Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

attackmole posted:

One round a piece?

I think so but Alvarez looks better overall so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

2-2 and Golovmin looks like he's decided Cinnamon can't hurt him.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Alvarez looks very good but physically inferior imo

Just not as strong, accurate, or long

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Canelo looking a bit desperate now. He's getting beaten up and run around. Whiffing a lot with that right

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Troy Queef posted:

and then he lands a good RH

Yeah like exactly as I hit submit. Overall still holds though

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Hot drat this is badass

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Skip My Posts posted:

i think he is losing but i'm iimpressed with canelo

For sure. Both guys seem to think they need the knockout here by the way they're going at it

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Golovkin clearly won but a lot of close rounds and Canelo looked fantastic

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

8-4 is how I had it myself

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I said it after Ward Kov but every time I give boxing another chance it spits in my face. Great fight though

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

gtkor posted:

Its not like a Canelo card was impossible, even like a 116-112 wouldnt be totally bonkers

WHich loving 8 (!) Rounds could Alvarez even remotely be said to have won?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

gtkor posted:

I think I may not have typed it out right, but the point I was going for was that Canelo would start the rounds quicker because he recovered between rounds better than an older GGG. There wasn't much doubt Canelo was feeling the pressure GGG provided during the rounds.

Had Canelo 1,3,5,11,12 myself

He came out throwing and then stopped cause he was gassing every round

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Marching Powder posted:

canelo did great for three rounds but faded really quick. he actually did worse than i expected. jacobs would beat him.

What were you expecting? I didn't think he had the ability to ward Golovkin away from his ribs and was going to get pummeled and finished. He proved much tougher and more evasive in exchanges than I expected and much more able to time Golovkin.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Marching Powder posted:

Those things would have happened if he hadn't been on his bike for 9 or 10 entire rounds.

That's not really an answer, and I don't think it's true. Had he been more agressive or tried to stake ground in the center, Golovkin would have eventually worn him down and finished him. Running away is a lot less tiring than fighting it out and he gassed as is.

So what were you expecting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Marching Powder posted:

A closer fight.

Ok I guess. I was just interested in what you thought Canelo had for Golovkin that he didn't show besides being nonspecifically better. Based on what I'd seen of him before I thought just going the distance was overachieving

• Locked thread