Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Noggins
Skillcores: Carpentry +35, Precision, Aiming, Leadership (Unconsumed)
HP: 2/3
Glory: 1->2
Ritual Glory: 4

Noggins let out a pained grunt as she threw herself into the path of a blow meant to take the head off a mook. Her armor held, and her hordemate managed to scramble to safety, but it was becoming all too clear: they couldn't hold out much longer. The losses were going to start cascading, and it would take much before they collapsed in earnest. It didn't help that something seemed to have agitated the Inhabited. She chanced a look back at the Thumbscrew. It was like no building she'd ever seen before, but it couldn't be that strange on the inside if people were using it. The team with Grimper had to have made it by the top by now, unless it was literally packed with more enemies... which was a possibility she couldn't discount.

"Listen up! We can't hold them here much longer, but we shouldn't need to! Gabber! I want you to keep going, try and secure an escape route! Somnö, Verika, everyone else--close ranks! If the others don't get back soon, we're going to have to fall back to the alley! It'll make it harder for us to get them out, but it'll be easier to hold in the meantime!"

She wasn't exhausted--at least not physically--but the effort of adjusting to her knew proportions was wearing her out almost as quickly as it was getting her back into the swing of things.

Not much longer. Not much longer. Just keep telling yourself that. One foot in front of the other. One more swing. Just another blow. Not much longer.

Hold On Just A Little Longer!: 2d100+1+35+5 95

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
/// Cosmetic Items: ///
Name: Gabber
Skill: Mimicry {cool down}, Listening (+30, cooldown), Night Vision
HP: 3/3
Glory: 18->19

Gabber & Dack led the desperate charge down the alleyway, driving (and smashing) their emotionless foes before them. The Unexpectables had their breathing room - but they needed more, and the Inhabited seemed to have changed somehow in the past few moments, becoming more erratic. Flashing a quick thumbs up back to Dack, Gabber prepared to push further into the breach he and the Friendigo had carved when suddenly -

Astus posted:

Wordlessly handing off Boarealis to Gabber and giving the Knight a salute, Dack set off in the direction Snödis had disappeared in.

- suddenly Gabber was clutching a baby boarlet as his heavy backup lumbered away from their position with all haste. What in the - huh?! Cursing his inability to object, Gabber instead hastily strapped the squealing boarlet to his front as quickly as he could before the gains they had made were lost. Struggling to hear above the frantic sqeualing, Gabber popped his advanced Listening skillcore again, doing his best to keep those Inhabited nearby at arm's length. Orders, he needed orders!

Suddenly he heard her, voice cutting through the battle clear as day. Music to his ears.Keep going! So he would. He would ride clear back home should she order it, cutting a swath through any who impeded him. Renewing his efforts, Gabber again pushed as hard as he could further from the rest of the main group. Chopping and slashing his way forward, he pushed towards the nearest gate.

Listening for Orders - Spread Out Down That Alley!: 1d100+30(skillcore)+18(glory)+10(orders)+6(sword &steed) 147 - Base roll 83, armor is -4 this round (+3 heavyweight plate +3 armored charger -10 roll > 80)

He would NOT be denied.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
;
Name: Hat
Skills: Millinery (+15), Backflips (+20)
Equipment: Knightly Spear (+3), String-Slayer Armour (+2), Tuned Shield, Lucky Pearl; Sikatris Scarf, Mushbrëwm, Wagnag Jerky[?]
Glory: 42 -> 43
Ritual Glory: 1

It had worked, at least. Grimper had been able to talk to Tö, until interference from Sikatris had disrupted the call somehow. An overload of information, Hat struggled to make sense of it all. The rage in Grimper's eyes was clear to see, as he brandished the strange Wailing Nail in his remaining hand. There was a flurry of activity as the twelve ThumbsCrew volunteers debated among themselves just how far they were willing to go for their nation. Hat watched as Humbug approached Grimper, and Splut and Waesh prepared to counter him. Hat leaned back in her chair, and turned to Sucy.

"Sucy. Who knew that carrying a ring could be so difficult? I understand you've got a really tough decision to make, and you're looking for other poeople's perspectives. I think... no, I feel that I'm with Gryph on this one. The Inhabited in the Masks, yes, legitimate target, it'll stop our Hordemates dying outside. But the others, in those weird cocoons in the houses, they're not fighting. The children, the elderly, presumably some pacifists. And we should spare them where possible. Now, I know Splut will disagree, say something like 'They're future enemy combatants, they'll wear the Mask in time, killing them now makes sense.' And for some of them, he's probably right! But I just can't agree to the indiscriminate killing of every single one of them. These people, they deserve at least the chance to make their choice. They can refuse the Mask, run away, hide from Fröan and Töan soldier alike. Especially if word of our victory here gets out. 'Hey, we know how to stop all the Inhabited in just a few seconds, that Mask spells certain doom for you, best run for the hills, hum?'

"You've seen the data, 60% of Noostrans are wearing the Mask. Do the other 40% deserve our mercy?"

One Warcrime, Spare The Innocents: 1d100+43 73

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Welp, it was worth a try. At least I got to roll against her; think of the Glory if I had Won!

@DogKisser: What are the re-rolling rules again? I can't seem to find the Mook file and new character Glory Rules, is there a link on the front page I'm not seeing?

WereGoat posted:

🎶you're lost it is true🎶
🎶Bamboo, Flitter,🎶 uuuh 🎶all the ooothers🎶
Erm 🎶laaaaa🎶

:sadwave:

Bamboo will always be with you Hobs, always and forever.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Name: Ringo!
HP: 4/4
Glory: 32>33
Skill: Accuracy (using), Ventriloquism, Whistling+15 (cooldown)
Hotswap Skillcores: Pigilante Justice, Kissing, Cross Stitching, Bee Keeping, Lifting +15, Lockpicking, Firestarting, Weaving +15, Avoiding Notice
Other: Rolls 10d100, may optionally reroll lowest

Ringo grit his teeth against the heat and force of the Breakerfly. He tried not to inhale the stench of burning Froman, and failed. The Inhabited seemed to be...malfunctioning? They were spasming something fierce, but they weren't stopping their attack. It didn't matter if they were about to drop dead on their own, or if Grimper was going to do something in the Thumbscrew; He was in the streets fighting with the rest of the horde, and they couldn't rely on anyone but themselves. If they dared hope for a rescue, they might let their guard down.

No, they had to save themselves - and that meant he couldn't stop fighting.

"Everyone, if you're not holding the line, start preparing our exit! This is the final push!"

There was no time to confirm every kill. His wendigoad flew out, striking down the most mobile of the enemy. The Inhabited didn't care about fractured limbs, moving on shards and crawling on stumps; but even a table stops standing after a while, if you snapped enough timber.

Fight them! (Accuracy): 10d100+10+32+2 658 [10d100=61, 53, 83, 43, 91, 83, 52, 19, 34, 95]
Reroll 19: 1d100 65
Total: 704

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
COSMETIC ITEMS:
Name: Snorkus
Skills: Pigilante Justice+10 (using), Gazing+10 (cooldown), Rolling+25
Item Cooldowns: Utility "Belt" (available next downtime)
HP: 1/1
Glory: 7 -> 8
Notes: Vile Mechanism Survivor

"Well said, piglet! Let your enemies flee squealing before you - and if they will not break, grind them into sausage!" Pigarang after pigarang whipped past Ringo, stylishly just barely missing him to thud into the Inhabited horde.

(One Pigarang managed to whirl precisely through Ringo's topknot. Afterwards, Snorkus would swear up and down that it was on purpose.)

Unleash Pigilante Justice on the Inhabited: 1d100+8+10+1 117 (Natural 98!)

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

CourValant posted:

Welp, it was worth a try. At least I got to roll against her; think of the Glory if I had Won!

@DogKisser: What are the re-rolling rules again? I can't seem to find the Mook file and new character Glory Rules, is there a link on the front page I'm not seeing?

Bamboo will always be with you Hobs, always and forever.

Same as you did to start - start from scratch Glory-wise, but I believe we're up to any 3 items of +2 or so from the first post. Pick any free Mook - technically even the lost Nailbound ones if you want to have a very short and confused life - and we'll adjust them to 3 HP (if any of the Mooks HAVE 3 HP). Then it'll be as if they'd been around all along, off camera!

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

The guide PoS posted at the top of page 36 is still mostly accurate except for the items bit.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Name: Stårn
Skills: Siege Weapons +20, Butterfly Beastmaster, Timing +25
HP: 3
Glory: 15->16

Stårn exhaled. They had broken the enemy for now, the grand majority of their force having been shattered. But they still posed threat. And that threat could wipe out more from their numbers than they could afford to take.

"One more time, boy", Stårn patted the breakerfly on the head as he spoke, "For the sake of Sieging. For the sake of the Horde."

One more attack run. He just had to time it right.

To hold the line for one last time.

Siege Team Six orders: Sucy and Gado have standing orders, the rest must engage the Inhabited
Using Timing and my Mount's Extra Special ability to Fight Them: 1d100+15+25+10+929=1068 A base of 89. We had a good run. Don't gently caress this up Grimper, the Breakerfly gave its life for you.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Dog Kisser posted:

Then it'll be as if they'd been around all along, off camera!

WereGoat posted:

The guide PoS posted at the top of page 36 is still mostly accurate except for the items bit.

Thanks!

Gonna take a day or two to think about what brain-damaged Toan I'll play next.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

||
Name: Trinh
Skills: Taxidermy(+50, corrupted, using), Jumping(+15), Dodging(+25, cooldown)
Glory: 19 -> 20

Fight Them All: 1d500+19+2+50 554

edit:
Wait, didn't I have a second shield? Looks like I messed up the formatting for the cards last downtime. I'm pretty sure I never actually lost it.

Jvie fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 24, 2018

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Name: Somnö
Skills: BIGNESS +20, Jumping +25 (using), Smashing +20 (cooldown)
HP 2/3
Gear: Ball and Chain (+1), Drummers Garb XXXL (+2), Armored Charger
Cosmetics: Nail and Fist Token, A shitload of Jaune Nails
Glory: 22

Free Fall onto those Fuckers: 1d100+22+10+25+3+1 72

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Ah, boy, I am just so sick of all this Sikatris!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Prince of Space posted:

Liking those saucy pointed shoes!!

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Skills:Spreading Disease (+15) [CD], Cursing, Patience(+25)
Glory: 8

Grumbus took a moment to wheeze for breath in between waves. Something was going on, the masked bastards were acting weirder than usual. Not much longer now, one way or another. The horde's plaguebearer decided to hold the line a little longer.

Test of Patience (Hold the Line!): 1d100+35+3+8 134

He weaved out of the way of an Inhabited's lunge and used the creep's momentum to toss it into another one. Grumbus succumbed to a hacking cough fit as his unleashed rats swarmed over both Inhabited.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
HP: 3
Glory: 36 -> 37
Skills: Mushrooms +15
Kicking +45
Fishing +10

As she relayed what Grimper was about to do, the control room burst into chaos, with everyone shouting at either Sucy or each other and Humbug even trying to jump Grimper. To escape this mayhem, Sucy slipped the ring back on, before anyone could try and interfere with her.
Back in the timeless dark void, her attention was immediately drawn to the blindingly bright light that the nail emitted.

And I'd like to write more, but I've caught the flu and can't focus on a screen enough to write this out, so here's what Sucy tries to do:

• Strip out the kill command
  • Use the nail as a vehicle for a virus that
    • Kicks Sikatris as an authorized user
    • Adds a prime level directive to the Inhabited that locks up their motor functions for ten minutes if they hear the phrase "No Guys, no masters"
    • Switches around the way they "learn", so that successful actions are rated negatively and chosen less often and neutral or unsuccessful actions are rated positively and chosen more often
Use the nail to Kick sikatris and hack the Inhabited: 1d100+36+45 145

Having finished this she'll send the disabling phrase to the rest of the horde, claiming that it's something that she found in the programming rather than made up herself

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 24, 2018

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Prince of Space posted:

Awesome!

And there went my evening.

this is all your fault I am an innocent vessel of the muse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRXsagqlu90

I'm so sick of you Sikatris,
And your bloody thread-kinesis.
Sicker than a breath of Madmist,
Your tricks are on par with Craic's list.
Unleashing the 'habited mooksies,
Coaxing your people into blind bliss.
A puppeteering fungus miss,
Trying hard to give us death's kiss,
Not to mention, you forgot your sis.
This sad puppet show? Boo and hiss!

YOUUUUUuuuuuuuuuu~
Been tryin' to wrap us up,
Spinning a clever setup,
Tryin' to get our hate clown,
Into bringing the Nail down! (~Yeah, bringing the Nail down!~)
For all of us you've made a poison town! (~Poison town!~)
Waiting resolute in Noostra's midst - as if!
A cowardess sittin' it out, here's your rightful riff!
You been bringing your taunting and goading the gong,
To get Breaker-nine raging, what a honko bonk's dong.
A hero - a fool! A drunkard - a tool!
An enigma - an rear end in a top hat! A breaking-down brass doll!
That you have been secretly stringing along.

No loss, you say, Noostra's just a test 'ey?
Nu-uh, THIS is the test, WE'RE glory-blessed!
Unexpectable stop! - Hammer time
Noggins name drop, by Fist and Nail she will climb.
Every time you think you beat us you just make us stronger,
Your puppet's exposed, Ringo'd to be no more any longer.
Your threads and poison fogs are snapped, torn apart,
Secret plan? Call it for reals - a big flaming fart.

Look, we've been at this since the war started,
Don't think a setback will bring us down, broken-hearted.
Our victories count twice, where are YOU capping Commas?
Face it you foo', you're gonna yarn for your mommas.

Your scarves got taken, your towns and jails got break'd in,
Your sister's kidnapped, we're wend-i-Curin' co-optin,
Inhibi-habeting OUR escape? Noostra way, we got that mess,
Cuz' we breakerfly-broke 'em and left 'em far less.
We're Unexpectables! Slinkering on red, green and blue.
You might think you can get us, but then we'll get you.

And your little dog, too.

*mike drop*

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Scribbleykins posted:

And there went my evening.

:golfclap:

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Let's not forget everyone's favorite faceless killing machines: the Inhabited!

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

Cosmetics:

Skill 2: Amputation+15
Skill 3: Spinning+30
Glory 26

Qwäg stands motionless, watching the ripples of probability twisting and swimming through the room. Mutinies and massacres and conspiracies stack swaying towers of numbers in her fractured mind, and it's almost too much for her. If she could take the head off someone here and end it decisively...silence these infernal actuary columns...she wouldn't hesitate, but there are just too many variables. Too many loose threads. The Risk here is feral, and bristles with toxic barbs.

"Iͤ͏͚̜̘͍̥͎̪ͅn̷̺͕̻̿ͫͩ̃͒̊̂t̙̳̙̳̙̟̻̖̗ͭ̂͋ͬ̓ͨ̆́ͨ́ę̣̟͕͕ͭ̊͠ŗ̜̜͖̺̔͊ͧͧ̽̕e̛̙͍͇̙̺͆̄ͩ̏͝ͅṣ͎̮̼͙̣̐̓͐ͩ̓ͅṱ̩̯̻ͧ͒ͨ͛ͬͅi͙̼̪̟̼̖͌ͅņ̴̖̓ͯ̈ͫ͋́g̶͒ͩ́̓̓́҉̞̙̖͈͟.̡̡̲͈̟̣͙̞͖ͫ͗̄̋͛̓ͯ͘ ," she murmurs, lost in the general din of conflict. Too much choice is no choice. She'll have to see how this develops.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Name: Verika
HP: 2/2
Skills: Perception +30 (active), Sniping +15 (cooling), Smithing +55
Equipment: Fröman Cuirass (+1), Iron Shield, Arrow Flatpack, Ornate Bowharp (+2), Ruddy Charger, Blixthäst (+5)
Cosmetics: Nail and Fist Token, Agenou's Cape Sash, Sikatris Scarf, Basker Cloak, Slightly-Cracked Telescope, Jaune's Broken Nails
Glory: 20
Ritual Chits: 2 -> 5 (artwork bonus)

Noostra (Part 12): Verika was so busy trying to clear a space for the Unexpectables to fight in, she hadn't noticed that her Captain Noggins had weathered several direct blows to her Tuned Shield. The finely-crafted sheet of sonorous metal was ruined beyond repair - this Verika could plainly see with the scrutinizing eyes of a smithy.

"Captain, your shield!" Verika broke out. "Here, take mine. I'm overburdened enough as it is."

/ /
Verika's Iron Shield is transferred to Noggins.

"May it serve you well," Verika added. The two warriors nodded to each other before returning to their thankless task.

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Apr 7, 2018

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Burning with the rage and shame of the played, Warlord Grimper shouted and held the Nail aloft. The Twelve gasped and then-

---
Ignorant of the chaos above, the brave Unexpectables continued their hopeless crusade against Noostra. Again and again, the Horde picked themselves up, spitting out blood and broken teeth, hardening their hearts as their companions fell to the inexorable pressure of the unfeeling foes. Each and every one of them couldn't help but cast occasional glances upwards. Please Grimper, they seemed to say, please let this have been worthwhile. Stårn the Sieger felt it keenly as he patted Flutter’s battered muzzle, still warm from the power of its last attack. He'd grown attached to the creature - surprisingly for reasons other than the sheer force it represented - but he knew he'd have to ask it for aid once again. The Horde had secured the beginnings of an escape route, but the enemy could not be allowed to bisect their forces. He climbed aboard once more and took to the air, surveying the scene. Still so many of the bastards, and even the thoroughly battered bodies they'd tossed in piles twitched and grasped at the air. Sick poo poo, it was. At least they weren't walking around, complicating his calculations. His Core thrummed as it calculated the tangle of vectors necessary for the optimum strike, then he spurred Flutter onwards.
Win Roll
Ringo and his companions on the street heard the scream of the descent and covered their eyes; the last two passes had blinded them temporarily, and they couldn't risk that now. A wave of heat and pressure assailed them, and they cheered as the Inhabited crackled and popped like firewood. But to Ringo’s enhanced senses, something was wrong. The thrum of the Breakerfly’s heart-engine was off kilter, and he wasn't at all surprised when it faltered entirely, then detonated. A pink flare lit the sky, terrifying the Horde momentarily, but Ringos only had eyes for the falling figure.

He ran, jumped, caught the man. The Sieger groaned, tears streaming down his face (from the shock, naturally), but he was alive. In one hand he gripped a ragged fragment of wing, the largest piece of Flutter that remained. The poor creature had saved them several times over, but it couldn't take the pressure. Ringo watched the rain of fragments with Stårn, face impassive and hard.

(Poor Flutter! Stårn takes 1 Damage and gains a Scrap of Breakerfly Wing. It's tough and flexible, but retains little of the power of the whole thing. Maybe you can make something from it?)

Gabber the Mimic watched Dack lope away into the shrouded distance to find his mistress. He wished him well, but didn't envy him for having such a foolhardy Captain. Noggins was several times more reliable, and certainly more capable in a fight… but he supposed there was no doubt Snödis cared for the strange and powerful Wendigos in a way that none of the rest of them could match. They needed her as much as she needed them. He snapped himself out of it as another figure crossed his path. He rolled his eyes, then charged.
WIN ROLL
It dodged, and he almost stumbled. They were predictable to a fault, and his technique had worked perfectly up until now. What had changed? The Inhabited moved differently, too. Smoother, almost? He faked the same technique, and it dodged the same way. Not smooth enough, obviously - it ran into his scissoring blade and fell, then he chopped at the base of its neck until it stilled. He signed to the others that they should keep their eyes open and stay alert. Something weird was happening. His eyes flicked up towards the Thumbscrew.

(Advanced Inhabited made the roll more difficult, but you still clobbered them! The escape route is secured!)

---

quote:

/...deep inside your Fröan hollows
The spores of madmist we now hallow
lest be future; bleak and mellow /
Snödis lay in position and took a deep breath. This would either work, or she would die. If it worked, she would have learned something incredibly valuable and holy. If she died… she'd learn exactly what this Wire was capable of. Either way, she couldn't stop now. She chanted as she worked, drawing upon her memory of the brands she'd studied extensively and the toy she held in one hand. The Breaker doll had been masterfully crafted… she just hoped it was masterful enough.

quote:

/ Accept the change
Embrace the mutant
Overcome what Frö have plot
Break your chains...
and then build new ones
chained to me, like it, or not. /
She carved deep, touching bone, but Jö didn't flinch. She'd told him to be still, so he was. She felt a piercing pain as she worked, something deep in her Cores. She ignored it and focused on her work. She felt… something, some recognition of the pattern she was inscribing. Not in her memories, but in his body - it was reacting. Holy hells, it was working! The change rippled through him, but the Brand - the off-Brand (ha ha) - was containing it! She smiled at him and he smiled b-

Pain erased her for a moment, and when she came to the thing that had been Jö was hacking off her arm. Butchery. He'd been a butcher, before. She laughed weakly as he drew his monstrously bladed arm back for another strike and she saw what he was clutching in a vestigial appendage.

He hit her again, and she died.

(poo poo! Close, but no cigar. Snödis loses 1 HP as part of the failed ritual. Jö loses his Frömanity and goes berserk, attacking her for 2 Damage and ki-

Dack found her too late. He burst through the doors of the prison to find a pool of blood, a river of it, and a ragged hole where Jö must have forced his way through a wall. In the middle of it all was his Captain, what was left of her. She wasn't merely killed, she was destroyed. Her beautiful eyes had been gashed, her arm had been hacked off, her chest… moved. She was breathing. She was alive!? Her remaining eyes fluttered open, and something in them glittered silver-green. Dack lifted her gingerly and carried her away from this awful place.

(Snödis regenerates 3HP, taking an additional -9 penalty to her rolls. She has been infected with Monsterism. She has gained forbidden knowledge (more on that later). She feels pretty awful in every measure.)

---
Meanwhile, Hob the Singer sought out Bamboo and the lost Nailbound. The Horde could hardly afford to lose the ten of them - if any of them in fact remained - and taking a look around the cleared areas couldn't hurt. He sang a searching song as he looked around.

quote:

🎶Uuuunexpectables🎶
🎶where are youuuu🎶
🎶Uuuunexpextables🎶
🎶you're lost it is true🎶
🎶Bamboo, Flitter,🎶 uuuh 🎶all the ooothers🎶
Erm 🎶laaaaa🎶
A flash of light caught his eye, searing and rose. A Sacrifire going off? He saw another, and another! He swore under his breath and ran towards them. Going alone was probably foolish, but if he reached them he’d have at least a few Nailbound for backup. He ran as quickly and stealthily as he could, then skidded to a stop. He saw a handful of them engaged in combat, but said nothing just yet - his hair was standing on end. Wendigo.
WENDIGO ROLL
He heard another Sacrifire going off and groaned. The drat things were too stupid to coordinate their assaults, and a Wendigo could pick them off one by one, even with the Sacrifires’ power. He caught a glimpse of the thing through the smoke, long and lanky and quadrupedal, and stage whispered at the surviving Nailbound. Four left, they perked up immediately upon seeing him. He hissed at them to get over to him and they obliged, stupidly. The long head swung towards them, screaming. Hob winced at the volume - a Yelling core? He couldn’t remember, and didn’t care. He told them to shut up and they did. They stayed very silent…

And then it left, and Hob breathed again. He resisted the urge to slap the survivors for deserting - they weren’t in control of their actions, after all - and headed back. He spared a glance for Bamboo, but there was no sign of her. He shrugged. She’d either turn up or she wouldn’t. Not time to investigate. He left the screaming thing behind to tear at itself in confusion and rage.

(Hob saves four Nailbound and manages to avoid the Wendigo. He sensibly does not engage with it, and instead lives and isn’t murdered.)

---
Burning with the rage and shame of the played, Warlord Grimper shouted and held the Nail aloft. The Twelve gasped and then all hell broke loose. Humbug went mad and tore at his clothing, hauling the Nails out of his body with a grinding sound and a rain of sparks and blood. He threw them at the ground at Grimper’s feet and charged with his club held high. Splut, Neebs and the others jumped in front of him, shouting him down and holding him back. Gado and Qwag stood by, unwilling to commit to assaulting their ally and tacitly agreeing with Grimper’s intentions. The Warlord screamed at Splut “Control your man or I’ll control him!” Humbug shouted over him, tears of rage streaming down his face.

Sucy took a breath.

quote:

-Strip out the Kill Command-

quote:

-Kick Sikatris as an Authorized User-
Not Found?

quote:

-Lock Motor Functions for Ten Minutes - Command: “No Guys, No Masters”-

quote:

-Invert Learning Function - Succesful Actions Rated Negatively / Negative Actions Rated Positively-

And when she breathed out, Grimper had slammed the Nail into the console and a wave of something passed through all of them, shaking them to their Cores and driving the wind out of their lungs. He looked triumphant... and then confused, and then angry. And then confused again. And then he SLASHED the air with his good hand, sending a wave of force to smash through the pillar. "gently caress! Broken damned tools!" The others looked at Sucy knowingly, but she was distracted by something. Her nose was bleeding, and she was swaying on her feet. Grimper raged around a few minutes longer, destroying everything he could find... then he rounded on them, and the fires subsided. "Let's go." And without further ado, he grabbed all twelve of them like they were old laundry, cramming them into his arms, then jumped down the central column. None of them even had time to scream as they fell, and then they hit. Grimper shook it off immediately, then dropped them all on the earth. He surveyed the scene - many, many dead, but the Inhabited were... docile? Standing stock still, not even swaying in the wind. Maybe the Nail had worked. "Unexpectables! Let's move out!"

(You did it! You beat a city! Probably! It's still dangerous due to poison gas and poo poo, but the Inhabited seem to be responding to commands as per Sucy. Speaking of which, Sucy takes 2 HP damage. Humbug takes 1 damage and loses all access to Nail Ritual bonuses. He is not, however, immediately murdered.

Now, Grimper wants to leave immediately, and probably you shouldn't linger forever... but you might have time to loot? Sikatris might still be around, and she might not be happy, but is the maybe worth not looting? Also there's two Wendigos around, somewhere. You can heal, cook, loot, do whatever, but keep in mind whatever weird poo poo Sucy did, you're still in enemy territory. Watch out for traps and nonsense... or you can leave. If so, pick a Gate and make your case! Grimper strongly wants to head immediately to the Gateway Fortress, a four day journey.
)

Free Action!

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Mar 28, 2018

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Alright, that took ten million years because I went overboard on art even though it's a short update! I am also taking a break until approximately April 5th because I'm moving! I'll be on and off the forums, but won't have time to solidly sit and write or draw for a while. Try not to kill eachother! Or do, I'm not the boss of you.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

(d6+3)

Gado!!!
Skill: Digging (+35), Climbing (+10), Mining (+10)
Glory: 10->20>21>26>1
Mutation Countdown: [x] [x] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Gado wished he'd had to opportunity to scream in terror, but Grimper was all rush rush rush! Steadying himself after the fall, Gado looks sheepishly over towars Humbug. The sleuth had good intentions and thankfully hadn't been splattered all over the wall for his insubordination.

Spinning the little bag full of tokens around his finger, Gado offers it up "Good on you for taking a stand ya maroon, keep your head down for a bit yeah?"

Grimper's insistence on marching immediately to thr gate fortress is kind of insane in Gado's opinion, but so was trying to patch the horde up in a potentially active battlefield.

Giving things a moment's thought, Gado nods to himself and begins to circulate around to the regrouping horde to spread his plan. A city as luxurious as this one was bound to have some fine drinking materials, and if anything would make Grimper easier to deal with it would be an infusion of spirits.

Having spread his idea as best as he's able, Gado puts plan into action and begins to burrow between houses. Stores with alcohol on sale are robbed left and right and no home liquor cabinet goes unsmashed as the Digger seeks to fufill the Warlord's insatiable thirst.

quote:

Gado offers up Humbug's glory, but Scribblykins told me to keep it so keeping it.

Plan time! I'm aiming to loot as much goddamn booze as possible. A few days out we offer it to Grimper as a congratulations over his technical wartime victory over The Hated Sikatris. Dude hopefully gets drunk enough that he passes out and we can take an actual downtime in comparative safety.

Looting Booze to appease Grimper into giving us a downtime away from here: 108 (Might be different depending on resonations/orders)

I'm not really fond of the idea of doing healing in the city and then immediately getting ganked by duo wendigo.[

e:v If normal Cores Dropped-> take a single free action to loot rules still apply then 53 to loot a mining core.

If someone gets me that Climbing core I'd be happy to offer up 3 glory for it.

Shopping now that it's unlocked!

d6+3? AntiMon?- 10 Glory
Paying out the climbing bounty? 3 Glory
Upgrading Bone To Pick to +5- 12 glory Add another two pick axe heads down the shaft and a splattering of blue blood since it's been in use against the Fro menace for a good long while.

Excess art stuff: The goggle on Gado's left eye should be cracked from Grimper poking him in the face/him being crippled.

quote:

:siren:Core Stuff::siren:
Digging Core Attunes and swallows climbing/mining, bringing Digging to +50.

1: I wasn't expecting a full devour attunement.
2: I'm hopefully receiving a climbing core from Hob this turn and picking up my own lightly used mining core from a dead mook.
3: There's a mook with a final mining core I've had my eye on and I'm hoping they'll do a swap with me (1 glory+climbing for mining) under the assumption that they've just been carrying the core around sentimentally :v:.

I probably wouldn't have put a bounty out on climbing if I'd known it was resonating away, but it's not fair to have someone roll on something for me and not pay them :v:. Hoping I can turn this around, but if not eh I can deal with the reloaded loadout.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Apr 6, 2018

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
According to the spreadsheet, the following skillcores are available from our dead Hordemembers:

:siren: AVAILABLE SKILLCORES::siren: Dancing, Cooking, Gluttony, Scrounging, Jumping, Echolocation, Avoiding Notice, Performing (x4), Surgery, Waiting, Eating, Wrangling (x3), Töan Culture, Daydreaming, Virtuoso, Interior Decorating +20, Angry Screeds Against the Nearest Authority, Burglary, Guitar Solos +15, Leaping, Holding Your Breath, Cowardice +15, Screaming, Climbing, 'Splosions, Blasting, Romance, Mining, Clowning, Close Quarters Combat (x2).

According to the spreadsheet, the following items are available from our dead Hordemembers:

:siren: AVAILABLE ITEMS::siren:
(x2) (x2) (x2) (x3) (x2) (x2) (x6) (x2)

Please loot responsibly!

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

(handing this to Snorkus)

Name: Waesh
Skills: Piracy +20 (using), Grappling +10, Romance +10
Glory: 10 -> 16

With the climactic conclusion in the Thumbscrew Relay and Grimper's subsequent, hurried, and quite exciting descent, Waesh is slightly surprised at the remaining Inhabited. 'Not quite the fireworks I was expecting. I guess the machine broke like Grimper said', he thinks to himself. With the order to get quick and get out, he decides that any looting he needs to get done needs to be done quick.

Firstly, he heads off to find Snorkus. "A fine Pigilante like yourself needs a fine animal companion! This here brute is Smee", says Waesh, patting the flank of the huffing creature, "and he is to be your new faithful minion! Now, just some quick advice, don't turn your back on him, he considers that weakness and he hates that. Don't look him in the eyes, he takes that as a challenge, and make sure you keep an eye on any food or he will help himself. Good luck!" Waesh then walks off as Smee trots away to sniff and pick fights with the incapacitated Uninhabited. Wiping his hands together, he chuckles and thinks to himself 'No longer my problem!'

Next up, he grabs some spare gear from his unfortunately dead hordemates. Waste not want not, he'd expect them to do the same for him. Now, all he needs to complete his new ensemble is a fine Pirating Outfit! All this armour was too restricting, and what would he do if he fell into the sea? A quick search of the nearby area should hopefully lead him to a clothing shop, or the house of someone with finery...

Pirate myself a piratey outfit!: 1d100+20+11 122

Looting a Romance skillcore, a Knightly Blade +3, and handing the warboar to Snorkus. Rolls here in case of conflicts.
Loot the Romance skillcore: 1d100 10
Loot the Knightly Blade +3: 1d100 40

EDIT: 5 glory gained for surviving the Battle of Noostra!

Captainicus fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Mar 28, 2018

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Name: Verika
Skills: Perception +30 (cooling), Sniping +15, Smithing +55 (active)
Equipment: Fröman Cuirass (+1), Arrow Flatpack, Ornate Bowharp (+2), Ruddy Charger, Blixthäst (+5), Broken Tap Root
Cosmetics: Nail and Fist Token, Agenou's Cape Sash, Sikatris Scarf, Basker Cloak, Slightly-Cracked Telescope, Jaune's Broken Nails
Glory: 20 -> 25 -> 26
Ritual Chits: 5 -> 6 (artwork bonus)

Noostra (Part 13): Verika had been fighting for so long, she didn't believe her weary eyes when the Inhabited started collapsing all around her, as though they had all succumbed to sleep or exhaustion in the same moment. Was there something at fault with the masks they wore? Had this been Grimper's plan all along - to shut them all down from above? Had the General's big scheme succeeded somehow, to break the Thumbscrew's signal? Verika smiled bleakly. Grimper had done it again, thank Gob. He'd pulled through. It was over.

They were alive. They had lost forty-seven hordemembers that day - losses like they'd never seen before. They had gone into the city of Noostra one hundred and twenty-three Töans strong and they had emerged from the fighting with no more than seventy-six soldiers alive, some of them just barely holding together. Fifty one of the Unexpectables were injured in some way, and thirty four of those soldiers were on their last legs. Still, they were among the living. That was all that mattered, wasn't it?

"No Guys, No Masters" became the command phrase passed through the horde's ranks. It would enable the Unexpectables to slip past any of Noostra's Inhabited defenses completely unmolested. Speaking those exact words aloud would cause the Inhabited nearby to seize, ball up and fall over onto their sides, locked in place and comatose. It wasn't permanent, but you could keep them stunned long enough to get things done around town without needing to kill them. So long as you stuck together and didn't take too long about your business, you could probably make your way around the whole city unharmed. Probably.

As Verika made her mental tallies, she searched the bodies of fallen friends and foes. She made a habit of muttering the deactivation keyphrase again and again to herself, just in case any wounded Inhabited were lying among the piles of the dead, waiting to attack. Eventually, it became a mantra. Piles of bodies, unconscious or dead - littered the streets leading up and down the avenue from the Thumbscrew to the Sun Gate. Some of them could still be living, and some possessed weapons that belonged to the horde...

"No Guys, No Masters," she chanted, as she lifted a corpse off another. She'd spotted a near-immaculate set of plate armor going to waste on a dead hordemate earlier, and now it was time to collect. Verika was a Knight, right? It was time to look the part.

"Sorry for this, old girl," Verika said to the once-familiar face, "but I think you're my size. No Guys, No Masters," she repeated as she slid the dead Tö's limbs out of her armor.

Laying Claim to a set of Knight's Plate +3: 1d100 54

Once the Unexpectables are rejoined with Magda, Verika will set to work on her first big Smithing project:

Smithing with Magda to Repair, Reproduce, or Repurpose the Broken OG Weapon: 1d100+55+20 122

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Apr 12, 2018

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Name: Portha
Skills: Rummaging, Cleaning, Imagining
Glory: 23

Portha grabbed a Knightly Cestus to use while her crossbow was full of poison and the Scavenging core off her fallen teammates, immediately forcing the core to fuse with her own Rummaging core.

Punchknife loot: 1d100 32
Scavenging loot: 1d100 92

Now, was there any sign of the Commander? Grimper had promised a huge bonus and Portha wanted a piece of that action and fortunately she had a clue. She focused hard on her scarf, considering the weird material before stashing it in her pack, just in case Sikatris was able activate the thread to turn it into a strangling trap. Then Portha wandered the side streets for a bit, trying to use her skill at finding things to detect more of the material.

Searching for clues to Sikatris' whereabouts.: 1d100+28 63

e: Guess I should add my glory to the hunt? And the Noostra bonus too.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Mar 28, 2018

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Extra Skillcores: Fashion +25, Secretly Murdering Innocents
HP: 3/3 (3 wire)
Glory: 28+5= 33->34
Ignomity: -18
Ritual Glory: 1->2

...darkness. Blood. Light. Dack.

*cough* more blood. She had died. Again. Except she hadn't. Her cores burned inside her and her head ached with secrets. Half her eyes refused to open. Sewn shut? Her blood was boiling. Rampancy? Or was it just reacting to OG-Tech. Would she cool down? She shrugged internally. When the call came, she would answer it. But if she had her way, she would also master it. Her face may be ruined, but the movement?

That would not be so easily thwarted.

--

Eyes glowing with zeal, she shook herself into consciousness and half coughed, half yelled. "Dack! I'm sorry, I failed. I tried to save him. He was turning. Madmist got him. Had to... had to give him a chance at freedom that vile poison would take from him. And now he is gone. Raving. So close to ascendancy and yet so far. I'd spit on the crayzed sciencefrö responsible if OG Tech hadn't just sewn that part of me shut. We're going after him. And any other unfortunates affected by the madmist. Fetch the others. I need to find Grumbus, and Ringo - maybe Ewöns drum can still bring Jö to his senses, and if not... that Wendigoad might have to see its first real, despicable use."

--

Back at the Thumbscrew, Snödis found Ringo, Grumbus, Hob, Trinh, and Qwäg (hopefully) and filled them in on what had happened, away from the prying ears of Grimpner. "Jö has turned, but by madmist and far away from Grimpners Brand. I tried to save him, but I failed. That's on me, but his future isn't. I need your help, if you would give it. Or sound advice if you would not. I would save him if possible... and I don't like the idea of leaving him raving behind us, still bound by the curse of nails."

If she noticed their awkward stares at her new visage, she did not deign respond to it, keeping her face as still as the twitching mass of rent flesh and wires could be hoped to be stilled.

--

When the time came to move, whatever the option taken, she scrounged for an Angry Screeds Against the Nearest Authority: 1d100 = 35 skillcore that she heard rumor had been dropped in the fray. If she found it, she would bite down on it hard - hoping the inherent disapproval might super-charge her poetry and trusting in her newfound immortality to aid her if it didn't.

--

On the way over, In a mass of wires, lay a strange and metallic cocoon. Her maternal instincts (was it a skillcore, or something deeper, more primal?) kicked in, and she diverted the team (if there was one, or herself if she was alone) to it.

Looting Bamboo's Dropped Stasis Pod: 1d100 = 79

Clutching it close, her path continued.

--

Asking a bunch of Unexpectables for Help in the proposed mission: Save or Kill Jö, asking for their opinions on which one it should be, as well. Holding on the action roll for now.
Looting another Bäbï.
Looting the Angry Screeds Against the Nearest Authority Skillcore.
Naming my new Crimsonwing Nietschtö, after the famous Monsterist Schölar, if it hatches. Because it would soar high above all the üntergobboes.

--

Swedish Thaumocracy fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Mar 28, 2018

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

"You want me to WHAT?", Grumbus exclaimed, not even bothering to avert his gaze from Snödis's new...look. That was the nice thing about Grumbus's particular brand of Monsterism. Besides being appealingly symmetrical, it was really hard to tell if someone with the ol' Cave Eye was staring or not. Grumbus ran a hand over his bald, pox-scarred head.

"Look, I like Jö. He knows some great jokes and listening to the braindead ding dong natter on about his family and his adorable wee ones around the campfire is kinda charming, but this is crazy!" Grumbus sighed, seguing into a phlegmy cough. "I know I owe Trinh a favor for helping out the breakerfly, but I can't be doing this without some, uh, how do I say this? Conditions.

"First off, I gotta clear this with my boss, Cap'n Stårn. I heard he was cryin' after the breakerfly went down so he might need me."

"Secondly, I want a safety deposit. Gimme some glory. If something happens to me, I keep it. If not, you get it back, about as clean as when you handed it over. More or less."

"Alright, and here's the big one. We see a bar on the way, we're stopping. I need a drink after dealing with all the masked creeps and you can be drat sure I'll need one after we're done with Jö, for better or worse." He craned his head at the mutilated Snödis. "You look like you could use one too. Uh, if you can keep it down, I mean. Bloody hell, he got you good."

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Name: Stårn
Skills: Siege Weapons +20, Butterfly Beastmaster, Timing +25
HP: 2/3
Glory: 15->16

"Jö has turned", a harsh voice cut into the conversation between Captain Snödis and Grumbus as Stårn limped to the scene "Any efforts to subdue a wild wendigo are costly. Far too costly for you to go and waste our precious Sieging resources on, especially since your plans for Jö are more based on unfounded hopes and flights of fancy than reality."

Stårn grimaced, his expression hard, "In case you have not noticed, Captain Snödis, we are fighting a war. A war is not a time for idle sentiments. Indeed, the fact that you're even suggesting that we risk our troops on a wendigo hunt in unscouted urban terrain just for the sake of one hordemate is ludicrous. Siege Team Six will not stand for it."

"Sieging, and war in general, calls for sacrifice. You need to learn to accept that. We all need to learn to accept that. Let Jö go, and spend your time on something useful."

Stårn stroked the piece of breakerfly wing with him idly as he left, nodding at Grumbus to follow.

As far as he was concerned, this discussion was over.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

HP:3/3
Glory:48
Bluffing +20
Charm +25
Camouflage +10
Ritual Glory:0
Infiltrator Captain

Once they were on the ground after their terrifying descent, The Infiltrator Captain looked to Humbug with his usual impassive expression. Speaking in formal tones,

"Humbug, I acknowledge receipt of your statement of resignation. However, it appears the Warlord has declined to accept it, and thus I must follow suit. This means you are still under his, and my, jurisdiction, and I must take responsibility for your actions in accordance with my commission. Given the outcome of the Nail, our time is short, but as per the traditions set forth by Warlord Grimper when dealing with Gado, your skillcores will be running hot."

He handed back the notes Humbug had given him earlier, and nodded towards the stricken Sucy.

"We've just acquired a lot of new evidence covering several key mysteries, and you are tasked with making sense of it all. Fit the pieces together, make intuitive or deductive leaps, piece together everything you can. Old Tö-Town, the real reason for the war, any and all of these, but most of all, who killed my Queen?!"

That last was said with an exceedingly unSplutlike intensity, a genuine fire and a fury in his eyes that greatly belied his usual sangfroid.

"This shall be the price of your insubordination. Get us all some damned answers. Run that sleuthing skillcore until you solve any or all of that, or until it resonates from the strain. And yes, that is an order."

He turned, paused, and looked back.

"And get those nail holes seen to. You might want to throw your life away but I'll be damned if I'll let you succumb to infection or worse. Please, take care of yourself, okay?"

He headed out, catching the tail end of the conversation between Captains Snödis and Stårn. He looked upon the wired-up Neötype captain with a great deal of concern: Half-blinded, one arm severed, scars everywhere. He listened to the whole story, but shook his head sadly.

"Captain Snödis, I realise you were close, and I acknowledge the esteem in which you hold the Neötypes, but we have to accept that he's gone. Don't condemn yourself for any aspect of his loss: This is on Sikatris and her unleashing of Madmist on a populated area. You did all that you could, you went above and beyond that which would be expected, and you still got ripped to shreds. We don't have the Töpower for this, the Horde is in no condition right now. At the end of the day, looking at it coldly, Jö was a Frö, and has now returned to his own people, in one of their own cities, a victim of Sikatris and her madmist. Having Frö wendigoes on the loose here for them to deal with is a scandal that may well come back to harm Sikatris, and anything that hurts her right now is starting to look very appealing."

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
/// Cosmetic Items: ///
Name: Gabber
Skill: Mimicry, Listening {+30, cooldown}, Night Vision
Glory: 19->20+5 Noostra glory = 25

Gabber poured it on. The spasming Inhabited were different, more erratic, but still largely predictable. Feign left, slash forward, move up! Block right, chop left, move forward! Gabber and his fellows fought for every inch, and despite the tenacity of their foes they gave. Gabber was not sure how long it took, how many Inhabited his blade had mangled and turned into twitching husks, but soon he felled one last foe before him and it was clear - nothing but open air and line of sight right back to the nearest gate. Turning around, behind him he saw the Thumbscrew and the still raging battle bathed bright by the Breakerfly - but again there was a clear and open path back to them, back to his Lady Captain. He had done it.

Triumphant, he spurred his steed back towards the main battle, motioning for a few around him to hold the escape path. He would need to aid those under siege but was confident those left here could hold the wedge he had created. Riding back with all haste - suddenly, the battle just ended, the nearest Inhabited going stock still and ending their efforts.

Confused, Gabber gave the first he came uopn a prod with his sword; nothing. Then, a swift horizontal chop, freeing the Inhabited's neck and head from the rest of it's body. Still nothing, from either the now dead foe or his nearby mannequin compinion-kin. Had...had Grimper and the Twelve succeeded?

Making his way back, he sees the battle ceased and those triumphant few. Sees Grimper land with a thud, Twelve clutched in his arms. The Unexpectables yet again victorious, but at what cost? So many fellows dead. So many injured. Somehow, yet again Gabber finding himself fully operational, minus a superficial face wound. A sense of loss deep within, but quickly subsumed by a sense of pride at his actions.

The beginnings of a looting had begun of what could be scavenged from the many dead. He needed nothing material - well, that wasn't entirely true. The sniper's shot had torn a tear through his face and the wrap encasing it - he would need stitches, and while the wrap could be mended he did not wish to. Tearing its remains from his face, Gabber instead searched the wreckage for a fallen Inhabited facemask. Yanking at one until it came off in his hands, Gabber added it to his possessions. He would turn it into a mask - a token of what they'd accomplished, and a reminder of what it cost.

Loot an Inhabited mask: 1d100 57

Next, he rode his way towards the clustered Neotypes. He saw there had begun a heated discussion amongst them. Feeling a bit of an outsider, Gabber quickly & silently made his way up to Dack, giving him a quick and apprehensive tap on the Friendigo's horse...armor? Grabbing his attention, Gabber gave him a quick wave, then carefully unstrapped and handed the athletic chum back his baby boarlet, none worse for the wear but squealing loudly. He was glad he could hand it back to Dack, for more than one reason.

Cantering off, he scanned the crowd for his Lady Captain, finding her in the middle of it all, per usual. His heart skipped a beat - still changed, still more graceful looking than ever. Riding up directly to her, he unmounts his horse ten feet or so from her and walks the rest of the way. Going to one knee before her and planting his sword in the ground, hands resting on the hilt, Gabber bowed his head and awaited orders.Her knight had returned, victorious.

quote:

ACTIONS:

Loot an Inhabited mask. Discard the mangled facewrap. I plan on using the lower half to fashion another half mask covering a similar area that the facewrap had, though hopefully showing off my new scar. DogKisser, if you have time can you update Gabber's portrait to reflect this by the time you're ready for a new post in April?

Handing the baby boarlet back to Dack.

Awaiting orders (and praise) from Captain Noggins.

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Mar 28, 2018

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

General answer - yeah, by the time next update comes I'll update everyone's portraits and the dead people and whatnot. That's part of the reason for the break - lots had changed, and lots will change.

Also, and this is an important missed factor I'll need to edit into play post: the survivors of the Battle of Noostra gain 5 Glory each (even Mooks) in recognition of their valor! To those that have the option of Ascending now, you can address that now or any time later, so long as you have over 50 Glory.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
HP: 1/3
Glory: 37 -> 38 -> 43 -> 50 -> Ascension
Skills: Mushrooms +25
Kicking +45

Actions:
Steal Collect 7 glory from Nailbound and ascend
Heal the wounded with Mushrooms: 2d100+25 94 Updated after resonation
Grab a CQC skillcore for Snorkus: 1d100 52
Loot Booze to get Grimper drunk: 1d100 72
Drink the two Mushbrewm from Snorkus and Hat: 2d4 3

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Apr 8, 2018

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

||
Name: Trinh
Skills: Taxidermy(+50, corrupted, using), Jumping(+15), Dodging(+25, cooldown)
Glory: 20 -> 21 -> 26 -> 31

Were the inhabited getting sluggish or something? These two didn't even struggle as Trinh grabbed them. Oh well, just a slight squeeze and- no wait. They didn't have the masks. Uh... guess they were with the horde then? They weren't looking too comfortable. Oh no everyone was staring at her. Oh crap oh crap oh crap. Gotta come up with something quick.

"Ummm.... A- ahaha! I think I saw you pick up something back there. H̗̯̬̝̯͉a̹͓̥̼̺͝ń̫̝̣̟̦̭d̪ ̬͕̲̠͎̜̪i͙̳̹͔̣̘ͅt̘̖̱̮͜ͅ ̯̱̱̮̬̞́o̪̯̞͙̰͞v͍͔̘̖̻͉̣͞e̕r̥̩̥͎̙. ͍A͎̪̤̬̖ḻ̱͟l̖̲ o͠f̣͈͍͉͚͔̙ ̳͔̳̮̘͇̞į͎̹t͙̪!̺͖"

I'm ordering two nailbound to hand over their Glory. 10 in total.

Oh sweet they actually had something. Trinh dumped the brainlessly staring Frö and walked off to count her loot. This would make up for what she had spent buying that Lucky Pearl from Gado. However... keeping all of it didn't quite feel right. She hadn't missed the breakerfly exploding. That thing had saved the horde many times over today. It's owner could probably use some consolation for the loss.

I'm giving 5 Glory to Stårn. Rip Breakerfly, you were the best of us.

Jvie fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Mar 28, 2018

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Potrait:

Naim: Mason
Skillz: Mason Hootin' an' Hollerin' +15 Mason MasonryMasonFlailing +25
HeeP: Mason Mason Mason
Glury: Masonx9 -> 20 +1 glory +5 from the battle +5 from Vist

Mason walks over to his Captain Stårn in the aftermath of the fight: "Sur, Eye shure aam sorri bout yer buttorflai. Shee wus shure a bootyful bugthang. Eye am shure wee wull faind moor en thee feutur. Fer naow, pleez seand ah Mook ahaid to Mess Magda. Et es taim tuh feed Janey too mai buttorflai."

With the Mook sent to start the feeding process to Mason's Chrysalis, Mason heads down to where the wounded have been congregating.

Hootin' and Hollerin' for Heals!: 1d100+15 37

It...didn't work all that well. He needs more glory, and soon. Fortunately Mason remembers that Vist owes him a favor way back when Mason gave Vist his boomstick.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

"Y-yoo wunt mai boomsteak?" Mason asks as Vist tries to explain the very complex and big word sounding plan they had to attack the other group. Now Mason may be dumb, but he's not stupid. That big armored guy down there reminds him of Grimper, and Mason knows enough not to try and attack a Grimper like dude with his own horde without the Original Grimper. That's just DUM. "Hear yoo go, et's yer furinal!" as Mason tosses the boomstick to Vist while slowly backing away.

Mason gives Vist the dynamite!

"Vest, eye haive geven yoo plentee taime too mek dis ryght, yoor deabt too mee. Maibe Will, eye em cawling et en naow. Eye wunt mai faiv glory thet yoo oh mee.

Mason takes his 5 glory back from Vist!

Finally, Mason goes to replace his old miner's helmet with one from the corpse of his comrade. "Et dedn't qwait halp yoo, bet mebbe et wull halp mee."

Roll for Oxynard Helmut!: 1d100 93

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Mar 28, 2018

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Cosmetic:

Name: Hob

HP 2/2

Glory: 19>20

Ritual Glory : 1

Skill: Singing(cooling)+15, Contortion+15, Butterfly Riding+20

Hob saluted Snodis, and relayed his intel.

"Captain, I can report one other Wendigo roaming the city visually confirmed- corrupt vocal Skillcore, so potential for ranged monsterism spread plus sonic assaults. One unconfirmed additional Wendigo possible, Bamboos whereabouts are unknown and the nailb- ... The hordembers who were with her reported she was dragged off via thread, I'm assuming into a mist trap."

He looked concerned, but waited until the others were talking amongst themselves before he approached. B was sure that Snodis wouldn't want to lose face show weakness in front of the other captains. He asked quietly "are you ok? Do you need anything?"

Action Summary posted:

Free skillcore- climbking skillcore get: 1d100 70
If obtained, trading to Gado to get glory to offset Snödis' wire penalty

Free loot- Knock's broken gasmask, if it's kicking about?: 1d100 35

Action- Keep watch over Snödis with butterfly riding: 1d100+5+1+20+19 66

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Apr 6, 2018

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Yo, I’m going to be away tomorrow until Monday. Ringo will be rolling for healing, because we really need it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Hob posted:

... asked quietly "are you ok? Do you need anything?"

Coughing up some more blood, Snödis gave Hob a two-eyed glare.

"I'm... fine. Given the circumstances. I tried to save him... tried to help him ascend. Madmist was too strong, he lost his mind. He killed me.
OG-Tech wouldn't have it though. Stitched me up before my body hit the floor. I guess I'm immortal now? Maybe I should see someone about that...

Rampant Monsterism: 1d6+1 = 7

..." but on the whole? Yeah. Fine. C'mon, let's get out of here, do whatever needs to be done."