Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
On one hand it would be awesome to call myself a "x cyborg." On the other hand I think that dude had missing limbs and I'd rather keep all of mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
why do you need machine learning in an iphone app

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

That game looked terrible.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Lol the last place I want wireless charging is at an airport. Why would I want to leave my phone somewhere? And if it's charging that means I can't hold it in my hand, so what am I suppose to browse/game/watch videos with my phone sitting on the table for everyone to see?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Thwomp posted:

Really, gonna call it the iPhone "ten" but market it as the iPhone X?

OS X was pronounced OS "Ten" ...

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Don Lapre posted:

First time an oled screen has ever been used in a phone. amazing

I think he said "good enough for an iPhone"

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

those two "ears" above the screen that display the time and bars looks reeeeeeeeeal dumb.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

how do i use this on halloween?

e: or at a fury con

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I wanna know 1) how fast does it take for it to authenticate, and 2) doesn't this make it easier for cops to unlock phones they shouldn't have access to?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Sir Lemming posted:

Honestly curious how it can tell the difference between a face and a mask. Assuming it's not just a cheap crappy mask. Is it all in the eyes or are they accounting for that too?

Well it's an IR camera so I would think that the ~neural network~ has been trained to recognize differences in the reflection pattern/temperature, maybe?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

aBagorn posted:

I think the size thing is a big selling point. I like having a 5+ inch screen, but i don't like holding my 6s+

Looks like the X has an even bigger screen than the + series while being a smaller form factor. That's pretty nice in my book

That cutout looks like loving poo poo :barf:

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

So when they say the screen is "5.4 inches diagonal" or whatever the number is, did they measure from corner to corner including that hideous cutout?

When the display is 16:10 AR does that include the useless cutout as well?

Or does the cutout count as "extra" in both cases

• Locked thread