Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Butter Hole posted:

Anyone got thoughts on mine?

I would go with Stafford here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Refused posted:

If Davante Adams also ends up sitting out this week I’d consider going with Minnesota. He seems to be by far Hundley’s favorite pass target.

My question: I need to sit one of these guys, who should it be? 1 PPR league, week 1 of a 2 week finals.

J Jones @NO
T Hill vs Mia
R Woods @Ten
K Drake @KC

Am I crazy to even consider benching Julio?

Good point. Will keep that in mind about Davante.

And I don’t think you can go wrong - all those options are high-floor. It’s a tough choice for sure, but I would waffle between sitting Julio or Hill because I like the volume of Drake and Woods. I sat Evans last week (for Marquise Goodwin) and it didn’t affect my winning: that’s the kind of flex position you want to be in.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Help me decide my QB. Yahoo standard.

Cousins vs Denver.
Foles vs Oakland

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here

Keith Atherton posted:

Cousins vs Denver.
Foles vs Oakland
If the answer isn't Bortles, the answer is Foles

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

My one question for my finals- .5PPR Yahoo for my FLX

J Howard vs CLE
R. Matthews vs Rams
Marvin Jones Jr @ Cin

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TUS posted:

My one question for my finals- .5PPR Yahoo for my FLX

J Howard vs CLE
R. Matthews vs Rams
Marvin Jones Jr @ Cin

Mathews isn’t a consideration. Jones or Howard would do you well but lolbrowns imo.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Keith Atherton posted:

Cousins vs Denver.
Foles vs Oakland

I would lean Foles, though apparently there is a chance he would not play a full game if the packers win since they will have cinched the #1 seed? He plays on Monday, so there might not be anyone to replace him with if nothing is announced before Sunday morning.

Also, two questions for my BML finals matchup that I snuck into with a mediocre team:
DET @ CIN
KC vs MIA

KC is at home and are projected to be better, but it is hard to trust them after how bad they were the first 2/3rds of the year. Both teams have scored equal points with our scoring the last 2 weeks.

Pick 2 (standard scoring):
Perine vs DEN
Fitzgerald vs NYG
Gore vs BAL
Mixon vs DET
D Murray or Henry vs LAR

Leaning Fitz as one of the two, but not sure which under-performing RB to use. I thought Perine would solve my problems but he has not done much lately.

PsychoBilly Caddy
Dec 2, 2005
You might say I picked it up at the factory. It's cheaper that way.
Ugh,
Fantasy Championship and I am tearing my hair out making a choice.
Standard League

QB:
Foles or Flacco as a long shot

RB:
Need 1 RB
Crowell, Perine, P. Barber, J White or Gillislee

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

full of mama's homemade pemmican

PsychoBilly Caddy posted:

Ugh,
Fantasy Championship and I am tearing my hair out making a choice.
Standard League

QB:
Foles or Flacco as a long shot

RB:
Need 1 RB
Crowell, Perine, P. Barber, J White or Gillislee

Foles if Vikings win

Pee Rhine

Edit: poo poo didn't see the early Saturday BAL vs IND game. You have any decent waiver options?

Liquid Banjo fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Dec 21, 2017

PsychoBilly Caddy
Dec 2, 2005
You might say I picked it up at the factory. It's cheaper that way.

Liquid Banjo posted:

Foles if Vikings win

Pee Rhine

Edit: poo poo didn't see the early Saturday BAL vs IND game. You have any decent waiver options?

No,
Just normal cast of suck- Trubisky, Manning, Brissett, Kizer, Hundley, Stanton or Cutler

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Suave Fedora posted:

Good point. Will keep that in mind about Davante.

And I don’t think you can go wrong - all those options are high-floor. It’s a tough choice for sure, but I would waffle between sitting Julio or Hill because I like the volume of Drake and Woods. I sat Evans last week (for Marquise Goodwin) and it didn’t affect my winning: that’s the kind of flex position you want to be in.

Adams has already been ruled out.

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

PsychoBilly Caddy posted:

No,
Just normal cast of suck- Trubisky, Manning, Brissett, Kizer, Hundley, Stanton or Cutler

I don't think Flacco is a huge downgrade from Foles. But MIN is favored by 9 to win that game so Foles SHOULD play.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Liquid Banjo posted:

I don't think Flacco is a huge downgrade from Foles. But MIN is favored by 9 to win that game so Foles SHOULD play.

Foles plays the Raiders.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Currently going between either Bortles or Foles (Also have Keenum on my bench).

If Minnesota wins handedly, Foles gets the start, but if that game ends up becoming a spoiler (highly doubtful), Bortles is up.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Kizer or Stanton?

Foles is likely to play regardless of playoff status; they need him to get game reps.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Need a Def choice:

Pat's vs buffalos or rams vs titans?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Zauper posted:

Kizer or Stanton?

Foles is likely to play regardless of playoff status; they need him to get game reps.

Foles will absolutely play.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Kingtheninja posted:

Need a Def choice:

Pat's vs buffalos or rams vs titans?

Rams. Even though the Pats will win this game, I feel like McCoy is going to run all over that defense.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

pubic works project posted:

Foles plays the Raiders.

If the Vikings lose to GB, Philly is the #1 seed and the MNF game is meaningless. You could see a scenario where Foles only plays a half or something and they put in this third stringer.

But all that's moot if Minn hammers GB as expected.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

coronaball posted:

If the Vikings lose to GB, Philly is the #1 seed and the MNF game is meaningless. You could see a scenario where Foles only plays a half or something and they put in this third stringer.

But all that's moot if Minn hammers GB as expected.

As others have said, Philly will almost certainly play Foles most of the game just to get him reps so he can be ready for the playoffs.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

RCarr posted:

As others have said, Philly will almost certainly play Foles most of the game just to get him reps so he can be ready for the playoffs.

How is that "almost certain?" They saw what happened to the Raiders at the end of last year. If Foles were to get hurt they'd be relying on a practice squad guy who has never played a down in the NFL. It's anyone's guess how much Foles would play if the game was meaningless. We have no information other than Doug Pederson's vague comments.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

God I continue to have doubts.

Does anyone think Keelan Cole is worth starting over Gordon @ CHI, or Mike Wallace vs. IND? Cole has had three really good games in a row, and SF is not great on D, has me thinking about starting him over Gordon.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

God I continue to have doubts.

Does anyone think Keelan Cole is worth starting over Gordon @ CHI, or Mike Wallace vs. IND? Cole has had three really good games in a row, and SF is not great on D, has me thinking about starting him over Gordon.

Ppr or not?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

coronaball posted:

How is that "almost certain?" They saw what happened to the Raiders at the end of last year. If Foles were to get hurt they'd be relying on a practice squad guy who has never played a down in the NFL. It's anyone's guess how much Foles would play if the game was meaningless. We have no information other than Doug Pederson's vague comments.

Yes, obviously we are both guessing, as neither of us is the head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles. Common sense would say get the QB you need to rely on for the playoffs up to speed. That's all I'm saying. At some point you have to get over the fear of a player being injured.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

No PPR

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Hmm. If you had ppr I'd say Gordon for sure, but I'm not sure without ppr.

I'd definitely play him over Wallace, but probably a toss up between him and Gordon. Gordon does have 13 more targets over the last 3 weeks than Cole, so I'd say he's got a safer floor even in 0 ppr.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

1 ppr:

Marquise Goodwin vs JAX
Agholor vs OAK

:colbert:

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Dec 23, 2017

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I’m a vajeen of the highest order and just switched in MIN for JAX inshallah

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Jimmy G has been good but he's also faced Chicago, Houston, and Tennessee. Not exactly an imposing schedule.

Minnesota is a great play this weekend, but I'm confidently starting the Jags this week and can't imagine benching them if I owned them. They fuckin' rule.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I can’t post a counter-argument. I can only add that Garappolo has managed to turn no-name receivers into WR2/flex-worthy assets, where Hundley couldn’t do the same with Jordy and Cobb. And now he is down his one guy that he was target-locked on.

Maybe the better question is this: looking at the teams empirically as “bad offense vs good defense”, which of the two games presents the wider gulf?

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

1 PPR:

Greg Olsen v TB
Kyle Rudolph @ GB

In the championship match and have lost Rodgers and Legatron. Should I stay with Rudolph, who got me here, or swing for the fences with Olsen?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

Hmm. If you had ppr I'd say Gordon for sure, but I'm not sure without ppr.

I'd definitely play him over Wallace, but probably a toss up between him and Gordon. Gordon does have 13 more targets over the last 3 weeks than Cole, so I'd say he's got a safer floor even in 0 ppr.

Ok thanks. I think I'm going to go Gordon Cole.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

Cotton Candidasis posted:

1 PPR:

Greg Olsen v TB
Kyle Rudolph @ GB

In the championship match and have lost Rodgers and Legatron. Should I stay with Rudolph, who got me here, or swing for the fences with Olsen?

I think Olsen.

Standard scoring:
Stefon Diggs at Green Bay
Mike Evans at Carolina
Marvin Jones at Cincinnati

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

Farchanter posted:

I think Olsen.

Standard scoring:
Mike Evans at Carolina

Evans and I'm going up against him. DJax is probably going to be limited if he ends up playing.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Farchanter posted:

I think Olsen.

Standard scoring:
Mike Evans at Carolina

Seconding the Evans suggestion. I was torn between Diggs and Evans and I'm going with Evans. No DJax, no OJ Howard means more targets for Evans.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Got an interesting dilemma of terrible qbs in the Championship.

Superflex league, pick 2:
SF Jimmy Garoppolo vs JAX
IND Jacoby Brissett @ BAL
ARI Drew Stanton vs NYG

Obviously Garoppolo and Brissett are better qbs, but Jacksonville and Baltimore are the top 2 defenses in the league. Meanwhile, the Giants are ranked last but Stanton is Stanton. Help.

Comedy option: CJ Anderson or Samaje Perrine instead of a qb

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Having Superbowl jitters need 4

Martavis Bryant vs HOU
Keelan Cole vs SF
Brandin Cooks vs BUF
Devin Funchess vs TBB
DeAndre Hopkins vs PIT
Sterling Shepard vs ARI

Bolded is current. I changed out Cooks to Funchess because I read Buffalo's secondary is awesome

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Have a QB controversy in standard
Goff@Ten
Smith vs Mia
Bortles @SF

which one?!
(I picked up the best qbs on the waiver because my opponent had Rodgers until Tues)

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Also got QB jitters... Wilson or Flacco?? Had Wilson all season long, but Ravens have a legit shot at the Playoffs now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

zenguitarman posted:

Also got QB jitters... Wilson or Flacco?? Had Wilson all season long, but Ravens have a legit shot at the Playoffs now...

So do the Seahawks. Don't be crazy. Start Wilson.

• Locked thread