Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Oh cool. So the update changed the reward for finishing the Infiniti car collection (aka owning the one Infiniti in the game) to the "STONKS!" chat message. I had finished the collection already so it shows as claimed in the car collection screen but locked in the chat messages and I can't actually use it :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Hmm, I got a message in-game that I'd been gifted 1000 forzathon points by the devs. But I still have 1055, which is how many I had yesterday.

Also, new fun bug: Horizon Arcade areas simply disappear once in a while, sometimes even when you're in them waiting to start. And then not reappear anywhere on the map.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The game gets stuck at "saving" after buying or modifying any car for me.

It's unbelievable the game could be released in such a state, even crazier that it took a month to make a patch that breaks it even worse

WhiteHowler posted:

Hmm, I got a message in-game that I'd been gifted 1000 forzathon points by the devs. But I still have 1055, which is how many I had yesterday.

Also, new fun bug: Horizon Arcade areas simply disappear once in a while, sometimes even when you're in them waiting to start. And then not reappear anywhere on the map.

the forzathon points are coming with the next season

the second part of your post is a connection problem and has been going on since launch

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Powershift posted:

the forzathon points are coming with the next season

I definitely got mine today. I had to "download" them from the gift message but they definitely got delivered because I didn't have 2300+ before today :v:

Bought that 911 GT1 IMMEDIATELY.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

T1g4h posted:

I definitely got mine today. I had to "download" them from the gift message but they definitely got delivered because I didn't have 2300+ before today :v:

Bought that 911 GT1 IMMEDIATELY.
Huh

I checked my messages, claimed them, and got 2000.

I guess i got Howler's. Thanks dude!

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
If you need to provoke an autosave, you can teleport to home/festival and immediately exit the home/festival menu. The little white spinner in the bottom right will show up indicating the save.

There's probably an even easier way but this is one I've noticed is consistent

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Powershift posted:

Huh

Oh good, so I was right, they're doubled for you too :lol:

I think the Double Forzathon point house might be doubling the gift 1k.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Powershift posted:

It's unbelievable the game could be released in such a state, even crazier that it took a month to make a patch that breaks it even worse
Do you have any antivirus software running other than the built-in Windows defender?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Less Fat Luke posted:

Do you have any antivirus software running other than the built-in Windows defender?

On my Xbox? only Norton, McAfee and Bonzai Buddy.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Powershift posted:

On my Xbox? only Norton, McAfee and Bonzai Buddy.
Haha sorry; that really sucks.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It appears to be a widespread issue, so should be fixed in the February update.

Luckily i already have all the cars and most of them already have the twin turbo V12 AWD swap.

e: i have over 13m spent on parts, lol
e2: wtf? i just found a 251st bonus board

Powershift fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Dec 4, 2021

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Powershift posted:

Huh

Aha, I apparently hadn't claimed it.

I got 2000 too, I guess because I own the points doubler house.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Powershift posted:

MFS players send their sympathies and solidarity.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Powershift posted:

e2: wtf? i just found a 251st bonus board

I think, though I’m not positive, that it’s counting the seasonal treasure chests as bonus boards in the tally. I have 252 now and there was another chest a few weeks ago.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I think this patch somehow broke Xbox cloud streaming, at least on iOS safari. Doesn’t recognize my Bluetooth controller inputs on my iPad or iPhone, other games still work

DnHMaster
Jan 9, 2007

Smell The Glove
Fun Shoe
Just did 3x street racing and there was still no traffic at all, so not sure what the patch actually 'fixed' in that respect.

DnHMaster fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Dec 4, 2021

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
After having tried horizon solo for the first time, I'm kinda skeptical that NPC traffic is actually working the way it's supposed to, in freeroam or street racing... I know solo mode spawns more NPCs and drivatars, but I was really surprised at how busy it was compared to horizon life, which feels pretty desolate. I see so few cars when driving down the highway for example, and they were definitely more common in FH4

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Oof, I didn't know about the double points house until now. Oh well!

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
they finally fixed the mouse pointer thing

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Definitely a buggy update. Autosave after each seasonal championship race blackscreens for a minute or so until it dumps you back into free roam, and accepting a gift drop blackscreened me where I had to close FH5. Luckily, the car persisted in my inventory.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Hey All. Just started playing Horizon 5 last week. So far so good.

I'm pretty satiated for S1 and S2 stuff, I'm wanting to try lower tiers some more.

What are some fun/good cars in the B or lower rank to get? Leaning more towards retro/classics but open to anything.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Action-Bastard posted:

What are some fun/good cars in the B or lower rank to get? Leaning more towards retro/classics but open to anything.
check out this spreadsheet for some good B tunes/cars

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eT02EgPIi45S4WdC_-Gt1naRo-SWu7dQPwYA035pu_Y/edit#gid=989121584

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Yeah holy smokes I got the Lancer X and used the B rank tuning from that list and by god that was a smooth ride.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Really loving the Forza 5 app not actually opening when I click it, only to figure out there is an update I have gotten no notice of, nor information about being downloaded.

Except when opening Microsoft Store it just sits there as a failed download that I had to manually restart.

Real high-quality UX there Microsoft...

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

DnHMaster posted:

Just did 3x street racing and there was still no traffic at all, so not sure what the patch actually 'fixed' in that respect.

You say it like not having traffic is a bad thing.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Awesome job with the patch, 2 CTDs in the first 5 minutes of playing.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Action-Bastard posted:

I'm pretty satiated for S1 and S2 stuff, I'm wanting to try lower tiers some more.

Give the Peugeot 205 T16 a shot, it's great fun for rally races and also surprisingly fun at street races too. There's a FE with a nice spoiler as well but that doesn't seem to be in 5 yet?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Max Peck posted:

I got Double Time (2 events in 30 minutes) to work; I'm guessing they work like all the other timed accolades and reset if you fast travel during them. Which, uh, seems unfun for the 10 events in 5 hours one.

They appear to have upped the spawn frequency (or maybe it just shows you a couple after you finish one?)

Either way, nailed it -

Just over 2 hours for 10 drift events. I think 8 of them I did purely solo, some other guys showed up for a couple of them. Made it slower.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

So uh, when you update the game on PC, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT PAUSE THE DOWNLOAD. My potato-speed internet seemed like it crapped out on the 15 gig download halfway through, so I decided to try to pause and resume to kick it into gear.

As soon as I paused, the download disappeared entirely from the install queue window and trying to launch FH5 again brought up a "FH5 is on a device that's offline" error. Now I get to download the entire 102 gigs again :shepicide:

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Anyone else got the accolade for all 7 player houses... without having them.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:
Anyone have any tips for getting Daredevil with the Seasonal Ferrari because my lethargic HDD barely manages to get the road in place in time, let alone any civilian cars to veer near to.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

MissMarple posted:

Anyone have any tips for getting Daredevil with the Seasonal Ferrari because my lethargic HDD barely manages to get the road in place in time, let alone any civilian cars to veer near to.

Go offline (Horizon solo), it made a world of difference for me. And go on the highway of course :v:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

AirRaid posted:

They appear to have upped the spawn frequency (or maybe it just shows you a couple after you finish one?)

Either way, nailed it -

Just over 2 hours for 10 drift events. I think 8 of them I did purely solo, some other guys showed up for a couple of them. Made it slower.

They are on the map for 10 minutes instead of 5 before they start so there are always new ones on the map when you finish the last.

And yeah, it’sa good thing each individual’s goal is so easy because you have to put these dudes in your back and carry them.

Trailblazers and drift zones seem to be around one 3 star run per person. I’ve still had to make 4 runs.

It seems:

Bank skill chain: 150,000 points per person(ezpz) down from 900k per group
Trailblazer: 1 3 star run per person, down from 4-10 runs per group
Drift zone: 1 3 star run per person, down from 8-12 runs per group
drift to destination: 250,000 points per person, down from 2m+ per group
pinata smash: 10 pinatas per person, down from ~100 per group
Mini-missions: 5 per person, down from 40 per group
Limit breaker: still sucks
drift/air/wreckage skills: 15 per person, down from 100+ per group

Powershift fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Dec 4, 2021

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

ROFLBOT posted:

Awesome job with the patch, 2 CTDs in the first 5 minutes of playing.

I've been getting this new bug where 40% of the time I log in it'll just ctd as soon at I get out of my house and onto the road.

edit: so it's like my irl brain

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Action-Bastard posted:

The Toyota reward in this week's festival pointsathon whateveritscalled is a ton of fun and highly recommended, don't let it go by! You can't buy it at the in-game dealership.

I believe it starts in C-class and begs for more pep, but it's still a fun drifter out of the box. I have mine just barely into A class now (largely because putting drift tires on the car raised its rank by like 80, for whatever reason) and it is, far and away, my new drift car.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
I don't normally care about wheelspins but before I auction I unlock them all. They're getting the complete used car experience.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

got the AE86 and the series car, I imagine I'll be using one way more the other lol

now I just need to win the R390 off a wheelspin and I'll have most of my favorite cars

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.

It's not a great time for Collosus, but...let's not revisit how many attempts it took to get it.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I bought the F1 off the auction house because I knew I wouldn't have enough series points and I wanted to do this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
scud rules