Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

i can still taste him posted:

I read the whole thing. Good job on the new thread!

Thinking I will do my usual static strike max block gladiator to start the new league. Tanky and cheap, and a good way to farm currency for whenever I end up trying a low life cast on crit scorching bear trap chaos storm saboteur, or whatever

Static strike looks solid, but I am personally leaning more towards sunder with those sweet new gems.

theshim posted:

gently caress you funman

RT gladiator/berserker/jugg/raider sunder. That is my safe recommendation for the new league. That may change fast when patch notes arrive.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

eonwe posted:

I havent played this in forever

should I just wait for the 4th to start again

Yessssssss, get in the guild.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

theshim posted:

No, that makes too much sense. I'm gonna do crit frostbolt totems Inquisitor, because I am Dumb.

Axes with soultaker being the most obvious end game weapon with a shield like lioneyes. Though I think using rigwqlds sword and axe will be better in the long run. I respeced my gladiator on standard with the rigwald axe/sword combo and BoR and it was very good, running T16 maps without much problem, the guadian fights took a while longer than some of my other builds(but they are all getting nerfed hard). I used a legacy bor because thats what I had, but you can swap some stuff on the tree to get back up to max block with a non-legacy one.

funmanguy fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jul 31, 2017

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

TheRat posted:

What thread should I post a clip about path of exile in then?

The pillars of eternity thread.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
this is a buff

fake edit: gonna do wormblaster strait out of the gate. shield charge+cast on melee kill+lightning warp

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
REAL PATCH NOTES WHEN!?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I did not read the fake patchnotes. Shocking I'm sure.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Every time a unique drops I just hear MACHINATIONS

The way that guy says fusing sounds like a cowboy. Tips his hat and says fu'sin

funmanguy fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 1, 2017

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Mr. Despair posted:

Lol, I ended breach league by dropping and 6ling a skyforge, and now a few hours after legacy ended I chance up some skyforths

maybe someday I'll get them during a league instead

Is that the second pair youve chanced?

funmanguy fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Aug 1, 2017

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I forgot the leagues merged, so many remove only tabs....

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
How do you remove skin transfers in the new mtx system?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Awesome! posted:

i think they said it was like shift click or control click or something like that

it was shift, thanks

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Life based jugg discharge with them boots, might not be good, but it would be funny.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
The worst part about them removing eternals is the death of middle ground rare weapons on standard. You have 1 handed crit weapons that go up to around 300-350 dps, then boom strait up to 550 mirrored items with no gradual climb anymore. I miss that.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

redneck nazgul posted:

Okay, Berserker question:

If you cast Dark Pact with no minions, it costs 6% of maximum life. Does the 10% more damage taken node boost that to 16%, causing a Savage Hit and allowing for the 100% damage leech?

If so, I think I smell a meme build of a bunch of CWDT + Dark Pact set ups.

The skill doesn't do damage to you or your skeletons, it instead instantly removes life, so the skill does not work with Cast when Damage Taken and other self-damage setups and cannot be mitigated. Instead, the caster must use leech or other forms of life recovery to sustain their own life when used on themselves, or resummon their skeletons if they die.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
When would you cast dark pact?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
You're all wrong.

Source: I'm right

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Nice! Finally some necromancer buffs

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
its time to read

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
A quick question to anyone who played the beta. Does the immolate support gem bonus damage apply to units that are burning but immune to ignite?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

theshim posted:

From what I can tell they removed immunities on pretty much everything, except to Freeze.

I'm seriously tempted to pull out the old Hrimburn Vortex build again with all these new gems.

Its more for the ability to use immolation and ele focus in the same gem links, as long as you are hitting something that is being burned down by a SR totem.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Interesting, seems that Gruthkul's Pelt doesn't disable vuln from witchfire brew flask, or curse on hit from gloves.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

beaner69 posted:

I downloaded the beta on xbone and picked the archer chick cuz I heard she's gay.

Good call.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

euphronius posted:

The masters suck and are the worst part of the game right behind the labyrinth not having checkpoints .

Ban this sick filth

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Meridian posted:

Any suggestions for a build that does well self found? I haven't played in ages and don't understand the economy at all so figured I'd probably mostly just be playing by myself.

Any good spell is consistent start as you depend on spell levels over high damage weapons relative to attacking builds. That said there is an actual solo self found mode you can create characters in, it changes nothing except no trading. Not sure if thats what you intend to do, but the option is available.

Meridian posted:

I wasn't saying that I didn't plan to use it, just that I don't know enough to go on there and trade my way up d2jsp style.

Its pretty easy to buy/sell in leagues, especially the first month because there are so many people playing. A premium stash tab can also be a public stash tab, which you can use to set buyouts for items that get picked up through the trade api by poe.trade and other people search for an item, message you and buy the thing.

Using fg through d2jsp is something that can get you banned for real money trading, I don't recommend it.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

J posted:

Anyone got any opinions on the difference in survivability for a sunder build between gladiator (dual wield, alkazier's build) versus berserker abusing cloaked in savagery+vaal pact? I'm strongly considering one or the other, but I'd like to be able to scale it up to do guardians at least, if not shaper. Not sure how ridiculous of a weapon it'd take to have enough damage to do that.

Berserker leech is insanely good, but it depends on having lots of very fast hits relatively quickly and in a way that isn't easily interrupted by stuns or freeze. For attacks thats been cyclone for a while, while spells like blade vortex and firestorm do a great job as well. I don't think you can get enough consistent damage instances with sunder to reliably be immortal through leech, so when I make a sunder dude it will gladiator/juggernaut/raider(maybe champion if I am feeling hipster)

Hauki posted:

Yeah, I was kinda psyched to try it out, but I'm looking at other options now :geno:

I am genuinely thinking of storm burst cwc ball lightning.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Anyone got any goals for the league? Mine is getting 36 challenges and picking up some specific rare weapons that are impossible to find past the first month and a half. A 500+pdps exquisite blade and a 70+ spell damage 20 cast speed crit multi penetration sceptre.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Vasudus posted:

My goal is to get at least one character to 95. I always stop at 92/93 for the high end.

Storm Burst CWC Ball Lightning sounds mighty tempting, I love me some Ball Lightning.

I inclined to try this with with berserker in order to take advantage of ball lightnings lots of little hits in a short time and VP with 100% leech. I know dbk did a ball lightning build a few leagues ago and I want to pick his brain about it.

I am an idiot and can never get decent numbers in path of building, i feel like it would be strong but I am too dumb to configure everything correctly.

Edit: Hey blazer, what do you think about only having 1 guild stash tab for active gems and 1 for supports instead of 3 of each for each color? with the vendor in act 3 it seems like we could do something better with that space.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Wow I didnt look too closely at the storm burst numbers, I just assumed it was the same as the values datamined from the beta, thats really low and I don't think its good to start there.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
They would only really be used at the start of a league when people are buying other people gems before act 3, that and drop only gems, but those rarely get put in the stash anyway

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Had an idea I wanted to test out, but somehow i never kept any of my frozen trail jewels

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Insurrectionist posted:

What's the movement skill of choice for a staff-based caster that wants fortify?

This is a thinly veiled complaint over the 'attacks per second' number that is currently showing under Leap Slam on PoB for me.

leap slam, flicker strike, cyclone.

good luck

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Frostbolt miner.

Im going to need a second frozen trail tomorrow

funmanguy fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Aug 3, 2017

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Goa Tse-tung posted:

zerker bv

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1682703

level as sunder till you can have enough respecs to finish the lap around to VP at level 60/when you can wield Obliterations (I think)

you can snake your way through the scion area to VP while levelling as melee

save all your chaos to buy a corrupted 6L with your colors (try to get as much life as possible)

I'll go ahead and recommend against this. All of it

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I keep changing my mind about builds.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Since we have a lot of people returning after a while not playing the game here is a good thing to know.

Quality is not consumed when using a jeweler or fusing orb making 6s and 6l far more common than they were in patch 2.0

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
This will likely be the most people playing poe at any time by a wide wide margin. Even game updates without a massive playerbase at the time can go wrong, like the mtx rollout/rollback/rollout/rollback/rollout/chrisfuckedup/final rollout. I am not expecting things to hit the fan, but I won't be too surprised if they do.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

funmanguy fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Aug 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

queeb posted:

gently caress you funman