Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

16 team PPR

Kenny Stills is running from a hurricane and the wire is empty as gently caress.

It's a WR/TE flex spot: Kupp, Kevin White, Jesse James and Braxton Miller

I'd pick Kupp going up against the Colts' defense. I'm wary of all Bears not Jordan Howard, the Steelers grabbed a new TE that might split James' starts, and Miller seems like a huge reach as a backup WR2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Alfalfa posted:

Quick repost since it got skipped earlier today.

I would pick Stewart just because he's going up against SF.

ScottyJSno posted:

1 PPR

Danny "I am 32 and have bum knee and bad hamstring" Woodhead.

or

Ameer "I share a backfield and am playing a good defence" Abdullah

I am feeling Woodhead becuse PPR.

I like Woodhead better too.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

In a 1PPR, 2 WR, 1 Flex league and need some help with my WR and Flex spots.

I have:

Hopkins
Ty Hilton
Martavis Bryant
Keenan Allen

and possibly for the flex spot, Carlos Hyde.

Which 3 should I start?

I also have the Falcons D, but could grab the Rams or Panthers off the wire. Should I stick with the Falcons, or go for the Rams, at least for this week?

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

MrSargent posted:

I would go Hopkins and Allen, personally. I think Hyde will be decent, but Carolina's RunD is miles better than its PassD (which is nonexistent) so I think that would factor into the game-plan. TY won't have luck and this is Bryant's first game back in how long?

Thank you!

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Defense: Falcons or Rams?

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Alfalfa posted:

Coin flip honestly.

I'm going Falcons in one of my leagues and Rams in another.

Which defense do you think has less chance of giving up 25 points in the 2nd half of a game?

Guess I'll stick with Falcons; what are the chances they give up a ton of points to the Bears? Thanks!

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

1 PPR, pick one for Flex:

TY Hilton
Carlos Hyde
Martavis Bryant
Kenny Golladay

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

dxt posted:

I have to pick one of these WRs. 0ppr

Corey Coleman @ Bal
Martavis Bryant v Min
Tyrell Williams v Mia
Golladay @ NYG
Agholor @ KC

Really not sure what to do here. Leaning Williams, especially after Bryant did nothing last week.

Yeah, I'd go Williams, especially as someone who also has Bryant.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

pubic works project posted:

I'd probably go Golladay since the Lions are facing a team that while they have a good secondary, their CBs will be covering Tate and Jones and probably leaving Golladay open.

Thanks, I appreciate all the advice! If nothing else, it's narrowed down to Golladay vs Hyde.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

I nominally say Hyde as well. Hyde is the absolutely undisputed bell cow back, on an offense where they're clearly trying to run the ball often, in a matchup against a team with legendarily good corners and safety. The only issue with Hyde would be the likelihood that the niners wind up down three scores in the third quarter and are forced to throw the ball, plus the likelihood that Hyde isn't going to see the end zone.

So Hyde gives you a solid floor from a lot of touches and being good enough to stack up yards, but his floor could be 125 yards and zero touchdowns.

Golladay probably has a lower floor potential, if the Lions wind up favoring Tate, Marvin Jones, T.J. Jones, Ebron, Riddick, etc. - there's a lot of targets. But he's probably got more touchdown upside. If I was feeling behind on points in my matchup and going for a highest-upside option, I might start Golladay over Hyde.

e. Note: Sherman probably played injured week 1 and may not be 100%, which gives San Francisco slightly more potential in the passing game, and by extension, more options for Hyde to stay on the field for touchdown drives.

Ok, thanks for highlighting the up (and down) sides for Hyde and Golladay. I'm slightly projected to win, so I'll probably start Hyde.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Butter Hole posted:

Anyone have input on this?

I'd keep them both the way they are (Cohen and Bryant).

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Liquid Banjo posted:

Cousins was dropped in my league. Should I drop Rivers or Bradford (or both) for him?

Also need to settle my RB shitshow.
No PPR, standard, pick 1:

Bell @ Chicago
Ingram @ Carolina
Martin @ Minnesota
Stewart vs. New Orleans
Forte vs. Miami

Leaning toward Stewart. Thoughts?

I would drop bird-boned Bradford for the possibility that Cousins gets good again, but I could also see not getting Cousins at all after what he's done so far this year and how his schedule seems to be almost a tour of top defenses in the league.

I would also lean Stewart, if only for the matchup.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Alfalfa posted:

.5 PPR

Need 1 flex

Thielen vs Det
Cohen vs GB

Fantasy Pros says play Thielen but it's hard leaving Cohen on the bench...

I'd play Cohen.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Need a Flex in 1 PPR:

Hyde(still questionable, "gametime decision") @ AZ
TY Hilton @ SEA
Carson vs IND

Also have Bryant and Snead, but they both seem like weaker plays this week. Hyde would have been a no-brainer, but it doesn't seem like he's doing too well.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Bellmaker posted:

Sup fellow Hyde/Carson haver. Leaning Hyde, Carson if he can't go.

Similar situation, need 2 RBs and a FLEX 0.5 PPR:

Hyde @ARI
Ingram @MIA
D. Thomas vOAK

C. Carson vIND
D. Parker vNO (@LON)
T. West vPIT

Is Carson a better play over Ingram/any of these guys? Is Parker a better play over D. Thomas (Saints D bad)?

I would definitely avoid West this week, Ravens/Steelers tend to have low-scoring grudge matches. I would play Hyde (assuming healthy at game time), Carson, and either Thomas or Parker.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Mikey Purp posted:

Someone flip a coin for me and tell me which pile of mediocrity goes into my flex this week:

Isaiah Crowell v NYJ
Wendell Smallwood v ARI
Tyrell Williams @ NYG

I'm leaning Crowell just because his match-up seems the best.

If you're PPR, I'd gamble on Smallwood. Crowell just hasn't done anything at all this season.

VietCampo posted:

Man this rotating cast of RB's is killing me.

1 PPR need 2 RB's and a flex

Tarik Cohen vs MIN
Duke Johnson vs NYJ
Demarco Murray @ MIA
Joe Mixon vs BUF
Wendall Smallwood vs ARI
Michael Crabtree vs BAL

Johnson, Murray, and if you feel comfortable with QB situation, Crabtree.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

1 PPR, pick 3:

Hopkins vs KC
Keenan Allen @ NYG
TY Hilton vs SF
Carlos Hyde @ Ind

I'm leaning Hopkins, Hilton, Hyde because of Hopkins' apparent floor of around 15, Hilton's performance against Cleveland, and Hyde because he's the bellcow and passing back against the Colts.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Doppelganger posted:

0PPR, pick two RBs

Demarco Murray @ MIA
Bilal Powell @ CLE
Frank Gore vs SF
Amber Abdullah vs Car

I'd do Murray and Powell.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Crunkjuice posted:

Deshaun Watson v Cleveland or Matt Ryan v Miami? If it affects things, I have Julio too.

Ryan and Julio have both been unimpressive this season from what I've seen. I'd definitely play Watson.

Alfalfa posted:

Brissett vs Ten
Siemian vs NYG

6paTD

I'd be tempted to gamble on Brisset given the matchups.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Similar question to Crunkjuice's:

Watson vs Cleveland
Brees vs Detroit

6 PaTD

I'm currently starting Watson because my opponent has Alex Smith, Bell, Freeman, Fournette, Gronk, Tyreek, and DT. It seems like I could use his potential 40 point upside to have a chance, especially paired with Hopkins.

Counter argument: Drew Brees.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Suave Fedora posted:

How about the week-before numbers?
Or the week-before-before numbers?
Or the ...

Either way I have Myles Garrett on IDP so it's all good n plenty. Sitting Watson has cost me games in hindsight.

E: Browns are allowing a TD every 25% of drives

Yeah, Brees definitely is the safer play, but I really feel like I need to swing for the fences with this matchup. Watson had incredible games the last two weeks, a great one before, and then an ok game week 2. His only bad game has been week 1 against Jacksonville and he was still able to put up astronomical numbers against the Chiefs D. That and the Browns are why I'm leaning Watson pretty heavily.

RB2 question:

With Shady out, should I play Hyde@Was, Muscle Hamster@AZ, or Buck Allen vs Chi as my RB2? Full PPR.

I'm torn mostly between Hyde and Martin, but Allen is still an option.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Pick my second RB, 1 PPR:

Hyde @ Was
Allen vs Chi
Martin @ Ari

Until this week, Hyde was my locked-in Flex spot and RB2 on McCoy and Gurley's bye weeks. But now with all the hot hand talk and Breida, I'm very uncertain about starting him over my other choices. Allen seems to have better matchup, but is on a worse offense compared to Martin with his offense and matchup. What would you do?

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Need a QB. 6 pt TDs

Rivers @ Oakland
Mariota vs. Indy

Leaning Rivers since Mariota plays on Monday and is still questionable. Right call?

Yes. I'd do the same in a heartbeat.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Santheb posted:

Kamara vs DET or McCaffrey vs CAR in 0.5 ppr?

McCaffrey. No way Carolina sees that coming.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Santheb posted:

Lmao thanks. Posted that on the go. Seriously though in half PPR, RB2:

McCaffrey vs PHI
Kamara vs DET

Sorry, forgot to follow up and it's too late now, but I would have slightly leaned Kamara even prior to this first quarter. Hope you picked him.

Sir Plus posted:

1 PPR, need 2 WR and 1 FLEX

Fitzgerald v TB
Rishard Matthews v IND
Tyreek Hill v PIT
Kamara v DET
Ellington v TB

figure fitz is unbenchabke and mariota seems to like rishard, and i figure kamara has best upside at flex but ellington has potential against tampa (other two rbs are gordon and demarco)

I'd go Fitz and Tyreek with Kamara. Rishard would be a basket of hope without Mariota's injury and there's no guarantee he (Mariota) will play. Hill's hammy issue seems less serious than Mariota's. Ellington probably won't put up last week's numbers and now will have AP leeching touches. If the Cards felt comfortable with Ellington, they probably would not have grasped for AP.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Kloaked00 posted:

Lynch vs Kansas or Garcon vs Dallas for a 0 PPR flex spot? Leaning Garcon

I'd go with Garcon, but I could just be swayed by my PPR experiences. If nothing else, he's not going up against KC.

TUS posted:

Uhg,

Playing Carr tonight vs KC over Winston who may not play Sunday. That's the right move, right? Guys on the waiver include Eli, Bortles, Siemien, Brissett, Hogan :smith:

Fun dilemma! I'd also go Carr, even with the rough matchup, because I'm extremely down on Winston for this week with his injury and how well that old Fitzmagic worked last week.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

With Hopkins out this week, I need to fill my 2 WR slots. Here's my WRs:

Keenan Allen vs Den
TY Hilton vs Jax
Snead @ GB
Shepard vs Sea

I'm currently leaning Allen and Snead, but Snead especially has me worried given his injury and single-game output. However, Hilton and Shepard don't look great to me either.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

RisqueBarber posted:

Tough calls. Allen and Sneed for me but I would cringe to see T.Y. Hilton benched on any roster.

Gobias Ind. posted:

Allen definitely.

The Jacksonville matchup is horrendous, but I don't think there's any way people can be starting WIllie Snead at this point. He played an absurdly low number of snaps last week. I'm sure that will ramp up, but to what extent? I'd go Shepard if he plays, and Hilton if he doesn't and just pray that he manages to break one big play.

AnacondaHL posted:

TY's important splits are home/away: he produces much more at home, and atleast has that going for him even though it's against JAX.

Snead has shown little signs of producing anything post suspension+injury and should be benched until one good game.

I think you have to run with Allen and Hilton and be sad about it.

Thanks; looks the general consensus is definitely Allen, and probably Hilton, so that's what I will be sadly running with.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

RCarr posted:

1 PPR

Pick one (my choice bolded)

Sterling Shepard @ PHI
Alshon Jeffrey vs DEN
Kelvin Benjamin @ NYJ
Robby Anderson vs BUF

Out of that, I think I'd go Shepard too.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

1 PPR, I need a WR2 and a Flex, so pick 2:

Sterling Shepard vs LAR
TY Hilton @ Hou
Sanu @ Car
Richardson vs Was
Doug Martin @ NO
Carlos Hyde vs Ari

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Kloaked00 posted:

After grabbing the Eagles for the Jags' bye week last week, I am now faced with a difficult decision

Jags v Cincy
Eagles v Denver

It just came out that Osweiler is going to be starting for Denver instead of Seimian. As much as I love the Jags in general, I feel like the imploding Denver offense is prime for the Eagles to take advantage of

I'd go Jags, but full disclaimer, I've become a Jags D truther this season and I love them.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

1PPR, should I play Doug Martin @ NO, or Carlos Hyde vs Ari?

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

trdn89 posted:

I would play Hyde.

I might win because of this advice, thanks!

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

QB, 6PaTD league:

Who should I start?

Tyrod vs NO
McCown @ TB
Rivers @ Jac

I was going to grab Fitzpatrick if Evans (who I have) won his appeal, but that seems like a bad choice since the appeal was denied I currently only have Tyrod, but the other two are FA right now, and I'm leaning McCown because he seems most likely to get me at least 20 points and his matchup looks the best of them all. What do you think?

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

TIGHT END TALK:
Kyle Rudolph or Jimmy Graham this week? How about rest of season?

As a Rudolph owner: Rudolph this week, probably Graham ROS.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Kloaked00 posted:

4pt passing league

Bortles v LAC
Fitzpatrick v NYJ

These honestly are my best available options to cover Smith's bye

I'd take a gamble on Fitzmagic. Matchup is better.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

gloom posted:

Sanu has been pretty reliable, and Davis looks healthy and ready to break out. It might not happen this week yet, CIN isn't terrible, but I think he has more upside than the other two guys. I'd sit tight.

Which QB do I start?

T. Taylor vs. NO
J. McCown @ TB

I've been rolling with Taylor since Rodgers went down, but I'm facing the top team in my league this week and want a little upside. I'm also a believer in the NO DST (starting them actually) and TB looks terrible on both sides of the ball this year. Several teams in this league roster two QBs, so the other top waiver options are... Brisset v. PIT, Rivers @ JAX, and Manning @ SF.

I'm in the same Tyrod vs McCown situation, and I'm rolling McCown. His matchup is better, and the Saints DST has been surprisingly good this year.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

In light of the Shepard news, who should I use as my Flex instead? 1PPR

Doug Martin @ Miami
Keenan Allen vs Buffalo
Danny Woodhead @ GB?

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Who do I sit? 1PPR

Alshon @ Dal
Tyreek vs. NYG
Amari vs. NE
Sanders vs. Cincy
Landry vs. TB

Can you play 3 or 4 of those? I'd play Landry, Tyreek, and Sanders if you need to sit 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Goff vs MIN or Cousins vs NO?

I like Goff. I think he's the better QB and has a better team around him than Cousins. Xavier Rhodes can only shadow Kupp or Woods, and Gurley can always make check down receptions. Goff also tends to pass the ball to the opposing team less than Cousins.

Since Shepard is now definitely out, I'll ask again in case there's something I've missed:

In light of the Shepard news, who should I use as my Flex instead? 1PPR

Doug Martin @ Miami
Keenan Allen vs Buffalo
Danny Woodhead @ GB?

• Locked thread