Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I booted up WW2 again and got a skeleton helmet. You could say I’m boneheaded for thinking of playing this again. :drac:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Word.

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1009103831228207104

:getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOHlmclU42I

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 19, 2018

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Probably full of hacked lobbies just like all the other backwards compatible CoD titles.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Lambert posted:

Probably full of hacked lobbies just like all the other backwards compatible CoD titles.

I think the hackers are too busy ruining BO2 since they figured how to upload a cheat menu to the community files (or whatever it’s called, I can’t remember). Last time I checked MW3 had the occasional invisible hacker but that was it.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Lambert posted:

It’s really only bo2 that’s unplayable on 360

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I. Bugs the hell out of me seeing IIII in articles, just needed to ventilate.

What's the general feeling been on WW2? Seems like a very forgettable entry; I cancelled after the beta.

WW2 is less awful than it started out. I'm still playing off and on, and the new game types are at least interesting (Hordepoint is even fun) - It was the worst COD at launch, now it's middling.

I pre-ordered Blops 1111, on the XBone because I am not an animal.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

here's a thread for the next piece of poo poo https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3860875

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Ah, fine work as always Stu. Now if you can just find a way to lootbox your posts you'd make a killing.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

ethanol posted:

It’s really only bo2 that’s unplayable on 360

World at War as well. And probably others.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Lambert posted:

World at War as well. And probably others.

Mw2 is rough.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...
Got the M14 in Blops III today, can confirm it's a good gun.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Let’s play Bloops 3 tonight. I’m house sitting and it’s kinda boring.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Mill Village posted:

Let’s play Bloops 3 tonight. I’m house sitting and it’s kinda boring.

I might hop on for some BLOPS 3 in a few and join you.

In other news, I hit Prestige Master in WW2. I had failed to do so in IW, mostly because people stopped playing that game on Xbone.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

New update to WW2. They have added riot shields :getin:

I will experiment using it and Saboteur later and see if the satchel and shield combo is as good as it used to be.

Combatace
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I've started dicking around in Blops 3. Who's genius idea was it to make a UAV a five killstreak? I don't know if I'm rusty or not, but I can't get a streak more than four playing this.

At least I can still do stupid poo poo and record it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Combatace posted:

I've started dicking around in Blops 3. Who's genius idea was it to make a UAV a five killstreak? I don't know if I'm rusty or not, but I can't get a streak more than four playing this.

Treyarch. That’s now been the base for UAV in both IW and WW2 I think as well. It’s really done wonders to cut down the endless UAV spam. IW had streak variants where you could get an even more expensive one which owned for getting higher streaks. My only issue with it is Macy’s took too long to make me see the light on it.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Combatace posted:

People whined about “UAV spam” so they made it harder to get.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Then there was Ghosts that just outright removed it. People don't wanna run a launcher because it makes them feel like they'll be shot and killed in the .2 seconds it takes to locate a UAV.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bumper Stickup posted:

Then there was Ghosts that just outright removed it. People don't wanna run a launcher because it makes them feel like they'll be shot and killed in the .2 seconds it takes to locate a UAV.

Sat Coms loving owned, though.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
They were awful and drat near everyone hated them.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I didn’t bother running them because sound-whoring was better.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Having fun with the riot shield but I keep getting dashboarded every game or two. Anyone else having that issue?

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Sat Coms loving owned, though.

They sucked in pickup games because if you wanted the actual UAV effect, you had to sit on yours until a pubbie placed theirs.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Supposedly, and it may be fixed already, but Serrated with the WW2 riot shields increases their range and melee speed

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I feel the riot shield is kind of dumb. I'm interested to see how this new class holds up in objective games once leveled up. I'm assuming that Dom points get captured faster during the 3rd tier power?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
it's hilarious in War because I'll crouch next to the tank and people will just stare at me until they get blindsided by a non-shield-haver

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Dom points capture faster and you can build faster it's pretty nice if you like doing objectives

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

moist turtleneck posted:

it's hilarious in War because I'll crouch next to the tank and people will just stare at me until they get blindsided by a non-shield-haver

https://i.imgur.com/88PxgPQ.mp4

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I played cod again after not playing it for a couple of months, and they added a ton of stuff, it's great.
That one perk that gives you random weapons all the time is also amazing, so much fun.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

As a person who was against WWII for a bit... they added a fuckin' riot shield, huh.

Maybe it might be good.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

shut up blegum posted:

I played cod again after not playing it for a couple of months, and they added a ton of stuff, it's great.
That one perk that gives you random weapons all the time is also amazing, so much fun.

poo poo I would've loved that if it were in BLOPS 1.
To this day, I still remember the night we were telling pubbies to pick our builds for us, and still winning.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

widespread posted:

As a person who was against WWII for a bit... they added a fuckin' riot shield, huh.

Maybe it might be good.

they own

https://i.imgur.com/bynXnPV.mp4

(unless theres fire)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
When and why did Black Ops 3 get a 9 gig update. :confused:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

VJeff posted:

When and why did Black Ops 3 get a 9 gig update. :confused:

That's probably the Back in Black stuff. (4 remake maps if you pre-order BLOPS4 on the PS store)

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Nostalgia. I wonder if this guy ever ended up doing something with his editing style since no one else on YouTube was editing stuff like this at the time he was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUU2PYk6mTk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qabzNykzooA

Yes, I did hear Whatcha Say randomly today, yes I know it's not the original song.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Just finished Black Ops 3's campaign. I thought I knew what was happening (I shot myself after killing Hendricks, everything after that is my brain falling apart), then I went online and read up on the actual story. What. :psyduck:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

VJeff posted:

Just finished Black Ops 3's campaign. I thought I knew what was happening (I shot myself after killing Hendricks, everything after that is my brain falling apart), then I went online and read up on the actual story. What. :psyduck:

Yeah it’s pretty awesome how the real story is literally the flying wall of text at the start of the 2nd mission and the game itself is a hallucination / AI fuckup as you die.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
See, I sorta already knew that part, but then I read the stuff about me hijacking Taylor's DNI or some poo poo??? :psyduck:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

VJeff posted:

See, I sorta already knew that part, but then I read the stuff about me hijacking Taylor's DNI or some poo poo??? :psyduck:

Yeah it’s all entwined between what’s AI and the mixed consciousness that’s told throughout the story. Honestly, it’s super trippy and kinda cool if they had actually played with that and made the earlier level design aware of what was happening. By the time the “story” is aware of the infection and you’re doing the weird forest poo poo, it’s kinda so removed from everything else that it doesn’t lend to the idea that EVERYTHING you played was a simulation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

There’s a campaign mode???

• Locked thread