Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
More like PUBC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Do you know what countries the other colours represent? I'd be interested to see how Australia compares; since the playerbase here seems very good here, still.

Also, I've just gotta say - after 20hrs or so (according to Steam) of playing this game and getting 2nd-5th a heap of times, I finally got my first chicken dinner - not only that, but I got two in the same evening! (Both in squad mode, for what that's worth)
Not a lot actually happened in the first one to be honest, but I recorded the 3min finale of the second one in ShadowPlay, because it was pretty tense! It does unfortunately just miss my snipe-off against three men in a house, but they all bleed out and die right after the start of the vid anyway, so there's that I guess.

Here's the link anyway, in case anyone fancies wasting 3min watching four rookies fluke a win, sometime! (heh, I'm the annoying-sounding one, who's oddly quiet in the recording)

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Major Isoor posted:

Do you know what countries the other colours represent? I'd be interested to see how Australia compares; since the playerbase here seems very good here, still.

Also, I've just gotta say - after 20hrs or so (according to Steam) of playing this game and getting 2nd-5th a heap of times, I finally got my first chicken dinner - not only that, but I got two in the same evening! (Both in squad mode, for what that's worth)
Not a lot actually happened in the first one to be honest, but I recorded the 3min finale of the second one in ShadowPlay, because it was pretty tense! It does unfortunately just miss my snipe-off against three men in a house, but they all bleed out and die right after the start of the vid anyway, so there's that I guess.

Here's the link anyway, in case anyone fancies wasting 3min watching four rookies fluke a win, sometime! (heh, I'm the annoying-sounding one, who's oddly quiet in the recording)

drat dude, congrats, and lol at the final firefight with the guy whipping out the bolt action as a last resort

btw if that inventory screen freeze is a problem, you can try out the new option they put in that disables your character model viewer when you hit tab

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Major Isoor posted:

Nice!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Thanks! And yeah, that bit at the end between my friend and the last guy was insane, with them both just missing one another like that, haha
And I didn't know about that option; I'll have to switch it on later - thanks for the heads-up

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Major Isoor posted:

why's it in third person :greenwate:r

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

im downloading this does anyone still play it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't like to play it solo after trying a few times and being bored out of my mind but I play it with folks sometimes. Or would, if Bob didn't die to Hurricane Irma.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I don't like to play it solo after trying a few times and being bored out of my mind but I play it with folks sometimes. Or would, if Bob didn't die to Hurricane Irma.

in the afterlife im free in the afternoon sometimes. ill hit you up.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I played a couple rounds of that free PUBG ripoff on PS4 Fortnite Battle Royale. It's pretty fun although I'm very bad at it.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Pablo Gigante posted:

I played a couple rounds of that free PUBG ripoff on PS4 Fortnite Battle Royale. It's pretty fun although I'm very bad at it.
It's cool that this and phone gaming are our future now.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bill Barber posted:

It's cool that this and phone gaming are our future now.

2017s been an insanely epic year for gaming nd 2018 looks as good. man your a whiny turd lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

two (e: three) yakuza games, zelda, mario, splatoon, a good ubisoft game, the mother-friggin switch, nier automata, sonic mania, nioh, persona 5, ff12 zodiac, and a new metroid? lol. gamings dead as dogshit

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Fungah! posted:

2017s been an insanely epic year for gaming nd 2018 looks as good. man your a whiny turd lol
jokes dude...

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

heh i-it was a j-joke my dude. i'm not backpedaling youre the retard lol

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Fungah! posted:

two (e: three) yakuza games, zelda, mario, splatoon, a good ubisoft game, the mother-friggin switch, nier automata, sonic mania, nioh, persona 5, ff12 zodiac, and a new metroid? lol. gamings dead as dogshit

Jesus christ... that really was all this year, and it's not even over yet. gently caress

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Was prey this year or last year?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Fungah! posted:

japan = win

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Was prey this year or last year?

this year

and dont forget about splatoon 2 and puyo puyo tetris

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

What will 2018 be like?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

What will 2018 be like?

i sense a metric fuckton of win coming out of Japan, sir!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What will 2018 be like?

Monster Hunter World comes out like the first week of 2018

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Stardew multiplayer, Kuni 2, RDR2

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

I ran around an empty environment for 10 minutes and got shot, so I think they did pretty good in replicating the experience

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bill Barber posted:

jokes dude...

limp dick bitch

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I ran around an empty environment for 10 minutes and got shot, so I think they did pretty good in replicating the experience

PUBG is only fun if you drop into populated areas because if you don't its like you said and you spend the whole match running away from the circle across open fields with a pea shooter and 2 bullets

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
RDR2 would be awesome with a PUBG like mode with horses

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Liquid Drink posted:

RDR2 would be awesome with a PUBG like mode with horses

I agree.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Every round was either this or getting killed within 30 seconds of landing

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Monster Hunter World comes out like the first week of 2018

god drat so soon? no point in switch XX in the west then

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bro, your obiously know playing PUBg the right way. Druno Druo pDrop inot oa spleayplace where you die 2000000 times auntily uyou foinally getgoing ,then its loving Fumf Fun bro! lol - Redtis over the restard.

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]

Wormskull posted:

Bro, your obiously know playing PUBg the right way. Druno Druo pDrop inot oa spleayplace where you die 2000000 times auntily uyou foinally getgoing ,then its loving Fumf Fun bro! lol - Redtis over the restard.

:hai:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Wormskull posted:

I just drop on the outer edges of popular spots, pick off the 'tards in the center, get the good loot off there corpses and continue to have a epic rear end time. QQ moar

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

lmfao i love you worm

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

extremebuff posted:

lmfao i love you worm

Wormskull knows what's up! You'll definitely get much better with PUBG's gunplay doing it like this, rather than stuffing about in the woods all game
(That being said, I do enjoy doing what rediscover said, followed by stealthing my way into the top five, ready for the final firefight)

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Land right next to someone else and punch them to death as they try to pick up their first gun. Works 90% of the time lol

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I've only gotten to top ten by being a coward and almost dying to the blue circle every time

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i really really like landing in rozhok, the layout is great for fighting in and it’s close enough to other hot spots that you’ll get plenty of visitors

but i do like having scenic rounds driving along the coasts sometimes! the east/northeast has been comparatively poppin since they added in more buildings and a town, im glad

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

i really really like landing in rozhok, the layout is great for fighting in and it’s close enough to other hot spots that you’ll get plenty of visitors

Ah, I'll have to keep that name in mind - I remember getting involved in some great building-to-building firefights with other squads once, and I don't think I've been there since. (Since I never remembered which town it was)
I'll have to check it out - might be the same place. I love moments like those extended firefights; especially when you pull it off!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Drop deez .

• Locked thread