Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004
I love my kitchen. We bought our house a few years ago from someone who recently retired as a head carpenter for a local kitchen and bath design studio and it shows. There are a few weird quirks that if I were designing a kitchen I would not have opted for but having used them for 3 or 4 years, I'd probably add them to a new kitchen if we were to move.

Looking into the kitchen from the dining room. The cabinets in the front serve as a liquor cabinet on the right and electronics/AV on the left of the wine rack.

To the left of the door is our coffee station and trash compactor. #1 and #2 of the 'weird quirks'. The Keurig is a commercial model that's plumbed into our water line so no need to refill. While I almost never use it, except for instant hot chocolate, it's nice knowing I never have to refill it. #2 is the trash compactor. I love this thing and I'm torn on what to do when/if it breaks. Replace it with another one, put in a small beverage fridge, or put the original cabinet door back in. We use it purely for paper products, never food. We can probably go a month or two without replacing it and the brick weighs about 20-30 pounds.

#3 The sink has an insta-hot water tap which I love when making french press coffee (still need to warm it up a bit more but cuts off minutes of time).

Close up of the coffee maker and our coffee grinder.

#4 An interrupted lower counter. This non standard(?) height counter is great for leverage when rolling out dough or doing other leverage oriented kitchen tasks. Great height for chopping as well.

Not a huge fan of the kitchenaid fridge. It suffered the same problem most of them do where water backs up behind the freezer causing it to leak out on to the floor. I've since fixed this but it's a poor design.

#5 Pot filler. loving love it. I also love the stove and would definitely recommend it to anyone but more on that below. The hood actually works great too and exhausts to the exterior instead of running up and through the microwave back into the kitchen.

#6 It's a gas stove, but it's electric? It's both! Gas range and electric oven. But wait, there's more! It's a double oven, an actual double oven. Not an oven with a lower warming drawer but two actual ovens. The lower drawer oven actually gets up and past 450F so baking a casserole down there while something larger is above is not a problem.

#7 The pot filler is great but what I rarely see others have is a sink under the pot filler. It great for quickly rinsing veggies next to the stove or dumping out pasta water. It's also a great idea in case the pot filler faucet begins to leak, it's got somewhere to drain instead of flooding your stove or kitchen.

I also like Le Creuset pots. Like, a lot. Here are two dutch ovens and a sauce pot. In another drawer we have 3 more different size braisers as well. Don't worry though, I have a few regular cast iron pans as well for general use/high temp searing.

I also love their cast iron casserole dishes too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004
Upside down with the exception for glass and stemware in our corner display cabinet.

• Locked thread