Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

Jotunn takes a look at the company around him. While unconventional, such a group as this seems rugged enough to fight a load of bandits; all except the poncy halfling. Hells, Jotunn and the Drengi could likely take out this bandit on their own. But a knight, some hard looking Elgi, the other hard looking human, and even the non-poncy Halfling all look like a scrappy lot.

"Ai Rik, I ain't too interested in any of yer land around here, unless it'll be a Karak of my own. Coin, and word that Jotunn Heavy-Hand, is an honorable hunter of criminals will be payment enough. The rest of those here have already answered the questions I'd have asked myself."

Hah, hunting down and killing some criminal arse will certainly show that Jotunn certainly isn't some murderous criminal, that's for sure!

Yeah, I'm going to be that annoying rear end sprinkling dwarven into my dialog. Blame Vermintide.

pre:
[pre]Name:  Jotun Heavy-Hand
Race: Dwarf
Career: Outlaw -> Veteran

Character Profile
Primary   : | WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | INT | WP | FEL|
Starting  : | 48 | 33 | 33 | 51 | 23 | 32  | 32 | 21 |
Advances  : | 20 | 15 | 10 | 10 | 10 | 10  | 10 | 20 | 
Taken     : | 20 | 20 | 10 | 10 | 15 | 05  | 15 | 00 |
Gained    : | -- | -- | -- | -- | -- | --  | -- | -- |
Current   : | 68 | 53 | 43 | 61 | 38 | 37  | 47 | 21 |

Secondary : | A  | W  | SB | TB | M  | MAG | IP | FP |
Starting  : | 1  | 13 | 3  | 5  | 3  | 0   | 0  | 3  |
Advances  : | 1  | 06 | -  | -  | -  | 0   | -  | -  |
Taken     : | 1  | 06 | -  | -  | -  | -   | -  | -  |
Current   : | 2  | 19 | 3  | 5  | 3  | 0   | 0  | 3  |

Skills:
Animal Care
Common Knowledge (Dwarfs)
Concealment
Dodge blow
Gossip
Intimidate 
Perception
Ride
Scale sheer surfaces
Silent move
Speak Language (Kazalid)
Speak Language (Reikspiel)
swim
Trade (Smith)

Talents:
Dwarfcraft (+10 bonus on trade skills, including smith)
grudge born fury (+5 to WS when attacking orcs, goblins, hobo)
night vision (30 yard vision in natural, not total, darkness)
resistance to magic (+10 WP tests to resist magic)
stout-hearted (+10 on fear, terror and intimidate tests)
sturdy (No movement penalties in heavy armor, less encumbrance values)
Rover (+10 on conceal and silent move in rural locations)
Strike Mighty Blow (+1 bonus damage on melee weapons)
strike to stun (Str v T to stun target)
Very resilient: +5 bonus to toughness, modify starting profile.
Strike to injure: +1 on crit damage done

Advances: (2200/2200)
A +1 (free)
WS +5 (free)
WS +5 (free)
W +1 (free)
W+1 (100)
AG+5 (100)
AG+5 (100)
Int +5 (100)
BS +5 (100)
BS +5 (100)
enter new career (100)
intimidate (100)
Strike mighty blow (100)
Very resilient (100)
W+1 100
Toughness +5 100
Toughness +5 100
WS +5 100
WS+5 100
STR +5 100
STR +5 100
W +1 100
W +1 100
W +1 100
AG +5 100
WP+5 100
WP+5 100
WP+5 100
BS +5 100
BS+5 100
strike to injure 100

Trappings:
26 gold, 18s
Bow with 10 arrows
Leather Jerkin
sleeved mail coat with breast plate
Shield
good craftsmanship hand weapon (axe)
common craftsmanship hand weapon (axe)
Good Craftsmanship spirits
common clothing consisting of a shirt, breeches, and worn boots
a tattered cloak
a dagger tucked in a boot or belt
a sling bag or a backpack containing a blanket
a wooden tankard
a wooden cutlery set
a hand weapon (axe, club, sword, etc.) 
a purse holding 2d10 Gold Crowns (gc)
2 weeks rations
2 water jugs

Werix fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Oct 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

"I'm with the halfling, so long as that lizard is artistic in nature, that's a good looking Karak you got there. Suppose you don't right know if it is a Karak Azgal or a Karak Azul eh? Oh what does it matter, we can hash out the finality of payment after we go and kill, er bring to justice this here dastardly Thagi."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

Jotunn stayed mostly quiet during their stay at the watchtower. He didn't have too much to say or ask anyway. Though he was mostly worried about the Knight running the place. Jotunn might have been a (wrongfully accused) outlaw in just the Empire, but the Dwarf still didn't know if the "honor" required by these knights would mean they'd have to try and bring him to justice, or not. That's why as soon as they could bring in this LeBeau, Jotunn could be treated as a hero, and not have to worry about looking over his back in this land.

The Dwarf picks up some rations and water, as he'd rather not get sick from the local supply, as well as a crowbar in case they have to bust into some hideyhole to get at this bandit. Jotunn tries his best to squint into the fog, but is glad when the Elgi and halfling spot the danger in the mist. Jotunn quickly jumps off his mount and brings up his axe and shield, getting between himself and most of the others.

"Stay behind me if you want. I'll take these damned UzkulUrk on my shield and those of you inclined to plink away at them do so; just don't go and shoot me in the back!"

And back from Gen Con. Dyne said he was doing Jotunn NPCed for the first round of combat, so I'll wait until he posts and then go from there. I bought:

2 weeks worth of rations at 16s
2 waterskins for 16s
Crowbar for 10s

pre:
Name:  Jotun Heavy-Hand
Career: Outlaw 

Character Profile
Current   : | 58 | 33 | 33 | 46 | 23 | 52  | 32 | 21 |

Current   : | 2  | 14 | 3  | 4  | 3  | 0   | 0  | 3  |

Wounds: 14/14

Fate: 3/3

Armor: 1 Body AP Toughness Bonus: 4
Dodge: 23, Parry w/shield: 68

Weapons:
Hand Weapon: 1d10+3
Shield(bash):1d10+1Qualities: Defensive, -10BS to incoming ranged attacks
Bow Range: 1d10+3 Rld: Half

Skills:
Dodge blow
Perception
Ride
Scale sheer serfaces
Silent move

Talents:

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

Jotunn turns his attention to the rotting Umgi that fancies his shield. However, the damned dead thing's grasp messes up the Dwarf's balance, and the strike goes wide.

Ini: 1d10+2 6
attack zombie vs 68: 1d100 87

pre:

Character Profile
Current   : | 58 | 33 | 33 | 46 | 23 | 52  | 32 | 21 |

Current   : | 2  | 14 | 3  | 4  | 3  | 0   | 0  | 3  |

Wounds: 14/14

Dodge: 23, Parry w/shield: 68

Weapons:

Skills:
Dodge blow
Perception
Ride
Scale sheer serfaces
Silent move

Talents:

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

The skirmish ended, Jotunn spits on the ground, but keeps his weapon and shield raised as the fog beyond is scanned by the group. Joutunn, weapon still at the ready, starts to look at all of the dead zombies, especially their hands. "Guessing we wouldn't be so lucky for our target to have been killed by these beasts and being among their number, but worth a check." When it becomes clear that none of the re-dead is their target, Joutnn joins his fellow Dwarf over the dead Wights.

"Aye Dwai, I saw their swords glowing with some Rhuns. I wouldn't want to touch those without the input of a Rhunki." Jotunn kicks one of the Wights. "That said, you think that the armor is good? This leather doesn't feel as strong as good Dwarf Angaz."

Yeah, if their armor is scale and plate, I want to know how salvageable it is. Even rusty plate has to be better than a leather jerkin.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

Jotunn leaves the talking to the more sociable of the group while he stays back, keeping an eye on the rear in case more undead show up. AUpon hearing about Frogwives, Jotunn perks up a bit. "Aye, been awhile since I had me a good batch of frog legs!" After he receives the likely large number of strange looks from his comrades, he shrugs. "Look, frogs are common underground, one of the few good sources of protein, especially around underground springs!"

Jotunn drifts off, "Wonder if they have some ale so we could beer batter 'em and fry 'em."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

Jotunn shakes his head at the scene in front of them. When Gunnbjorn speaks, Jotunn finds himself nodding. "Ain't too keen on killing villagers, but I get your sentiment. I've never more wished I'd never left home, and I've been in some pretty low situations since coming into human territory. And I will tell you this, I've never been lower, and humankind has never been so detestable, uh no offense to my comrades here."

The Dwarf certainly doesn't care if he offends the locals.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

At the words of the decrepit peasant Jotunn points at the litigator and bursts into a fit of laughter, talking in between chuckles and snorts, "Half as handsome! Half. As handsome! She said half as handsome, and you're a HALF-ling. Half! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

Jotunn takes a bite from the apple, and then immediately spits it out onto the ground. "You dirty Elgi! I've had the Chuf of a dead man more appetizing than this. The Drengi is right, you could only use these apples after a brewmaster got his hands on it, and even then the resulting liquid could only be used to clean Thaggoraki blood from a blade, and not a blade you're too fond of!"

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

The Dwarf insincerely waives goodbye to Marfe as he storms off, and spends more time trying to spit the taste of apple out of his mouth. As the peasant starts going on about sows and evil Black pigs, Jotunn can't help but sigh heavily. "Now what does all this have to do with finding that blasted thief? This whole land is a shithole, and killin' some Black Pig likely won't be an improvement. If none of these folks know where the thief is, and is offering to tell us in exchange for kidnapping or killing a pig or whatever this filthy creature is going on about, then to the dirt with all of 'em and lets continue on. We'd be doing this on the off chance that one of the villagers might know something, and might say something with Marfe's blessing. Or am I missin' something?"

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

"Ain't simpering lad, it's economics." Jotunn pats his coin purse. "My motivations on this journey are more mercenary in nature. We're going to get paid to catch this thief. I'll do anything leads us to him. Right now we have been told a villager might, I stress might, know his location. And we'll get this maybe information for snatching or killing this pig. If someone told us they knew for sure then I'd be your one man shield wall. But every minute we spend on this nonsense is another the bandit gets a lead on us. The demon will be here on the way back. Hell, you can raise a levy of troops from the land we'll get and come back and crusade for all I care! And if the coin is good, I'll join ya!"

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

Jotunn throws his hands up in the air in exasperation. "Fine! nothing I'd love more than risking my neck for these arseholes. This daemon pig better at least be a bit of a challenge. Or I want me money back."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

As Henri gets down from his horse, and grabs the peasant, Jotunn smiles and draws his axe and shield and gets in between the two guards and Henri. "You lot stay right there by that pig while our knight here does his thing." Jotunn looks over his shoulder at Henri, "Let me know if you need some help there. Though if he says 'fook' one more time in that fuckin' accent of his I'll rip out his 'fffoooooookkkkken' tongue if you want."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

Jotunn's eyes dart back and forth between the man with the twig, then the fookin old man, and then the North man when he starts walking away. "Where are you going to damned Wazzock! We should be sticking together!" When the old man says fook Jotunn spits on the ground and glares over his shoulder to see a small child hitting the knight. Jotunn laughs until he hears the shouting of the lad that called over Gunnbjorn and sees the lad has a knife on the large man. Jotunn would be more worried if Gunnbjorn didn't have the boy in his grasps easily.

Even though he wasn't worried, he had just about enough of the old man, the crazy boy, and all this talk about a damned black pig. Jotunn starts making his way to the pig enclosure, looking at Bors as he does, Listen here, Bors was it? I'm going in there, and I'm going to kill that damned pig. If you think you and your wooden stick can stop me you're welcome to try, but I'll split your gut open, and while you're bleeding out on the ground I'll use your little pike to scratch my Dongliz."

Jotunn keeps marching toward the pig. If the villager wants to die for a pig, Jotunn will grant that wish.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

When the shadowy Tendrils erupt from the ground Jotunn hacks at them until they get him surrounded and ensnared. The Dwarf struggles for a small time before he gives up in frustration. Once the wizard reveals himself, Jotunn spits on the ground. "Watch who you call a grudgebearer. All grudges do is get people killed. I plan to live a long life and get rich fighting things, unlike the Drengi over there who plans to look for a fight that'll kill him." Jotunn cranes his head at the Slayer. "But I ain't here to discuss Dwarf social norms with some damned grey oaf. If this bridge is the only route the thieving bastard could take, then it would have been nice if one of these backwoods dimwits, or their WIZARD CARETAKER, would have told us that in the first bloody place!"

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

"Bah! You sit here with your magic doing your little experiments, playing with the locals and 'monitoring' this corruption, but are ye doing anything to stop it? Just like you to berate me for being a little mercenary in my pursuits, but I'll take that over having all that power and just using it to play with pig poo poo! I sleep well at night living my life as I am, don't know how you say the same."

The Dwarf lowers his axe and shield and turns to the others. "Let's leave the pig to wallow in his filth. We know where to head to keep tracking our man, and his lead is only widening. " I seems clear from tone and circumstances Jotunn does not mean Impeatrice.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

For most of the walk Jotunn is ruminating on what he's going to do to that LeBeau once they catch him for making them dealing with these damned peasants and sloshing through this miserable and smelly muck. Jotunn wasn't some needlessly cruel individual, despite what the Grey Wizard thought. He was a fighter through and through, and well fighting is messy and violent. Oh sure, he'd take pleasure in killing someone who annoyed him, but he wasn't going to torture anyone first, or murder a babe in its sleep or anything.

He was certainly leaning towards the "bring back his head" offer.

By the time they sight the bridge and Hane came out to greet them Jotunn was tired, and nobles were talking, so he sort of zoned out until he heard "bath". Dwarfs were not typically "bath" types of folks; water was hard to come by underground, so you tended to keep it for drinking, brewing, and mining. But if the last few days had done anything, it made the mercenary desire a bath more than anything in the world.

"I hope it is a hot bath..." Jotunn says in almost a trance as they followed the lord back into his keep.

While waiting for his bath to be drawn, Jotunn chats with the servants, trying to see if anyone has heard about some bandit rear end in a top hat passing through, but the Dwarf is too tired and his attempts at gossip sound more like an interrogation, and the servants ignore him.

Probably for the best.

Forgot I had a social skill through gossip. gossip TN of 21: 1d100 59

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

Jotunn sinks down into the warm bath up to his nose, his beard floating about the water like light colored seaweed before an ugly, vaguely skull shaped island. Journeys, baths, rear end in a top hat wizards with a thing for dumb villagers, a soon to come boar meal. These are they things you don't get spending all your time underground and worrying about some book of grudges. Even a dwarf can enjoy the finer things in life, even if it means forsaking your entire culture. Bah, who needs 'em? These were a bunch of guys that went to war with the elves over a shaved beard!

Jotunn gets out of the bath, and initially stands by fire to dry, until the servants he tried grilling present him with a towel, trying their best to shield their eyes from the dwarf's sensitive bits. The Dwarf laughs at this, then grabs the towel and drys himself off. Getting back into his leather jerkin and grabbing his axe and shield, he makes his way back downstairs to the festivities. As he goes to take his place at the table, Jotunn leans in by Henri's seat and whispers in his ear, "Hey, if this is the type of pampering you noble types get all the time, I could get used to this.
Once this Lebeau business is done and we got that land, let me know if you need a master at arms."

The Dwarf then takes his seat and awaits his food.

For my advances took another wound and +10 to agility So my WS, A, W, and agi are all taken care of for this career. Just need 5 int and 10 BS.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Grey Hunter posted:

I think I'm going to shoot for a career change - paying 100xp to jump to Scholar (the only trappings are writing kit, so I think I'm good to go) I'll then drop 100 to get +5 AG and another to get +5 int.

I think you can only do a career change if you've finished your advance scheme on your major and minor attributes on your first career, and on careers after that you have to complete the advance scheme and get the talents and skills. You just can't get the trappings and change the career when you want. That is what seems to be implied on pages 27 and 28.

Though I might be totally wrong on that.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Huh. I might redo my expenditures if I can find a basic exit career I like that I just so happen to have the trappings for. Maybe mercenary.

I always thought you had to complete your career to exit, regardless of it being an exit career or not.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
isn't it because halflings have pure souls or something and can't tap into the warp? I remember that was not an issue with my halfling vampire because the source of the magic wasn't chaos or something.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

Jotunn digs into the boar with a side of the roasted vegetables, the later of the two being quite a delicacy for the Dwarf used to living underground where the only thing that grows is mushrooms. He helps himself quite generously to the wine being passed around. When the lord has special pies brought out jut for the halflings, Jotunn can't help but roll his eyes and go on edge. Especially the way he was doting on Cat made Jotunn check his feet to make sure his axe was within easy reach. Not that Jotunn thought he had to defend the halfling; he saw her fight, and she's quite capable of defending her own honor. Jotunn just wanted to be ready if it went to a fight.

Ignoring the pervy noble's actions, Jotunn asks a question between bites of roasted carrots. "Now you said that LeBeau ... passed himself off as a merchant? What ... made you think he was?
Was he traveling ... with a group of people he said was his caravan, or was he ... dressed like some merchant? Anything ye can tell us will help."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

Jotunn isn't quite satisfied with the answer put out by the Lord. Either this LeBeau is of higher standing than their employer let on, or things weren't as they seemed.

On the other hand, he wasn't being paid to be a slueth.

"I thank ye for your offer, but we ain't being paid by the hour for this job. If his horse is that lame, then that means the quicker we can catch him, the quicker we get paid, and then the quicker I can get on to the next payin' gig."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

Jotunn looks at the parchment. "Where is this town and what is the pay?" Is all the Dwarf says, in a very matter of fact tone.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

It was a hard choice. Not doing the job, of course Jotunn would do it. The hard choice was between taking the gold or getting some equipment from the armory. He could really use some better armor. A Dwarf should be in metal, after all.

"Just give me a name and how you want proof of death and we have a deal."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

As the Lord leads everyone off to bed Jotunn is a little anxious about getting to work the next day, but that anxiety fades when Archibald and the slayer chime in about helping. "Hey now,
the lord here came to me with this proposition, not ye all! If this ruffian is someone I can right deal with I don't need hangers on who'll demand a piece of MY payment. Lebeau we're all splittin' but unless the Lord here is under selling the seriousness of his problem, I don't think I'll need ya!"

The Dwarf ignores whatever is going on with the Berserker. None of his business, and unlike others in the group, Jotunn don't stick his nose where it ain't asked to be. Keep your nose longer that way.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

Jotunn rouses with a satisfied yawn, having slept well the previous night. Wile all this sitting around idle wasn't making him any coin, he could get used to this type of living. Maybe get himself attached as a house guard to a place like this? Live this life of nice beds, good food, simple jobs of killing peasants. Well, he wouldn't make any such decisions until after they finished this Lebeau business.

When the Lord mentions riding north, Jotunn is hopeful, and when the fool knight offers to ride with him, Jotunn is pleased. Yes, let them all ride north, the Jotunn can go and kill this simpleton the Lord asked him to kill the night before alone. No way was he splitting the pay for what should be a simple job.

And it better be simple. If the lord was setting him up, the lord better hope this guy kills Jotunn. Because if the dwarf survives, he'll make sure to take advantage of the knights being gone to rip this posh idiot a new rear end in a top hat.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

Jotunn laughs when Greyleaf speaks, "Nah Elgi, we wouldn't be that lucky for this little bandit to be the arse we're looking for. I reckon he's likely going to be more trouble than that lord is lettin' on though" He looks at those assembled, that ain't whispering a conspiracy in the corner. "Aye, if any of ye want to join me, come along. Do know that when we get paid for this I'm planning to take from this lord's armory if he has some decent plate; this leather armor is for someone more agile than I. But if his arsenal has nothing worth takin' I'll accept the payment. I'll split it evenly, after a little off the top for my 'origination fee'. So who is willing to do sanctioned murder for profit?"

Sorry on the delay. I thought this game had died, and then it revived itself what good while I was out of town this weekend. Lets kill this rear end in a top hat

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

Jotunn shrugs. "Sure, let's question this peasant. If the one we're looking for has passed through here four times in the last week, someone's seen something, and may as well start with the human that gave the Elgi a funny look, though I don't blame him!" the Dwarf says with a friendly slap to Greyleaf's back as they stand behind the Knight as he knocks on the door.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

Jotunn laughs. "This peasant better be mistaken Elgi. First, if you were out here trying to get MY bounty and steal my payment I'd have to right split you in two. Secondly, I'd lose what respect for you I have if I found out you couldn't handle your drink and got black out drunk!" The dwarf gets a little more serious once coin starts being used to bribe the peasant. "Quick way to cut into your overhead." He then addresses the Peasant. "The knight here is kinder than I, I tend to use threats of violence to get answers. I'd accept his generosity and pay it back in kind. With information."

Jotunn not so subtly puts his hand on his axe hanging from his belt. Not in a totally threatening way, but there is the implication.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

Jutunn looks at the scene. "I think you need to go get your money back knight, that peasant is a liar." Jotunn points to the set of tracks leading away from the tall grass. "So we got two sets of footprints here dragging away someone poor sod that got shot, and one of these trails leads right back to...here." The Dwarf points to the mule in the bush where Henri is standing. "What did that peasant say? That old Greyleaf there shot his mule, shot him, and then shot our target, but the arrow got stuck in his armor? Well the facts here show that there were a couple more folks, that the peasant helped carry one off, and that one poor bastard was dragged off, not ran. I think that lying poo poo farmer deserves a beating for lying to yer highness."

He then walks over to Greyleaf. "I was never much of a smith, but I know my way around a hammer. Let me look at those arrows."

I would like to use my trade smith skill to look over the arrow and compare it to one of greyleaf's. I know trade is mostly used for making stuff, so if this is a knowledge test instead that's fine.
Trade smith is technically strength based, so my strength plus dwarfen tradecraft would have me rolling vs a 43. I'll roll once I know it is appropriate.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

Jutunn holds up the two arrows; I can tell you for sure the one from the donkey is for sure of inferior quality than the ones our elf here has in his quiver. Unless he happened to keep a shite bone tipped arrow around just for mule killin', I think it is a fake meant to look like one of yers, point."

Once back to Henri, Jotunn lowers his voice into a whisper. "Either myself or Mr. Greyleaf should sneak up to the horses, and let them loose; that'll stop our friends from escaping. Then either we barge on in there, or we could even set up a little siege if we wanted to. They might not have enough supplies to wait us out."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

Jotunn nods as the elf takes off towards the horses. The dwarf stays at the knight's side. If those inside were going to come out angry and itching for a fight, Jotunn wasn't going to leave it all for the knight to handle.

Going up with Henri. I'll stay quiet while the knight does the talking, but shield and axe will be drawn ready for a fight.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

The elf and the knight act so quickly that the dwarf is caught a little off guard. It isn't until his Kin make an appearance that Jotunn suddenly snaps into action. He replies back at his fellow kinsman in their tongue, "Nothing personal, just being paid for that man's head. Give it to us, and I promise we'll let you live. Get in our way, and I'll be getting an armor upgrade I think!"

With that said, Jotunn charges in for a stunning strike on the other Dwarf, to get him out of the way so they can get the pistol packing man's head.

ini w/ hunter: 1d10+3 12

Okay, going to charge, but instead of do damage going to use the strike to stun talent.
Charge the other dwarf TN of 68: 1d100 32

Okay, assuming it isn't parried and I hit, I do the strike to stun instead of damage. It is my str test opposed by a toughness test. He gets +10 to his toughness for every AP he has on his head.

stun str test TN 33: 1d100 85

Hopefully he fails by more.

pre:

Character Profile
Current   : | 58 | 33 | 33 | 46 | 33 | 52  | 32 | 21 |

Current   : | 2  | 15 | 3  | 4  | 3  | 0   | 0  | 3  |

Wounds: 15/15

Dodge: 33, Parry w/shield: 68

Weapons:

Skills:
Dodge blow
Perception
Ride
Scale sheer serfaces
Silent move

Talents:

Werix fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Feb 28, 2018

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

With the Dwarf incapacitated, Jotunn turns to the man with the pistols, who matches the sketch he's been given. "Sorry, it's just business."

charge the man in the hat TN 68: 1d100 29

damage on the man in the hat: 1d10+3 4

Does fantasy have the rule where you can replace the damage roll with your DoS? because if so I want to do that.

pre:

Character Profile
Current   : | 58 | 33 | 33 | 46 | 33 | 52  | 32 | 21 |

Current   : | 2  | 15 | 3  | 4  | 3  | 0   | 0  | 3  |

Wounds: 15/15

Dodge: 33, Parry w/shield: 68

Weapons:

Skills:
Dodge blow
Perception
Ride
Scale sheer serfaces
Silent move

Talents:

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

Jotunn looks down at the man, then holds up the poster right next to him to make sure the likeness is sufficient enough. Jotunn would have hoped their quarry would have died in battle, he always hated having to execute a disabled foe. "Sorry, but there's a mighty good price on your head. Seventy five gold or my pick of the Lord's armory. Ain't nothing personal."

The dwarf then start to line up his axe with the man's head.

I'm keen to complete our mission here, unless someone wants to convince me not to kill an Imperial witchhunter way outside his jurisdiction, though I don't know he is one.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

Jotunn felt uncomfortable having praised heaped upon him. He didn't do his kind of work for praise. Reputation is important in mercenary work, and he'll never begrudge anyone talking about his dependability, but, dispense with the with the pleasantries and instead dispense the payment. The Dwarf would also not turn down a meal as part of payment.

Jotunn looks over to Greyleaf. "Ya had to go and take me fellow Dwai's armor eh? While it really matches your frame, I think that Klad will look most spectacular on me." Otherwise Jotunn thinks on his reward. He was due anything from the Lord's armory, or 75 gold. The Dwarf's own coinpurse was empty. All the fancy stuff from an armory doesn't do you any good if you don't have money. He was trying to go straight with the mercenary work after all.

What armor did the dwarf have? My planned career exit is veteran, which requires medium/full mail armor as a trapping. If the other dwarf's armor meets that requirement, then I'll probably take the money and split it amongst the three who went with me, with me having the most shares, of course.

Otherwise I'll try to get some mail armor from the vampire's horde.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

Thinking things over, Jotunn realized that if the damned elf was going to just parade around in that other dwarf's perfectly good Mail and breastplate, it'd better serve Jotunn, and the coin would best serve them all. Jotunn slips the armor off the skinny elf, and as he starts to put it on, he turns to the Lord as he leaves, "Well Ser, you did offer something from your armory, or seventy gold coins. as you can see here, I got myself a nice piece of armor from that little job, so I'll take me the gold if I can."

With the gold in hand, Jotunn does consider pocketing it all. However, he did realize that he did have some help, and that they were due some compensation. He gathers the coins and splits them into seven equal piles of ten. Jotunn would of course take two shares, as he was the originator of the job. He would also give the elf two shares for killing the other elf, and taking the armor, though Jotunn wouldn't tell him that. but that left three shares between the knight and the damned lawyer? Nah, they each only needed one share. The knight was a knight afterall with armor and a horse what'd he need money for, and the lawyer, what did he even do during that job?

So Jotunn had it settled, 25 for he and the elf, and 10 each for Henri and Archibald. He distributes the money to each intended individual, dropping the 25 gold in with the one gold coin and few silver in his measly coin purse.

Taking the 70 gold and the looted armor, splitting the 70 gold up unfairly among those that cooperated. My character sheet has been updated. I assume the armor is a sleeved mail coat (arms, legs, torso) and a breast plate.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

Jotunn looks out at the expanse below him hand just shakes his head. "Surface livin' make you humans damned messy. When you live underground, you gotta be considerate of the waste you make. This whole city looks like a cesspool."

He nods when the Northman speaks. "Aye, I agree with the docks. The only reason anyone would willingly come here, would be to catch a ship to leave. Best watch the docks to make sure our quarry doesn't rabbit. The sooner we catch him, the sooner we can leave all of this."

Took Int +5 and BS +5 with the advances. With the bottle of good quality liquor, I just need one more BS advance for my career exit to Veteran

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jotunn Heavy-Hand

Jotunn tries to look as angry and pissed off as he can while they make their way through the streets. It was mostly easy as the disgusting surroundings did make him pissed off, but he was also doing it so hopefully no one would mess with him. That said, he makes sure to draw his newly filled coin purse closer to himself.

Once they reach the Chapel district, the Dwarf looks around before putting his hands on his hips. "Time to do the worst part of bounty huntin' an' that's finding the damned bounty."

However, Jotunn is just so put off by their surroundings, he can't help but just going up to dirty peasants and angrily shouting, "Do ye know where the thief Lebeau is!" which causes the commoners to flee.

gossip around the chapel TN of 21: 1d100 63