Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Ours is an open floorplan, so the kitchen opens to the living room and front of our house.

Above the cabinets are glass storage for specialized glassware, china, large decorative pots, etc.

The island has a wood top, great for prep work. It also houses the trash/recycling in a cabinet/drawer along with the microwave and storage for small appliances like the toaster, waffle iron, etc.

The big drawers are all heavy sliders and store pots and pans.

Spice rack by the oven.

Range. This and the granite are probably the first reno project (though there's no rush at all). I'd prefer something more white/gray for the granite and I would love one of these for the range replacement. Anything bigger and the cabinets/hood would probably need to be totally redone.

The sink was improperly installed (should be flush with the granite or recessed) but I like the farmhouse apron steel. If the granite gets replaced we would have them fix the sink. Above it is a raised bar area, and in the closet to the left under the stairs is a walk-in pantry, which houses the wine rack, bar, and larger kitchen appliances like the rice cooker, food processor, etc.

Our last kitchen was a dead-ended galley with room enough for a single person and the cabinets were huge but all connected--meaning the mice sneaking into the 100+ year old place would have free rein from food to pots to plates and everything else. We like this one better :)

Phil Moscowitz fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Sep 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

atothesquiz posted:

#7 The pot filler is great but what I rarely see others have is a sink under the pot filler. It great for quickly rinsing veggies next to the stove or dumping out pasta water. It's also a great idea in case the pot filler faucet begins to leak, it's got somewhere to drain instead of flooding your stove or kitchen.

I'm a huge fan of the pot filler as well, but this mini-sink by the stovetop is just amazing. I love the quirks in your kitchen.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

I manage. I have no idea why the idea of counter space seems anathema. From seeing restaurants I think people do a lot of prep work on the floor but gently caress that.

Hahahaha...ha...:(

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Okay time for a poll, how many people store their drinking glasses right side up (like mich) as opposed to upside-down?

Bit of both, mostly upright.

• Locked thread