Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Webby went from being "the girl one" to "my favorite non-Scrooge character"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
My hope is that they're setting up Donald as a tired dad guy to really blow the nephew's minds when they start to hear stories of Donald and Della as badass adventurers.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

like comment subscribe if you teared up when the caballeros

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I'm gonna be real sad if Rockerduck isn't voiced by Wallace Shawn

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

a lifetime of watching Disney stuff has left me more or less fluent in Donald Duck

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

nine-gear crow posted:

find someone who can live up to Tony Jay

good loving luck

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

It wasn't just surprising, it was fuckin' radical

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I can't believe Lena is Webby's stand

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Yeah, Donald and Della's father's name is Quackmore.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Phylodox posted:

Screw that, where’s Bonkers?!?

Bonkers as Officer Cabrera's partner

Argue posted:

There was an old comic which established that everything in the bin is not actually formally part of his material wealth, but a memento of some adventure, as he can name where every single coin is from. I've always liked that interpretation because instead of a businessman wallowing in his money, Scrooge becomes an old man immersing himself in memories. I don't think it was a Rosa thing though, and it definitely wasn't Barks.

That was definitely a part of The Life And Times of Scrooge McDuck, which was mostly by Rosa, if I recall, but that particular comic also portrayed Scrooge as falling out with his family after becoming more unscrupulous when it came to acquiring more money. So, column A, column B, you know?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

nine-gear scarecrow posted:

It’s kind of amusing that for all the work they did to make the triplets into distinct characters this time around, people still get them mixed up :v:

those aren't people, they're bots

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

The Three Caballeros was my favorite movie growing up and when they started singing the song I basically burst into tears.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

The animation holds up great and the musical numbers are excellent. The actors that played Jose and Panchito originally are both long dead, I believe (the film came out in 1944).

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

The sweater Della gives Donald is the one that he's wearing in the present.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

SlothfulCobra posted:

And for that matter, why exactly are the Ducks living with Scrooge?

Hortense and Matilda lived with Scrooge for a time in the comics - I assume that the same is true of at least Hortense when Donald and Della were young. Notably, their father Quackmore, Hortense' husband, was one of Scrooge's accountants - possibly even his main one - so it stands to reason that he kept them close by.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

ProjektorBoy posted:

Actually shed loving tears at Della putting lyrics to the Moon song.

yep, same

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

numerous decades to come the incredibly complex conclusion that making stuff people like will make more money

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

It's heavily implied that Scrooge as he appears in this show is at least 130 years old.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Larryb posted:

Has he been in anything else significant prior to this?

He's also Storkules, and the voice of Mickey Mouse in the recent Mickey Mouse cartoons.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Darkwing Duck:Batman::Commissioner Gordon:Bonkers D. Bobcat

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

So Donald’s going to end up like a Duck sendup of, like, Buck Rogers or something? New.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Rhonne posted:

I'm imagining a scene of Donald watching Daisy fly into a blind rage while romantic music plays. That'll be their first meeting.

this is the first meeting of Hortense McDuck and Quackmore Duck as depicted in The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Launchpad is our good and pure cartoon boy.

see also: Drake Mallard

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

shades of eternity posted:

Yet another character designed specifically where "woman is smart, men are dumb."

are we living in the 90's again?

the main character of the show is repeatedly touted as being smarter than the smarties but by all means don't let me rain on your pity parade

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Some Numbers posted:

I would totally be in for this, except that Tony Jay is dead.

Get the guy who played Megabyte in the recent Reboot thing. That thing was awful, but he was pretty good.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I appreciate that Inspector Tezuka was named after Osamu Tezuka but is also very obviously Inspector Zenigata

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

not only was it her, the other one was Greg Cipes

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Another great way to introduce the show to people is to show them this clip from the movie (make sure you watch to the end): https://youtu.be/OH6IBef79HA

It captures the tone of the cartoon perfectly, you'll instantly know whether you'll love or hate the rest of the series.

I remember being wowed that whoever they got to sing that song sounded so much like Michael Bolton, and then busting a gut when the credits revealed that it was, in fact, Michael Bolton

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

paradoxGentleman posted:

Hey folks! Me and some others are organizing a discord for animation fans away from SA, given the lowtax situation. Ask here or send me a PM if you want in.

I would like an invite, please!

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

amigolupus posted:

If Let's Get Dangerous ends up being their backdoor pilot for a Darkwing Duck reboot, I'm gonna :swoon: so hard.

please please please please please

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

tribbledirigible posted:

prime av material.

on that note

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

nah you're right unfortunately

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

just a normal kid's show

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Everyone posted:

It kind of is now.

was referring to this

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Larryb posted:

Also did all/any of the Darkwing villains in this episode retain their original voice actors?

Megavolt and Liquidator were both played by Keith Ferguson in this episode, but in the original show were played by Dan Castellaneta and Jack Angel, respectively. Michael Bell reprised his role as Quackerjack.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Senerio posted:

Michelle Gomez (“Doctor Who”) guest stars as Matilda McDuck

:swoon::swoon::swoon:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

donald's anger entertains me and that is the point

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

tsob posted:

Is it?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

ikanreed posted:

I thought it was "Istanbull" but I've got terrible hearing.

I heard "Istanbird" myself