Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

No, they told you they said no several times. Big difference.

Anyway I'm rewatching the series and realized that my first watch missed Lena's intro episode so I got a new to me s1 episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I'm surprised having a roboboy go without a helmet got through.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

since a lot of people only check bookmarks, you should know that our admin, lowtax, has been credibly accused of abusing his partner.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

please do what you believe to be ethical.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Larryb posted:

So aside from all that, has there been any word as to when we’re getting new episodes of this again?

really not a great look to repeatedly go "yeah but when will ducks be back" my friend

that said, i'm not seeing anything. probably summer, but i'm not sure if that's gonna hold true with every school being out.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

it me no ducks for anyone

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

SirSamVimes posted:

Petition to rename thread Ducktales Season 3: show yourself coward. i will never stop posting about cartoon ducks

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

drrockso20 posted:

I'm just glad this wasn't one of the threads where people were posting Goatse cause they thought that the forums were going to die and thus the rules were out the window too

the rules have been suspended for anything less than illegal stuff and harassment for a day. the goatse is allowed, even if I think it was kinda dumb ngl.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

At Disney all homosexuality must exist for under one second, lest you risk reactivating Mecha-Walt

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Nodosaur posted:

You missed the part where the show runner of TOH confirmed the main character was bi and the episode explicitly confirmed another female character had feelings for her.

friend I'm being snarky at Walt's conservatism and implying they put his head in a mechahitler suit, calm down.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

It's duck day

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

"Gal pals" - dating, may or may not be out, play off as platonic

"Roommates" - moved in together, usually out, for uncomfortable family members

"Cousins" - married, unambiguous, willful denial for all involved

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Gonna write a 69 page treatise on how she's been trained as a child solider and saddled with massive moon PTSD based off this episode. Get in the robot Penumbra.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Maybe I am completely gay deaf, but growing up, I did not notice the slightest attraction between Launchpad and Darkwing. They were just two super hero dudes living together and DW happened to adopt an orphan.
I honestly think people are imaging something which is not there. Sure it might change this go around, but the show already has a misfit girl who got adopted by a gay couple.

nobody's claiming there was in the 80's version afaik, but rather that it could be in the new one. there's a lot of grody poo poo that happened in 80's television, i'm not sure i'd want to see what they'd make of gay ducks back then.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

also we already have a straight pair (donald/daisy) stop pushing hetrosexuality down my throat

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

it's certainly a very lazy show when it comes to gender politics. I'm not sure it even passes the Bechdel test, as a lazy pop culture goalpost to hit.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

dividertabs posted:

In the context of an otherwise very PG setting, I tend to interpret this sort of thing as "very intense smooching."

the internet has photographic evidence aplenty to the contary

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The latest amphibia had Anne and sprig's skeletons as the end card for the Halloween episode.

Luv 2 terrify children erryday

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

plus he's taken by far the most physical punishment of any character and is still not a small pile of broken bones and feathers

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I'm too young to have nostalgia for it and thought the hour long special was just ok, but I'm glad for the fans and i hope the first ep will hook me.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

sausage party was an effective piece of art critiquing religion, it's only stupid if you automatically write off any animated film or think sexual humor is somehow less able to convey meaning. both of which are Bad Takes

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

bradford thinks he lives in a drama instead of a comedy

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

you should hate him on principle, there's a family that lives in a junkyard just outside his mansion while he's literally swimming in money. scrooge mcduck's final adventure will be the guillotine

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I'm pretty sure children are bought by a storkules in this world

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly I'll never understand the stigma that fanfiction gets on these forums, sure most of it is garbage but there's plenty that are actually quite good

from what i know of goons most of it is doth protesting too much.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

webby is a land of contrasts

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

but SHUSH are the good guys??

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

why did scrooge get poo poo on so much

also how are there old, old old statues and everything if scrooge built the castle

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

ThermoPhysical posted:

On a rewatch of this with my roommate and I'm even more annoyed at Webby in this episode.

I get she wants people to be happy but this was like "You MUST be sitcom level of utopia happy or the entire world is over" and it was frustrating to watch..

webby should be in therapy and given way more support as a severely poorly socialized child. she spent the first years of her life with her grandma and a butler as her only company.

therapy for everyone imo.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Santa's warm heart is a form of the age fountain taking a small part of a child's youth in exchange for the joy. santa is the sleeper antag this season

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

riparooni

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

it took a while but now you will have to stop posting about cartoon ducks

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

eat the lotus of fanfiction and let the story be the whirlwind poly romance between della/penny/owlson with the background of scrooge being forced to donate his wealth to the global south.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

not with that attitude.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i would simply make the toys out of coal, dual purpose

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i simply live in an apartment and use blankets to avoid turning on my sketchy electric heater

scrooge should have been giving out tiny solar panels

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

launchpad x darkwing duck guy

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

grand fromages sim city 4 LP is the reason i stopped lurking and started posting

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i'm pre-cancelling him, you can't like him anymore. pay me $5000 or steveMRE is next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

ikanreed posted:

The sudden realization that "LP superstar" unironically describes some people nowdays has unsettled me.

we are the grandparents of the modern web, and our pudgy hand extends to every corner

i miss the cartoon ducks