Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

First up: The president has AGAIN donated his salary

You cannot make this poo poo up

Such a godly and selfless man. So obvious why the evangelicals are so obsessed with him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Donates salary with one hand, collects a few million in government agencies renting space in his properties with the other.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The president's salary is an incredibly magnanimous contribution, meanwhile transgender medical costs are bleeding us dry. Up is down, freedom is slavery, etc etc.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Duzzy Funlop posted:

First up: The president has AGAIN donated his salary

You cannot make this poo poo up

That salary donation poo poo is so God drat stupid it shouldn't even work on children. Whoop-te-loving doo he gave what a few thousand away buying some PR? That same poo poo head is using the secret service as a rate booster on his hotels while charging the secret service rent. It's so transparent but nope, Daddy Trump is good and perfect stop criticizing.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Down-low incest joke.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

I was listening to an expert on NPR talk about what would happen if we left and he said that basically the same thing that happened in the early 1990s: civil war would force the Afghan government out of the Pashtun areas and the Northern Alliance would be reformed out of the Turkmen, Hazara, Tajiks, Uzbeks, and a few loyalist Pashtun tribes. Basically we stepped in to keep Central Asian Yugoslavia held together with duct tape and when we leave the country will again fracture along ethnic lines.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
gently caress Marry Kill: Afghanistan Edition

gently caress: Uzebk
Marry: Tajik
Kill: Pashtun (duh)

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
The US will be in Iran soon anyways

https://twitter.com/RichardHaass/status/892582011461926913

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Jesse Ventura pulled stupid stunts like the salary donation thing when he was governor. Like refusing to live in the Governor's Mansion.

Vengarr posted:

Down-low incest joke.
He's ugly even when an artist idealizes him.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

banime

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Well this is fun.

Everyone sort of expected that the Customs and Border Patrol were stonewalling Congresspeople and lawyers when the initial Travel Ban came down.

The Daily Beast got their hands on the official order for agents to do so.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/border-patrol-ordered-to-block-congressmen-during-travel-ban?via=twitter_page

By the way, a golf magazine cited unnamed sources that Donnie called the White House a "dump" which is why he spends so much time at his golf courses. Donnie called the report Fake News, which means even golf magazines are part of the Fake News.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

Well this is fun.

Everyone sort of expected that the Customs and Border Patrol were stonewalling Congresspeople and lawyers when the initial Travel Ban came down.

The Daily Beast got their hands on the official order for agents to do so.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/border-patrol-ordered-to-block-congressmen-during-travel-ban?via=twitter_page
Until Republicans lose their seats or decide to do something it's basically de facto legal. If nobody stops it and there's no punishment it's gonna keep happening and just get worse. I've been reading some really terrible poo poo about ICE taking the wink-and-nod orders from Trump and Sessions and just going loving buck wild with really heinous poo poo "on the ground". Like, full on white ethno-nationalist agenda stuff.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

ICE/CBP detained a loving NYPD officer and Army Reserve Major coming into JFK during that debacle

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile...nation.amp.html

Edit: we have about 1,000 Muslim NYPD officers which is about 1/36th of the department. The actual number is probably higher, that's just a rough estimate based off of a google search. Matches up with my experience though.

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 3, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The NAACP issued a travel advisory for Missouri after the state legislature passed a law making it difficult to prove race discrimination. It turns out the sponsor of the bill is currently facing suit for racial discrimination.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

cowboy elvis posted:

God can you imagine how awful the Russian VA is?

In Russia VA is vodka allowance OK?

https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/892706233937010688

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Oh yeah we'd melt down because our national identity is tied to the military's success and extricating ourselves from the War on Terror means it was one giant pointless failure. We're too far down that rabbit hole to come out.

We haven't won a war in 70 years and by god we're not going to break that streak on my watch!

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Well define 'won'. If by won you mean achieve some muddy goals set forth by civilian leadership, then no. If by kill the everloving poo poo out of the opposing forces then by golly we've been punching teeth out for 200 straight years. Iraq and Afghanistan is like Mike Tyson wailing on a baby. Our K:D ratio in the much less successful Vietnam outing is anywhere from 8:1 to 20:1. That's probably the upper bound of killing efficiency until we start going mostly robot or genetically enhanced soldiers or loving ghosts in a shell.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

We kicked the poo poo out of the Serbs and for a drat good reason too.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

milk milk lemonade posted:

...or loving ghosts in a shell.

Picture the same two soldiers killing each other, forever

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Internet Wizard posted:

We haven't won a war in 70 years and by god we're not going to break that streak on my watch!

How could you possibly forget our stunning military success against the vile forces of Grenada?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/02/trump-russia-congress-missiles-putin-241269

oh.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

I'm all for Congress yanking Donnie's chain on Russia but holy tits does that ever sound like the wrong way to do it.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
A follow-up to Christie's Nachogate and the burn of the day.

https://twitter.com/wildstein/status/892885712063877120

David Wildstein pleaded guilty in Bridgegate.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

:lol:

Doesn't have the blue checkmark tho

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

i can't stop laughing at this

especially the woman looking confused as gently caress

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

In this new NBC article

- Donnie compares Afghanistan to a failing NYC restaurant and got the timeframe wrong (said it closed for a year, it was two months)

- Donnie wants to fire the 4-star in charge of Afghanistan because :confused:

- Donnie will not sign off on a new Afghanistan policy because he doesn't know what he wants

- Donnie complained that NATO troops are lovely (cited unnamed veterans)

- Donnie wants Afghanistan minerals and is annoyed that China bought mineral rights in Afghanistan a decade ago

- Mattis takes walks when deciding things and after a particular meeting with Donnie he took a REALLY long walk

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/892876015818727424

pro-click for anyone that didn't already read, also contains this masterpiece of saying absolutely nothing

quote:

"The president's national security team is developing a comprehensive, integrated strategy for South Asia that utilizes all aspects of our national power to address this complex region," said Michael Anton, spokesman for the National Security Council. "That strategy has been worked carefully in the interagency process and while no decision has been made the president's team continues to develop options for him that address threats and opportunities to America arising from this vital region."

:psyduck:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Prop Wash posted:

pro-click for anyone that didn't already read, also contains this masterpiece of saying absolutely nothing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBBAOdmQfUo

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Following his departure from the White House after less than 11 days as communications director, Scaramucci will be hosting an online event on Friday where he will address the American people directly.
Scaramucci said this daytime event — which will be broadcast on various live platforms with help from former Fox News co-president Bill Shine — will give him the opportunity to reach and communicate with the President's base.
Although his time as communications director was notably short, Scaramucci told CNN he only anticipated being in the position six to nine months. Scaramucci said he was brought into the White House as a "special purpose vehicle" to disrupt the culture of leaking and counterproductive infighting.
On Wednesday, CNN obtained an internal memo that detailed his other goals, which included things like trying to improve press relations and create more content from within the White House.
Scaramucci was fired from the Trump administration by new chief of staff John Kelly days after a New Yorker article detailed a conversation between Scaramucci and reporter Ryan Lizza. During the profanity-laced conversation, Scaramucci accused former Trump chief of staff Reince Priebus of being the source of West Wing leaks and said "I'm not Steve Bannon, I'm not trying to suck my own c--k," among other things.
Scaramucci said he believes his story is being misconstrued, however, and said had he known he was speaking on the record he would have not spoken in such a vulgar manner on behalf of the President.
However, Scaramucci told CNN he still considers his short tenure in the White House successful. Both former White House press secretary Sean Spicer and Priebus left during his time as communications director.
Scaramucci told CNN he believes he was the target of both parties, and that the media has painted him as a loose cannon.
As for what's next after Friday's event, Scaramucci plans to go dark until after Labor Day, when he will announce his next venture after he evaluates his various media and finance-related opportunities.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Two things standing out with basically everyone in this administration:

- try to sell crushing and painfully apparent failure as overwhelming victory on all accounts

- get loving paid

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Prop Wash posted:

https://youtu.be/_LjN3UclYzU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
The sanctions bill that we passed violated all of the terms of the Iran Nuke Deal and they're now free to spin up the centrifuges.

Say thanks to your local Democrat for almost unanimously voting for that poo poo.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Zeroisanumber posted:

The sanctions bill that we passed violated all of the terms of the Iran Nuke Deal and they're now free to spin up the centrifuges.

Say thanks to your local Democrat for almost unanimously voting for that poo poo.

People were mad at Bernie for not voting for it (because he was afraid this would happen) and saying he was in bed with Russia lol

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What a bunch of clowns.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

my kinda ape posted:

People were mad at Bernie for not voting for it (because he was afraid this would happen) and saying he was in bed with Russia lol

People are complete idiots who fell for it as a Russia bill when the plan was to scotch the nuke deal.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Zeroisanumber posted:

Wait wait wait. You mean Trump was RIGHT that the sanction bill was bad?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

ded posted:

He's also right when he calls it unconstitutional. It's a bad bill that takes us out of step with the allies, doesn't do much to actually hurt Russia, scotches the Nuke Deal, and would never stand up in a court of law.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ded posted:

Broken clock, twice a day

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

He can say whatever; if he really thought it was unconstitutional, he should not have signed it.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I don't think I agree on that sanctions bill.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/08/03/middleeast/iran-sanctions-nuclear-deal/index.html

The new sanctions targeted the Iranian ballistic missile program, plus people related to it, which is an area completely uncovered by the Iranian nuclear deal. Seems mostly a US reaction to Iran sending up a satellite a while back, since that poo poo easily can be turned into an ICBM.

Iran is still loving around with providing equipment used to kill American soldiers in Iraq and other places, so Iran isn't in the moral clear here. Sure, Donnie is being a dumbfuck about the Iran nuke deal, which Iran is definitely complying with, but Iran is loving around in other ways.

Bernie is right to be wary as hell, but I think he's wrong here. These sanctions target areas outside of the nuke deal, regardless of what Iran yells about. Slippery slope sure, but not there to nuke deal breaching yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Sometimes I forget that donald loving trump is our president, then I remember

• Locked thread