Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

This season on The Apprentice: Celebrity Whitehouse Edition!

It's august now, new thread!!

NFL Commissioner says he wants to die on the football field:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/31/sports/football/roger-goodell-jamal-adams-ny-jets.html

Voted off the island before he even started!
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/01/us/politics/scaramucci-kelly-reactions.html

Tune in this season for who knows what!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
We're all going to die

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me
Everybody's gotta die sometime, red.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

weak

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I know this has been used as an excuse before but

https://twitter.com/ericgeller/status/892135285542277120

Kush: nah we couldn't have colluded because we suck

https://twitter.com/bigcatderek/status/892114340194680832

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Aug 1, 2017

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Someone grab that oompa loompa horse and drag it behind a shed for its beating to death.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Oompa loompa doopity dun

Holy gently caress that's some notifications

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

TBeats posted:

I know this has been used as an excuse before but

This story is also a chunk of my favorite genre.

https://twitter.com/charliespiering/status/892387226671337472

Please don't leak or record this talk it would be a breach of GODDAMNIT

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I ditched Facebook a several weeks ago and posted in the last thread how the Gainesville, FL police department (the town I went to high school in) tweeted out how they don't condone what Trump said about police brutatlity. Someone showed me a longer statement that they released via Facebook and it owns:

quote:

"Earlier today, the President made remarks that seemed to endorse and condone police brutality.

The President of the United States has no business endorsing or condoning cops being rough with arrestees and suggesting that we should slam their heads onto the car while putting them in.

The men and women of GPD absolutely reject those remarks and will continue to serve and protect this great community with respect.

The President's remarks today have set modern policing back and erased a lot of the strides we have made to build trust in our community, but we hope that each of you will recognize the work we have done to earn your trust.

It's certainly possible to enforce laws and arrest very bad folks and do it with respect. The men and women of GPD prove this on a daily basis.

YOUR Gainesville Police Department will continue to treat everyone with respect, no matter the circumstances.

It is truly an honor to serve this community."

:perfect:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm not entirely sure i'm comfortable with two retired generals effectively taking over the country, but i'm much more comfortable with the situation in washington with mattis and kelly both willing to kick everyone out of the room to yell at Trump and tell him to shut the gently caress up.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Two retired generals in positions of power huh

I think we should give them new titles. Maybe names that refer to how they council the president.

Consul has a nice ring to it? It'd fit, considering the hard-on the founding fathers had for the Roman Republic.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

TBeats posted:

I ditched Facebook a several weeks ago and posted in the last thread how the Gainesville, FL police department (the town I went to high school in) tweeted out how they don't condone what Trump said about police brutatlity. Someone showed me a longer statement that they released via Facebook and it owns:

:perfect:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

MA-Horus posted:

Two retired generals in positions of power huh

I think we should give them new titles. Maybe names that refer to how they council the president.

Consul has a nice ring to it? It'd fit, considering the hard-on the founding fathers had for the Roman Republic.

Trump would call them general council and confuse everyone further.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/RealTrillBill/status/892194761259593730

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
So does Mattis get to be Imperator Mattis now?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Arpaio's mom could've saved us all a lot of trouble.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/themikenorton/status/892015296344674308

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

facialimpediment posted:

This story is also a chunk of my favorite genre.

https://twitter.com/charliespiering/status/892387226671337472

Please don't leak or record this talk it would be a breach of GODDAMNIT

Aren't interns usually college age kids?
I'm beginning to think the kids are all right.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Hey, Kush, how's that centuries old conflict going on?

https://twitter.com/joshnathankazis/status/892397002272759808

And that's on the heels of stuff like this (thread has more info)
https://twitter.com/ejmalrai/status/892419103440474112

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 1, 2017

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Little Jared was apparently a pretty rotten student so I doubt he's read enough books.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Should we do an Iraq playing cards version for the Trump administration? Donnie, Diaper Don, and Eric would fit into the Saddam, Uday, and Qusay cards.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

Should we do an Iraq playing cards version for the Trump administration? Donnie, Diaper Don, and Eric would fit into the Saddam, Uday, and Qusay cards.

At the rate they're burning through people you might need to do a blackjack shoe worth of cards.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
No point in listening to any politics podcasts. They're all out of date when they go live. That's how fast poo poo is happening with this administration.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Casimir Radon posted:

Spades: Trump Family/Trump Organization
Hearts: Russians
Clubs: Alt-Right
Diamonds: GOP

Donnie himself, of course, would be the Joker.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Commandant of the Coast Guard to President Trump: go gently caress your transgender ban

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/08/01/commandant-i-will-not-break-faith-transgender-coast-guardsmen.html?variant=mobile.amp

Coasties are DHS, not DOD, so the Commandant feels empowered to give Donnie a high hard one.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

facialimpediment posted:

Commandant of the Coast Guard to President Trump: go gently caress your transgender ban

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/08/01/commandant-i-will-not-break-faith-transgender-coast-guardsmen.html?variant=mobile.amp

Coasties are DHS, not DOD, so the Commandant feels empowered to give Donnie a high hard one.

quote:

Commandant: 'I Will Not Break Faith' With Transgender Coast Guardsmen

Reported for heteronormative sexism :colbert:

Realtalk, why would it matter to him whether he's under DoD or DHS when he plans to poo poo on the president?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

facialimpediment posted:

I know why I have this raging boner.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Realtalk, why would it matter to him whether he's under DoD or DHS when he plans to poo poo on the president?

It doesn't since the Coast Guard IS part of the military. it would matter if The president ban applied ONLY to DoD departments.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Have a quote from Graham

"There is a military option to destroy North Korea's (missile) program and North Korea itself," Graham said on NBC's "Today" show. "If there's going to be a war to stop them, it will be over there. If thousands die, they're going to die over there, they're not going to die here and (President Donald Trump) told me that to my face."

He continued: "I'm saying (military options are) inevitable if North Korea continues."

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I guess those possible orders for Korea aren't so great after all.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I prefer "Scaramooch, Scaramooch, will you suck your own cock now?"

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The military/Joint Chiefs are currently doing nothing on the transgender ban until they hear back from official channels. That official channel is Defense Secretary Mattis.

Mattis has no control over the Coast Guard. The Coast Guard would get their guidance from the DHS Secretary, formerly John Kelly, now Chief of Staff.

Since the Coast Guard has a different chain of command than the DoD, the Coast Guard Commandant figured he could be cheeky and get away with it, since per his chain of command, Mattis can't choke out his eyeballs and use them for golf.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
goddamn camp casey sucked in 2012. i would loving HATE to be there now. like, shoot myself in the face twice hate it.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
There's calls to have Trumpf pardon Sheriff Joe.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

he'll do it

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Syrian Lannister posted:

There's calls to have Trumpf pardon Sheriff Joe.

Doesn't matter, unless those calls occur on Fox and Friends at approximately 0830, at which point it is nearly 100% likely

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I wonder if this white house is competent enough to inform russia and china we're sendigmn in the doorkickers and launching some missles and to nto take them as overt hostile acts and hit the big red one

lol

I am curious to see how china deals with NK collapse as there is not a loving chance in helll theyll take a US presence on their border

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Does a pardon clear your record of whatever you're being pardoned for or does it just keep you out of jail? Because Sheriff Joe likely won't do any time and if I understand it correctly, pardons don't erase convictions.

So a pardon would be symbolic if anything and wouldn't actually do anything to help Sheriff Joe, assuming he doesn't actually have to get locked up at all, right?

So absolutely Trump will do it because his core base would love it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

TBeats posted:

Does a pardon clear your record of whatever you're being pardoned for or does it just keep you out of jail? Because Sheriff Joe likely won't do any time and if I understand it correctly, pardons don't erase convictions.

So a pardon would be symbolic if anything and wouldn't actually do anything to help Sheriff Joe, assuming he doesn't actually have to get locked up at all, right?

So absolutely Trump will do it because his core base would love it.

I almost want it to happen, because it will show Trump that pardons are cool and good and make people like him, increasing his likelihood of pardoning himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

maffew buildings posted:

I prefer "Scaramooch, Scaramooch, will you suck your own cock now?"

Easy come, easy go, we have to let you go.

• Locked thread