Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Oh sorry, I meant that I like Tour, Eliminator, and Rivals but I haven't been able to get much out of the Arcade. I've tried the various Arcade activities but usually it seems like they're kind of dull and not enough people are joining.
Most of the time they're worse with more people, because that's usually just one rando that happened to be driving through the arcade zone when it started and now you've got to do about twice as much before the timer runs out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I feel like Horizon Arcade is the boringest of the multiplayer activities. Are there any really fun modes?

it is definitely a huge step back from fh4's forzathon live. forzathon live was awesome and felt exciting every time, arcade is a ghost town that happens way too frequently to feel meaningful. arcade is really the only thing i dislike about fh5.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Looks pretty big. Can't wait.

https://twitter.com/ForzaHorizon/status/1548394306381107200

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
looks very dense, the middle will be fun to free roam drift in

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I'm taking Tuesday and Wednesday off next week, can't wait to see the new tracks

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Are we able to drive around on the space between tracks?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Tayter Swift posted:

Are we able to drive around on the space between tracks?

think so, the trailer had something like this

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

It seems like there's a lot of elevated tracks that I suspect wouldn't allow for as much "drive anywhere" play.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

beneath those tracks is a wasteland with nothing but bonus boards

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Just three more days until the biggest content update yet y'all

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

update is live, 15 gb

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Wiltsghost posted:

update is live, 15 gb

Heck yeah. The hot wheels stuff in FH3 wasn't my favourite of the DLCs (I loving *loved* Blizzard Mountain), but super-duper looking forward to the FH5 take on things.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

am gonna play the gently caress outta this when i get home, currently watching the launch livestream at work and this expansion looks fuckin sick

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Finally time for my 1000hp B class cars to shine.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
god drat this is fun

as long as you stay on the roads, the offroad hotwheels are garbage

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The AI really cannot handle these tracks. They weave, wall-ride, and if you choose the wrong type of vehicle in off-road races, have unlimited grip in dirt, and aren't slowed down by water.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I'm in love all over again.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I was al ramped up to play but then I needed to Ina the add on in the msft store before I could.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Also, the new Tours are even better!

And with new categories, besides the obvious "Hot Wheels Only" I got one with A-class Anything Goes (AWD Only) for instance, implying that there may be at least one RWD Only Tour in the list.

stringless fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jul 20, 2022

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

why are there so many offroad hot wheels races this is not what I'm here for!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Badger of Basra posted:

why are there so many offroad hot wheels races this is not what I'm here for!
The starting tracks for B are all Hazards I think, yeah, but for higher classes it's more Speeds

Also, some of the Hazard tracks are just Speed tracks with rumble or ice track in them.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

dlc good

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

There's finally a reason for snow tires!

Rivals runs on like two tracks, but still!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I turned the voice over volume to zero, the story missions are so bad lmao

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
It's funny because they obviously listened to the critique as all the "fake spanish" is gone.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Okay, but in the fifth story mission the Hot Wheels arrangement is described as being "50 miles over Mexico"

This implies a normal temperature of -86 Celsius/-123 Fahrenheit, and an atmospheric pressure of "you're on the border of the mesosphere and thermosphere, technically you're in outer space"

So when you eventually get into the competitive multiplayer, you've got an excuse when you choke~

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I did an entire race with my camera pinned backwards. Hot wheels is so stupid.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

FFT posted:

Okay, but in the fifth story mission the Hot Wheels arrangement is described as being "50 miles over Mexico"

This implies a normal temperature of -86 Celsius/-123 Fahrenheit, and an atmospheric pressure of "you're on the border of the mesosphere and thermosphere, technically you're in outer space"

So when you eventually get into the competitive multiplayer, you've got an excuse when you choke~

This is a good post though

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
All of the recent event labs on the festival playlist had some kind of hot wheels looking track and the camera tracking was awful. Is it the same for all the dlc tracks?

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

slave to my cravings posted:

All of the recent event labs on the festival playlist had some kind of hot wheels looking track and the camera tracking was awful. Is it the same for all the dlc tracks?

Driving on the Hot Wheels tracks feels good. I was skeptical but it's very fluid and nothing like those janky Event Labs. They probably lost a lot of sales by highlighting those, because they were so drat annoying to control.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

the dlc was not player-made for starters

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
"It's just like Hot Wheels, but absolute poo poo!" seems to have been the idea behind the last bunch of eventlab tracks, so I'm baffled as to why someone thought those should be highlighted like that

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
So if you're doing the Hot Wheels Goliath in a Jesko, when you reach this part of the map

your car will pull a Mark Webber and lift up all on its own lmao

Have tried a few times now, always at the same spot. And it only works with the Jesko.

Sadly, there's a bit of track just overhead, so you can't do a full backflip.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That happened in the Rimac, too.

Also, if you enter some of the mag tracks over 500kph, sometimes it doesn't activate which is an unpleasant surprise.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

If you lose too much speed in a loop or sideways track do you just fall off

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Badger of Basra posted:

If you lose too much speed in a loop or sideways track do you just fall off

Yeah, but it has to be really steep before this becomes an issue. Your car can actually just hang out on like a pretty steep incline without sliding or anything, but that's the same as the base game, where you can pretty easily get any car up like a 60°+ incline on the side of the volcano without any sliding

This is also why you get a warning if you try and use a C or D class car, it sounds like maybe they won't reliably have enough speed & power to get around much of this map

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Day 2, dlc still rules.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

I'm really enjoying the car class progression system they put in for this. I guess it's been a really long time since I've played a Forza Motorsport but I like being forced to choose other stuff.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
The progression seems to get easier as I move through the classes. The B class races each took me multiple tries as my usual 700PIs struggled, but I just blitzed through the S1s in my Taycan.

Can’t say I’m looking forward to trying to make clean Rivals times though. Everything just slides around and there’s no margin for error with the walls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Tayter Swift posted:

The progression seems to get easier as I move through the classes. The B class races each took me multiple tries as my usual 700PIs struggled, but I just blitzed through the S1s in my Taycan.
How are those S2s treating you? Half of them took me at least two tries