Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Problem: Last night was playing a game on laptop. Suddenly it just turned off like a surge had occurred. However no actual surge happened as far as I can tell, and the laptop power source was plugged into a surge protector anyway. Printer and dual monitor, which are also plugged into the surge protector, were and are working normally.

It was summer and very hot.

After that initial crash I cannot get the laptop to turn on. Did the power cord break? Did the computer internally melt like a cartoon candle?

Operating system: Windows 10 Home, 64
System specs: Model #: Fangbook HX6-146 CyberPowerPC FANG Pro Processor: Intel(R)
Core(TM) i7-4710MQ CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s) BIOS
Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1.04, 11/6/2014 SMBIOS Version 2.8 Embedded
Controller Version 1.07 BIOS Mode UEFI BaseBoard Manufacturer CyberpowerPC
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB Available
Physical Memory 13.9 GB Total Virtual Memory 18.3 GB Available Virtual Memory 16.3
GB Page File Space 2.38 GB Name NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M

E: I apologize if this is not formatted correctly, but also the SA iPhone app is acting squirrelly as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Checked the power cord thing and that works, so something with the computer itself.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

It's possible the motherboard or GPU died (or some of the RAM).

Try taking a stick of RAM out if possible.

• Locked thread