Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Name: Stårn
Additional skills: Butterfly Beastmaster, Timing +25
HP: 3
Glory: 27-> 29 (from Sucy's Glory payments) -> 30

Stårn looked upon the horde voting with some concern. It seemed like they were coming out ahead, but the vote was still precarious. And a good Siege, he knew, couldn't be left to precarious odds. He stroked his chin. What should he do? What would a true Sieger do? His eyes traversed the grounds, until they happened upon something he liked.

The nailbound. Of course!

Sure, they were just sitting there, passively. Dull and of dubious quality they were. But a Sieger knew that often what you needed was numbers. Bodies to surround your enemy with, bodies to man the walls. And just so as it happens, bodies were the exact thing you needed in a vote, too.

"Nailbound!", he yelled, "I, Captain Stårn of Siege Team Six, ORDER you to vote for Öxnyard!"

He smirked at his brilliant plot. Democracy truly was a bit like sieging, wasn't it?

Maybe he should try his hand at politics when this was all over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Right right, closing votes. Update coming ~soonish~

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Starn posted:

"Nailbound!", he yelled, "I, Captain Stårn of Siege Team Six, ORDER you to vote for Öxnyard!"

Jo snapped to attention. "Sir, yes, sir! Voting for Öxnyard, sir!"

Why did he say that? He already voted for Oxnyard. Weird.

He shrugged and scratched his head. It was itchy and sore for some reason. Hopefully that would get better eventually. Maybe he'd go ask Doc or one of the other medical professionals for a diagnosis?

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Öx

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hahaha I cannot get over Hob being just so thrilled with everything now, it's great.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I finished catching up on this wonderful game and I'd like to join! I'm following Prince of Space's instructions from page 38.

Name: Waesh
Portrait: A5
Skill: Piracy, Grappling - from the mook
Mook: row 101 on the Glory Count page
HP: 3/3 (thanks, prince of space!)
Glory: 0 -> 1
Item Claim: +1 Swordcane and a Tuned Shield.
Backstory: Waesh loved the high seas. He'd never been, but he'd certainly read a lot of adventure novels, and that's good enough, right? Surely no-one will be able to tell the difference if he lets out an 'aaaaar' or 'keelhaul em!'.

Just setting up the character, as votes are closed for now.

Captainicus fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Dec 31, 2017

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Captainicus posted:

I finished catching up on this wonderful game and I'd like to join! I'm following Prince of Space's instructions from page 38.

Welcome aboard, matey! :yarr:

Just so everyone knows, :siren: you start at full HP when you roll up a new character! :siren: Any missing health gets taken from the other available mooks at character creation.

(I may have forgotten to add that into the instructions, I'll go check/fix that now!)

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

The debate was surprisingly heated, with a consensus that had Grimper frowning in dismay. “Why do I even ask you where we're going… but the point is well taken. Nostra can hold itself at high alert for a while longer - let the fear of our coming simmer their bones in terror! They'll be prepared for us, at this rate, but their nerves will fray to the breaking point in anticipation… and while they're waiting for us to go right, we'll go left. We are, after all, THE! UNEXPECTABLE! HOOOORDE!” He paused for a cheer, which he received with abundance, then told them to pack up. The Horde scrambled, excited to finally get out of this drat town - it was pretty thoroughly conquered at this point, and they lusted after bigger and better things. Though it was perhaps unnecessary at this point, several particularly clever Hordemates systematically programmed the Nailed populace to disregard any attempts to free them, to actively impede investigation, to… so on and so forth, until the targets simply went into standby until the Horde left town. It would be nearly impossible to interrogate them for useful information now, and by the time it was possible, the Horde would be long gone.

Despite their extended leave, a few members of the Horde couldn’t help themselves from trying to squeeze in a few more battle preparations. Starn the Sieger tried in vain to prepare some munitions for his new creation, but Magda swatted him in the back of the head and told him to load up the wagons. Grumbling, he limped away - but at least his Sieging Accessories were ready to go! Marra and Splut took their last few spare seconds to scour the already picked-over battlefield for a knife… and found one, tucked into an awkwardly twisted boot.

---
While people crowded around the changed Dekatö Ringo, Sucy the Mushroom Farmer prudently snagged the Vault Key. They weren’t going to be staying long enough for the thing to reset, and they sure as hell didn’t want those Fröman sons of bitches to mix up a batch of whatever Ringo was. Before she pulled it, she allowed the room to be thoroughly scoured for… leftovers. Not everyone had survived - if those weird-rear end scars could be called survivial - and there was no sense wasting equipment or Skillcores. Snödis found something unexpected, too. Cradled in the ashes of an old and brittle body, a tiny child-thing. Grani... or perhaps, now, Babi? At any rate, they couldn’t leave it there. They all left without another word, and when the key was pulled the gate snapped itself shut once more. A small notice lingered just out of Ringo’s field of vision, no matter how he turned his head. It looked like it said R̵̨̧͝͞E̵̡̢͘Ş̸̧̕͡E҉̕͝͝T̷̴̢͟ ̕͞I̢̨͏N̸͢ ́P̢̕͢R͜Ớ̕G͞R̴҉̡҉͡E̢̨͟͡͠S̸͢͝͏S̶̀̕͟͜. He shook his head to clear it, and it collapsed into a tiny icon. Strange.

(Bamboo gains Poor Decision Making, Qwag gains Spinning +30, and Mooks gain Swimming and Smithing! Also Verika gains a Scarf!)

---
Flutter’s hardened cocoon snapped open with a creak like a falling tree, revealing a half-mad, insectoid face. The Breakerfly’s eyes flickered with a dull echo of the Warlord's power, and its vocalizations sounded uncannily like a distorted growl straight from The Warlord's mouth. It slid its way free and consumed the husk messily, then fluttered its brilliant wings to dry them. What a beast! It was easily twice the size as before, strong enough to carry a rider, now. The flaming ichor leaking from vents along its back was a slight concern, but that could be worked around with the proper saddle. What a sight! It wheeled and rattled like an old machine, but it's movements were powerful, if slightly erratic. Its wings left traces of glowing pink motes of fire, and the Horde spent a pleasant few minutes watching it caper and hunt… until the Warlord came up behind then and cleared his throat. “What in the world did you feed that thing? Is that… hey, you scamps, that used to be my Gauntlet Harmonizer! I thought it had been broken in the attack, but here I find you've fed it to a bug! Well, no helping it now - it's already been incorporated - but keep an eye on that thing. Little bastards are half wild to begin with, and I can't imagine eating something like that is going to be great for its temperament… or its lifespan! Good luck - and get back to work!”

(Ran out of space on the card, but you can keep feeding it Glory to further evolve it… maybe. Flutter the Breakerfly acts as a passive item that allows access to Flying, but it can be actively used to ranged attack, in which case it will roll a 1d100 + Horde's Glory. On an odd number, the forces will be too much for it, and kill it. Won't be too pretty for the person riding it either, but they'll get a chance to react!)

---
Zapanda let herself be lead back to her wagon, satisfied to at least have found an opportunity to continue her research. Suddenly, she caught a glimpse of Hob and stopped short, pulling against her handlers. Hadn't he? Impossible! She opened her mouth to call out to him, but her Nailbound captor pulled her along inexorably. She shook her head again. Impossible. A cure would not fall into her lap like this, not here. Not now. No, better not to hope… but neither would she turn away from evidence of it presented itself. Next time they were hurt, next time she was free, she'd check on her suspicions.

(Zapanda REALLY wants to talk to Hob! Also she just can’t WAIT for Gado to take those experimental drugs!)

---
Humbug’s accusation shook the Horde - those that were listening, at any rate. Doc was conspicuously absent, ostensibly busy elsewhere… but Grimper wasn’t. He considered the evidence carefully, tapping his finger against his lips. ”...We need all hands on deck. While you make a compelling case, your evidence is circumstancial. War is a messy business, and our enemies were extraordinarily precise. Could you tell me with absolute certainty that core removal was post-mortem? That Agenou’s men, hopped up on his magic, couldn’t have sliced it out as some sick game? Granted, the bone spears are a particularly egregious hint at malfeasance, but perhaps she worked with what she had? Now, I’m sure you were quite thorough, but I don’t have time to hold court.” He tapped Humbug on the shoulder paternally, then moved to leave Humbug felt as much as saw lines of text crawl across his vision as the Warlord touched him: KEEP ON HER I DON’T NEED TRAITORS BUT WE CANNOT AFFORD A CIVIL WAR IN OUR RANKS IF SHE PERSISTS KILL HER and made his way back to Agenou’s corpse.

---
A few moments later, the Warlord returned, bedecked in stolen armor. It didn’t fit, and it was covered in the Commander’s blood, but that just made it all the more fearsome. “Alright, you maggots! Let’s move out! For some fool reason, you bastards think that heading to Öxnyard - nice move with the Nailbound, Sieger, hilarious poo poo - is a prudent course of action! We are, of course, simply wasting our time, and allowing our foe to prepare! Well, they were always going to outnumber us, and they were always going to be ready for us! Let’s go after their beasts of war and turn them against their masters! Let’s go after their places of leisure, and turn them into charnel houses!” With a mighty roar, the Unexpectables charged out of Fostis for the last time!

(Jeez, I hope so!)

---
Naturally, the journey to Öxnyard was fraught with not some little peril. The Horde was marching openly now, the time for secrecy long past. The path to the Great Stables - and subsequently Noostra - was a long one, a march of many days, and the Horde would have to alternate guard shifts to ensure people remained in tip top shape when they arrived. The Warlord allowed them to array themselves as they wished, but loving around was to be kept to a minimum. They all needed to stay alert.
    1. What shift did you take? There’s limited contact between shifts, and divisions are strictly enforced to avoid distraction. Along with this shift, give me a roll. Your highest roll is probably fine - we'll be handwaving some of the encounters, but having a roll from you will make it easier.
  • a. First
  • b. Second
  • c. Third
It was tempting to rush, but pacing themselves was equally important. After all, they were almost out of Rations, even with clever… ration-ing. It wouldn’t do to arrive there hungry. But the faster they got there, the greater the surprise, and the less time their foe in Noostra would have to prepare, even with this sidetrip.
[HORDE VOTE]
    2. How hard do you push yourselves?
  • a. Slow Pace
  • b. Normal Pace
  • c. Fast Pace [at least 1 Extra Ration consumed!]
  • d. Breakneck Pace [at least 2 Extra Rations consumed!]
There was trouble to find out there, but also resources. They had no way of knowing how much of the Fröman populace had been warned of their presence, or even how much the individual towns were on war footing - this was, after all, somewhat far from the actual battle lines. A few raids or scouting parties along the way wouldn’t be a terrible idea...
[HORDE VOTE]
    3. Do you explore or raid the countryside?
  • a. Raid Towns
  • b. Explore Along Path
  • c. Explore Wide Area
  • d. Raid and Explore
  • e. ALWAYS BE RAIDING RAID ALL THEIR HOUSES BREAK ALL THEIR poo poo
Finally, while they were always looking over their shoulders, living off the land, and fretting over what they might find… they had unrestricted access to a Grimper all hopped up on bloodlust. He’d probably be willing to talk…[HORDE VOTE]
    4. What do you bug Grimper about now!?
  • a. Some BOLDED text [Minor Annoyance]
  • b. His Past [Some Annoyance]
  • c. The Queen’s Death [Large Annoyance]
  • d. State Secrets [Why]
The Unexpectables were on the road!

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Feb 1, 2018

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Name: Waesh
Skills: Piracy, Grappling
HP: 3/3
Glory: 1->2

Considering his options amongst his fellows on a course of action, Waesh pushes for a quick pace, with a bit of raiding on the side. "What be the point of being a conscript proud soldier if ye don't help yerself to some booty now and again? We move quick and gather some plunder on the way, mateys, 'specially if we can find some more grub! Ye can never have enough grub. Remind the Frö that nowhere is safe from The Unexpectables!"

2) c. - Quick Pace
3) a. - Raid Towns

---

Some time later, he volunteers to take the first watch. "Just means I can drink later into the night for a purpose, instead of just for fun!" he says, with a knowing wink.
1) a. - First Watch
Waesh taking the first watch 1d100+2 = 100

Captainicus fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Dec 31, 2017

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Name: Portha
Skills: Rummaging, Cleaning, Imagining (in use)
Glory: 12

1 A Portha volunteered for first watch; better to go to bed late every night than get woken up halfway through the night (unless of course the enemy attacked but there was no helping that).
1d100+12=90

After finishing her shift the first night she grabbed a pen and paper and decided to write home to her family before going to bed.

Dear Porth the 4th, the Unimaginative,

Hey bro, read any good books lately? Been wondering what dry old story you planned on ripping off for your next bestselling novel. I'm doing fine, can't say much about what's been going on because the Warlord might get mad but things have been great so far. Got injured in a fight but I'm feeling better now. Don't tell mom and dad, they'll just worry; just tell them I'm ok.

Found a skillcore you might like. I'll see about having it removed and shipped over to you once I find a replacement that matches my own. Would've sent you some Sonior ink for your manuscripts but I needed the rock to make poison with. Again, don't tell mom and dad, they don't need to know I've been working with dangerous chemicals.

Your sister,
Portha

2 C
3 B
4 B - "What were your skills before the army made you a Warlord?

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Oh hey! Have a portrait!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!
Skill: Digging (+35), Climbing (+10)
HP: 1/2
Glory: 4->5
Mutation Countdown: [x] [x] [ ]

Gado's mood perks up a bit as the news finally comes out that the horde will be moving on, the last few days had been rough, but the mind numbing, surprisingly rhythmic after the recent core acquisitions, march was at least something to do that took the Digger's mind off of the fever running through his body.

When watch rotations come into discussion, Gado volunteers for the first shift, he hauls himself on top of the wagons or other nearby tall standing locations and scans the horizon for any potential foes.

With what's to come Gado isn't exactly primed for casual resting, but he needed to be prepared to bolt away from the Horde at any moment. Gado had some level of trust that Zapanda wanted to see her research actually bear fruit and wasn't trying to sabotage him, but the risk of betrayal was there and he wouldn't risk the other's safety.

quote:

1 First- Gado Climbs up on top of something to keep an eye out 47
2 B
3 A

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Cause
HP
3/3

Skill: Archeology, Balance
Glory 6->7

Cause tried to ignore Starn's howls of victory as the siege leader soared maniacally above. He could have sworn he saw the bug writhe with some strange magic. From the way the it wiggled and... bubbled... he couldn't help but think the thing was close to destruction even now.

1B http://orokos.com/roll/580367 = 57
2C
3C
4B Did you have any hobbies, before you became a terrifying juggernaut of destruction?

We're too busy marching to take an action, right? How many rations do we have left?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

\ \

Name: Verika
HP: 2/2
Skills: Perception (active), Keen Sight, Sniping
Equipment: Fröman Cuirass (+1), Iron Shield, Arrow Flatpack, Ornate Bowharp (+2), Fostis Ale
Cosmetics: Nail and Fist Token, Agenou's Cape Sash, Sikatris Scarf
Glory: 7 -> 8
Ritual Chits: 14 -> 16 (artwork bonus)

The Road to Öxnyard: Verika was glad to be on the move again, ready to put some miles between herself and the foreboding mountain peaks of Fostis. She'd met madness there, somewhere deep within those mines, and she'd broken through her ego's death and into a new existence: a second chance. She'd sat down at the Vile Mechanism and lived to tell the tale, reborn anew as Verika the Perceiver.

Ever since, her eyes and ears had been acting strangely - seeing glimmers and hearing whispers of things that might not necessarily be there...

It had been several days since she'd been completely dematerialized and recomposed by the Old Guys' Vile Mechanism, and Verika was already starting to lose that pervading sense of disorientation that comes with near-death experiences. There was something about traveling as a horde that truly helped to put her mind at ease. Putting one foot in front of the other was all she needed to do for now - the rest would fall into place. She had faith in her leaders and her team.

When it came time to assign night watch duties, Verika stepped forward, volunteering herself for the second shift. She was ready to put her newfound Perceptions to good use in the dead of the night.

1B Taking Second Watch Shift: 1d100+17 98

As the Horde marched, Verika felt a rush and a thrill building, like the mounting pressure of excitement before a spark kindles into a flame. They were truly marching into war! There wasn't a need to slow down. The faster they marched, the faster they could take their opponents by surprise and take everything they needed from their countryside. Rations were no issue if they stood to capture more down the road!

2C

The same mentality applied to Verika's next decision. When asked about how the army should seek out local resources, Verika opted to both raid the towns and explore the area, so as to maximize their reconnaissance of the region.

3D

When it really came down to it, what Verika wanted to hear about from Grimper most was what the Regency Council's commands for Grimper actually are.

4A - Regency Council

E: Rolling for Börk's Listening skillcore:
Skillcore Roll: Listening: 1d100 1 Whoops! Let's try that again...
Skillcore Roll: Listening (thanks Luck's Fickle Gaze!): 1d100 20

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jan 3, 2018

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
Humbug's been hard at work gathering information. Here are (almost all, surely) the bolded words of relevance, with reference links for the curious. Vote for whichever option tickles your fancy.

Notables Tö and Frö

Bolded words

• Algorhythms (Old Guy language)
  • Breaking
  • Commander Sikatris (Grimper background - irritation danger)
  • Cornichon the East Wind (Enemy Commander)
  • Corona (related to the fire inside Commanders and Warlords)
  • Corrupt Ritual
  • Esprit (something within everyone, but Commanders and Warlords especially so)
  • Gauntlet Harmonizer
  • Jaune the Wall (Enemy Commander)
  • Madmist (dangerous with Wendigoes?)
  • Morrskag Forest
  • Neötype Squadron
  • Noostra
  • no PART OF HER WOULD SURVIVE IN THIS SHITHOLE EXISTENCE! (Grimper background - irritation danger)
  • Olivite
  • Olivite Pin
  • Öxnyard
  • Regency Council
  • Skelivanch
  • Smith
  • something better (mystery reward for killing Commander Sikatris)
  • something unforgiveable (Grimper background - irritation danger)
  • Thumbscrew
  • Unexpectable Horde
  • Wendigos (Lesser Wendigo, Branded Wendigo), ???)

Answered or Made Moot

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Name: Jö, the Nailed Fostis Butcher
Skills: Butchery (CD), Impatience (Using)
HP:3/3
Glory: 1 > 2
Roll Modifiers: -10 all rolls, Must obey all orders
Items:
-Shield of Meat (free Fostis caravan, iron shield as stand in)
-Drum (Battle loot)

Jö was concerned. He keep getting told to do things and kept doing them, even the small, humiliating things nobody wanted to be done! He knew he wasn't a pushover, like ÃmÎ or Frëd, but something kept making him do this when he heard an order.

"Hey Jö, take 3rd watch!" screamed a nameless* hordeling. That made his headache worse, because suddenly he became incredibly fatigued and fainted upon his bedroll as soon as they had stopped for the day. And woke up exactly at the start of 3rd watch with no prompting.

* Feel free to make yourself named, random poster, by adding in a Jö order for this
His head hurt.

Taking 3rd watch: 1d100-10+10+1: 63 [1d100=62

Between his headache and his impatience to get started on the day he managed to keep awake well enough during 3rd watch, but had never been very good at spotting things. He was a butcher, he did close up work!

He really needed a doctor to look at his poor head.

He called over to The Medical Cart. "Hey guys, can you look at my head? It feels weird and hurts! Gryph, Doc, Zapanda, Grag? I could use some help, maybe?"

------------

Votes:****
1. C- Rolled 62
2. C
3. E - ABC: Always Be Carnaging
4. A- Madmist

****Feel free to order Jö to vote differently :v:
But the rolled 3rd watch has to stay, obviously

Slaan fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Dec 31, 2017

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Name: Ringo!
HP: 4/4
Glory: 20>21
Skill: Pigilante Justice(using), Ventriloquism, Whistling+15
Hotswap Skillcores: Kissing, Cross Stitching, Accuracy, Bee Keeping, Lifting +15, Lockpicking, Firestarting, Weaving +15, Avoiding Notice
Other: Rolls 10d100, may optionally reroll lowest

Ringo strode alongside the rest of the horde. It was strange; he didn't feel much taller, but he found himself taking one stride to others' two or three. He glanced around at the passing terrain - [FLOWER, PEONY][WIND 5MPH SSW][AIR TEMPERATURE 68F] - letting the messages filter in under his eyes

It was going to take some getting used to.

All the same, he kept a quick pace, and hoped that the others could as well. They had spent a lot of time at Fostis, and they needed to make up some of it.

Even with the quick pace, he encouraged the others and himself to range out at scour the immediate countryside for supplies and enemies. No sense in getting ambushed during the day, either.

Whenever they set up camp, Ringo stood up for Second Watch. It was likely the most dangerous: First Watch would be tired, Third would be sleeping. And if the enemy timed it right, Second would be just waking up. Any boarish villain would be angling for that sweet spot. Every night, he sat in the shadows, barely moving or making a sound.

---
1: Second Watch Second Watch (Pigilante Justice Style): 10d100+10+20 644 Rerolled Lowest: 624
2. C, Fast Pace
3. Raid and Explore
4. *shrug*

I didn't see that I can reroll my lowest. Rerolling 23
Second Watch (Pigilante Justice Style) Lowest (23) Reroll: 1d100 3 yeahhhh

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Dec 31, 2017

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Glory: 30 -> 31

"Siege Team Six takes first watch!", yelled Stårn from the back of his glorious new steed, epaulettes gleaming. Not like it really mattered, after all. As per their on-march activities, raiding was by far the most important. The Siege Team needed ammunition, and the butterfly something to help it pace itself and not explode. Something akin to the drums they now had, but more specialized.

Hm, yes, that sounded good.

But that was for later. For now, he had some aerial scouting to do.

Siege Team Six does NOT take +10 regardless of the order because we are not in combat yet, but I'd rather us be in one place so that I can give you that +10 if we get ambushed during our watch.
1: 1st watch Flying on top of my MIGHTY STEED: 1d100+45=77
2: B, Normal Pace
3: A, Raid Towns
4: A, Madmist

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Potrait:

Naim: Mason
Skillz: Mason Hootin' an' Hollerin' +15 Mason MasonryMasonFlailing +25
HeeP: Mason Mason Mason
Glury: Masonx20 -> 21

"Seege Tame Sex, heh? Eye laik de sownd ef dat!"

1. Hootin' and Hollerin' at FIRST WATCH: 1d100+35 99
2: B, Normal Pace
3: A, Raid Towns
4: A, Madmist

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Dec 31, 2017

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Cosmetic:

Name: Hob

HP 2/2

Glory: 1>2

Ritual Glory : 2

Skill: Singing (using), Contortion

With the emergence of the breakerfly, Hob felt conflicted. On the one hand, it was magnificent! On the other, it's rider was nail bound, horribly mind wiped by Grimper himself, and the butterfly's power was potentially dangerous to it. "Hey Starn, maybe if it eats the warlord skull it will get tough enough to survive its power?"

Anyway, time to go see...No time to talk to Zapanda, they were off!

No one seemed to be in a rush to take the Third watch so Hob dutifully signed up, seeing if anyone he knew would join him. Thanks to the Mushbrewm, he zonked out immediately, waking up refreshed and ready for the watch. He sat, ready to Sing out a note of warning to awaken the horde: 1d100+10+5+1 79+1=80 if need be.

Remembering the slight delay that led to the wendigoes being released, Hob voted to 2.d take a breakneck pace. They could make up for the lost rations by raiding along the way, getting food. 3.e that had the added benefit of drawing attention to themselves, maybe drawing out another commander.

Not enough time on the march to track down another hive, not that he really know where to start. To be honest, it was easier now not to think about the loss of his core. Magda had said that if you took on a skillcore, you took on aspects of another's personality. So what did they mean when you lost yours?

Thankfully, Grimper seemed cheerful, up for questions.
Checking none of the nail bound were nearby, Hob piped up.

"You said before about how you broke free of nail magics, and killed the nailer so "NO PART OF HER WOULD SURVIVE". If we were nailed by the enemy, how could we be like you and break free?"

First watch, Hob spied , one of the new recruits. Sitting nearby, Hob spoke to him "hey , right? order- so not treat anything I say after this as an order. Anyway, how are things? Welcome to the horde! Enjoying it so far?"

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jan 1, 2018

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Glory: 30 -> 31

WereGoat posted:

With the emergence of the breakerfly, Hob felt conflicted. On the one hand, it was magnificent! On the other, it's rider was nail bound, horribly mind wiped by Grinper himself, and the butterfly's power was potentially dangerous to it. "Hey Starn, maybe if it eats the warlord skull it will get tough enough to survive its power?"

Stårn looked down from his butterfly upon being called by Hob, and gave the man a thumbs up.

"Haha", he stated, "That is a good idea! An excellent idea, in fact! And don't worry", Stårn's face twisted into the most serious, teacherlike form he could manage as he lifted a finger, "Because just like you don't use a rickety Siege Engine for fear it will collapse upon you before you've made sure its safe, this Breakerfly too shall be secured before unleashed."

"But after it is?", Stårn patted the thing affectionately, "It will be a terror to behold for sure."

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Extra Skillcore: Fashion +25
HP: 3/3 (2 wire)
Glory: 17-18
Ignomity: -6
Ritual Glory: 1
Hoarded Glory: 0

Snödis took point, marching at a fast pace, waving the Unexpectable Banner around as if to guide the Horde. She would take the third pass on the logic that Babï would be keeping her up that late anyway, and greatly encouraged raiding the countryside until nothing was left but dust and the footprints of their passing, - Babï would need to eat after all.

When the pace inevitably slowed down, she was amongst the voices clamoring for information on The War At Large. She knew why they were fighting, of course, everyone did. But the how?, the where? and really, the who?, were still mostly a mystery kept to those higher in the chain of command.

Generic Marching Roll: 1d100+17-6 = 98

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Can we feed glory to Bäbï like we can with Flutter?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Skills: Butchery (CD), Impatience (Using)
HP:3/3
Glory: 1 > 2
Roll Modifiers: -10 all rolls
Must obey all orders: Immune to orders from Hob
Items:
-Shield of Meat (free Fostis caravan, iron shield as stand in)
-Drum (Battle loot)

Jö jumped with a start, someone was talking to him. He was rolling out his kit to bed down. The sooner he slept, the more sack-time he'd have before 3rd watch started. He was used to early mornings- he normally got up before sunrise to do the day's meat cuts. Most of his customers came in before work, after all. They had small cuts to prepare for lunches and prime meats to marinate for dinner!

WereGoat posted:

First watch, Hob spied , one of the new recruits. Sitting nearby, Hob spoke to him "hey , right? order- so not treat anything I say after this as an order. Anyway, how are things? Welcome to the horde! Enjoying it so far?"

"Sir, yes sir! No more orders from you ever again, sir!"

Wait, why was he standing at attention and saluting? Weird. The whole last few days had been really, really weird. He was going to Oxynard to pick up some new stock to slaughter; normally there aren't so many heading there.

"I'm doing pretty ok. My butchery has been growing slowly but surely. Soon, I think I'll have enough profits saved up to send my little'uns to school. Can't have them being butchers, no siree! It's good, honest work but I'm sure being a scribe for the mining company or an accountant for the merchants would be an easier and more profitable life. All my life goes towards them, you know?

Anyways, what is this "horde" thing? Is it your slang for this trading caravan we're in? The medical guys over there are real nice and sound like they do treatments for free, and the "Neotypes" are real hungry customers. I could talk to them for days about choice meats. I just kept following you guys because, uh, because.....?

My head hurts"

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Slaan posted:

"I'm doing pretty ok. My butchery has been growing slowly but surely. Soon, I think I'll have enough profits saved up to send my little'uns to school. Can't have them being butchers, no siree! It's good, honest work but I'm sure being a scribe for the mining company or an accountant for the merchants would be an easier and more profitable life. All my life goes towards them, you know?

Anyways, what is this "horde" thing? Is it your slang for this trading caravan we're in? The medical guys over there are real nice and sound like they do treatments for free, and the "Neotypes" are real hungry customers. I could talk to them for days about choice meats. I just kept following you guys because, uh, because.....?

My head hurts"

It was worse than he realised. Well. Noggins had been there for Hob when he thought he was dying. Snodis had treated him like a normal Töan when he Wendigoed. And now Hob would try and be there for Jo as he went through this.

"Ah, yeah, maybe you don't remember, but you were conscripted? You volunteered for the army? Kind of. Well, it's... Yeah, your head will hurt for a bit, just... Look you are still good, you can go back to your family after, maybe even make some money you can take back, spoils of War and all that."

He patted Jo on the back.

"It'll take some getting used to, but take time like this when there's not as much going on to get your head around it. When we get where we're going there will be fighting, and it'll be scary, but you'll be fine."

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

Cosmetics:

Skill 2: Amputation
Skill 3: Spinning+30
HP: 1/1
Glory 15

Problem: Many eyes with which to watch, but an inefficient vision arc!
Solution: Spinning! Qwäg finds a high perch and rotates with eerie grace, her fuschia glow washing over the darkened camp in waves like an eldritch lighthouse.

1. C -- Third Watch: 274!
2. C – Fast Pace
3. D – Raid and Explore
4. A – Madmist

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Noggins
Skillcores: Carpentry, Precision, Aiming
Glory: 38->39
Ritual Glory: 4

It felt good to be on a proper march again. Sure, hauling the wagons was a pain in the rear end--one that the spoils of Öxnyard would hopefully put an end to--but it had been a while since they'd had a proper march into the relative unknown. The journey from Fostis to Nägel had been a mad dash, and on the way back they'd been more or less relaxing, knowing that they were heading somewhere they'd already conquered. Although in retrospect, with the way Agenou had shown up, that had probably been a pretty poor idea. Best to stay alert, even though the fast pace of their march wore her out--though not as bad as much of the rest of the Horde.

She'd really have liked to have spent more time with Hob, but she had responsibilities to her squad, and it seemed like the general consensus of the Order had been to take the somewhat more difficult second shift, and so she found herself trying her level best to match Ringo's super-Töan pace and encourage the others to do the same. Some small, selfish part of her cried out that it wasn't fair that he had achieved such heights, but she squelched it. Nobody could deny that Ringo had served admirably and taken terrifying risks in the course of his duty or argue that he wasn't taking his newfound power seriously. Even if she would never match up, she had something concrete to strive for now, a goal to pursue. She nodded to the Dekatö as he glanced her way, almost as though he sensed her thoughts. It was that kind of pursuit that made life really worth living.

Marching: 1d100+38 122

quote:

1. Second Shift
2. C
3. D
4. B - Pre-Warlord Grimper.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Squad: Infiltration
Skill: Sleuthing +20 (used), Watching (using).
Glory: 7 ----> 8

CourValant posted:

"Perhaps we can still help each other out, professional courtesy and all that?"

"Of course. If you want help with anything just ask - nothing I've given you so far has, frankly, cashed in your retainer. Besides, you have some leeway since, well... Queen Reina's murder. I'd hate leaving that kind of a mystery unsolved."

The Sleuth tipped his hat and left to present Doc's case.

Dog Kisser posted:

”...We need all hands on deck. While you make a compelling case, your evidence is circumstancial. War is a messy business, and our enemies were extraordinarily precise. Could you tell me with absolute certainty that core removal was post-mortem? That Agenou’s men, hopped up on his magic, couldn’t have sliced it out as some sick game? Granted, the bone spears are a particularly egregious hint at malfeasance, but perhaps she worked with what she had? Now, I’m sure you were quite thorough, but I don’t have time to hold court.” He tapped Humbug on the shoulder paternally, then moved to leave and made his way back to Agenou’s corpse.

"I suppose," said Humbug, more resigned than outright upset at Grimper's conclusion - he'd expected Doc might get off with a light slap on the wrist, after all. The Sleuth's eyes widened and he cut a grimace when the warlord's giant hand brushed his shoulders, both at the uncommon gesture and its side effects. He stared after the departing Warlord, then shook his head and shrugged at the Töans who'd born witness to his failure to accuse Doc of wrongdoing. Humbug might not be happy with that lackluster conclusion, but Grimper had made his call and the Sleuth couldn't question it. Not today. Not when Doc was needed.

Sore, but not surprised, he headed off to secure his belongings and prepare for the march ahead. Watchful eyes would also be needed - and his new skillcore ought do the trick!

Choices:

1A - The First Shift
2C - Fast Pace
3D - Raid & Explore
4 - Ask about Madmist

Be very watchful 1d100+17+10 (order) 82

Scribbleykins fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 2, 2018

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

WereGoat posted:

It was worse than he realised. Well. Noggins had been there for Hob when he thought he was dying. Snodis had treated him like a normal Töan when he Wendigoed. And now Hob would try and be there for Jo as he went through this.

"Ah, yeah, maybe you don't remember, but you were conscripted? You volunteered for the army? Kind of. Well, it's... Yeah, your head will hurt for a bit, just... Look you are still good, you can go back to your family after, maybe even make some money you can take back, spoils of War and all that."

He patted Jo on the back.

"It'll take some getting used to, but take time like this when there's not as much going on to get your head around it. When we get where we're going there will be fighting, and it'll be scary, but you'll be fine."

"Oh, making money and fighting? I can do that. Bar brawls are a good habit of mine. Me boys and I get into a bit of a dust-up nearly every weekend at the bar down near the mines. Them miner boys think they are tougher than us townies, but we show them right for!" Jö laughed. "Glad to talk to you. Don't know why you are talking about armies and conscription though. Hasn't happened here in Fostis since, well... a long time!"

He felt a sharp pain in his forehead.

"I better go lie down. My head hurts a bit. Good night Mr. Hob"

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Marra

Glory: 4
Skillcore: Backstabbing, Timing, Performing
Notes: Slinkellomas Immune, Sharp Knife 'just in case'.

Marra balances the knife experimentally. It will take a little getting used to, but it's definitely an upgrade. She decides to keep her old knife around for now. In case of emergency - and because having a nondescript weapon to use can be...sometimes useful.

Hearing about Humbug's accusations and Grimper's apparent willingness to turn a blind eye, Marra makes a note that Humbug's probably going to an issue in case she finds herself having...disagreements with her hordemates. And that making sure that she's never alone with Doc might be good life advice going forward.

As for the march itself...she takes whichever watch Splut does. She has an idea she wants to run by him.
1.d (whatever Splut does).
Watch roll=78

She's fine with a fast march.
2.c

When it comes to the prospect of scouting & raiding, however, she asks for Splut's input on her idea.

'Boss...captain...whatever, I had an idea. I was looking around and most of us have taken a bunch of stuff from Agenou's horde. Why don't we send out disguised scouting forces as 'retreating survivors' and see if we can spread misinformation about how many of us there are & where we're going? We might even get them to give us information, supplies...maybe even get them to turn over 'enemy sympathisers' to recruit! Or actual volunteers, but we might need to stab or Nail those guys. What do you think?'
Maybe Grimper will go for it if he hears it from a Captain.

3.f Operation Look Over There! (Disguised scouting/'requisitioning'/misinformation campaign).

As for Grimper, she decides she'll just stay under his radar for now. She might listen in if he does start talking, but she's not too picky on what he says.

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.

Name: Neebs
Skill(s): Sales (+15), Drinking (+10)
Glory: 1 + 1 posting glory => 2

Third Shift Neebs didn't have any particular preference when it came time to pick/join watch groups...so she chose the group that seemed to have the least people. It was only after she had committed that she noticed these people were all monsterists or former monsterists. Oh, well, couldn't be helped. At least they weren't Grimper. And, hey, she even saw Hob had been non-Wendigoed.

Watch Roll: 1d100+2 95

Normal Pace Neebs didn't see any reason to rush. Frö shouldn't be expecting them at Oxnyard and she didn't know what the horde gained by pushing themselves to get there. Plus...she hadn't voted for Oxnyard, so why rush?

Sherman's March (aka "ALWAYS BE RAIDING RAID ALL THEIR HOUSES BREAK ALL THEIR poo poo") If the Fostians had taught her anything, it's that there was no more point in holding back.

As normal, Neebs neither requested anything of Grimper nor wished to hear anything from Grimper.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Name: Trinh
Skills: taxidermy(+50, corrupted), jumping(used now), Dodging(+25)
HP: 1/1
Glory: 21 -> 22
Ritual Glory: 3

Trinh was still too out of it to take the first watch. But the second? Why leave it for later. She eyed the free bottle of Mushbrewm... Not now. The day has been hazy enough as is. She figured she'd be a good fit for watch duty. After all she could jump up to see farther away. :pseudo:

1b Second shift.
2c Fast Pace
3d Raid and Explore
4a Madmist "How afraid should we be?"

Keeping watch in perfectly sensical way: 1d500+21+10 363

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

:siren:An advertisement:siren:

Are you familiar with Dog Kisser's previous game The Fragile Gods of Somewhere? I am just starting up a new game in the same vein, Above/Below. Come join us if you fancy playing god.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 20 -> 21
Skills: Mushrooms +15
Kicking +45

Summary:
1a) 75
2c)
3d)
4a) Sucy['s vault experience]

quote:

Humbug found Sucy in the aftermath of her clean-up efforts. A hefty backpat announced his presence.

"Sucy, right? Bravo, and good work organizing all that, and a drat fine brëw, too. You'd make a mint in the capitol for sure and you seem to have the organizational chops to run your own brëwery. Shame you're out here. Still, your product's been doing a bunch of us good and you just gave it away for free, so I figured you were owed something, at least."

He patted his rapidly scarring neck to show off the healing factor, then stepped forward and handed her a Tuned Shield.

"Gloff's shield. Poor bugger won't need it now. Maybe you won't either in Siege Six, but better to have than not, no?"

He chuckled.

"If it doesn't suit you, maybe you can use it as Onager fodder. Stårn will fire anything once, and could you imagine the racket it'd make coming down? Might even survive to be used again."
"Oh wow, thanks!" Sucy exclaimed as she turned the shield around in her hands. "Though it wasn't me alone, Neebs was the one who suggested the idea first and did just as much work as I. So many people have been coming up to me and thanking me, so I'll have to figure something out for her once we're in Öxnyard."

Having packed her stuff, Sucy began urging the others to take a fast pace, staying at the rear and kicking the butts of any stragglers that didn't keep pace. Within a few days, she quickly fell into a rhythm.

At night, she followed the example of Stårn and took first watch, setting up traps of small mushrooms that would explode into clouds of spores if any unsuspecting enemy stepped on them:
Take first watch: 1d100+20+15+1: 75

During the day, when not herding the others, she alternated raiding and exploring, to make sure the Horde did as much damage as possible without overextending itself.

In the evenings, when sitting around the campfires, she petitioned Grimper to talk about Sucy's Vault experience, trying to find out as much as possible about what she had been seeing through the ring

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 3, 2018

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Name: Somnö
Skills: BIGNESS +20, Jumping +25, Smashing +10
HP 3/3
Gear: Ball and Chain (+1), Drummers Garb XXXL (+2), Iron Shield, Mushbrëwm
Cosmetics: Nail and Fist Token
Glory: 8
Ritual Glory: 1

It was best for the knights to stick together in case battle broke out, so Somnö followed Noggins' lead and took the Second Shift. Her extra Jumping height would let her reach a better vantage point to keep an eye out. The extra carbohydrates from Patsy's previous meal gave her a little more pep.

Springing high on the Second Shift (with Snacks!):1d100+25+8+1: 52

Getting there as soon as possible is the best plan, if we take a Breakneck Pace we can be upon them before they're ready, and make up the difference by Raiding Towns along the way to replenish our stocks.

And tell me more about Madmist.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

HP:3
Glory:33
Lying
Charm +25
Ritual Glory:0
Infiltrator Captain

He grinned broadly at Marra's suggestion, and nodded his assent.

"Brilliant. False flag operations as we move, never staying in one place for too long to give them a chance to see through it, forage them dry, and have that resentment be directed towards their own kind. This is exactly the mindset I wish to encourage, never turn down a chance to set our enemy against themselves."

Looking across his squadmates, allowing for the temporary absence of the shadowy fifth,

"(1A) Infiltrator Squad will take first watch. Conditions will be optimal for us to pull our trickery at that time. I order that we maintain the highest level of vigilance and readiness, let's set the standard for the rest of the horde to aspire to. Hat, if you can come up with individualised headgear for myself, Marra, Gigs and our absent friend on the move, then I order it, but if that's not an option then the standing order applies."

"(2C) I agree that a fast pace seems wiser, hard to be Unexpectable if they see you trudging in from a mile away."

"(3F) Operation Look Over There! (Disguised scouting/'requisitioning'/misinformation campaign) has my official sanction and blessing, and I suggest drumming up support for it amongst our hordemates as well. I'll go and pitch it to Grimper."

So, he headed over to the Warlord. to spell out Marra's plan for false flag foraging, and see if he was willing to assent.

Later, on the march, he sought a vantage point from which to better keep an eye out when on watch. Ah, perfect! a broad-faced cliff with good sight lines all around, he had just the right tools to ascend...

Ordering The Infiltrators to use their talents on the march: Have a free +10 each.
Bluffing to ascend a bluff: 55

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
/// Cosmetic Items: ///
Name: Gabber
Skill: Mimicry, Listening(+20), Night Vision (using)
Glory: 13 - > 14

Dog Kisser posted:

Humbug’s accusation shook the Horde - those that were listening, at any rate. Doc was conspicuously absent, ostensibly busy elsewhere… but Grimper wasn’t. He considered the evidence carefully, tapping his finger against his lips. ”...We need all hands on deck. While you make a compelling case, your evidence is circumstancial. War is a messy business, and our enemies were extraordinarily precise. Could you tell me with absolute certainty that core removal was post-mortem? That Agenou’s men, hopped up on his magic, couldn’t have sliced it out as some sick game? Granted, the bone spears are a particularly egregious hint at malfeasance, but perhaps she worked with what she had? Now, I’m sure you were quite thorough, but I don’t have time to hold court.” He tapped Humbug on the shoulder paternally, then moved to leave and made his way back to Agenou’s corpse.

With Humbug's accusation having gone over about as well as a wet fart with the Warlord, Gabber placed his shield back on his back and walked off dejectedly. Yet another recent, questionable example of the Warlord having made a decision that didn't seem to line up with the Horde's best interests. War time necessities were one thing, but letting a potentially murderous surgeon continue with unabated access to those in dire medical need didn't sit right with him. He'd be damned if he let the Doc near him while conscious, but what if he were knocked out and put under the knife? Would he wake up minus one skillcore, or maybe minus a kidney, and be told again that it was necessary?

To further his frustration, the Horde was going to Öxnyard. Some of the more vocal members of the Horde had made their case well for why Noostra wouldn't have been the wisest choice. He still felt it was foolish not to try and report back home for various reasons, reinforced Noostra or not. They'd have to tackle the city at some point, and he'd rather they just get it over with.

Gathering up his meager items, he soon found himself on the long march to Öxnyard. At Noggin's urging he volunteered for the second shift, and also tried to keep the fast pace as best he could. Disturbingly, he found that the slower he seemed to move the heavier his armor began to feel. At first he just thought he'd not done well enough to keep up with his daily calisthenics, but after a good five minutes of a steady pace he was sweating through his undergarments and sliding his face wrap up onto his forehead as a makeshift bandanna to keep the sweat from his eyes. He knew Hob's armor was special and quite heavy, but was there something to it that increased its weight the slower he moved? He'd have to test it out as the days went on.

Actions: posted:

Second Shift Marching - Night Vision Assistance: 1d100+10+13 58
1) B - Second Shift
2) C - Fast Pace
3) D - Raid and Explore
4) Regency Council

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 8, 2018

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Name: Bamboo
HP: 1/??
Glory: 30 + 1 (Action Glory) > 31
Skills:

Virtuoso [READY]
Poor Decision Making [READY]

-[Fostis]-

Bamboo sighed inwardly as Magda ignored her question about the other Pawns; either Magda didn’t know what she was talking about (which, frankly, seemed unlikely), or, this wasn’t the right time to discuss such things.

Either way, The Horde was moving out, and things needed attending; Bamboo will have to try again later.

Bamboo chuckled grimly as fingered her garrote and volunteered for the Third Shift; when else would she be most effective? The Witching Hours were when the Pawns did their best work.

Action

Bamboo serves on Third Watch.: 1d100+30 98 [1d100=68]

Bamboo votes to push at a Fast Pace [at least 1 Extra Ration consumed!]

Bamboo votes to Explore Wide Area

Bamboo votes to ask Grimper about The Queen’s Death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Name: Dack
Skills: A̵̕t̷͢͡͏̡h̷͟͡͏ļ̵̶̧̀ę̷̢͡t̨̧͘i̵̕҉̴͡c̢͘͜͠s͏̨́̕, Ą̀͠c̵̢͡͠͏r̴̸̛͝͡o͘͢͜͡b͜à̵̡̕t̷̢̀͜i̸̸͞c͘͟s̀͜͟, Laughing +25
HP: 1
Glory: 18>19

Finally, the horde was leaving Fostis and all its weirdness behind. Even better, the long march would give Dack plenty of time to stretch his limbs, although he took care not to test his limits. He had heard there was a risk, however small, of a Branded Wendigo going berserk because they relied too much on their unnatural cores, and Dack didn't feel like testing that when there wasn't a reason for him to push himself in the first place. Still, it was nice to move around freely, and he couldn't help but encourage the others to keep up a fast pace. And while he really should focus on protecting the babi like he was told to, Dack couldn't reign in his curiosity for long and eventually began exploring a wide area.

Of course, he knew better than to goof off when Grimper gave orders, so Dack made sure to pay attention during the Third Watch.

Taking the third watch: 368, should be good enough.

Also a vote for learning about Madmist.