Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

fishing with the fam posted:

The gently caress is that thing in the dead center? At first blush I thought it was celery filled with something, but at second glance isn't celery. So what is it?

looks like a bone split open so you can scoop out the delicious marrow.

My mom made this dish where she'd fry corn tortilla strips until they were almost, but not quite, crispy chips but she threw some eggs and chorizo in the pan and scrambled them up while they still had a bit of chewiness to them. Cheese is optional. I don't know if there is a proper name for the dish, she just called it fried tortillas and eggs. I loving love it.

The Dregs fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Sep 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Zoe posted:

I didn't see anyone answer this but these are migas and cheese is NOT optional. The meat is optional. All you need are tortilla strips and cheese and maybe a spoonful of diced green onion thrown in and then top the whole thing with hot sauce or salsa obviously.

The cheese is optional when you substitute the chorizo for bacon!

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Garcin posted:

My favorite breakfast is anything to do with chorizo. Although I love real grits biscuits and gravy.

Chorizo is excess pig parts mixed with whatever is the flavor of the day. Eggs? Beans? Rice? Whatever. It's extremely fatty and makes a transparent tortilla made with flour and lard even more transparent with the wonderful drippings of Chorizo.

Thank you for seasoned and shredded mexican pancreas and other offal.

Biscuits with chorizo gravy. You're a God damned genius.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Tumble posted:

what are you, an idiot? it is probably disgusting.

gently caress you. I'm doing this.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Jose posted:

american bacon is terrible you idiots

Despite the internet hype, it really is pretty drat good. British bacon is ham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

WatermelonGun posted:

Hey it’s cool

Eat the congee

wisdom

• Locked thread