Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Seams posted:

Is this the same Sacrifice that was the source of the Steinermath promo?

It was. Then Angle got hurt before the show and Kaz replaced him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Is that the one where Kurt says on the hype video "I am in the best shape of my life" then it opens with Kurt listing his current injuries.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

DJExile posted:

It was. Then Angle got hurt before the show and Kaz replaced him.

Though, being TNA, they didn't mention this at all before the show and then the first segment of the PPV was Kurt coming out to say "I'm injured so I can't wrestle tonight".

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Is that the one where Kurt says on the hype video "I am in the best shape of my life" then it opens with Kurt listing his current injuries.

At that stage in his career those two things were not incompatible. Kurt was truly hosed up by the time he got to TNA.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah Kurt came to TNA with a neck held together by duct tape, chewing gum, and dreams. It's still amazing he didn't paralyze himself in the ring.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Basic Chunnel posted:

I remember his match with Nakamura in Japan and thinking it couldn’t be the same guy. He almost aged in reverse - that period of extreme painkiller and soma abuse had the weird effect of making him less puffy. His head got smaller and his face got leaner somehow and there is absolutely no life in his eyes.

Haha yeah right he couldnt po.....

:stare:

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

He almost looks like Nick Gage there.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
angle's looked like a completely different person at least three times in his career and its really weird

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNXwAF2AOpI

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RIP

quote:

John "Big" Gaburick is back working for World Wrestling Entertainment, several sources have confirmed to PWInsider.com. Gaburick is currently in Saudi Arabia working on pre-production aspects of the Greatest Royal Rumble event set for 4/27 in Jeddah.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

RZApublican posted:

With the exception of Scott Steiner being in a match in 2018 yeah that card does look pretty good

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I stopped following wrestling a while back but did catch Mania. I had no idea Angle was gonna wrestle and was horrified at the prospect. Then he pulled off a safe and pretty decent match so good for that insane bastard.
Similar with Bryan.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

"Ring of Honor went out [WrestleMania weekend] and sold 5,000 tickets, and good for them. But we’re not at that stage. We’re at a stage where we need to get out and connect with every individual fan." - a pretty nice piece leading up to the PPV imo.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This actually gives me hope.

Which makes me an idiot I guess, but the last group couldn’t even say the right things.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Hiring Alberto was a bad place to start tbh

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
If it hasn't been posted yet, Winter (fka Katie Lea Burchill) is on her way back to TNA. She's being advertised for the next set of tapings.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

This actually gives me hope.

Which makes me an idiot I guess, but the last group couldn’t even say the right things.

D'amore was always the best booker they ever had. He at least knew how to book big show cards that would deliver in-ring, even if the TV leading up was basic and bland.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

If it hasn't been posted yet, Winter (fka Katie Lea Burchill) is on her way back to TNA. She's being advertised for the next set of tapings.

Hell yeah, the return of one of my favorite entrance themes :woop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pES3Vmou5E

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Hopefully she doesn't have another date rape storyline.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Grado returns to IMPACT this set of tapings too. There were some Visa issues and then he was filming a sitcom and doing panto.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
They loving love Owls:

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/988146672285962240

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

rip sticker belt

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/988159332591300614

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Those actually look pretty good

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah they aren’t bad belts frankly it’s just a bummer they’ll never be attached to good wrestling

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

Yeah they aren’t bad belts frankly it’s just a bummer they’ll never be attached to good wrestling

Impact's quality as a promotion has never been in any way related to it's quality of wrestling. (The wrestling has been very good and very bad at different points, but a lot of the time it's inconsequential to whether the booking/promotion is any good)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3855037

closing thread until PPV is over

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
congratulation to new champions Scott Steiner and Pentagon Jr.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Impact is ... good now?

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA is good now

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Benne posted:

Impact is ... good now?

we are now in the LU Season 4 thread so please do not post spoilers

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Pentagon just wanted more arms to break, and with a title around his waist he's gonna have a steady delivery of victims.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Scott Steiner: "That's why I'm world famous bitch"

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Oh god, that's right. We had a top rope Scott Steiner Frankensteiner in 2018.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Scott Steiner media conference call from a few days ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duQdjlbZWXs

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

PPV was good, Tessa showing up was cool, Eddie is single now and Pentagon as World Champ is fuckin' dope. I will follow Impact Wrestling again on a probationary basis.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

EugeneJ posted:

Scott Steiner media conference call from a few days ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duQdjlbZWXs

Not even three minutes in and Steiner's got this crazy uncle thing dialed in.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Why does he look like he's three feet tall in this picture?