Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

:yeah:

The only question is, very strict or uber-strict?

On another note, I'm trying to complete all content this league, for the first time ever, and kind of hitting a wall in knowing what to upgrade next. I seem to be pushing best with my Ngahamu Cyclone Slayer, but still feel a little bit squishy in some fights. That probably wouldn't be a problem if I could learn the fights and 'git good', but alas. Would anyone mind making a recommendation on how I may want to respect my guy or what purchases to look for? I have roughly 15ex to spend.

Profile is at https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ClockworkUtopia/characters?characterName=Mythiar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Thank you for taking a look, faster attacks + leap slam is a good idea, and I'll look at your guy to see how else to improve. As to where he feels squishy, a few map mod combinations have been problems, especially on boss fights, and also the chimera fight worked me hard enough that I figured in addition to learning the mechanics, I should probably re-evaluate my setup

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Neversink created a Royale filter, https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/88nmb0/lootfilter_royal_neversinks_super_rough_filter/

I haven't had a chance to use it though, since we killed the servers

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Buddy, it’s real, and it’s fabulous.

11 wins is ridiculous. I got one but am unlikely to ever get so lucky again

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Actually pp is good

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

pork never goes bad posted:

Has anyone played both regular and Indigon VD PP? What's the pros & cons? How much more survivable is Indigon?

The price of the VD enchant has gone up so much, I could sell my Rat's Nest with VD enchant and fully switch to Indigon (and have like 3ex to spare for things like cooldown reduction gear). Otherwise I'm stuck slowly saving up for a leech eye which I won't get before Flashback without a clutch drop.

Zero have a nice summary but I’ll just chip in with my own experience, as a scion that tried ppvd with and without indigon.

I leveled as non-indigon slayer/elementaist until 94 and managed to craft a nice enchant helm so my position was probably similar to yours. I had nice gear for the build but it felt a bit squishy compared to my RF Jugg and I was curious to try out indigon for myself.

After switching elementalist to pathfinder, dropping a bunch of dps nodes for other stuff, respeccing my bandit choice, and then realizing a bunch of my gear was suboptimal for indigon, I gotta say I’m still really happy with the switch. I’m running a zerphis flask, so ymmv, but I feel a lot tankier than before, although still susceptible to one-shots, and dps is still great. It still plays mostly the same, but it’s been fun regearing slowly with a slightly different emphasis on affixes.

If you were doing anger leech watchers eye you can still run that, or alternatively do a warlord mark or fire leech on amulet, or maybe something else. After that, getting mana recovery (not regen, not recovery from flasks) on your belt will help your mana leech rate keep up with indigon a demands. In addition, a mana recovery watchers eye is great, and can be had for like 2 or 3 ex.

Honestly, I’d say just try swapping out the helm and playing around with it. If you like the premise then you can start optimizing it bit by bit

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Can you send an invite to WorkHPlayH? Thanks, Rodent!

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Truth bombs gettin dropped like bad league mechanics

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Tankiest pp may be pathfinder with zerphis

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Zero VGS posted:

Oh poo poo, I didn't realize Zerphis were super dirt cheap like 1-2c because of Perandus apparently? I specifically avoided a Zerphi build for Flashback because I figured it was unobtanium.

Yeah, just because of that I decided to try it this league as my second char. My flask was 12ex late last league and this one cost 2c day 1

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

For chest missions that Zane has gotten me into, I just kite the exile down the hall a ways then sprint past him, clear out the area, and open the chest. They stop following once they’re a screen or so behind so it’s a reliable way to have breathing room

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

That’s no piss portal, but still pretty good

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Jazerus posted:

i'm going to miss flashback

not bestiary, just the flashback part. feels like it should just be the standard way to reuse old leagues rather than the anemic 10% chances for fun per map

I couldn’t agree more

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

The Wonder Weapon posted:

As someone with a lot of time in D3, this is not D3. You will die often, you won't see it coming, and you won't know what it was. There's also an infinite number of ways to end up stacking specific interactions that are extraordinarily lethal and if you don't know what to watch out for, they'll get you real good.

If you want to get 40 characters to level 30 then go right ahead with HC, but I'd recommend at least a season in SC.

This is a very good point. I came from D3 and put a lot of hours into HC, so figured I would try it here. I made it to like level 35, and feeling pretty smug about myself, attempted to do the Labyrith, a kind of challenge area with nice rewards, and immediately got my rear end handed to me within the first 1 or 2 seconds of encountering the boss.

I now have way more time played and still regularly get my poo poo handed to me by stuff I didn't see coming, it's been a very humbling experience

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

J posted:

Elemental hit got buffed, and then nerfed before release, what world are we living in

There must be a series of klaxons in HQ set to that fire the moment someone on their forums begins earnestly theory crafting around elemental hit

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Jinnigan posted:

Jesus christ, three minutes before he begins talking about what he titled the video. Come the gently caress on

While speaking with a mouth full of peanut butter the entire time

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Agreeing with duckandcover here

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

My deadeye elehit guy leveled as a rain of arrows mirage dude. Just throw some elehit gems in your weapon swap so you can get leveling when you’d like to switch

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Awesome! posted:

i almost took a shot of the valakos sign listings but didnt bother. when he messaged me there was not a single one listed for under 200c, all the way up to like 6ex and they were all listed within the previous hour. these guys work in a group so the listings are from multiple people to make it look more legit.

I may be dense, but I think it’s doable for even a single individual to run this scam, since it just requires multiple free accounts

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

holy poo poo piss

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Bless you, Rodent

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Papercut posted:

Yeah the guide I'm following goes Slayer and that tree first and then I think Pathfinder. Right now I've only done cruel and normal lab.

I did this build last league, and would not recommend prioritizing the duelist stat tree over raider or pathfinder ascendancy. You can get down to the duelist area with just a few skill points, then respec to get them back once you’ve done Uber lab.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

I play a lot but am still poor and a moron

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Can you attach a screenshot? We can help from there

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

pokchu posted:

I'm very glad I added Herald of Purity to my Tri BV guy. The flat damage is nice, but the added meatshield minions make harder content vastly easier (Chimera is the biggest example)

Yeah, that was the most noticeable benefit for me as well

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Clearly it was melee that needed a nerf

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

boo_radley posted:

My real struggle is going to be coming up with a great new name. DelvinSimonTheodore was a great pun and I haven't gotten any good ideas from "betrayal" as a league name.

I appreciated that character name and will miss him or her

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Clockwork will play!

quote:

In Oriath's shadow, new friends are found
One reeks of earth and bestial blood
Who seeks a pal to aid his hunt
With weapon in hand, I become his hound

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Holyshoot posted:

Cause getting the stash vendored every day is a good guild worth being in.

Having a guild leader that requires an exalt and dozens of chaos bribe before he’ll bother to name tabs, the most odious of chores, is also very cool

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

That guardian cyclone build looks interesting. Did you follow a guide or theory craft it yourself?

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Thank you for starting it, pokchu

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Skyl3lazer posted:

honestly it generating posts like these makes it the best thing ive ever done

e; I can't wait for GGG to add a stash log so I can see that the dude complaining about the tab names is also the dude vendoring the stash via script

Dance puppets!

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Don't waste your ex, and glove enchants are typically very minor improvements. Unless I'm missing something major here, I wouldn't base any expensive gearing decisions around a glove enchant (corruptions are a different story)

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

hawowanlawow posted:

I remember reading that shroud was making 200k/mo at the height of pubg popularity

And still encouraging children to steal from their parents so they could buy subway gift cards that could then be used on twitch. Somehow it’s never enough

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

I like flasking and pathfinder is my thirsty gal

If hitting flasks is hurting your wrists, put their hotkeys on the home row. He’ll, even if it’s not hurting your wrists, put them on the home row

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Currency and maps. One premium for selling and one quad for qol. Other ones are nice but not nearly as useful as those

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

It appears that we have a lot to discuss

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Jorgin and ITF are my faves. Unless I’m missing something, we don’t know anything about the latter besides what’s revealed in the dialogue and it makes for an intriguing character. Jorgin just has a great attitude and delivery

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

It's not just the fact the mastermind doesn't drop any good rewards, but the fact that doing her actually hurts your overall rewards for many hours as you try to get everything setup the way you liked it before, beat the mastermind? enjoy your research and intervention being led by <1c rewards instead of chain-running your 30c scarabs and free exalted orb uses.

I just worry the lesson their going to learn going forward is forcing you to fight the mastermind when she is 100% and locking out the other four branches until she is beaten.

You know in your heart that it’s absolutely going to be their takeaway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

The island is also full of giant man-hungry spiders