Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/_SA_Oodles/characters

Seymour Dongs, What do I spend 3c on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I’m struggling in incursions with arc totems. I’m ok levelling but not spitting out enough damage to kill the boss quick enough.

Level 33ish and my totems are only doing 300dps each, and I’ve got the +1 totes perk.

What else am I supposed to do after dropping them. Besides not dying.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Goa Tse-tung posted:

post your character? so far everyone who has trouble with arc has super bad gear

EtTuButtes

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Papercut posted:

Yeah it's really fun. Especially compared to when I tried it like 5 years ago.

What's the benefit of being in a guild?

Guild stash and high brow conversation.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I can't seem to see your tree, but the very first thing I see: you're not a hiero yet you gimp your dps using totem, put arc in a proper +1 3L wand as mentioned up-thread.

Do I want to reroll a blue to red to get it totem-able? Or just keep it as castable arc for a while?

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Is there any way to make this game run better on my potato or a PC? Or am I doomed to buy a new PC?

I’m running a quad core 3.30, and it’s at about 90% cpu load all the time. It’ll also freeze then play catch up.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Jinnigan posted:

Any clue why Rigwald's Savagery has spiked from 1.5ex to nearly 6ex in the last few days? Got one that I want to sell but I wanna know why the price is so high before moving it.

Idiots with money?

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Bakalakadaka posted:

I have yet to have the map room come up more than once I will never finish that challenge rip

Best I’ve ever got was a lvl 2 maproom.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Phobophilia posted:

I'm a garbage idiot player and I've managed to kill Uber Elder in 2/3 runs on an Arc trapper.

Can you post your character? I’m getting owned by white elder as a trapper and could do with some pointers.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Awesome! posted:

getting owned on white elder as basically any build just says to me that your mechanics of the fight are lacking more than anything. what usually ends up killing you?

I just don’t think I’ve got enough health regen. I’m relying on pots :(

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Can someone give me some advice what to upgrade next? I’m an Elemental hit Deadeye.

I’m managing about t11/12 maps, but getting spanked by the elder guardians. So I’m pretty sure I need more health.

I’d like a Prismatic Ring, but that’s about 3ex and I’ve only got about 80c to my name just now.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/_SA_Oodles/characters/DongesAndButtes

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

McFrugal posted:

First off, what the hell do you mean by a "Prismatic Ring"? That's an item type.
Looks like you forgot to do merc lab. Go do it!
That Call of the Brotherhood isn't doing very much for you now that the ehit jewels got nerfed. Swap it out for a ring with a ton of life and edwa that still overcaps your resists. Shouldn't be too expensive since you won't need much resists on it. If you can get fire res on it you could swap your quiver out for a drillneck which would give you more life and damage. You could also stand to get more life on your belt and boots. Crafted life is not enough. Sacrifice chaos res if you have to. In the current league I think the only major source of chaos damage is the Chimera fight, which you shouldn't have issues with since you're ranged and have enough damage to kill the serpents before they get to you.
Your QOTF is only giving you 8% movespeed so I don't know why you have it. You could easily get a better evasion chest, with more life and resists.
Is your Panicked flask actually working like an instant flask for you when you need it? Consider a bubbling or seething one instead. Get a loving prefix on your second life flask and your quicksilver what is wrong with you. Why do you even have a mana flask?! Replace that with a granite since you have iron skin on your quicksilver for some reason. Also get your life flasks to 20% quality once they have good affixes.
Why are you using quill rain? You could use The Tempest or Windripper for more damage, or even Lioneye's Glare.

I'm guessing that you're going to be picking up more jewel slots in your passive tree as you approach level 90. Get life on those jewels.

Thanks for your help. Managed to up my dps by 50% and my life by 1K. That’s just by changing my bow, quiver and ring.

I’ll sort my flasks out next. Then I’ll do lab. Cheers.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

LeninVS posted:

How much longer do you guys think the league will go for? I stopped playing for a couple weeks. Trying to figure out if I should come back now or just wait for the new league start

Think it’s at least got another month to six weeks to go. They’ve said they’re not doing Races or Flashbacks.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Mordecai posted:

I started playing this on the weekend, and I'm severely overleveled from the mining. Playing as a necromancer, I cleared act 3 at level 40 with my minions chewing up every boss in just a few seconds. Maybe I should try a new character and skip the mine to enjoy a bit of challenge? The mine is.. ok, but nothing in it has really wowed me, except for a Harbinger enemy which it seems I can find elsewhere?

Complete acts 1-10 then go mining.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Also, don’t use your chaos (or exalts) until you know what to do with them.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Yea otherwise you could run Harbinger league and get rich af

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Lechtansi posted:

To be fair, I have 1000 hours into the game and I didn't know any of this. Care to finish the story in a TL:DR fashion?

:same:

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

And dying to spiky blue bugs.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

How can I turn my 3.5 ex into 7 ex? I’m saving for Xoph’s Blood. Do I just need to keep doing what I’m doing and flogging everything I find?

Level 90 Elemental Hit Deadeye, 140/159 completion and about 280 depth.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Awesome! posted:

div card tab is like the absolute most useless one.

I don’t use the fragments one. But maybe I’m not at that stage yet.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

What I would like is the ability to “sell” three maps in the map tab like you can in the essence tab. I suppose the only wrinkle would be choosing the maps as some can be rare or uncommon.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Andy Dufresne posted:

Even in my consolidated standard stash I can keep all my div cards to 1 normal sized tab, so I never bought it. I also never bought the fragments but I think that one would make my life easier.

I'm retarded and ripped my first 2 poets pens in act 3 because I'm trying to level as ES but I'm back in the game with 2 more

It’s the stash sale this weekend. So now’s a good time

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I know it’s nearing the end of the league. I’ve got 7ex to spend and I’m contemplating a Xoph’s Blood. But don’t know if that’d be the best value for money.

I can deathlessly do Minotaur. Want to be able to do Shaper (not bothered about deathless). Feels like I don’t have enough regen.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Phobophilia posted:

Spend that money on getting a 6L +3 bow, and a 6L chinsol, so you can weapon swap between clear and single target. Your current weapon suuucks for EHit.

My dps doesn’t seem to be that bad. I’m not struggling with bosses and clearing, I’m finding I’m not regenning life quick enough.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Enkor posted:

You have vaal pact, so dps = life regen

Does that get reflected in path of Building? As modelling that a new bow which gives me an extra 40%, doesn’t increase my life regen at all.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I’m looking forward to the name of the next expansion so I can dream up a comedic name.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

KomeradeCanadian posted:

I have literally twice in my life seen Emperor's Luck pay out chaos or more. The rest were armorer's, transmutes, and once nets. Hoo boy, currency!

I got 5 Masters Cartographers Seals. It was ace.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Xun posted:

Speaking of trading, as someone whose pretty casual in this game how do I sell stuff to players good? I have a premium tab but I have no idea what my drops are worth if anything most of the time. I have never owned a single exalt except once when I got some meta gem drop early on in a league.

Keep raising the prices on things until people stop messaging you, then go back a few steps.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Zephro posted:

I started playing arc totem heiro and I still haven't stopped, it owns

That’s what I’m thinking too.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Captain Foo posted:

lol if your golem isn't cwdt

I found a spare slot for my portal gem, and it became CWDT. Which was actually quite nice for accidental deaths.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Captainicus posted:

Have you considered cast on death support instead? :v: What a handy gem!

Not sure I want a portal right next to where I died, as that’s usually a dangerous spot.

I’m usually running away trying to click Portal, and invariably clicking Scroll of Wisdom, then by that point I’m dead and have to run from the entrance.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Zenithe posted:

It's probably for the best they only released the lol patch notes just before the real ones, because I guarantee you poe players are the kind of people who would drive themselves insane looking for clues to the real patch notes.

did you miss the poring over the Whiteboard?

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Tenkaris posted:

8GB of patch on steam, drat

Doing the maths, I should be able to get it downloaded in the two hours after getting back from work and league starting.

I remember when I had to leave my pc on overnight to download an mp3, and two hour disconnects were a thing.

:corsair:

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

rawk cawk posted:

fukken queue after a crash again :arghfist:

i crashed going into an aspirants trial.

:argh:

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Playing last night for 4 hours, and realised I should probably give GGG some money.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Turns out twin elder is a thing.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Shamelessly stolen from reddit.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Askew posted:

So I got this wand that seems like it might be worth something, but I can't find anything listed that has a similar combo of modifiers that would give me an idea of a good price.

https://imgur.com/a/7n04L0Z

I've literally sold maybe three things in the hundreds of hours I've played this game but I think Betrayal is getting me to finally start trading regularly, so any help is appreciated.

If you’ve got the trade macro, do control - alt - D. Then select the elemental damage down the bottom.

That’ll give you a general idea of the worth.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Andy Dufresne posted:

But spending currency on a 3rd party site completely unrelated to the game isn't really working towards a goal in the traditional sense. I mean, you could say clocking in at Burger King for 8 hours and spending your $60 on exalts is also working towards the same goal.

But I mined the ore, so my ship is free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Zmej posted:

I love this league and how the syndicate can assassinate my rear end at any time.

Same. I always keep a Vaal DS charge in reserve unless I’ve seen the fortification, transport or research den.