Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've played about 2 hours of Pyre and it's real fuckin' good so far, like real real fuckin' good

I named the hippie girl Bae

The amount of strategy involved in Fantasy Basketball so far seems to boil down to "get the rabbit the ball and just run and jump in" but it's still very fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I stayed up all night playing Pyre for like 7 hours. Game is insanely good and cool and the music is loving phenom.

And the free PS+ game today is Just Cause 3. :sweatdrop:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
PYRE is definitely my GOTY right now and that says a whole lot considering what we've already had this year

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

In Training posted:

Everybody with an old franchise should just be contracting out the theatrhythm team constantly. Like how everybody has dynasty warriors crossovers on the backburner every 6 months

gently caress yeah Theaterhythm is so fuckin' good hrrrnnnggggggg

e: we saw ATOMIC BLONDE last night and it is also so fuckin' good, the soundtrack made mid-80s New Wave Precision very happy

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cowcaster posted:

jerking off bulls at night, cumlord's delight

semen at dawn, demons begone

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

glam rock hamhock posted:

Holy poo poo, after 110 hours I FINALLY beat Persona 5. I really really liked it and honestly am still sorry to see it end but I can FINALLY move on to something else.

What should I play next: Horizon, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Pyre, Breathe of the Wild or one of the many other options I have? I'm leaning towards Horizon because right now where I'm staying pretty much has a small movie screen and Horizon seems like it's been awe inspiring on that.

Pyre is really, really fantastic and probably just what the Dr. ordered after P5. I think it's pretty short, I've been playing it for the past 2 days and I think I'm very near the end.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

Rise of the Tomb Raider is pretty much an improvement on TR2013 in every way except the story

The controls are worse than TR2013, somehow. I don't know if they switched engines or were just super incompetent but Rise feels way more "floaty". And that was before I even played Horizon so I don't think I had just been spoiled.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
beat PYRE, definitely in my top 3 for the year so far (the other two shoe-ins are Yakuza 0 and Nier:A). Rounding out the top 5, add RE7 and Horizon in there. I'm still only 70 hours into Persona 5 so I'm reserving judgement (I'm in a Palace that is SUPER loving ANNOYING and keep not wanting to play it)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
no man's sky is livestreaming a hamster :3:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Help Im Alive posted:

Has No Man's Sky looped around to being good

I don't think anyone has completely changed their mind on it, but the updates have basically made the initial release look like the Early Access it was.

If you liked it at launch even a little bit, you'll love it now. If you hated it at launch, you'll prolly still hate it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
are there any plans to port Subnautica to PS4? it's optimized really bad so it's too frustrating to play on our 4 year old laptop

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CJacobs posted:

tbh I'm watching it just to see Mr. N get his exercise. Little guy is feeling feisty atm.

Just now noticed your new avatar :discourse:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Moon Monster posted:

Well I think it actually sold really well so I can't even say $60 was a bad move from a sales perspective.

it might have taken off and sold a lot over a long period at $20 esp. with all the patches, but they got an insane initial sales spike that has been estimated as enough to keep Hello Games in the black for at least 3 years, and that isn't counting any new interesting the updates have generated (it's gotten sales spikes every time), which will hopefully be enough time for them to make their next game (that they've already started, and said will be something completely different), which will hopefully not suck

if they had any choice in the price (i don't think they did, i believe SM when he says Sony mandated it) you can still make a case either way from a financial perspective. both would have been a gamble. from a PR standpoint, the game should have been $30 from jump street.

precision fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 6, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Dragon quest builders was soooooo good, and I hate minecraft

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
help, i'm trapped in Nonnok's Nostalgia Niche

i've been playing pillars of eternity again all day and listening to system mastery :negative:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

al-azad posted:

I learned today on Binging with Babish that some people put ketchup on cheese steaks and now I want to watch the world burn.

:barf:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
holy poo poo there are 68 episodes of Adventure Zone

that's more than enough for getting back into diablo 3 heck yeah

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

inferis posted:

if you like griffin, cool games inc is a pretty good podcast and they just wrapped up the first season

thanks for this, it's actually a bit better than Adventure Zone (i've never been into paper D&D)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

LawfulWaffle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb-RH2b8ac4

e: Not ringing my bell, but maybe it'll be a hit.

Dark Souls of War

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
DmC was hilarious and far from a bad game

sorry your bishonen prettyboy franchise got improved by some dumb gaijin

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CJacobs posted:

Casual reminder that DmC opens with this

yeah, it's great

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Colonel posted:

doing the exact same bullshit for like ten minutes with no variety

but goons love dark souls

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i just had a guy i've known for 10 years block me on facebook for replying to his girlfriend saying "Why are ren faires full of weird Trekkies and BDSM weirdos" with "correction: overweight polyamorous sociopaths"

apparently it's OK to shame Trek people (I don't disagree) and BDSM people but simply saying the word "overweight" is "body shaming" and YOU'RE BLOCKED rear end in a top hat

sorry guys i know yall don't care but man i am so depressed about technology right now

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CJacobs posted:

I have finally found it, the perfect anti-CJacobs video. The CJacronomicon.

you, jim sterling, and hbomberguy are like literally the only youtubers i watch

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Samuringa posted:

I can't wrap my head around how the devs of the game that's legendary for being overhyped decided to build more even more hype over it. What could they possibly announce that would justify this massive blueballing?

with this update you will be physically transported into your PS4

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Help Im Alive posted:

Has there ever been a good ARG

Majestic was amazing when it left you ominous voicemails that made my ex freak out about people coming to kill us

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
apparently alan turing wrote a million dollar check

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Captain Invictus posted:

Are they really going to give a million dollars to someone, or what

it was made out to "cash" and signed by "A. Turing", i think the implication is that no man's sky has become an extension of experiments with AI and now the computer is alive and wrote a check?

i dunt know

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jay Rust posted:

Sexy Brutale chat in this thread reminded me that I own it. I sunk about two hours so far, and it's really good. The presentation is stellar (the music especially) and the basic mechanics are real strong and well-considered.

BUT... So far I've solved a couple of the puzzles by accident, just by doing things randomly and then being shown a cutscene to tell me that I solved the puzzle.

That soured me on the game and I haven't gone back to it yet, despite it being full of charm.

e

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Holy poo poo, the phase 3 wrap up of the nms arg was kind of touching

It was, but it also made the connection between the ARG and the game seem even more tenuous. Is Emily gonna be in the game now? Is she the new voice of your helmet?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

homeless snail posted:

Haha did the 4 month long No Man's Sky ARG just end with a screenshot of something that's already in the game, lmao

no it ended by revealing that "Emily" is an AI and that she loves us and will "see [us] soon"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

A. Beaverhausen posted:

The arg still has two days I think. We haven't been told the Atlas Passes have been shipped either.

I think the implication is that the update comes out this week, since 2 days from now is when Steam updates (I would definitely laugh if PS4 gets it a day early)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

A. Beaverhausen posted:

^gently caress

And it's also the anniversary of NMS's release, which any good money was put on the update coming out then.

Oh drat for some reason I thought I'd remembered it came out on August 28th last year

Yeah if the update isn't on the anniversary then... well, I won't be that mad, but the other 9 people will be.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

A. Beaverhausen posted:

The controversy is they turned a giant horrifying creature from hell in to a sexy not-spider looking lady (but still a spider)

It's a decision that baffles me on every level. Everyone remembers the spider. If they needed to put a sexy lady in, just make that a different character, leave in one of the few things your average person will ever remember from LotR because of the movies

but also it's 2017, why does there need to be a sexy lady

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Remember lonelygirl15

Awhile ago I looked that up and it turns out it went on way longer than I thought, and also got really weird/stupid apparently.

glam rock hamhock posted:

Dark Souls had two sexy spider ladies, so the lotr game can have one if it wants

Yeah but she just straight up turns from a spider into a sexy lady. She retains no spidery features in Sexy Lady Form, which is why it's kinda dumb.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

al-azad posted:

shelob ain't got poo poo on lolth

with how stupid powerful you get in baldur's gate 2, i'm surprised you never fought lolth

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Help Im Alive posted:

What do people do when everything is terrible

xanax and weed

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
to say that transformers devastation has bad level design is to imply a level of effort that i do not feel comfortable assigning

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
FMK: Nathan Drake, Mario Mario, Master Chief

E: not intentional but that's my order

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Hellblsde is really good so far, but is definitely more wander around than combat, so far

Also it has a photo mode but it's disabled in the first big open area because you're still in tutorial which sucks because it is horizon style gorgeous up in here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Gettin' serious Uncharted, Horizon, Dark Souls, and Life is Strange vibes from Hellblade. That's a hell of an accomplishment for just the first hour of game

• Locked thread