Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plutonis posted:

Oh wait the Monica games were hacks of Wonder Boy.

Adventure Island basically started out as a Wonder Boy romhack anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Cat Machine posted:

It doesn't seem to be on that wiki but I have a romhack of Kung Fu on my NES Mini called KoRn Fu

I'm not sure how it's related to KoRn

I used to do this in high school, lol. Nesticle's easy sprite hacking stuff was the best for loving around with here and there. I loved loading up a game I hadn't played in a while and being caught off guard seeing my forgotten handiwork, a powerup replaced by a dick, an enemy replaced by the word rear end.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

HolePisser1982 posted:

I used to do this in high school, lol. Nesticle's easy sprite hacking stuff was the best for loving around with here and there. I loved loading up a game I hadn't played in a while and being caught off guard seeing my forgotten handiwork, a powerup replaced by a dick, an enemy replaced by the word rear end.

a regular johnny rear end-le seed

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plutonis posted:

Yeah Tec Toy has a contract with Sega to make and sell these loving things even today and they had weird rear end ports of games like Adventure Island that was changed to be about the comic book "Monica's Gang" ( I played that one 20 years ago!!!)

Do they sell their stuff in English because some of those games look cool lol. But I'm not about to play some old console games in Portuguese you know.

Dec 26, 2012

• Locked thread