Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Cinara posted:

Tips? if you want to play that in the coming league the axe is going to be expensive, and the neck is going to be VERY expensive. Breaches are rare as hell compared to the previous leagues, and unless the patch notes mention serious changes from how it was on beta, everything from them will be quite expensive.

Raider would be my top choice, move speed is king for Cyclone, but Berserker would be a close second.

You can totally play without the xoph's neck also, its an upgrade for sure, but i still managed to get to all the way to t16s on my atlas without having one. Also i've played it as zerker in two leagues now and it works great for my tastes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

theshim posted:

Slaying enemies close together has a chance to summon a breach

A man can dream.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
:ohdear:

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
Thanks for murdering the game rodent. :argh:

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
Where is my whale fast lane? :smugdog:

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
NERDS!!

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
So I don't break funman law.

theshim posted:

gently caress you funman

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
I could play other games but then how would I complainpost while mashing the login button.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Flavahbeast posted:

that guy should pick up some new flasks

Its better than some of the preview videos where they have 3 mana flasks and 2 health flasks.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Phobophilia posted:

I was aware of doing lots of short-range whirling blades to speed around the map (its a very smooth playstyle with a high attack speed raider, a la old howa ranger).

I was not aware of leap slam working in a box within the screen, making diagonal pythagorean movement more optimal (a la Civ/SMAC movement).

Yeah I figured out the WB thing a while ago just through spamming the skill, but kinda just assumed a lot of people did the same. The only thing I knew with leap was that using it with 'attack in place' made it feel better to use.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

theshim posted:

while still getting to have some amount of life regen.

This is the part I liked too. But I'm gonna wait for the notes before I get too bummed out about it. I dont see them ignoring incoming damage with the removal of instant leech, so hopefully the tweaks to damage + nerfed slayer leech ends up being less noticeable if you dont take vaal pact.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Mr. Despair posted:

I'd be hoping for this to just start playing on loop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZVdR19E5mU

This is me every time I type " NERDS " in guildchat.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Eminai posted:

You are really bad at this game, huh?

LMAO

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Andy Dufresne posted:

Hey guys I have a 98 iiq biscos and someone offered 50c for it

Also found a fiend card so I'm rich biyatch!

I don't know if you are trolling but bisco's is worth a lot more than 50c.
http://poe.trade/search/anomdusesiwoak

they start at like 12ex

e: I figured as much.

Ougher fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 28, 2018

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
Hell yeah Crab League.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
Lol, silly rat thinking he knows anything about the game that he's played more than most of us combined. :smugdog:

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Flavahbeast posted:

Violence league??

That's every league.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Zenithe posted:

So I watched the reveal, it's Legion but slower

It's slower Abyss where you have to pick the path.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Zero VGS posted:

So this dude ranked #289 saw fit to rope me by stalling every move for as long as possible, for over an HOUR AND A HALF.

Finally, he attacks and his timer and the attack freeze in place and he chucks his first emote of the game at me, "Oops". Now we're been stuck like this for another half hour.

I'm curious if that was just an accident caused from him being so pathetic, or if he actually induced some exploit, because I've seen things like that before (I remember rapidly tapping mana and undoing could crash a server for a few days).

Man this new league looks weird.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
Trade you an item? gently caress you play me in Gwent for it nerd.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Molybdenum posted:

How many fusion orbs does it take to get 6 links gotdang

Also I unintentionally ended up fighting atzeri, that lady is no joke.

Ask Vasudus how many it took to 6-L his Hopeshredder. :smugdog:

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
19 new skills just means queeb will reroll at least 19 times before week one is over. :v:

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
I don't remember a league launch where stash tabs went on sale at the same time, it's usually the following week. But whatever it's often enough that you should literally never buy any stash stuff unless its on sale.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Insurrectionist posted:

From watching random streamer takes, apparently int stacking has been nerfed and it's a wash or something? I don't remember who claimed that but they didn't elaborate anyway just mentioned it in passing when reading that line of the manifesto.

Whispering Ice took so much investment for what was uhh.. I guess 'acceptable' clear but nothing crazy like Int stacking wanders or whatever else. This doesn't really seem significant enough to get excited about. This is coming from someone who likes playing WI builds and I spent like 50-60ex on my last one. I enjoyed playing it but it was far from the fastest clearer/bosskiller I've played.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
Play fast and never get any good drops.
Play slow and never get any good drops.

I can't decide. :ohdear:

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
For me to poop on.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

InventorOfTrees posted:

You guys ready for the Reaper gem to give absolutely gently caress all information for how it works in game, and will require no less than fourteen posts from Mark_GGG on reddit to fully understand, which will then become the sole source of information on the gem for the next 3 years?

Up to two Mark posts so far, probably more to follow.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Syle187 posted:

Hypothermia existed as a gem before the cold dot archtype was a thing.

Yes, and they went out of their way to add Cold Dot do it when they did the big focus on Cold Dot, but then took it away this patch and replaced it with ???

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
It's a real shame that these goons are being driven mad by the incomprehensible redditor posting. I wish the person holding a gun to their head forcing them to read and post in this thread would stop. :ohdear:

Maybe we should free rutibex so they would actually have something good to read.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

MMF Freeway posted:

We all use this: https://pathofbuilding.community/

It basically lets you build characters outside the game and its been updated with most of the new changes. So you can look at builds from past leagues and then apply the new changes to them and see how hard they got hit

To add to that, there are several streamers/youtubers who put out pretty good newbie guides. Zizaran usually makes guides you can do ssf, so if you play them in trade league they are usually very easy to gear up, and should get you through most of the games content. I've used a couple of his guides to start before when im feeling exceptionally lazy.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
His POBs tend to have leveling setups for multiple stages, and sometimes detailed notes on which gems to use along the way and why. Regardless of how you feel about streamers or content creators, I 100% recommend Ziz guides if you are lazy and/or new and just want something that will work.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

McFrugal posted:

I'm watching the Asmongold interview and Chris said something interesting that nobody seems to have mentioned in here. One of the NPCs in Expedition is a currency exchange NPC! Presumably this means GGG set up something more usable than the current vendor currency deals.

" I meant to clarify how this works during the interview but things moved on and I forgot to come back to it.

Each of the four vendors wants four types of runed artifacts, which are progressively rarer than the last.

Gwennen, Tujen and Rog will accept their types in exchange for their services.

Dannig accepts his type in exchange for a variety of things:

He will trade his ones at 1:1 for the other vendors' ones. You can do this an unlimited amount. He takes *his* artifacts and offers you *theirs*. The purpose of this is to help in situations where you are short some.
He offers some special deals of limited amounts of other vendors' ones at a discount. This is a reason to reroll his inventory
He can sell logbooks, rarely
He can sell the currency items that are used for rerolling the vendors. These are not traded 1:1."

From chris here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/opt40s/i_just_listened_to_allcraftand_holy_crap_how_did/h67l9yo/?context=10

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

theshim posted:

in less than an hour I will play the video game "path of exile" and you fools cannot stop me!!!!

As is tradition from our long lost funman, gently caress you Shim. :glomp:

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

Act 1 was fine

No it was still too easy.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Jazerus posted:

that post is a joke. you are on a comedy forum. calm down

what makes you think they aren't calm just because they dont know what the gently caress that poo poo is?

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

whypick1 posted:

So a few people in this thread recommended Chronicon, which I picked up a couple days ago and...I'm assuming the game becomes something besides a boring slog at some point, right? I'm level 14 and I seriously think I'd rather do the Gauntlet again.

Yeah it gets better in the later levels, the earlygame is super whatever.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

boredsatellite posted:

Less projectiles for molten strike

Fine, as long as its one gigantic projectile that hits the entire screen. :colbert:

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
One of the first podcasts he was one he said they didn't want to lose 30% of their revenue and then released expedition and lost 30% of their revenue and someone said " hey I thought the idea was to NOT do this"

i'm paraphrasing off the top of my head but it was pretty close to this.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Traxis posted:

Good, hopefully he'll see that auto gold pickup doesn't make the game worse in any conceivable way

Instead he will decide he likes the 'weight' the stamina system adds. :devil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

You'd think you would have at least read the posts before complaining about them being tedious.

I did read them and I agree with qnqnx.