Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I just saw this for the first time. Don't know where to begin other than I thought it was awesome.

Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
The very first time a friend showed me the movie, he described it as "Richard Elfman made a movie." That was all I knew going into it. Seeing a young Oingo Boingo rocking out (even if in weird makeup) was worth it.

Weird to know that one of the Kipper Kids is still married to Bette Midler, and the guy has hardly aged.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
We cannot be the only two goons who have seen this movie.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I haven't seen it, all I know is Nick Nack from Man with the Golden Gun is in it

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Artsygrrl posted:

We cannot be the only two goons who have seen this movie.

you aren't. i saw it recently and i found it very random and confusing but an overall entertaining musical.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
The music is really what makes it, I think. :v:

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Artsygrrl posted:

The music is really what makes it, I think. :v:

Can't but help but notice that I've heard the devil song somewhere before too. Also found the "ABANDON HOPE ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE" intro/title to be a little iconic. It is Danny Elfman after all.

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 26, 2017

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Forbidden Zone is one of my favorites. Unique visuals, amazing songs, great dance numbers. It's just fun.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
This movie is so good, I saw it way back when I was an edgy teenager and it blew my mind. I was kinda afraid to revisit it but surprise, it's still amazing. It captures the essence of the 80s underground comix scene so well, kind of weird and furious and blisteringly problematic.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Forgive the bump, napping later. :nws:https://youtu.be/zimsUDzOiSM:nws:

Nws for obvious reasons.

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Nov 2, 2017

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
That is one of the best parts of the entire movie, right there. :)

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So I got stoned and watched this movie and I only have one question? What the gently caress did I just watch?

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Richard Elfman's biggest movie? I thought that they were working on a sequel.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
still watching it tonight as i lay in bed

Artsygrrl posted:

Richard Elfman's biggest movie? I thought that they were working on a sequel.

i heard about it but i think the kickstarted didn't get enoug hsupport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Dilbert music

• Locked thread