Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«102 »
Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Nap Ghost

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Despite knowing how Julian looks, in my head he looks like Tuvok. Descriptions of him just morph into a black elf with a serious face, every time.
I'm not going to be able to picture him any other way now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Despite knowing how Julian looks, in my head he looks like Tuvok. Descriptions of him just morph into a black elf with a serious face, every time.

To me Mother Bear is a literal bear, no matter how many times Ice says otherwise. She's an awakened bear that teaches on the island and nobody bats an eye.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

sheep-dodger posted:

To me Mother Bear is a literal bear, no matter how many times Ice says otherwise. She's an awakened bear that teaches on the island and nobody bats an eye.

I need some fan art of a bear wearing combat gear, complete with a tiiiny helmet, firing a plastic toy rifle.

e: Also, that's why it ditch water; checks out.

CourValant fucked around with this message at Jun 15, 2018 around 08:55

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

We'll always have our memories won't we? Those special memories that Iíll always treasure. You, writhing from the jellyfish sting, me, urinating on the wound.

mcclay posted:

I am hella down to play 'shoot zombies to escape capitalism: the game'

Grognan posted:

would be down for a game

numerrik posted:

I'm so down to clown, and I can make it weekly.

Jump on into the discord and send me a message. If you're not on discord the link should be in the first post. I want to see if I can get it running this week.

Jagadaishio and Magnusth were also interested, I can wrangle five players and I imagine that if someone can't make it, with four we could run a game anyway.

Still writing the next scene.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

sheep-dodger posted:

Someone re-write Mother Bear's sections of the first three books, and replace all her dialogue with a bear doing bear things. Thanks.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Random question not directly related but is this shadowrun realm the same as the new CD Projekt Red cyberpunk game?
Or they both just have alot of similarities?

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Theyíre different. Cyberpunk 2077 is based on the Cyberpunk 2020 brand, which has neither monsters nor magic, just humans and tech.

Xarbala
Feb 13, 2011

Rolling Thunder: War to the Knife, Knife to the Hilt

Why? , that's why.

Toughy posted:

Random question not directly related but is this shadowrun realm the same as the new CD Projekt Red cyberpunk game?
Or they both just have alot of similarities?

No, they're just similar.

The Cyberpunk [insert year here] universe predates SR by about a year, both were heavily inspired by the then-new popular genre of fiction, cyberpunk. For starters, SR doesn't normally have flying cars.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Ok thank you both!

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 21, 2016

Not an excellent host.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Funny, I was going for a different Star Trek character - Dr. Bashir.

Also, Fuzzy reminds me of Fie Claussell from Legend of Heroes - definitely looks and attitude, sort of backstory.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

We'll always have our memories won't we? Those special memories that Iíll always treasure. You, writhing from the jellyfish sting, me, urinating on the wound.

Having a problem with writing lately. Too much awful poo poo in the news. However, I feel like I am positively effecting people by writing neat stories here and wish to continue to do so. It's just difficult to summon the energy sometimes as I engage with politics.

Still, writing this is a good point in my life. It's a big part of what gives me purpose and keeps me going. I'll try and get up a post soon. It's just been taxing these last few days.

That said, if you're looking for ways to get involved, please do so. However big or small it is. Kids are in concentration camps. That is nothing but naked fascism. And when confronted by the fascists, you don't back down. You show them your teeth, By failing to stand up you will be picked apart one by one. History has shown us this.

Now is a pretty good time for activism or donation is what I'm saying. Either through politics in swing states, because you can phone bank from out of state, or by donating to worthy causes or political organizations. That's if you want to dip in a toe into activism, and honestly, any effort is good. Or you could get involved with your local leftist organization to help resist fascism. Or you could just talk to people. However you want to get involved, if you want to, please do. These concentration camps for kids aren't an end state. They're another step in an ongoing process. It won't stop on its own. It has to be opposed and resisted. Not by politicians. Not by merely voting. By getting involved.

Be the hero of your own story. Don't rely on others to do the job for you. Be your own hero. Participate. Even if the work is thankless.

If there's anything that I've conveyed by telling this story, it's that you don't have to save the world. It's too big. It's too abstract. You can make a dent and do your part. Small choices make for big impacts in the aggregate.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at Jun 19, 2018 around 21:37

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Ice Phisherman posted:

Small choices make for big impacts in the aggregate.

I also kinda feel bad now, because I've been using the World Cup to disengage from politics these past two weeks.

Yeah, its probably the coward's way out, and, I don't want to deal with this latest fiasco of children being locked away from their parents, and some politicians having the audacity of calling it 'kinda like summer camp'; I don't want to infect my brain with this right now.

Does no one else think that isolating all of our allies, to the point of having them all coordinate against us because of a threatening, looming 'Trade War', is of concern?

The last time there was an Eight-Nation Alliance, things didn't turn out so well for the instigator.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

CourValant posted:

I also kinda feel bad now, because I've been using the World Cup to disengage from politics these past two weeks.

Yeah, its probably the coward's way out, and, I don't want to deal with this latest fiasco of children being locked away from their parents, and some politicians having the audacity of calling it 'kinda like summer camp'; I don't want to infect my brain with this right now.

Does no one else think that isolating all of our allies, to the point of having them all coordinate against us because of a threatening, looming 'Trade War', is of concern?

The last time there was an Eight-Nation Alliance, things didn't turn out so well for the instigator.

Actually, going to have fun and retreating from politics is absolutely necessary from time to time. You can only engage with politics for so long before becoming jaded and numb. Disengaging is necessary for any sort of long term engagement. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

There are times where I force myself to take a break from politics, because it is amazingly easy to grow numb and check out. Again, this is a tactic of the fascist. It's to wear out the opposition. Remember that to the most awful of people, this is energizing. They can fight all day because they take sick pleasure in the misery of others. People on the defense don't have that option. You need to cycle out to recuperate.

Engage when you can. Retreat when you're tired. Engage, retreat, repeat. This is how you stay engaged long term.

Still, please get involved. It doesn't have to be big. Donate time or money or both if you can. Every little bit helps.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at Jun 19, 2018 around 22:04

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

This is why the prostrat is to learn to take pleasure in the misery of the fash. Cuts your break time into thirds, just make sure to not stare at the void too long

«102 »