Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

hexwren posted:

give it time - towards the end (so to speak) for the campaign mode, i.e., when you're out of (or nearly so) clothing to earn and have most of the cars already, the cash just piles up, with very little to spend it on

i got 200 super wheelspins due to some error and now whenever i get anything in a wheelspin now, it's just credits or a car i already own (so more credits)

i have 40 million credits and absolutely nothing to spend it on, except for buying limited time only cars for exorbitant prices in the auction house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Porfiriato posted:

I'll get it back but uh, that was not how I expected things to go.

If you're not too concerned about owning rare cars, a good way to earn money is to finish the weekly forzathon events and sell the reward cars, some of them are only available via those events and will fetch a good price on the auction house because of it.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

i have 40 million credits and absolutely nothing to spend it on, except for buying limited time only cars for exorbitant prices in the auction house

I always wondered who the fatcats were that are apparently buying cars listed for 20 million on the auction house. Good to know that eventually someday I'll be diving into Scrooge McDuck piles of credits.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I'm one of those fatcats. All I ever do is grind on the Goliath or the Kraken/Leviathan. Half the fun of this game for me is collecting cars and sometimes I'm too lazy to grind the playlists or just forget to play Forza Horizon 4 for a while and miss out on exclusive cars.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

those last few pieces of clothing I'll never get are driving me nuts

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Ruffian Price posted:

those last few pieces of clothing I'll never get are driving me nuts

I haven't checked how far away I am from cleaning out the clothing, but I'm definitely close; probably something like two to four of those black t-shirts with class logos left, and the streaming service gear, which I abandoned the thought of getting ages ago, since I'm not streaming for love or money

well, maybe large amounts of money. but you get my point. I did not get this video game to allow the internet to say slurs at me.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Haven't seen it posted here since I guess it doesn't matter to most of us, but Forza Horizon 4 is coming to Steam in a few weeks. So if you're big into online multiplayer, be prepared for the rush

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

oh nice, maybe now queueing for events won't take a zillion years

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

webmeister posted:

Haven't seen it posted here since I guess it doesn't matter to most of us, but Forza Horizon 4 is coming to Steam in a few weeks. So if you're big into online multiplayer, be prepared for the rush

If anyone is considering migrating, be aware that saves are apparently non transferable.

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>
If you need to make money I used this to get like 150 mil in 2 hours. Is it bad for the community? maybe, but people do be selling Superfasts and 599xx e for 132k. (they sell for 10-20mil).

I've been playing a lot lately. Here's a super loving satisfying corner I took in an online playlist I wanna show off. This game is very satisfying when you spend time getting better.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

webmeister posted:

LOL if you think multiplayer will be fixed.. especially if you're actually trying to play with a person you know.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
The only thing I ever wanted from fh4 was a way to play a regular rear end multiplayer race playlist where I didn't have to loving capture flags or play zombies or whatever the gently caress :cripes:

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Sultan Tarquin posted:

The only thing I ever wanted from fh4 was a way to play a regular rear end multiplayer race playlist where I didn't have to loving capture flags or play zombies or whatever the gently caress :cripes:

I do the online adventure stuff, but they include cross country races where people must have learned all the overland routes and I always do terribly on those.

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>
You only 'have' to play cross country playlists if you're trying to do Ranked (which is dumb as gently caress). Lots of players are using the custom playlist search and selecting no freeroam, but there's no ranking system. Just good, no bs racing.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

Nice! I’ve only tried the ranked adventures since they’re part of the seasonal playlists.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Even if I can't transfer my save over I'm happy that FH4 is getting ported over to steam, as both the Windows Store and UWP are major pains in the rear end to deal with. Honestly I don't mind starting over, I miss what little progression the beginning of the game had.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

The more I play Horizon 4, the more I wish I could just buy some of these clothing items with the massive amount of cash I have lying around. I've got $21 million, just let me buy a friggin' cowboy hat and some aviators! I'm tired of getting 15+ Wheelspins and getting crappy shoes and $2k and skirts :argh:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

T1g4h posted:

The more I play Horizon 4, the more I wish I could just buy some of these clothing items with the massive amount of cash I have lying around. I've got $21 million, just let me buy a friggin' cowboy hat and some aviators! I'm tired of getting 15+ Wheelspins and getting crappy shoes and $2k and skirts :argh:

Yes but if you just bought everything then you'd stop playing and their user engagement metrics would drop and we can't have that! Shareholders would get angry!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

webmeister posted:

Yes but if you just bought everything then you'd stop playing and their user engagement metrics would drop and we can't have that! Shareholders would get angry!

Man, I come from the land of Destiny 2, I know all too well about Player Engagement and Metrics and FOMO. Being able to buy clothes definitely would not make me play less, I'll still happily load up the game every day to do the dirt series and do all the seasonal stuff :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://store.steampowered.com/app/129383

Forza Horizon 4 is available on Steam now.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

I said come in! posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/129383

Forza Horizon 4 is available on Steam now.
Only $60 what a deal. :eyepop:

No way to transfer your save. :eyepop:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

totally missed that they released a hot wheels car pack. not gonna spend $10 on it above the $100 I spent on the ultimate edition

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Jenny Agutter posted:

totally missed that they released a hot wheels car pack. not gonna spend $10 on it above the $100 I spent on the ultimate edition

Does this give you tiny cars

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Morter posted:

Does this give you tiny cars

No. It's from a real life competition where people turn actual cars into hot wheels looking ones and the winners of that have an actual small hot wheels car made out of them.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Pass.

I was hoping for something like the Toy Cars DLC from Burnout: Paradise. That was the best.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I really hate that it's so expensive still, yeah yeah I know gamepass whatever. I don't really wanna have to gently caress around with subscriptions just to play a game that should be on deep discount by now.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

track day bro! posted:

I really hate that it's so expensive still, yeah yeah I know gamepass whatever. I don't really wanna have to gently caress around with subscriptions just to play a game that should be on deep discount by now.

It was 17$ for standard edition a few months ago. I expect it will be discounted during future steam sales, but I don’t know why anyone would pay 60$ for it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Horizon 4 does still get updates with a lot of regularity, and it does get deep discounts often. For sure wait for a sale.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I'll just wait for a sale, to be fair I've barely touched my sick gameing rig over the last few months.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I'll get the steam version eventually, just so I don't have to deal with the microsoft store but not at full price and without the ability to transfer my save. Maybe some clever modder might be able to figure out how to convert saves by the time the steam version goes on sale.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Sure, I wouldn't pay full price for it now, but $1/hour is my value benchmark for gaming, and I've definitely gotten more than 60 hours worth out of FH4.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Hope y'all are ready to spend a ton of money. Both the Forzathon weekly and one of this week's championships require a Vintage Racer, all of which cost 10 million at the auto show before upgrades :negative:

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

T1g4h posted:

Hope y'all are ready to spend a ton of money. Both the Forzathon weekly and one of this week's championships require a Vintage Racer, all of which cost 10 million at the auto show before upgrades :negative:

Buy a cheap duplicate at the auction shop

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

if i had FH4 installed and could purchase the vintage racers and sell them on the auction house to people who wanted them at a heavy loss, i would

wish this game had a new game+ mode or something; no idea how it'd work, though.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Stink Terios posted:

Buy a cheap duplicate at the auction shop

That was my first thought as well but there weren't any when i searched so now I'm the proud owner of a vintage Maserati that I will promptly never use again now that i'm done with this week :v:

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

I have a few vintage racers. Would post a screenshot but currently at work (yay retail print shop)

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Oh hey, before I forget! If you were thinking of grinding out the 80% Series completion for that sweet Alpine this month... Don't :v:

It's in the Forzathon shop this week for 350 points, so grab it if you've got the Forzabux and save yourself the trouble :v:

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Since I am continuing my trend of picking up games several years after they came out, I sent a request to join the goon club. I don't imagine they're flooding in these days so it should be pretty obvious who I am.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Did Dan Greenawalt leave Turn-10? He shows as at just Microsoft now but is still a creative director. Also, pre-alpha testing on Forza Motorsport 8 is apparently starting soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

heya can someone in the gnrc club in forza horizon 4 kick fishmech out the club? gently caress that creepy gently caress.