Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Yes, I just remembered that next Friday is a long weekend in Khemri. Gonna Tomb King so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurlapNapkin
Feb 11, 2013
Alright, I waded through the nightmare forest of interconnected tables and sorted out the various conflicts involved in splitting a leader off from a faction (and then also making that faction playable). I figured this was a good complex case that covered all the things?

(probably should overwrite the faction's base army as well)

Those of you who've messed with mods far more than I; any particular cases I should test here to make sure I've got a simple faction unlock sorted out here?

I will probably wait until this huge tomb king patch happens to start flipping every minor faction on, but it doesn't seem like an insane task.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

What's a good mod for Greenskin Waaaaghs? It's my current favorite faction, but I can't stand the Fightiness mechanic. Especially when I recruit a new lord and have to spend a couple of turns building the army, so I immediately have to start attacking and raiding or just lose that army to infighting.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

BurlapNapkin posted:

Alright, I waded through the nightmare forest of interconnected tables and sorted out the various conflicts involved in splitting a leader off from a faction (and then also making that faction playable). I figured this was a good complex case that covered all the things?

(probably should overwrite the faction's base army as well)

Those of you who've messed with mods far more than I; any particular cases I should test here to make sure I've got a simple faction unlock sorted out here?

I will probably wait until this huge tomb king patch happens to start flipping every minor faction on, but it doesn't seem like an insane task.

Good luck with your endeavours, im sad to say ive not got too much experience with faction unlockers as they just seem such a horrible hassle to get working.

Oh and if you do get it working your next project should be a "new world invades old world" mod where all the WH2 lords are closer/start in the old world (Consier Malekith starting in Nordland for instance, Morathi in Bretonnia somewhere..). I'd do it myself if it wasn't such a daunting task.

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

Devorum posted:

What's a good mod for Greenskin Waaaaghs? It's my current favorite faction, but I can't stand the Fightiness mechanic. Especially when I recruit a new lord and have to spend a couple of turns building the army, so I immediately have to start attacking and raiding or just lose that army to infighting.

Greenskins and Skaven are at the top for factions that benefit the most from raiding their own territory. Raidin' Camp stance gives you full recruitment, replenishment and positive fightiness per turn in the army and then the rebels give you cash and more fightiness.

Don't know of any mods to change how it works, but for vanilla the secret is just "never be not raiding"

Jum-Jum
Oct 23, 2013
https://strawpoll.com/e25rxfd8

I think its fair to say by this poll that they should update the old LLs.
Personally I think it sounds more like a cop-out excuse to avoid updating them, now they don't have that excuse!

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
Unless it's a multiplayer thing just use one of the many good mods which brings them up to speed? I started with wh2 and played a few old world LL games since and mods have if anything made them *more* fun to play.

It's like people are being willfully annoyed when there's plenty of solutions right in front of them.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Keep away from children
Steel Faith recommends a LL overhaul mod which does the trick.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'd rather the dev updated the game so mods were alterations rather than patches.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

maev posted:

Steel Faith recommends a LL overhaul mod which does the trick.

Which one out of interest? I'm planning a Gelt ME run with the Legitimacy mod (does it even run with ME?) before I snap up TKs. LL mod recommendations are welcome. I usually only play with Rebanner, Gejnor's various race mods, and home province movement bonuses.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
RPS says TK are really good, but the integration into the Vortex Campaign isn't the best.

quote:

The Tomb Kings are ultimately a great addition to Warhammer’s perpetually pissed-off factions, but their poor integration into the Vortex campaign suggests that Creative Assembly haven’t quite figured out how to add factions who don’t share the core participants’ objectives. Consider this, then, a slightly more emphatic recommendation if you’ve got access to the Mortal Empires sandbox, where everyone is competing in the same race to conquer the world.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/01/19/total-war-warhammer-2-tomb-kings-review/

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Eh, CA has said that not having the Tomb Kings take part in the Vortex race was intentional. They don't really give a poo poo about what the rest of the races of the world are up to, so they don't care who gets control of the Vortex one way or another. The reason they're traipsing around the world is to get the books of Nagash to the Black Pyramid, which I find pretty appropriate.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I like the vortex campaign for giving a win condition that isn't conquering most of the map, but I'm not married to it as the best way to do that. The TKs having their own thing is a good thing in my opinion.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Be advised, various youtubers have gotten early TK access and are posting videos.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

That dude also says the Tomb Kings are out to collect the The Books of Nagash "Sacred texts written by their progenitor" so feel free to ignore anything written by someone so ignorant of the noble histories of Nehekhara would write.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Rygar201 posted:

That dude also says the Tomb Kings are out to collect the The Books of Nagash "Sacred texts written by their progenitor" so feel free to ignore anything written by someone so ignorant of the noble histories of Nehekhara would write.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I assumed he played as Arkhan, so all this stuff is just Fake News as far as he's concerned.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

A Necrotect decapitates three men, with a whip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHO8YGSV7oQ&t=36s

:allears:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

A Necrotect decapitates three men, with a whip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHO8YGSV7oQ&t=36s

:allears:

They know them some whipping down in Khemri.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Night10194 posted:

They know them some whipping down in Khemri.

yeah that's actually in the fluff

Necrotects were in charge of getting the immense constructs to honor the gods finished ON-loving-SCHEDULE and UNDER-loving-BUDGET

they are very good at two things: keeping constructs looking spiffy, and whipping the everloving poo poo out of their subordinates. that those subordinates are now incapable of feeling pain is a source of minor irritation to them.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Tomb Scorpions look so loving cool. Their stats look a bit meh, but their attack animations give them long periods of invulnerability when they dive underground and they have huge AOE splash. They're basically perfect for munching hordes of infantry, especially Dwarfs since they knock them around like crazy and they have huge AP damage.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

You guys thought this was a joke in the patch notes, it's not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaYvSzTbqb4&t=69s

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
If it's good enough for Youtubers, they should just release it already.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Welp, archers in Khalida's army can wind up insane. I think something like 50% bonus missile damage and 20% bonus AP missile damage, extra reload speed, and like 50% additional ammunition.

E: Had mixed up.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 19, 2018

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

turn off the TV posted:

Welp, archers in Khalida's army can wind up insane. I think something like 50% bonus missile damage and 20% bonus AP missile damage, extra reload speed, and like 50% additional ammunition.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Don't tomb kings traditionally rely on insane Lord buffs to make their terrible core units viable?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The only thing I still want to know about Tomb Kings is if Arkhan has a separate ending from the others. I'll live if he doesn't, but it would be very cool if he does.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Arglebargle III posted:

Don't tomb kings traditionally rely on insane Lord buffs to make their terrible core units viable?

Yeah, and it's a bit of the mix on how it worked in TT and how previous LL's have had army bonuses here. I only saw Settra and Khalida's skills, and both of them had a mix of "all units in army" and "all units within the lord's aura" type buffs.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
One thing of note and quite a bit of a surprise for me atleast is that Settras special chariot mount, Chariot of the Gods, is actually the very last mount option in the campaign and comes after the Warsphinx.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Keep away from children

Vlex posted:

Which one out of interest? I'm planning a Gelt ME run with the Legitimacy mod (does it even run with ME?) before I snap up TKs. LL mod recommendations are welcome. I usually only play with Rebanner, Gejnor's various race mods, and home province movement bonuses.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1181665600

It should address your LL woes.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Gejnor posted:

One thing of note and quite a bit of a surprise for me atleast is that Settras special chariot mount, Chariot of the Gods, is actually the very last mount option in the campaign and comes after the Warsphinx.

Man, I hope this chariot is badass enough to justify taking over a warsphinx

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Kaza42 posted:

I haven't seen any stats, gameplay or anything but I'm sure it's flying in some of the screenshots.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Fellblade posted:

I haven't seen any stats, gameplay or anything but I'm sure it's flying in some of the screenshots.

It's not. Arkan the Black gets a flying chariot as his final mount, not Settra.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Kaza42 posted:

It's less damage in return for better melee attack, 80 speed, a higher charge bonus and magical+fire damage.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

I dont know posted:

It's not. Arkan the Black gets a flying chariot as his final mount, not Settra.

I only saw Arkhan's used in one clip so I can't be positive, but it looks like it's just FLOATING like some boring rear end ghost rather than flying

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007
Total War: Warhammer 2 - screams gunfire

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Surtha Ek has got competition for top chariot boi.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

jokes posted:

Surtha Ek has got competition for top chariot boi.

Settra is the OG chariot boi

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

turn off the TV posted:

Found my first TK lord to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Seriously, Khalida looks like she's going to be my favorite TK.