Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
what exactly constitutes a directory service? AD has a billion features i have no idea whats core and whats extra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
does kotlin do anything to make it a language instead of a slang?

i used it and liked it but all i see is sugar over java. to me kotlin is to java like coffeescript is to javascript except its good. there were no new concepts in kotlin iirc.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

JewKiller 3000 posted:

to give one example, it has declaration-site variance for generics instead of java's wildcards, which allows for more programs to be typed. in general the type system is well thought out and designed by people who knew what they were doing

this is compile time tho, right?

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
just use javascript and gtk

ezpz

• Locked thread