Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Vargs posted:

Do you think they get their helmets caught on branches and poo poo all the time? A formation of Khorne Chaos Warriors marching through the forest, leaving behind a quarter of their number struggling to dislodge themselves in frustration.

This is the real reason for low movement range and attrition in athel loren.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Vargs posted:

Do you think they get their helmets caught on branches and poo poo all the time? A formation of Khorne Chaos Warriors marching through the forest, leaving behind a quarter of their number struggling to dislodge themselves in frustration.

Obviously they smash straight through any branches.

Anyway I think those renders are from an artists portfolio from work on the trailer, not necessarily representing anything ingame.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Vargs posted:

their rage feeds Khorne

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

kanonvandekempen posted:

Obviously they smash straight through any branches.

Anyway I think those renders are from an artists portfolio from work on the trailer, not necessarily representing anything ingame.

In Athel Loren, branches smash you.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Scott Forstall posted:

Possible leaked render of a Warrior of Khorne?

From reddit

I mean it looks like the ones in the trailer, there's nothing really new here?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

im hype for the 4 chaos gods, you could probably make a pretty decent TW game with just them alone

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Scott Forstall posted:

Possible leaked render of a Warrior of Khorne?

From reddit
Why are there spikes on the insides of their hat fins? Are they like a beetle's pincers?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
They just like spikes.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kanonvandekempen posted:

But the trailer was made using the game engine, wasnt it? I swear I saw that thing popup at the beginning of the announcement trailer, but I'm working and cant check right now.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

But the trailer was made using the game engine, wasnt it? I swear I saw that thing popup at the beginning of the announcement trailer, but I'm working and cant check right now.

Nope.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Asehujiko posted:

Why are there spikes on the insides of their hat fins? Are they like a beetle's pincers?

If you manage to pass your hand through there without touching the spikes, he has to give you a treat (Khorne's Law)

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Don’t know if this has already been pointed out but TW3 has a steam page now listing a Late 2021 release date. Earlier than expected.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Captain Oblivious posted:

Don’t know if this has already been pointed out but TW3 has a steam page now listing a Late 2021 release date. Earlier than expected.
Huh? They said late 2021 when they dropped the announcement trailer.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Excited for the Warriors of Korn mod

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

That dude's neck muscles must be incredible

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I mean here you go

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/eaWWnb

(not from reddit but who I presume to be the artist)

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

That dude's neck muscles must be incredible

The blood god blesses his chosen followers with a lightweight polystyrene alloy

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's just the Khorne style.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
skullcrusher is specifically referring to the weighty helmets

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I weep for those who cannot laugh at Turin jokes

e: I use "joke" loosely here but I can't imagine anyone posting on this forum doesn't appreciate a good idiot pun

Beats Heir's sense of humor. He talks about poop so much that I am genuinely worried he has a scat fetish.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

In Warhammer, there are a few truths:

1. None of the armor makes sense.
2. Chaos is constantly, and I mean loving CONSTANTLY, Mary Sue-d by GW.
3. Chorf hats are the hattiest.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Asehujiko posted:

it's a blade catcher ofc

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Khorne is the bull god, but chaos dwarfs have terrible eyesight

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Hats for the Hat God!

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Hats for the hat throne!

(throne also made of hats)

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

For those interested, some timelapse videos of what the AI does on the campaign map if left to their own devices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYvtKSN65IE Tyrion losing the Highelf civil war ending with Empire smushed between Greenskins and Darkelves with a rogue army controlling lustria.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USgTWrUp4qE Highelf and Dwarven alliance wiping out the vampire infestation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnUDXkAbdzY Alith Anar has HAD IT with Darkelves existing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBnAIE0RWl0 For Sigmar.

Slowly catching up to the thread, but I just have to ask. In vid two, what are the two latter music titles? I know it's famous video game music from the same game, but I'm wrecking my brain and simply can't remember where it's from. It's not Lufia, is it?

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Torrannor posted:

Slowly catching up to the thread, but I just have to ask. In vid two, what are the two latter music titles? I know it's famous video game music from the same game, but I'm wrecking my brain and simply can't remember where it's from. It's not Lufia, is it?

Mystic Quest had a very good OST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUGDp39srk0

Hargrimm fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Apr 28, 2021

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Yes, gently caress, that's it! Thanks so much, and it did. Just like Final Fantasy Adventure, Secret of Mana, and Secret of Mana 2. All of the Mana games, really.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

The Chorf DLC better be titled something like "Get Hatted On" or "Hashut's Hat Emporium" or something.

They need their hats. The hats and the Assyrian beard braids are a good 80% of their power.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I like the chorf design where its clearly very racist but you can't get anyone to agree on what race its racist against

I hope they don't stray too far and make them boring by compensating

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Communist Thoughts posted:

I like the chorf design where its clearly very racist but you can't get anyone to agree on what race its racist against

I hope they don't stray too far and make them boring by compensating

Mostly racist against Ashurbanipal and the Assyrians but they’re kind of thousands of years dead so

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's just the Khorne style.

I like that this infers there's different rankings of Skullcrushers.

I want to see the Wimpy Skullcrushers.

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I like that this infers there's different rankings of Skullcrushers.

I want to see the Wimpy Skullcrushers.

I really appreciated this and wanted you to know it made me smile.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The Normal Skullcrushers

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Weird how they claim to serve Khorne but destroy perfectly good skulls.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

By crushing the skull the skull essence is released into the Aether to be reformed as part of the Skull Throne.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Lord_Magmar posted:

By crushing the skull the skull essence is released into the Aether to be reformed as part of the Skull Throne.

Pee is stored in the skull

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

There are smaller skulls inside the normal skulls, skull pinatas!

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

jokes posted:

Pee is stored in the skull

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Ogres are Hungary, as everyone knows. So why do they dress like steppe nomads? glad you asked.

quote:

By the end of the nineteenth century, the search for Hungary’s Hunnic past had gradually coalesced into a theory called Turanism. (The name ultimately derives from Old Persian, in which Turan meant something like “the land of darkness” and designated a fringe region of the Sassanid Empire inhabited by unruly nomads.) Part political movement and part religious revival, Turanism was big-­tent nationalism in the style of pan-­Slavism and pan-­Germanism, born of Hungary’s nineteenth-­century imperial ambitions. It held that the Hungarian people hailed from Asia, were related to Turks and other Central Asian peoples, and that their nomadic and pagan history should serve as the basis for Hungary’s cultural life and foreign policy, rather than being subordinate to the concerns of their nominal Austrian Hapsburg overlords.

After Austria-­Hungary’s defeat in World War I, Turanism became an ideology of resentment, serving as inspiration to Hungarian fascist movements. It offered a way for Hungarians to become equal competitors in the racialized violence of the inter­war years—in a world in which Nazis were proclaiming their historic mission as leader of the Aryan nations, it made sense for Hungary to cast a wide net in search of friends. In the Turanist imaginary, Bulgaria, Turkey, and Japan were all possible allies whose support could be used to claw back the greatness (and territory) that had slipped away after Hungary’s defeat. Beginning with the postwar communist takeover of Hungary, however, Turanism was banned. Its leading journals ceased publication, its institutes were shuttered, and its scholars (such as they were) were silenced. Activists prominent in the movement’s glory days of the 1930s either left for exile or died in obscurity.

As Turanism was driven underground, its ideas took on new and fantastical forms. Émigré scholars and nativist autodidacts met secretly in rural museums and published samizdat treatises filled with runic letters and outlandish ethnological hypotheses. In these pamphlets, ancient Magyars mingle with and beget Parthians, Sumerians, Mayans, Basques, anyone, really, without a firmly established line of ancestry. Sometimes, the theories ranged even farther, to Atlantis and Asgard. Thor was deemed Hungarian, as were Jesus and King Arthur. One account posited that the first Magyars were extraterrestrials from a planet orbiting Sirius B.