Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Season 20 was garbage even before Trump won halfway through, and honestly I'm not at all excited for this because I don't think South Park as it has existed really has a place in a post-Trump world. I'd like to be proven wrong though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I have been thoroughly unimpressed by this episode (though the kitchen wall bit and Cartman immediately going back to "uuuuuuuuuugggh" when he was trying to act abused to Heidi made me chuckle), but that last bit was interesting and they're either gonna stick the landing or gently caress it up by I dunno having the confederate flag guy be super tolerant or whatever.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
sigh.

Well, South Park, this is where I break up with you.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Scooter_McCabe posted:

It feels like they just pussed out.
In the last seconds, I was hoping, praying, that Randy would push a detonator and kill everyone inside the house. Because then I would still care.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

geeves posted:

Nah, it's like they just highlighted that white people don't care about or flat out ignore the bigger issues as long as they can watch HGTV. It's not biting or in your face, but definitely a bit subtle.
It makes no sense though. It starts with him being pissed at people waving Confederate flags for harming his show's brand, but then at the end he frames a Confederate flag on a wall as part of a renovation and everyone comes in for a huge Confederate flag-waving party while the cameras roll.
Let's look at the previous season openers

20. "Memberberries"
Whatever the many many flaws of Season 20, it started with a lot of promise, and the titular memberberries were resonate enough to be culturally relevant.

19. "Stunning and Brave"
I will defend this episode because yo, gently caress Caitlyn Jenner, Cartman idolizing Tom Brady is hilarious, and the punchline of "you have your cake, eat it too" is loving transcendent.

18. "Go Fund Yourself"
The Washington Redskins episode. It fuckin owns.

17. "Let Go Let Gov"
Meh, but the punchline of the NSA have kidnapped Santa Claus and hooked him up to a computer and the average American just doesn't give a poo poo is pretty incisive.

This? This isn't good satire or comedy. This is limp and unfocused.

• Locked thread