uses Shroud.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

George posted:

Mathil's Consecrated Path Elementalist was super memey and had one hand tied behind its back. I made a Pathfinder version and it's one of the tankiest characters I've ever played. I'm sure a Champion could work but I don't have a guide to recommend and you might have to modify it yourself.

Hopefully Voidforges are affordable again.

What makes Pathfinder tanky, specifically?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Artificial Idiocy posted:

Pathfinders get permanent flask uptime and additional flask effect, so you can get your elemental max resists extremely high. Stacking them with purity auras lets you get to 95%-97% fairly easily, even 100% with the right setup. And since one of those flasks will be taste of hate, you also get 30% Phys mitigation on top of that. As well as potentially 120% movespeed from an alchemist's quicksilver of adrenaline.

Oh yeah, Taste of Hate. Forgot about that one.

Speaking of which - does "increased effect of flasks" apply to all the bonuses provided by Taste of Hate? Including the max cold res % and the % of phys damage taken as cold?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

MMF Freeway posted:

I'm hoping/expecting that they trimmed out most of the not very good bestiary recipes and just left the good or unique ones

I'm just hoping they keep the prophecy ones, those were great.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

ToastyPotato posted:

At first I was sad that I had to wait until act four to delve, but then I realized that delving probably extended the time it took me to get to act 4 significantly.

I'm kinda bummed we have to wait until Act 7 for Alva because that means no more insane twink items from low-level temple bosses.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Btw, Chris Wilson is dropping hints as to what Scarabs are over in Reddit:

Chris Wilson posted:

Scarabs aren't currency items

Chris Wilson posted:

Scarabs are not what you think of as Leaguestones

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
And also traps were nerfed a bit in 3.4.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Awesome! posted:

well now we know what they look like

I love the scarab trolling :allears:

So, what do we know about scarabs so far? We know they're fragments, and that they're "not what you think of as Leaguestones", which suggests some kind of Leaguestone-ish functionality. Anything else?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vasudus posted:

Oh my god they figured out how to make leaguestones work.

Which is exactly what I'd hoped they'd be. :dance:

Zenithe posted:

So when they said it wasn't like a leaguestone they were just flat out lying/trolling.

Chris's exact words were that they weren't "what you think of as Leaguestones". So not lying, but definitely a bit of weasel wording in there.

Edit: For those wondering if you can use more than one in a single map:

Bex_GGG posted:

You can use multiple but no more than one of single type.

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 26, 2018

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vasudus posted:

The fact that they're a Betrayal item but they're going into the fragment tab eventually means that either Betrayal is planned to go core out the gate or they're going to be a persistent item rewarded from ongoing league gimmicks. So that's cool.

Also sounds like they're rare enough that you won't be drowning in them.

I believe they've already confirmed that Betrayal is going to go core.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1068252350245031936

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm curious as to how totem limits will work if you have two totem skills, one with the Multiple Totems support and one without. Would you be able to cast the non-Multi skill up to the max number of totems, then cast the Multi Totems skill once to get two additional totems?

If so, then this gem has some serious potential.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1068981053690236928

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Zenithe posted:

Is anyone familiar with Dominating Blow Guardian builds? I saw it recommended and it looks different enough from the builds I normally do, but easy enough to not cause any problems if it's drastically different.

https://pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2208101 is the build guide.

I ran this as my starter build for the Delve league, and yeah, it's a solid starter build.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1070444877547106307

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So I just got the "trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill" craftable mod.

... What's the catch? This seems incredibly powerful at face value.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So Alva seems to be bugged for me - she's not appearing anywhere, even in maps with the Incursion symbol on them. Anyone else experiencing this?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Red Red Blue posted:

Looks like the +1 totem shieldcraft was stealth removed before the patch came out? https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/a4qqp9/psa_it_is_currently_impossible_to_obtain_voricis/ebigfog/?context=3

Can't really use tukohama's fortress with MoM so I guess soul mantle is mandatory now? That's a very odd choice

Wait, what the gently caress? They specifically teased this mod before release!

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Flavahbeast posted:

ok taking a closer look at my syndicate chart I think I might know why I was having trouble with assassins

On the plus side, you're going to get some pretty nice scarabs out of that safehouse.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Gorelab posted:

I'm admittedly not great, but it feels like either the damage Betrayal people do or the amount of clutter during fights with them needs to drop. They're fine when I can see what the heck is going on but between the green gunk 2 or 3 dudes and all the adds it's just impossible to see what the heck to dodge. (I'd honestly just rather them make them easier to see because it does feel right when I can see what's happening.)

Yeah, the Fortress fights in particular feel way too cluttered right now.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

No Safe Word posted:

You get an item with that architect's prefix/suffix on it. Some are very much not that valuable though.

There's also a small chance of getting a special Incursion unique instead.

Qwertycoatl posted:

There's currently a bug where if you don't do what the game expects when you first meet Alva in act 7, it doesn't think you completed the incursion introductory quest and you can't invite her to your hideout and she doesn't appear in maps, even the ones with her icon.

I had this problem for a while, but eventually Alva did show up in a random map for me, and I was able to close out her questline.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Andy Dufresne posted:

The base game is so good at this point with Elder, Delve, and Incursion built in that I'd be totally willing to play in Standard. I'm also really enjoying Betrayal and the OP crafts so it's nice to have the extra content but I'd say Delve is still my favorite part of the game.

Delve is kinda wonky with the Azurite/Sulphite costs right now, though. Feels like things didn't get rebalanced properly with the change to the starting level.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So, what does the Scarab economy look like right now? Are there any particular Scarabs that command a pretty good price?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

No Safe Word posted:

My only wishlist is:

- remove sulphite cap
- make getting veiled mods a more achievable thing than just "put Aisling (I think?) in a safehouse and grind to unlocking that", I want to craft all the things - I suppose making them more likely to drop in general or turn up the frequency of "drops a veiled rare" but that sort of slows other things down
- don't have Zana give me 3-4 variations of the same map when I'm on the mission select, that's just rude

That's really it though, this league and the permanent inclusion of the legacy leagues is really loving good.

Also,

- Have Alva appear more often

Incursion's my favorite thing to do, and I've gone like 20 maps without seeing her once :(

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Anyone else having trouble getting Alva to show up in maps? The other masters show up at a decent rate for me, but Alva is incredibly rare for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So, random question - is it worth taking a magic weapon with one of those Incursion mods on it (e.g. 110% cold damage & adds cold damage to spells), sticking "can have multiple crafted mods" on it, and trying to craft a good caster weapon that way?