Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I really like that they kept in the part from the comics where Donald is one of the few people unimpressed with Scrooge's fame and money and is willing to butt heads with him.

And Mrs. Beakley throwing the pen and embedding it into the wall made me go :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I wonder how they'll handle Darkwing and Launchpad. Would they already have a history before, or are they going to be meeting each other for the first time?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Got to the episodes, and I loved it! :swoon:

My favorite bits were Ma Beagle's general air of "I'm too old for this poo poo" and telling her boys that Scrooge isn't the type to pay ransoms, and seeing kid Scrooge in the flashback and being reminded of The Life and Times.

eatenmyeyes posted:

It's not a "lucky dime." It's his Number One Dime. This has been addressed on numerous occasions and I wish to cancel my subscription to your zine.
:goonsay:

Clearly this is just another test to weed out the idiots and the one who knows better will be declared the true heir of Clan McDuck. :eng101:

Bobulus posted:

Speaking of gifs, I appreciate that new DuckTales Donald can actually hold his own in a fight, even if it's a scrawny, scrappy sort of way. He just needs to get his anger up.

I really love how Donald is animated as a smear in the second gif to show off how fast he's moving. Seeing this really makes me hope they'll have an episode where Donald hangs out with his fellow Caballeros. :3:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

LupusAter posted:

So, since it looks like no comics characters are completely out of the question, who do you want to see even if it's extremely improbable? Having grown up on a diet of Italian Disney comics, I would be overjoyed by a reference to Fethry Duck, the comics where he and Donald have some weird job to do for Scrooge were my favorites.

It's super unlikely given the modern setting, but I would like to see Teddy Roosevelt from the Rosa comics since he's one of the few people Scrooge likes and might call his friend.

Ballz posted:

I'm not all that well-versed in the Euro comics, but I always had a fondness for Brigitta MacBridge, and Romano Scarpa's "The Last Balaboo" was a childhood favorite.

As a rich socialite, she'd be an interesting love interest contrast to Goldie.

Are there many comics about Brigitta? I read a few stories about her and while I thought she might make a nice business competitor, I just didn't see her as a love interest to Scrooge. Her liking Scrooge as a businessman and thinking being good at business would make him notice her made me think that Brigitta doesn't really understand Scrooge at all. That, and Scrooge seems to see her as a pest most of the time.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I'm really enjoying how they're letting different characters interact with each other every episode. It really helps keep things fresh and gives us tons of fun character dynamics.

I laughed that the Terra-firmians are pretty much the duck kids. And Launchpad is such a treasure. :allears:

Edit:

Speculation about Lena. I wonder if she and Magica are one and the same? Like Magica might have cast a spell to turn herself younger and pushed all her memories into her shadow self so that she could push "Lena" to infiltrate Scrooge's group.

amigolupus fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Oct 10, 2017

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

There're two cool stories I remembered where Gladstone wasn't an insufferable jerk. One is a Don Rosa story of the celebration of Scrooge being in Duckburg for 50 years. While Scrooge was chasing Blackheart Beagle on top of Coot Statue, Gladstone helped out by asking the chief of police to put out a reward for the capture of Blackheart Beagle. The chief did, and Gladstone's luck worked its magic.

The other is where Magica tries to infiltrate Scrooge's money bin by disguising herself and becoming a love interest to Gladstone. IIRC, the two did genuinely care for each other but Magica broke it off since she didn't want to keep up the lie, and we see Gladstone depressed because his luck didn't help him.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Oh and also a few clips featuring Mark Beaks. He is as insufferable as I imagined him to be.

Interesting. There's a short moment where he stuttered in his speech to Huey and Dewey that makes me think he's hiding a lot of insecurities behind that pompous persona.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

The thing that struck me the most about this episode was the part where Gladstone got annoyed at Louie and shouted at him, "I don't want YOU! I want him[Donald]!" It made me wince, considering how the triplets don't know what happened to their parents, and how they might feel like they got abandoned.

tsob posted:

Maybe it's because I'm not familiar with the comics, but while I enjoyed the episode the resolution of the episode didn't do much for me. I kept expecting to find out that Scrooge was in some way responsible for the final $20 Gladstone picks up that allows Donald to win, given Scrooge's talk about how luck has nothing to do with how he made his fortune and general rejection of the luck vampire's ethos. I also found it a bit disappointing that after struggling through almost the entire course plagued by bad luck, one speech from Louie pushed Donald to simply power through the rest of the course and completely void the concept of luck given no more bad luck came at him at all. It just didn't seem like a satisfying way to end a struggle based on luck to have nothing to do with luck in the climax, at least on the protagonist's side.

To be fair, Scrooge wanted to handle it himself. It's just Liu Hai is a cheating hack who picked Donald instead. I imagine Scrooge doing anything would be seen as interference and they'd forfeit the contest.

Really, I'm fine with Scrooge being a bit of a hypocrite about not needing luck, it makes a nice flaw that could be explored later. In the first episode, it was only luck that Donald was there to make sure Scrooge and others weren't hurt. And it was just lucky that Glomgold didn't notice the real treasure of Atlantis was on the ceiling.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

VacuumJockey posted:

That was my Carl Barks tale.

This is such a great story! Thank you for sharing it. :3:

MonsterEnvy posted:

Quick correction he said need not want.

Ah, thanks! But yeah, it felt like Gladstone said a really awful thing to Louie. It made me think of the panel in A Life and Times where Scrooge tells the triplets how all of his family had left him, with the triplets saying they know what it's like.

tsob posted:

I'd hardly count that second one at least as luck, since Glomgold is being set up as the kind of superficial but greedy person that assume the bigger, easier target is worth more. Even if he'd seen the real treasure of Atlantis, the fake one he took was much simpler to retrieve and seemed to be worth more because it was surrounded by treasure. That said, I agree that he's hypocritical about luck, but with the way this episode was set up it just seemed odd that Scrooge simply watched and had no hand in events. It just didn't seem like effective pay off to me I guess. I still enjoyed the first half of the episode and the overall episode though I suppose, just not the climax and it worked for some people so my complaints are pretty minor really.

I can see what you mean. Maybe if there was a bit where Scrooge folded a $20 bill into an airplane and it soared until it reached Gladstone that would have made his claim look better. But I can understand why the writers went for Donald's rage being the deciding factor, since they wanted him to be the one to look cool.

Speaking of Glomgold, one thing I noticed in the first episode is that for all his goofiness he's still pretty competent, and it was a close call for Scrooge.

Like, he hired Donald because he's probably seen him in action from previous encounters with Scrooge so Glomgold knows Donald is good at his job. And when he found out Scrooge came out of retirement, Glomgold had the idea to use Donald as a hostage later on. And not only did Glomgold followed Scrooge to Atlantis, he got what he thought was the treasure and got away while almost blowing up Scrooge and company.

I thought it's really cool, and I hope the writers can keep him at this level of a threat as the show goes on. :shobon:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Inescapable Duck posted:

I think generally, depictions of Glomgold are never incompetent, unless you mean the original cartoon which I haven't seen him in. He's second best at Scrooge in almost everything, which is still pretty good, and can usually make up for his flaws in ruthlessness, with his main weakness being envy, lack of empathy and not thinking things through as well as Scrooge does.

Oh, whoops! I didn't mean to imply that Glomgold was incompetent, more that I was worried he wouldn't be as competent on Scrooge's level. Maybe I just don't remember it well, but I could've sworn Glomgold in Don Rosa's comic wasn't quite as good as Scrooge (like the time the two met when they were young).

But hey, that just means I get new motivation to read through Don Rosa's comics again. :haw:

tsob posted:

I figured he hired Donald because he knew of his relationship to Scrooge and wanted to have something of Scrooge's he could hold over Scrooge at some point. He also didn't follow Scrooge to Atlantis as far as I can figure: he paid more attention to the news than Scrooge originally did and also noted that the snow over the Drake Barrier Reef and knew what it meant. That they both went their is more coincidence (or convergent agendas) than anything.

That's a good point, though I bet Glomgold didn't realize just how soon he'd be holding Donald as a bargaining chip over Scrooge. Maybe he hired Donald based on a mix of your idea and mine? As for following Scrooge to Atlantis, I thought it was Glomgold who set out first. Then while they've stopped for a break he saw Scrooge and the triplets use the bathroom on his boat and decided to follow them.

Now that you mentioned it, I wonder if Glomgold setting out for Atlantis just as Scrooge did was really just a coincidence? Or is Glomgold keeping track and spying on Scrooge?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

You know, it's funny. I don't really recall Glomgold having that big or memorable an impact on the original series, yet he's possibly my favorite part of this show. Every time he or one of his crappy Trump-style brand name products turns up on the show I just smile because this incarnation of him is just such a fun character. You kind of end up rooting for him, even though he's clearly the bad guy. Like, I would honestly be 100% okay if he actually succeeded in killing Mark Beaks in that volcano. Just because it's Glomgold.

I think it's because Glomgold is having so much fun with things, whether it's shooting one of his crappy commercials or planning the death of his enemies. Like yeah, he could probably just shoot them then bribe his way out of a trial, but where's the fun in that?

Also just watched today's episode, and I enjoyed it.

It felt like the episode was packed with character moments, in a good way. It was nice to see the dynamic between Webby and Louie in a setting where Webby was the expert. And this episode gave us a solid idea why Scrooge hired Launchpad, the guy has Scrooge's back.

The way they handled the living mummies was cool. They're friendly, decent folk who are open to outsiders and new things. They're not treated as dumb, just really naive. You can also tell that deep down they want better, but are only held back because they don't know any better way.

Also, I love that they heavily implied that the old and sacred rite of mummification is the same thing as making a burrito. :allears:

My favorite bit was at the end where Scrooge offered to pay for Launchpad and the expression on his face when he heard how much it cost and how he tried to get his credit card back.

Edit: Removed the spoiler tags

amigolupus fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 29, 2017

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Another great episode! I've said this before, but I really love how they spread the cast so there would be different group dynamics per episode. Dewey being there to temper Scrooge's recklessness was great. And I was wondering how Dewey and Webby would be like together, and it turns out the two are just psyched to have adventures. :allears:

cant cook creole bream posted:

Scrooge was kind of a dick towards that dead guy.

I was kind of worried there for a second that the show would do what Up did and have the explorer duck turn out to be alive and crazy and they'd have to fight him, but nope! Guy was dead as a doornail.

Also it's kind of crazy that for a kids' show, they actually acknowledged he died stubbornly trying to climb Mt. Neverest.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Just finished catching up to all the episodes. This show is just so good. :allears:

Louie did have a point that he needed start-up capital to make money in modern society, even if he hadn't nailed down yet what he wanted the business to be. It's just that Scrooge's own experiences bootstrapping himself meant he didn't fully get why Louie even needed the money.

Also, Storkules is a delight and I hope he appears again. Donald, Launchpad and Storkules adventure when?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I like the part where Goldie did the "love interest climbs down the staircase" bit...and then proceeded to steal Scrooge's stuff right in plain sight.

SubNat posted:

I liked the 'perfectly square stone', investment opportunity in the Andes.

Don't forget the mention of the annual screening of "Christmas on Bear Mountain".

Ages posted:

also, did scrooge actually use the pogo jump to defeat the wendigo?

Oh my god, he did. This show, I swear. :allears:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Considering how Scrooge being an egotistical rear end in a top hat was the reason Glomgold became his enemy, I wouldn't be surprised if he did screw over Pa and Ma Beagle in some way as well with the deed to BeagleDuckburg.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Oh my god, that Powerline reference. :allears:

Also Glomgold continues to be the best. He's just so much fun to watch.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Count me in as another one blown away by this episode. That was amazing!

I bust out laughing at them reusing the Scroogeopoly design into the DisneyMcDuck Studios logo. Also them referencing Nolan's films, or how Justice League's two directors' styles gave it a clashing tone. There's a lot of lovely nudges here on the making of superhero movies.

That opening with Jim reminded me so much of Galaxy Quest. Like how he looked pained saying his catchphrase while cutting the ribbon, or how he was so disgruntled while signing autographs.

Drake really grew on me this episode. He seriously loves and respects Darkwing for influencing him as a kid. :allears: His humility and genuine desire to inspire others as Darkwing was a great contrast with Jim's version, the one consumed by his ego and gloryhound-seeking ways. If they end up making a Darkwing show, then I look forward to them using this version of Drake. Negaduck being created because of Jim wanting to save "his" fans from his impostor and thinking "dark and gritty" is what fans love so he'd give them that was a pretty great character beat.

Also this Drake and Launchpad have such amazing chemistry, especially when they were goofing around with the action figures. :3: I really like that Launchpad held his own in their fight, so he definitely wouldn't be a bumbling sidekick in actual fights. It's also cute that Launchpad inspired Drake to actually be a superhero, and in turn Drake is now his new inspiration as Darkwing. It's so good!!!

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Argue posted:

Was Dewey doing the Perfect Cast at the end?

I've seen a side-by-side comparison. It's not a perfect 1:1 adaptation but it's definitely the Perfect Cast. :3:

Xelkelvos posted:

One of the things that surprised me was how nonchalantly skilled Launchpad was at fighting. It makes some sense given his off-screen adventures, but I think this was the first episode where we actually saw him in a fight since it's usually Scrooge, Donald and the boys handling that stuff.

I know, right? It's great! It really gives the impression that he won't just be a bumbling sidekick but an actual partner to Drake. I really liked how distinct their fighting styles were too. Launchpad was using boxing while Drake used martial arts that relies on a lot of flips and kicks.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Beachcomber posted:

I'm really digging Glomgold's whole Dick Dastardly vibe.

Glomgold's pretty amazing. I really love just how much fun he's having with his schemes. What makes him work is that despite being silly in a lot of ways, he's still a pretty credible threat and he'd kill Scrooge if possible. Hell, he's actually come close to killing Scrooge a few times now. The only reason he hasn't won is because he doesn't have family and friends to back him up, as well as his fatal flaw of never thinking things through.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Xelkelvos posted:

Who do you think would give them Magical Girl powers/be their Magical Girl mentor?

Mark Beaks, clearly.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Launchpad probably already has at some point. Starting to see why Scrooge keeps him around; any other chauffeur or pilot (besides Della) would probably either quit after a day or demand a much higher salary to deal with the kind of crazy poo poo Scrooge is involved with on a regular basis. (Not to mention he's Scrooge's most loyal employee to a fault, given he was the only one still checking up on Scrooge after the blowout with his family) I do wonder if part of his weirdness and gullibility is because, like Doc Venture, he's been around so much weird poo poo that he doesn't really have a baseline for normal anymore.

I love the fact that if you look back on episode 1 where Scrooge closed the limo's partition on Launchpad, it wasn't just Scrooge being rude. He was preemptively saving himself a headache from listening to one of Launchpad's insane anecdotes about kissing mermaids, or frolicking with ninjas or loving his clone.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Beachcomber posted:

I love when Launchpad has adventures that happen entirely off screen.

I'm hoping they update that running gag to Launchpad going off on crazy offscreen adventures with Drake.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They're likely having the new guy imitate Jim Cummings' voice. (and in-universe Drake Mallard is imitating Jim Starling)

I like that his Drake and Darkwing voices sound somewhat different too.

Beachcomber posted:

I'm fairly certain that every Phineas and Ferb crossover/tribute was bad, but everything else was very good.

I will hear no slander against the Phineas and Ferb/Star Wars crossover. :colbert:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Sitting in on the SDCC Duck panel! I'll let you all know if there are any juicy tidbits.

Thanks! Here's hoping they reveal they've been working on the Darkwing reboot. Or maybe designs for Goofy and Max.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Acebuckeye13 posted:

SDCC coverage

Thanks for this! All of these sounds amazing and I can't wait to see it!

Senerio posted:

(that's not Baloo and Rebecca, that's Kit and Molly)

Certainly didn't expect those two to be grown-up in DT17. I guess maybe the staff wanted to cut down on child characters to avoid having similar personalities or something?

stratofarius posted:

The Goof's coming. The Goof's coming.

If Panchito and Jose are Donald's old college buddies/bandmates, I'm curious how he and Goofy know each other. I just hope they talk about having to babysit a kid with a thing for keys at some point. :v:

Rhonne posted:

I love how much Darkwing clearly hates Gizmoduck. :allears:

I hope they explain why Drake doesn't like Gizmoduck here, because that part just seemed so arbitrary in A Duck Knight Returns. I mean, this Drake doesn't really give me vibes that he's got an ego like his 90s version, plus Drake didn't even think about being a vigilante until the ADKR episode so he wouldn't see Gizmoduck as competition.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I'm gonna guess the triplets stop staying with Donald to permanently live with Della. That while it frees up Donald to go on adventures with Panchito, Jose and Goofy, it's gonna anger the fans who think Donald is pretty much the triplets' dad.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I wanna see what's going on with Mini-Beaks. Astro Boy-esque renegade robot turned heroic might be fun, especially if it's specifically Beaks trying to come up with a counter to both Gizmoduck and the triplets. I suppose this'd probably make Beaks the equivalent to Dr Tenma?

Interesting what they're doing with Beaks in being specifically a technology-themed enemy to Scrooge's business and family; using social media and popularity to rival Scrooge, sure, but also an enemy to Gizmoduck and possibly Gyro and Fenton in general as wanting their technology for himself without having to do his own work. And so far not really directly antagonising Scrooge himself, though that might change.

Honestly, I love that Mark isn't interested in tangling with Scrooge and only sees him as a source to get likes in social media. It makes him stand out from the other villains who are laser-focused on Scrooge.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

RandomPauI posted:

I would actually love them to get together, but what about Daisy? Disney certainly wouldn't feature a poly relationship right?

At the very least, a poly relationship would solve the whole "would Drake date Launchpad or Morgana" thing. :v:

nine-gear crow posted:

I mean, the tweet did say it would piss off a "small but passionate" subsection of the fanbase. So it's probably something fairly minor given how subversive the show has been right from the start.

Now I got this crazy idea that Bubba's gonna turn out to be the first McDuck in the past or something.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

amigolupus posted:

Now I got this crazy idea that Bubba's gonna turn out to be the first McDuck in the past or something.

Hah, looks like my crazy idea did end up happening after all. :v:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I do love that Scrooge doesn't hate Christmas, he just hates Santa specifically. And Glomgold knows Scrooge well enough that he knew making Scrooge dress up as Santa would really hurt him.

nine-gear crow posted:

Someone please introduce him to Launchpad already.

Storkules and Launchpad would sit together and trade stories about what it's like to date Donald and Drake.

drrockso20 posted:

Launchpad: The 21st Century's Most Unlikely LGBTQ Icon

:hai:

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Donald has had two boyfriends for decades and their names are Panchito and Jose.

Storkules, Panchito and Jose, and then Daisy. When do we get the spin-off where Donald's the harem anime protagonist?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

It's very interesting to rewatch The Great Dime Chase knowing who the board members are. They knew in advance Scrooge was going to the bin so ambushed him for a board meeting. Plus their concern that revenues are down in the Scrooge's international market, as well as their suggestions for budget cuts all take on a much more sinister tone. They want to cut funding to Scrooge's magical defenses, they keep turning down funding requests to Gyro's inventions, and they want to fire critical employees/allies like Ms. Quackfaster or Gyro. Hell, their final suggestion is to shut down the Money Bin for good so Scrooge can just work from the downtown office so he can focus on making money.

amigolupus fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 17, 2019

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Omobono posted:

Except if FOWL had bothered to intervene at all during the Lunarian invasion instead of sitting on their own asses doing nothing the situation would have been resolved way earlier.

Lunaris lost to a Glomgold scheme for heaven's sake, five minutes of FOWL gathering intel for Scrooge before the assault on the mansion would have revealed Lunaris plan and allowed for counterplans. They wouldn't even need to reveal their identities to Scrooge or burn assets for that, just have a master of disguise (like for example the Phantom Blot) deliver the info.

I'm not quite sure how much they could have helped. The invasion blindsided everyone on Earth and I don't know how they could gather any intel on Lunaris since he kept himself hidden until the last moment.

nerdman42 posted:

I mostly thought Lunaris was obsessed with Scrooge for the sake of Scrooge being our hero, but maybe there's something to Lunaris seeing someone who has everything on Earth that he wants while Scrooge is off searching for more adventure.

You could say his obsession orbits around Scrooge.

nine-gear crow posted:

Which is hilarious, because Lunaris had a file on Glomgold in his secret base. He knew EXACTLY who and what Flintheart Glomgold really was, and Glomgold still walloped him with how stupid he was.

Knowing who Flintheart is doesn't really prepare you for how stupid his schemes can get though. :v:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Beachcomber posted:

What kind of personality would someone in love with Donald even have? My only exposure to Daisy is basically a picture book I had as a kid, and Donald wasn't a barely restrained ball of rage in it.

Maybe she'll be like a stoned yoga teacher?

Well going by Storkules, it's someone who's upbeat and sees Donald as someone who's brave, wise and larger than life. :v:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

You could probably argue that Launchpad's plenty isolated himself, despite having had lots of romantic partners before. We're told they all became better people from being with Launchpad, but none of them have ever stuck around. And until the kids came to the mansion, Scrooge seemed to be rather distant towards Launchpad as well.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Rhonne posted:

Launchpad is probably going to leave Scrooge soon so he and Darkwing can move in and raise a daughter together.

:hai:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Goofy being the voice of wisdom is so great. I also appreciate that we got a cameo of PJ as well; it's nice to see what he'd look like under the new art style.

Now I'm left wondering if they'll also make An Extremely Goofy Movie canon to the show. :v:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

When I heard that Steelbeak was going to be part of this episode, I thought maybe we'd get Launchpad and Drake teaming up to stop him, but this is also pretty great. I definitely didn't expect the Rescue Rangers cameo, but smiled so much when they appeared. :allears:

I also like Himbo Steelbeak here, since it lets him and the new and untested Darkwing face each other in equal terms. It'd be great if they made a Darkwing 2020 show and have the two grow more experienced as the show goes on.

It's lucky that Webbie didn't introduce Scrooge to mobile games and gacha bullshit instead.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I liked this latest episode well enough. Mervana and its people made me think of Tra-La-La, especially with Scrooge having trouble fitting in with their lifestyle. One thing confused me though. Is Mervana supposed to be an ancient long-lost city? Because if it is, and all the Mervanans have lived underwater all this time, then it's weird that only the king had ended up turning into a monster.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Just realised why FOWL aims to wipe out Scrooge's whole family- not just out of petty malice, but because any survivor would inherit the entire fortune and all the assets to go with it, and be on the warpath.

So clearly FOWL needs to spare the most sane and well-adjusted member of the family who will definitely be able to move on from the loss of his loved ones and not be consumed by revenge.

It's Launchpad :ssh:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Little Bulb distracting the detective by spray-painting in binary was a good joke. I also like Huey mentioning that ninjas went extinct, since I'm pretty sure one of Launchpad's offscreen adventures or exes involved a ninja.

Xelkelvos posted:

A really good episode all around. The Glom energy drink was a good sightgag too. I expect to see Professor Akita again though since he seems like a probable fit for FOWL (as long as he's kept on some sort of leash). Also, part of me expected him to the the chopsticks thing with the potato chips, but that might've been too much animating effort.

Were the Glomgold billboards just a sightgag, or is Glomgold a massively popular character in Japan?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Scrooge's hesitance at the start to call Dewey's name as the next champion for Ragnarok-Mania wasn't just him being a dick, but rather because he knows Team Earth is cast as the heel and Dewey won't be able to handle the hate. And while the pep talk was Scrooge being kind and telling Dewey he doesn't need to force himself into the role, it's also not really what Dewey wanted to hear. It's just pretty novel in a cartoon where someone's idea of kindness doesn't mesh well with what another character wants.

Also, Webby has become the master of trash-talking. Lena taught her well. :allears:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

The latest one is very much a joke that Launchpad landing a plane successfully is a sign that the world's about to end because of Jormungandr. :allears:

That, and Launchpad slowly getting better at piloting is very much them building him up to go be gay dads together fight crime with Drake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

kefkafloyd posted:

Something to put on my to-do list is revamping the OP, it's very 2017. If anyone has anything they want to see addressed/changed, let me know.

Here's some ideas:

- Add Penumbra to the main cast list
- Change Goldie's picture to her Goldiemama outfit from Doofus' birthday
- Change Launchpad's picture to his driver's license and add a note about tagging yourself if you're older than him. :v:
- Oooh, maybe mention how Launchpad's bi, with a link to the show creator's draft designs of Launchpad's exes.
- Could probably add Darkwing Duck to the list, but show pictures of Jim instead to hide that it's actually Drake who becomes Darkwing
- For the enemies section, add to the top section a picture of all of them lounging in Funzo's
- Maybe mention Flintheart's real name being Duke Baloney, or if not, then add a note about how he's back to being South African like the comics in this incarnation
- Add Doofus Drake and Don Karnage to the list of enemies, with notes on which triplet they consider as their nemesis.
- Maybe change the second post of the thread into the Allies/Others section? This could have Duckworth, Storkules, Boyd, M'ma Cabrera, Faris Djinn. It could also include a spoiler-ed section for F.O.W.L. and its members.