Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I have a sideswipe or destruction skill'd rally Porsche, and that's great, but my x-class Mercedes AMG makes drifting over sand and smashing cactus as easy as turning the wheel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I don't get why they have that beautiful engine detail, but the underside of every car is just a flat texture. They don't need to have custom modeled undercarriages for every car, but at least have some modeled detail so it doesn't look like a texture ginned up in MSPaint.

They seem to strongly discourage any car-flipping fun, with no skill tricks for barrel rolls or flips or anything, the physics righting your car in almost any scenario, a general lack of car tumbling after you roll off a cliff, and then that too. It's a shame, but they clearly wanted their players to mainly engage in racing and drifting.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

azflyboy posted:

There's actually a skill for a barrel roll, but it seems to have pretty specific requirements to trigger, so just driving off a cliff won't do it.

That's good. I did a pretty clean one going off a dune, but maybe it wasn't quite right.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
My least favorite showcase mission or whatever so far is the Buggy and the Beast one. I needed 3 tries to get 1st in the ridiculously artificial photo finish sequence. No idea what I did differently in the one I won, seemed like I was holding down the gas during the final stretch every time and the game randomly decided to slow down the lead racer.

Then you get some supervised fun with monster truck and it's insanely sensitive to losing your combo because the monster truck lands on its top or even side?? It's a MONSTER TRUCK

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I like the porsches because they always are super easy to drive. I use the 1985 Prodrive rally one and the 2012 GT2. Also I upgraded the crazy AMG you get to X class and it gets drift and destruction scores way easier than any offroad or drift or rally car I have. :shrug: edit: I already made this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

explosivo posted:

RIP to a real one

At least I'm free to spend perk points on actual perks now instead of using all of them on wheelspins :shepface:

I caved a couple days ago and got my everyday driver to double the multiplier bonuses and survive 1 collision without dropping combo, and it's really cool, but yeah I should have instead waited and bought yet more jeeps. Ah well.