Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

why the gently caress not

sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

i didnt read the op but we should kill merk

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

permanene, i will lead your defense but only because i think you may be eligible for a HUGE SETTLEMENT

call now. our operators are STANDING BY.

Tired Moritz posted:

Have you ever played with me before

who this

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

peramene posted:

Jeabus Mahogany, I have seen you refuse to surrender in the face of adversity and put up with a tremendous amount of horseshit. I therefore ask you to be my defense counsel

i have seen every episode of the good wife, yOU PHILISTINE

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

how often do you beat your wife, para

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Yeah, I was trying to make a "Do you still beat your wife" joke, but I hosed it up because I am dumb and not actually funny.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Growing increasingly uncomfortable with the half-jokey drive against the defendant, especially as people start voting.

Also, what is stopping the town from systematically declaring people guilty and having the judge order a search on them?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Hal Incandenza posted:

Generally agree its better not to vote pERA today even though she is being suspiciously quiet

This is a weird equivocating post. In what way is she suspiciously quiet?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Also, it has literally been two years since I last played a Mafia game (not counting the one I just played in CC). Has a meta developed around Hal that I'm not aware of?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

this is a stickup posted:

pera is extremely wordy, and the utter lack of :words: is surprising, but it's too early to for us to really say this means anything

This seems like a reach less than 24 hours after the start of the game, but what trips me up is Hal thinking something is suspicious while also thinking that "its better not to vote pERA today." (1)

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

For some reason I thought the investigation required a guilty verdict.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

peramene posted:

gulag's posting is so far the sole highlight of a bleak day in hell

gulag let's start our own mafia

r u the mafia, pera?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

b-minus1 posted:

I mean you're welcome to investigate me if you want lol. it would just be a waste and yes this is a hardclaim that i am vanilla town

that didnt answer the question

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

r u scum

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

pera, do you find anyone suspicious

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

What do you think about :

b-minus1 posted:

I mean you're welcome to investigate me if you want lol. it would just be a waste and yes this is a hardclaim that i am vanilla town

and

Hal Incandenza posted:

Generally agree its better not to vote pERA today even though she is being suspiciously quiet

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

bminus’s conduct thus far reminds me a lot of his play in “Death of the Author,” where he flipped scum. It’s the same jokey, mechanics-focused posting.

I have expressed issue with Hal’s equivocating before, but bminus’s most investigation posts give me a worse vibe. I would lean toward a discussion focused on him/her tomorrow.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Is it your previous experience with him that makes you lean scum? Because a lot of other people have discussed a pragmatic mechanics-based vote.

I have to run to work. I'll be back in the evening and I'll do what I can to make something out of this mess.

1 last question Jeabus Mahogany. Is Pera talking to you a lot in your masonry? And what besides makes you feel so certain that she's town? That is to say, besides the role you play as her attorney do you think she's come off as truthful and sincere to you in your chats, and why exactly?

Reminds me of past behavior.

b-minus1 posted:

"maybe we should not kill peranene on day 1 and instead investigate another player"
"here are two people that have mostly been afk, perhaps we could start with them"
- why these two and not you instead?!?!
"Investigate if you want but I'm town"

^^^^can you please tell me how you would respond?

Probably by stating my reasoning from the get-go and finding a justification that didn't revolve solely around lurking.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Confused. Thought the only possible votes were to declare perm innocent or guilty

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Pinterest Mom posted:

you can vote for anyone! the defendant system is a cosmetic add-on to the mafia game that allows the judge to fudge with the execution, and might give a couple players a boon.

(voting for me is probably useless, but besides that.)

Well, poo poo!

##vote: bminus

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Don't get a sxum vibe from 100. Points seem logical and consistent.

Took mord's original pist as a joke and forgot about it, but need to reread.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Mordiceius posted:

Gulag and b-minus are scum. Hth

Elaborate.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

please don't leave me out of the fishing expedition, y'all

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

100YrsofAttitude posted:

TLDR

##vote Mordiceius

This is just antagonistically obstructive.

I agree.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

My observations after thoroughly reading what's been said:

Mord's dismissiveness towards the game structure is far more vitriolic than say, pmom's. Plus they vouch for pera for some reason. I get the impression that Mord has been granted extra information about the game that makes them feel above the rules, and I can't see how that benefit would be granted to town this early in the game.

100, I went back and looked over Mord's posts. While I agree that (s)he is "antagonistic" and "dismissive," I can't think of a good reason for why scum would expose themselves by vouching for another player (1) on D1, especially when there was minimal non-joke pressure on that player. Both the manner in timing strike me as odd strategy for an anti-town role.

If Mord does have additional information, I can't see how a scum player could be that confident.

I still prefer bminus for the lynch.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Do footnotes upset you, PMom? I know it has been a while since I've broken them out (1), but I am sure that you will agree that my David Wallace Foster (2) style posting has been a boon for the town in games past (3), (4). It isn't a perfect tactic. I know that some have criticized it as unnecessary and obtuse. Still others have pointed out that it can be obtuse (5) or unnecessary (6).

While the record is ultimately mixed, I feel that it has some utility in building cases (7). I can get carried away with the gimmick, but that is a risk for any poster.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

QuoProQuid posted:

Do footnotes upset you, PMom? I know it has been a while since I've broken them out (1), but I am sure that you will agree that my David Wallace Foster (2) style posting has been a boon for the town in games past (3), (4). It isn't a perfect tactic. I know that some have criticized it as unnecessary and obtuse. Still others have pointed out that it can be obtuse (5) or unnecessary (6).

While the record is ultimately mixed, I feel that it has some utility in building cases (7). I can get carried away with the gimmick, but that is a risk for any poster.

ah beans, messed up my own jokes again by failing to preview a post again

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

tbqh, there's no votecount in the op and i legit have no idea who is voting for whom

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Votecount for Day 1

b-minus1 (1): QuoProQuid
Diqnol (1): Jeabus Mahogany
100YrsofAttitude (1): Diqnol
Jonathan Fisk (1): Pinterest Mom
Tired Moritz (1): Tired Moritz
peramene (1): this is a stickup
Mordiceius (1): 100YrsofAttitude

Not Voting (8): b-minus1, GulagDolls, Hal Incandenza, Jonathan Fisk, Mordiceius, peramene, Retro Futurist, vector_to

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 29th, 2017 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 22 hours, 20 minutes.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Pinterest Mom posted:

b-, town

I'm sure TM will be happy to clear that up.

FWIW, in HBII: "Governor's Son(Survivor Jester): Absconds when Judged Guilty and given any non-death sentence or wins with town."

Can I assume that, because you are not voting for him, b-town did not flip scum?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

im illiterate

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Mord ended the day pointing a finger at me (1), (2), which seems, in context, more serious than his previous suspicions (3). He was otherwise a fairly minor disruptive force (4) who had attracted some serious suspicion over the previous day (5). It would seem to make more sense to keep him alive to sow chaos than to kill him.

Unless the kill was random or done for meta reasons, the kill looks like it was intended to sow suspicion against me.

Rereading.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Looking back, the only things resembling attacks from yesterday were from 100 (1), (2), but the former post is a joke and the latter is a clarifying question, and Hal (3), which was also just a clarifying response.

I get town vibes from 100 because of her logic and casing (4). Hal hasn't posted enough for me to have a good read on him and I wouldn't be comfortable pursuing a case against him at the moment.

peramene posted:

Ladies and gentlemen of the Jury,

The mechanics give me a headache, but I think the strongest play is to do what we did yesterday: Split the vote between two players and have to searches.

Agree with you on PMom and think her flips ought to be validated as soon as possible.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Wait, was there a third flip?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Little Mac posted:

Sorry for the late post. Had plans tonight and set the time for six so I would be able to end the day before I left, but company showed up early.

JUDGE, please use an [INDICT] action on 100YrsOfAttitude.
JUDGE, please use an [INDICT] action on b-minus1.

These actions must be chosen in-thread.

??????????????

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Is there reason to believe that 100 is self-aligned and not acting with a posse?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

GulagDolls posted:

oh. 100 years was only interested in the kill everyone plan due to being an invulnerable murderer

invulnerable?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I tentatively agree with PMom that there is... a significant risk of trying to split the vote when 100 has a vested interest in ensuring that that does not occur. I would be uneasy in participating in such a plan.

I think the best option is to vote GUILTY on 100, have the judge stump her, and play the game normally. I don't want to waste an alignment flip unless 100 has other partners and/or we have a good idea who the Mafia is. If 100 wants to continue "playing as town" and scumhunting, she can continue to do so... as a stump.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

peramene posted:

I suppose this would be the town-aligned use of this ability.

Does it nullify all the person's votes for that day or just the specific vote on a person?

If I vote for you and you object, can I switch my vote to Jeabus?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Diqnol posted:

I won't lie to you all. I'm really not feeling the concept of reading the thread right now. Still have a couple of days, though!

thx for letting us kno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

It seemed important to look at the night kill because most of the D1 posts were jokes. Looking over Mord's posts, the intent seemed to be a frame job, which happened in the last Mafia game I played.

I prefer footnotes to quoting. Generally only lstter use when I am on mobile.

Mom, is there any content in the 100 discussion that seems suspicious to you? It seems like a good way to boost activity without committing reads.

• Locked thread