Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dolicf
Sep 12, 2010
Straight out of 1967, my awful kitchen that I hate and is awful:

Gross fridge with some junk on top plus literally the only work area. Top cabinets mostly house spices, baking stuff, and dishes. Bottom shelves include random poo poo like silpats, mandoline, microplane, silverware, etc.

As I have no dishwasher, nor any room for one, I have to devote roughly 20% of my counter space to a drying rack at basically all times. Luckily, the original built in oven from 1967 shat the bed within 2 months of us moving in, so we do have a new one. I hate electric, but it does the job.

Directly behind where the above image was taken is my new shelves. I can't tell you how much these shelves have improved things. There's almost no storage in the cabinets. This has made staying organized and working more efficient so much easier.

Pots & pans up top, coffee bits in the middle along with blender, spice grinders, mixer & food processor. Some drawers for random poo poo, then bowls, pressure cooker, waffle maker and finally storage for aliums, taters, and one devoted to various MODERNIST chemicals. :science:

The other rack is mostly devoted to a pantry, though I do have a bunch of liquor up top, some cookbooks down below and a few more piece of equipment at the bottom like immersion circulators, test sieves, pasta roller, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread