Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone played Fortnite? Is it any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

That's great.

I knew it was bad when I couldn't tell what the gameplay was from the official site. If you have 5 different ways for me to buy the game, but you don't tell me what the game is, that's pretty bad.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Hellblade is great so far.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Any time there's a puzzle in a game and enough time has passed that your character or some other NPC starts giving you advice that you know the designers put in there to help the slow folks along, I feel like I failed

The worst is when the nudges don't help at all because of some basic misunderstanding. Like I'm trying to figure out where to go and the character is just like "we better get moving" no poo poo, where!!!?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

Okay I'm lost in Hellblade and while it's cool that the whole game world is connected I straight up do not know where the gently caress I'm supposed to be going

Where are you at?

You're probably overthinking it.

Just finished it. It's amazing. I made some big posts in the ps4 thread about it.

The combat stays good the whole time. My final battle was marred by a graphical glitch in which she never drew her sword, so I was trying to fight and and parry with an invisible blade. It's the only time that something like that happened in the whole game.

The combat system is much more like Arkham than Souls. There is an stamina system, but since there's no hud, it's not something younhave to watch and manage a bar for. You can tell by looking at her whether she's tired or not. Managing positioning ajd understanding stamina breaks, and what charges your focus are thr important things in combat. You can charge your focus very quickly just by dodging.

I think it's also possible to get hosed by the auto difficulty, because it jacks the difficulty up to hard because you got the hang of combat during the mid game, and then the final battle is the hardest in the game and you start out at the hardest difficulty. At least that's what it felt like happened to me.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Okay, so for a more comprehensive review of HELLBLADE: Senua's Sacrifice, here goes:

(explicit spoilers will be tagged, stuff that's part of the premise that you find out in the first few minutes of gameplay will be mentioned freely. If you are already sold on the game and want to go in completely blind, just skip this)

What the gently caress is HELLBLADE: Senua's Sacrifice? Well it's the story of Senua, a deeply disturbed young woman, her quest, and the traumatic past that set her on it. Is it an action game? Sure. In terms of gameplay, it's pretty evenly split between puzzles and combat. The game is heavily character and story driven, and as such, it's also got an equal measure of cutscenes/narration while exploring/walking. So 1/3 explicit narrative, 1/3 puzzles, 1/3 combat. There is addional heavy overlap between exposition and puzzles, because of The Voices.

I tried playing this game with surround sound at first, and while it was nice, headphones are much better. The sound design of the game was made specifically with a headphone experience in mind, so I definitely recommend that everyone plays with headphones if they can. As soon as the game starts, it becomes apparent that Senua hears voices. And so so do we. But also, Senua will sometimes directly address us, because we are one of the voices. Senua also talks to a severed head that she is carrying in a bag. Sometimes she can see the head breathing in the bag. All of this happens in the first 5 minutes of the game, before we even take the controls.

Senua has undertaken a quest to enter Helheim, the Norse realm of the dead. The game is about why she's taking this journey and how a literal journey into hell manifests as her confrontation with her own personal demons.

This game is designed to be completely hudless. There are no health bars, ammo counters or anything of the sort. The game communicates with the player through combination of visual and audio effects. Sometimes the combination of these effects can be very extreme, overwhelming to near the point of sensory overload. The sound design and use of sounds themselves is superb. Twice, I had to take my headphones off because I was sure there was a thunderstorm happening in real life, when it was only the game.

The visuals are almost equally as fantastic. There is a reason that I say almost. Senua herself is the most photo-realistic video game character I have ever seen, period. Almost all of the visual effects, lens effects, filters, etc are great. They do what they should and they create a unique and amazing experience I haven't really seen in a video game before. I will be linking a video later. But general graphical fidelity is... inconsistant. You can tell they were on a budget. Senua, enemies, the main path that walk on, these things all look great. Looking at details a little off the beaten path you see some drop off in quality. Nothing really ugly, but you can see that the geometry is simpler, the textures are not as varied, etc. This is hardly a mark against the game, but I think it's important to mention in the interest of honesty, considering "amazing visuals" is a something I really harp on. So those are the normal things. Edit: Oh, there's also a part near the end where Senua's hair super conspicuously clips through the floor and it's really distracting. Feels like the result of rushed work.

There is an interesting artistic choice which is probably also a budgetary limitation. It's that most of the other characters that Senua has memories/flashbacks of aren't CGI. They are filmed actors who are composited into the scene with Senua. This looks about as loving weird as you would expect. It's honestly pretty jarring. There are two reasons that it kind of works: firstly, they are all hallucinations or memories, so being literally super-imposed into a scene kind of works, and second, and more importantly: This game has more in common with an experimental art film than a AAA video game.

This game is like if you threw Frailty and Black Swan in a blender with Conan the Barbarian.

There 4-5 puzzle mechanics in the game. They are introduced progressively and found in combination to keep things fresh. Most of them revolve around seeing things from a certain perspective, or radically changing the environment. There's no block pushing or lever pulling here. The puzzles are all supernatural/spiritual/psychological in nature. I don't think they ever feel too repetitive. The game is, over all, just about the right length. I don't feel like it wears out its welcome or drags on too much.

The most repetitive aspect the game is certainly the combat. While each boss is a unique and interesting fight, the "regular enemies" can certainly feel repetitive. I left the game's default difficulty setting of "auto" on, and I think this was ultimately a mistake. I think, but I'm not sure, that it was responsible for the drastic swing in how many hits it seemed to take to finish off enemies. Sometimes the seemed to soak up a dozen hits, and other times I would tear through them like tissue paper.

The combat itself is not super technical, but if you just try to spam would way through it mindlessly, that's when you're sure to find it tiresome. The system is a bit deeper than it looks, and there are combos that I never quite figured out how to do on command. While it's convenient in terms of flow, the game's strict delineation between combat and exploration means that you cannot practice your combos outside of combat: Senua controls whether or not her sword is drawn. I quite liked the combat, but if you aren't using your whole toolset, you can end up in positions that feel really unfair. I think this is by design, and the voices constantly warn against getting into these situations.

I played this game in one sitting, and it took me between 7 and 8 hours. I don't know if it's possible to skip any cutscenes or anything like that. I think without skipping cutscenes (if they are even skippable) it's probably possible to beat the game in 6 hours if you can solve all the puzzles pretty much immediately and you don't wander around figuring them out for a long time. Most of the puzzles are pretty straightforward in the sense that you will probably immediately have an idea of what you need to do, you just have to work out the actual path to do it.

There was one major graphical glitch that I encountered during a long battle sequence where Senua's sword never left her scabbard and she was fighting with an invisible sword. Everything played as though her sword was drawn, the model was simply still in her scabbard and not in her hand. it was quite difficult to play this way, and I'm hoping that it was a one in a million freak accident, and not something that is likely to happen again.

All in all, I really liked this game. I hate to use the term, but it was a unique multimedia experience. It told an emotional, character-driven story in a way no other game I've played ever has. Some games have toyed with the idea, had dream sequences etc, but this games full commitment to its concept, from beginning to end, really forges a personal connection between the player and Senua. You know, if you're open too it. People who were significantly moved by Nier: Automata better bring a pallet of tissues.

Also, there's at least one section in the game that is scary as gently caress, so if you don't like horror games, be warned.

With a price point of $30, it may help to think of this game as being a cross between a game and a bluray of a 8 hour miniseries. I understand the logic of "if I'm going to pay full price for a video game, I want to get 30 hours out of it" or whatever. But this game wouldn't be good to play 30 hours of. Because it does exactly what it needs to in 8 hours. So I think it's super cool that they made a good game, looked at it and said "you know what, 30 bucks is fair". Because it is. This game is worth your money.

Snak fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Aug 9, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
If you're on the fence about Hellblade, and you think that the combat looks visually uninteresting, here is a taste of how insane it gets in the mid game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDiySQXF9GM

Obviously, if you want to have your mind blown for yourself, just buy the game and don't watch that video.

Also please ignore how much I clearly suck at the combat.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Re: Hellblade combat: the run button acts as a modifier. Light, heavy, and unarmed attacks while running or from standstill while hitting the run button are different than normal. So there are actually 6 attacks in the game. There are also combos that perform different unique moves if perfomed in the correct order, but I never actually figured any of them out consistently.

There is a red hexagon effect that indicates a stamina/guard break. You can see it both when your stamina is broken and when you break the guard of an enemy. An enemy whose guard has been broken won't be able to block for a few seconds, so that's the cue to go all in and finish them before they get their guard back up.

Midway through the game, another feature is added to combat that adds two more moves.

Again, this isn't a technical action game, but there are a lot of tools in the combat that cam really speed up your kills. If you are finding combat to be repetitive and boring early on, start trying some new things. Each enemy has an optimal way to fight them, and a way that won't work very well and takes forever. Managing positioning and groups of enemies is probably the most crucial thing about combat. Getting completely surrounded is a death sentence.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

I'd probably spend a couple extra hours on a boss rush or endless mode for Hellblade although that would be completely antithetical to the design of the game.

I'm actually really curious how fast I can run through the game knowing exactly what I need to do and where I need to go. There's one puzzle in particular that might be partially skippable, but I don't know. But even just the nature of the puzzles, means they could be quite quick.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

It's actually pathetically easy to survive even when surrounded because dodging is all-powerful

Snak you're bad at videogames

If you're boxed in, you literally can't move, and you will eventually run out of stamina from dodging.

But yes, I am bad at video games.

Edit: Like I died literally once in the game, and it's was when I was surrounded by six enemies whose hitboxes literally prevented me from moving and they were staggering their attacks so if I dodged one, I got hit by the next one as I was coming out of the dodge. I kept trying to reposition but I couldn't because I was physically boxed in. Given that I couldn't get out of it, I'm assuming that the auto difficulty had gone up to hard due to my performance on the previous fights.

Snak fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Aug 9, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

MysticalMachineGun posted:

As soon as someone mentioned the scream the movie song started playing in my head

yup.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I should mention that I played Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice in a PSPoor and it was still gorgeous and I didn't notice any performance issues.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Propaganda Hour posted:

Hellblade. Headphones, yea or nay? Seems to be strongly recommended, but I'm seeing some mixed steam reviews on them.

Non-edit: why do I bother to read steam reviews?

Definitely headphones. I have a pretty sweet surround sound setup, and I put my chair in the middle of the room and cranked it. And it sounded good, but the effect wasn't nearly as good as plugging my lovely $30 skull candy headphones into the controller.

If anyone cares, I just made a big effort post about the combat system in the Hellblade thread. It comprehensively lists everything I know about the combat moves, and several combos that I have discovered.

I guess I should expand it to cover the stamina and recovery system...

Snak fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Aug 10, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I've seen a decent number of games do it recently, but it's not something that I really remember or care about, because I use normal controls like a normal person. Also I just rebind my brain to whatever controls a game needs, and have a serious problem telling whether controls are even inverted during gameplay and often have to stop to do a conscious test.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Non fullscreened gaming is gross.

Unless you mean you want to switch it to a borderless window the size of your monitor, rather than having the application running in "full screen" mode...

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

StrixNebulosa posted:

I only have one monitor and need to chat with my friends, okay. Windowed mode or it's literally unplayable for me.

...steam overlay?

chat on your phone?

But still, if there's one thing that I don't need to improve my gaming experience, it's my row of 30 tabs open in chrome, a LaTex editor, a two powershell instances, my steam library, task manager, discord, etc all peaking around the edges of my game. Please block all that out so i can focus on the game.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

StrixNebulosa posted:

I chat with my friends via discord and skype, and my phone's keyboard isn't as good to use as my laptop's is. :shobon:

fair enough.

But still. pause and alt tab when you chear the chat sound.

it honestly depends on the game whether fullscreen matters a lot.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

Why do you have so many tabs open

It depends. I have one window for random fun poo poo, and this one is likely to spawn tabs as I open links, but because it's random fun poo poo, it's also easy to pair back down to its base 4/5 tabs, which are SA, Reddit, chat, email, youtube.

Then if I'm doing work, I have a window that's basically for documentation and stack overflow. This one can get huge, but if I'm trying to track down some specific problem, and it's taking awhile, I'm pretty much going to keep every relevant tab of documentation and post that's relevant until I've solved the problem. Then I'll whipe out all those problem specific tabs and go back down to base of the project I'm working on.

If I'm doing work in browser, that will be a 3rd window with only that one tab, to make it easy to go back and forth between the work environment and the documentation.

I've gotten super good at managing my tabs using multiple windows and closing them when I'm done with them, compared to how I used to be. My parents are the worst, they use tabs instead of bookmarks and have like 60 open all the time. For days on end. It's horrible.

But honestly, since I switched the my 2 window system, I rarely have more than 20 tabs per window.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

ah grandpa getting mad in here. pop pop angry haha

The fact that you call opening tabs "pop pop" tells me that you're not ready.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

My only game spreadsheet was tracking how many times I died in Nioh

Quest 01: 08 h 37 m 123 deaths
Quest 02: 12 h 09 m 170 deaths
Quest 03: 16 h 09 m 223 deaths
T. Shige: 21 h 10 m 459 deaths
Quest 04: 22 h 37 m 471 deaths
Quest 05: 27 h 02 m 570 deaths
Quest 06: 32 h 50 m 640 deaths
Quest 07: 35 h 08 m 656 deaths
Ii Naoma: 35 h 28 m 667 deaths
Quest 08: 36 h 13 m 673 deaths
Quest 09: 40 h 10 m 732 deaths
Quest 10: 43 h 15 m 783 deaths
Quest 11: 45 h 02 m 793 deaths
T. Honda: 45 h 09 m 793 deaths
Quest 12: 48 h 35 m 830 deaths
Quest 13: 51 h 01 m 845 deaths
Quest 14: 55 h 30 m 899 deaths
Quest 15: 58 h 11 m 930 deaths
Quest 16: 61 h 58 m 958 deaths

wait that's gotta be cumulative, right? Like didn't die 899 times in quest 14 and then 930 times in quest 15...

But if I'm reading this right, you showed great improvement! Spending 8 hours and dying 123 times on the first mission is pretty rough, but by the end, you're only spending a few hours and a couple dozen deaths.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Norns posted:

Hot take

No, that's probably true.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Mak0rz posted:

yeah i mean they technically didn't make New Vegas and the new Doom/Wolfenstein games

fallout 3 was okay i guess

Yeah, I was only counting games developed by them. And there aren't many. Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Pirates of the Caribbean cashgrabs, Wayne Gretsky Hockey, and IHRA Profession Drag Racing. That's basically it. A bunch of MS-DOS Terminator games.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I feel a good concept for a home alone game would be like those old games... Stair Dismount and Truck Dismount. Where you tried to cause maximum damage to a crash test dummy through physics. Those were great. I wonder if they are still around?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

rekkasturvat and porrasturvat, the developers who made them threw out a steam game a few years back, have no idea how it turned out: http://store.steampowered.com/app/263760/Turbo_Dismount/

Yeah, I thought they had non-english original titles. Good poo poo.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
It seems that some people have encountered serious glitches in Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, but it's really hard to tell how many, cause it seems like more than half of the ones posted on reddit aren't actually glitches and are just people who are bad at the game.

The real warning that seems to be legit is that it plays very badly with AMD cards. Overall it seems like PS4 is the platform to get it on.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

I never had a problem with Hellblade on PC @1440p with a 980ti. Pretty consistent 45-55fps everywhere with only some minor hitching and slowdown in areas with lots of fire particle effects. It's an amazing looking game with everything cranked up. It's nice that the PSPro edition offers a 60fps performance mode option along with 4k though.

I'm not sure how far you are (I guess you finished it?), but what I'm hearing is that in the late game, some AMD cards underclock severely because of some error and FPS drops to like 15. Again, I played it on PSPoor and had no problems, so I'm just relaying this so that people can make informed decisions. If you have an AMD card, google this problem before deciding to buy the game.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The best use of video games in network television was on the NBC show Life, where an Iranian drug dealer hid his secret drug money spreadsheet on his PSP and to access it you had to enter a secret room in the sixth level of Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones, and the cops had to get the kid sister to play through the game and unlock the secret because the geeky cop wasn't good enough to get to it

The best part about that was like, the episode was written a grandparent's understanding of how video games work. You don't beat Prince of Persia by progressing to level 10. So in the show, they used video footage of Prince of Persia and just overlayed text over the screen saying like "LEVEL 6" so the character's could be like "okay, only four to go!".

I'll see if I can find a video...

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZboyfaVLM4

That's longer than just scene, but it also includes a scene where a character has "the high score in every mmo".

edit: best youtube comment:

Butt Lord posted:

Can you imagine a show about football that was like this, or any other mainstream sport/activity?

"OH SICK DUDE YOU JUST SCORED A FIELD DOWN UNIT"

"YEAH BUT THE OTHER TEAMS PUSHING UP THE SIDE LINES TO TRY AND GET ONE OF MY GOALS"

"THAT'S OK YOU CAN JUST CATCH THEM OFF SIDES WITH A SNAP SAFETY"

"YEAH BUT WHAT IF THEY TRY TO PENALTY MY QUARTERBACK DEFENSE"

"poo poo I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT"

Snak fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 10, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

Needing to beat a game you don't like is mental illness

I DON'T SEE IT IN THE DSM! :argh:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I've drank probably a hundred gallons of vodka in my life. I don't really recommend it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Actually working at McDonald's, mostly.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Both are equally valid, as long as the reviewer is honest about their experience. A review that says "I played this for 2 hours an didn't like it and here's why" is totally of value to someone who isn't interested in that experience. Is it an objective review of the complete package? No, of course not. But not every cares if a game gets good 14 hours in or whatever.

Snak fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Aug 10, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

unless I'm seeing a band in a tiny bar alcohol is just really boring to me now. my wife and i don't like, sit around and drink. it's just not a great buzz compared to weed or whatever

I'm just generally unhappy with reality, and alcohol is like a magnifier for other forms of escapism.

And now I'm in a situation where I have to face the reality I probably spent too much time drinking and loving around my whole life to have any marketable life skills are be able to stop being a bum. But really, really shouldn't drink any more, so I flip back over to the sober addictions.

I've lost track of how many jobs I've applied for (not actually, I have a whole folder with notes and copies of the version of my resume I applied to each one with etc), but I don't even care any more.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I used a speed-reading program to read a book at 500 words per minute once. it worked surprisingly well. Took me about 3 hours to finish the book, Clockwork Orange style. Then I got an A on the paper about it and I still remember tons of specific details from it. I feel like I probably have 90% of the recall of it I would have if I read it normally.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
One of my 3-4 readings of Neuromancer, I used that same speed-reading program, just for fun, because I thought it was the most cyber-punk way to read it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I would like to move to a part of the country where I could smoke a little weed without the slight risk of ruining my entire life.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

homeless snail posted:

I feel like playing defcon all of a sudden, tho

The ambient soundtrack of DEFCON is amazing.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
People will just pirate weed, like hbo or whatever.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Is it any good?

Hellblade is great if you want an 8-hour interactive movie with some combat and puzzle interludes. Like, it's a really good story with a unique level of immersion. It's visually gorgeous. Never played anything like it. On my second playthrough now.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
There's a subreddit called "cringe anarchy", and when posts from it make on the front page, I can almost never tell which part I'm supposed to cringe at, because all of it, including the fact that someone posted it to that sub, is pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Raserys posted:

It's moreso my annoyance with the culture that surrounds it than the word itself, like it's a very mean spirited thing, more than the actual meaning of the word itself which implies a sympathetic reaction

Also I don't think I'm as old as you think I am

Oh, I agree with this. A huge part of modern comedy culture is just judgement as comedy. And sure, this type of thing has always been around, but now, with the internet, every has the ability, and feels qualified to, take pictures or screens of other people to mock them.

• Locked thread