Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

FAWK YEAH!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

To Battle posted:

https://youtu.be/AnA5a8as11w

This is gold boys. Bono and Ira.

Ira laughing before the punchline will never not be funny.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

On todays Jim and Sam show Kevin Brennan tore into compound media and especially Artie Lange for being fuckups. He repeatedly said sarcastically that hiring a fat junkie is a sound business decision. He also said he got the flu from not reading the side effects of his heroin, and thats why he missed his show on Monday as a joke.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Two Kings posted:

Anthony’s Opie-style man on the street pop up video is the first time he’s made me laugh in a long time.

Brothaman, brothaman.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Sintax posted:

Anthony is not allowed onto XM again, and there's no good reason apparently. Actually makes me feel bad for the old racist pedophile, he just wants to come in and tell jokes with his buddies once in a while.

Probably has something to do with Opie suing SiriusXM, or just lawyers being lawyers.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Rape Stink posted:

Who the gently caress wears a G-Man suit to an event like that?

Black suit black tie only looks good if you're a government agent or a hitman.

He works for WWE, hes probably doing some kind of show later.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

The Dave posted:

Yeah I thought the O and A Reddit was cool when they were making GBS threads on Opie. Then they had all this drama with Anthony and they were still justified and now they just want to burn it all down.

They also have this delusional belief that the Jim and Sam show wont get renewed in October.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Bum the Sad posted:

It's the second most listened to show on the platform right? They're idiots.

I just want to say I really enjoy Jim and Sam. I like Sam and Travis together and Jim is well Jim, I pretty much listen to every show to completion these days. I drive an hour a day so that takes care of half of it then I usually finish up the second half with my air pods in as I get home and unwind. The only thing that pisses me off right now is we aren't getting loving Ant in every couple weeks.

Ya I think some other show said Sirius/XM told them they were second most listened to also.

JB50 fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 11, 2018

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Bum the Sad posted:

Yeah but I don't mind hearing about Wrestlemania just because Sam and Travis get so enthusiastic I get engaged. Whatever I like Jim and Sam, I just want more Anthony on it.

After hearing Sam berate co-worker Anthony on the show today, I wish someone would cave Sams head in. What a douche, he acts like he isnt a few years out from being an intern himself. At least Sam caught some poo poo for his pathetic showing at wrestlemania. Between him loving with the help and his annoying dolphin laugh, he stinks.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Sheen Sheen posted:

Literally every time I turn on Jim and Sam they're either spouting a Fox News Lite take on current events or interviewing some celebrity I don't care about. I'm basically in it for Bennington at this point

I think The Bonfire is the best thing going on satellite these days, and they never talk politics.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

spudsbuckley posted:

Apparently Nick DiPaolo hasn't got a show on Sirius anymore.

Anybody have the tweet that got him fired?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Apparently he tweeted that he wished a school shooter would go to Fresno State where that teacher that criticized Barb Bush teaches.

When will these fools learn to stay off twitter?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

BrandonGK posted:

Hey, you better watch out. Don’t forget The Destroyer worked for the mafia when he was a caddy at the local country club.

Leave it alone! I know some things.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Artie is conveniently sick again:

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2018/05/artie_lange_cancels_show_hospital_blood_sugar_sent.html

Just a week before he's due in court to be sentenced for drug possession, Artie Lange canceled a comedy show because of health concerns.

Lange, 50, previously had a court date postponed because he had to be hospitalized for complications of diabetes. On May 18, Lange, who pleaded guilty to heroin possession, is expected to be sentenced in state Superior Court in Newark.

The comedian was supposed to perform at Scotty's Pub and Comedy Cove in Springfield on May 10, but in the hours before he was set to take the stage, organizers called those planning to attend to say that he wasn't going to be there.

Laurielle Nagel, manager at the Comedy Cove, said Lange was in the hospital.

"His problem is his blood pressure and his sugar," she told NJ Advance Media.

LOL ya Brown Sugar IYKWIM

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Snacksmaniac posted:

Took long enough but Ants lovely politics snuck into the Chip show. Well, aside from that first episode with the lovely impersonator.

How so?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

This is so true it hurts. If you want a good time, go look up o&a "big laugh" compilations. They're like 90% ant saying things to jimmy and god it's a great time. My fav is the one set up by jimmy saying he is afflicted by "AHBS: adorable, huggable boy syndrome". Ant's timing on his retort is just nothing short of perfection. Why's his brain gotta be so broke tho :sigh:

I remember that one, its good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92dJFs0fgq8

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Fabricated posted:

I hadn't checked in on any of the podcast stuff with Jim or Ant until just recently and wow there's a lot animosity between basically everyone and Opie. It's kinda funny to listen to Jim (as Chip) basically make fun of every single thing any of the fans ever hated about Opie.

Everybody hated Opie when it was still the O&A show. Walkin on greggshells and all that. Its only gotten worse since then.

Edit: "LEAVE IT ALONE, *sniff*"

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

LOL, Reddit they hate everybody.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

How is that related to this thread?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Kevyn posted:

So in other news the Vos Roast is out and Anthony embarrasses himself by drunkenly heckling during Rich’s act.

Why won’t he behave?

Judy gold embarrassed herself even worse. Overall the roast is good for a few chuckles, I saw it on youtube LOL.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

BrandonGK posted:

Looks like Danny has been checked into a psych ward and Ant is handling the news of his former friend’s misfortune with all the grace and sensitivity we’ve come to expect from the Roslyn biter.

https://twitter.com/anthonycumiacm/status/1009663905168265217?s=21

I cant see the tweet because Im at work but, Dannys been on Reddit badmouthing and slandering Anthony for the past couple of months. I would not expect Anthony to be nice to him.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

OlyMike posted:

Sooooo, is there anywhere I can find new Bennington shows anymore? Not asking for links, because that's bad, but if I know it exists I can try to find it.....

I know Bennington can be funny and Ive seen him do, but on his sirius/xm show it really doesnt happen. To be fair I only listened to one show but there was barely any trace of humor, I dont get it.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Disappointing Pie posted:

I started out listening to O&A in like ‘04 cause I had a 90 minute commute twice every day to college. And they were fine and my first experience to shock jocks but Ron and Fez were just next level. There were so many inside jokes, bits, shoots etc that it took me a full year to really enjoy the show but even when Fez was nearly dead silent it’s still some of the most entertaining audio I’ve ever had the fortune of hearing.

So what the hell happened with Fez anyway? I never listened but I understand he just couldnt take it anymore. Were they making fun of him or was he just a big fuken baby?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Remember a few years back when Jim, a man in his mid 40s at the time, went off on a R&F intern for saying he's too old to date. I don't feel bad for delusional creeps who expect 20 year olds to be impressed with their Kiss autographs and Quincy impressions.

She was just a kid Sam!!!

Seriously Jim would probably be happier if he came out as the gay man he obviously is.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Oh man I hope that’s true, one of my friends just swiiiiiiings from Ellis’s nuts and nothing would make me happier

Anybody got anything concrete on this? My google-fu turns up nothing.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Jim & Sam generated no new memorable side characters... like I've been listening to this show multiple times a week since they launched it, and I don't think I could tell you the difference between a Shitloaf, or D-Bag, or Hot Dog, or Troy. I don't even know if they are all on the show still. I think Troy is supposed to be like 'in a band' cool and one of them is a compulsive gambler (Anthony?). None of these guys produces even a Dennis Falcone or Roland level sense of character, and they are too ambiguous to just be a stand-in for easy jokes like E-Rock == fat.

I had to quit listening because I couldnt take Sams dolphin cackle anymore. Troy is a DJ and he totally killed his ex. Pushed her off a cliff to be exact. All those guys are still there and Roland is their booker/producer or something.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Is he talking about "Who are these podcasts?". Its a great show and they have a regular segment now where they make fun of Opies show. Im guessing the other show is Cumias show?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Vakal posted:

So what is Artie's status these days?

Unemployed, in jail, or dead?

None of the above, surprisingly.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Vakal posted:

Did he start up another podcast or move on to something else? Last time I checked the Antwan partnership seems to be over.

I mean hes a comedian so are they ever really unemployed? Plus he works on Crashing, if that is still going.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I just started listening to the Bonfire again after a bit of a break and it flows so much better now. Can't tell if it was my time away or if the show improved, but I'm all in bruthaman

Ya The Bonfire is REALLY good.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

JFC posted:

Twitter is going after users that have been suspended before, but created other accounts to get around the suspension. Twitter is now trying to permaban them since circumventing a suspension (whether it is a week, month, or permanent) is against their terms of service. AnthonyCumiaCM has been banned but Ant still has his Corrado Soprano gimmick account that he's using to bitch about Twitter policy. The O&A subreddit is trying to get that one banned too.

Anthony is going to go insane from this. He'll do anything so he doesn't have to be alone with his own thoughts. He even sleeps with the tv on so he doesn't have to be self-reflective, he's said so before. I predict a bullet in the head soon for Nana Cumia.

Yes surely a twitter ban will cause his suicide. This is a totally reasonable thing to think.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Stefan Prodan posted:

Man a murder suicide would be the perfect ending to the career and life of those two twats

This I can get behind.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

if you google 'wigger' a picture of jim and 50 cent comes up as the top return lmfao

Whats your Reddit name?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

a bitchin jetski posted:

The Opster wins in the end. He is the only one left that is even vaguely normal.

Ant's gone nuts and Jimmy is just a wormy piece of poo poo with no real opinions who is probably not going to be on Sirius after October.

Anthony at least has his own business and created something after his firing. Opie recently did a pre taped interview where he read questions and the company he works for were suppose to insert the pre taped answers from the lady he was fake interviewing. Only they forgot to insert the answers and released it anyway with just Opie asking questions to no one.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Snacksmaniac posted:

He gets replies?!

You know 4 or 5.

PUTTIN UP DOSE NUMBAS BABEEEE!!!!!!!

DATS DA BIT!!!!!!

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Morter posted:

That jerky boys thing is a mild revelation for me :o

They weren't sacred, i don't think, but none of them deserved what Opie put them through

Leave it alone!

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Shouldn't he be doing anything else with his time now that he's a multi-millionaire with a lot of free time? poo poo, start a real production company or something. Why bother with this fake drama bullshit?

DATS DA BIT!!!!! - Gregg "Opie" Hughes

Its all he knows.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Morter posted:

The documentary guy made a video explaining why he wouldn't do a video on Opie.

Hey, no love lost that he chose not to do it, but being in defense of his behavior or even sympathizing with him is a swing-and-a-miss. Opie is an irredeemable gently caress face and even if you think he's not as bad of a person as the other two, the author straight up uses "How can they be so mean to him--he gave them a career!" defense, among a few others, and I cringed, hard.

Yikes, that kind of discredits all his previous work. Maybe he was paid by Opie to make that stuff.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Ants on the latest Chipperson show, so I guess the rumors of him being banned were not true.

Reddit is such a toxic shithole, doubly so for the O&A subreddit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Odddzy posted:

He's clearly sexist but There was some stuff that he would talk about in his standup that was actually very perceptive when it comes to relationships.

His ex/widow is kind of crazy so that speaks to what he knew about relationships as far as Im concerned.

He did give some good advice though.