Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I watched through this show as a part of work a few months back. I liked it. Look forward to seeing better quality versions of the episodes where I don't have to type throughout the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

timp posted:

Sorry if this was obviously stated, but what was the deal with the prostitutes and the sheets they were showing to the cops? How did it keep some of them out of the paddy wagon?

They had already been arrested within the last 48 hours. Not sure why it works that way but it does.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Jerusalem posted:

Do I understand the scam Vincent and Bobby are pulling correctly? The mob fronts them the cash to pay the workers on Fridays instead of Bobby giving them their paychecks. Then they take the paychecks (which without taxes is a fair bit more than the cash already given out) to the mob who cash them in on Monday?

I think that's right, yeah. They frame it saving them the trip to cash it since the banks close for the weekend, for a small fee of course.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Best pimp by far is Method Man.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Milo and POTUS posted:

Uh, I don't think that guy was merely a rapist.

Yeah no that was a kidnap and murder deal at the end of ep. 2 for sure.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Dmitri-9 posted:

Do the women get any money from prostitution? They give it all to the pimp but I assume he just takes a large percentage. $300 dollars a night is some serious money in the 70s.

A prostitute with a pimp isn't making money for herself, she's making it for her pimp and then he pays her a small cut, most of the time. It's basically a micro version of the labor-executive relationship.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
I gotta wonder how they're gonna handle the time skips. The show's focus is pretty tight in on the characters.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

El Jeffe posted:

Right on, Leon :stare:

Straight up my favorite moment of the season.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Escobarbarian posted:

I'm really not sure what happened there either. I thought maybe she just had a breakdown.

Thunderthighs spells it out, some ain't built for it.

Professor Shark posted:

I refuse to believe anyone reading this thread has not watch it

I have not, just one of those shows that slipped me by. Only reason I'm a fan of this show is because I previously saw it for work, which is true for a lot of shows I've enjoyed.

Shima Honnou fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Oct 24, 2017

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Milo and POTUS posted:

Nah I really just wanted someone to tell me what happened I don't give a poo poo about spoilers lol.

At the end of the episode Reggie Love is mistreating and getting angry with Melissa in the diner, which is a thing he'd been doing all episode. Leon, who's spent the entire episode trying to cheer her up and being thwarted by that mistreatment, gets fed up with Reggie after he backtalks and immediately reaches under the counter, pulls out a .44 magnum, and blasts Reggie Love full-on who falls into the tables in the middle of the diner dead. At this point he slowly sets the gun down, calls the cops on himself, and offers Melissa some coffee. She then runs away. Best scene in the show.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
The scripts I worked with had me ID him as Evil John, so take that however you will.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wait when did Eileen get beaten? I watch this show late after a few hours of end week drinking so I forget a bunch.

Ep. 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
I still gotta wonder how they're gonna do time jumps in this, like is Abby even still gonna be around after what like 7 or 8 years time skip?

• Locked thread