Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

How do you do a WE campaign? I feel like I'm sitting around for 40 turns since I can't afford an army big enough to conquer anyone nearby and I can't confederate with anyone because I can't intimidate them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Senor Dog posted:

The red fang dudes you start at war with always pull in karak azul against me which is lame af.

They need to move wurrzag to the blue vipers spot so I can play greenskins without fighting dwarves all goddang day.

This. If they moved any lord out of the badlands would be fantastic. I hate slogging against Dwarves (especially since they’re my favorite faction, and I feel sad when I kill them)

The faction unlocker mod is doesn’t cut it, since most of the side factions have a very limited roster.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Anyone notice that since the last patch, the last guy in a squad is somehow insanely hard to kill? Maybe it's only when they're routing, or maybe only post-battle, or maybe thats the only time I notice it. I think it's a bug, but now the last man standing can take a crazy amount of punishment before he finally goes down.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Is there a mod to put full TWW1 factions in the Vortex campaign? I tried the unlocker, but most of the TWW1 factions in the vortex campaign has a very limited roster, and none of the legendary lords.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Is there a "preview auto-resolve results" mod or something? I realized that auto-resolve is a lovely mechanic where I have to a gamble if I want to save time.

When the real gamble is my having to actually fight the battle if I don't like auto-resolve results.

Im tired of having to reload the autosave when it decides to hate my expensive troops.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

As a guy whose never played a single turn for a single Vampire Counts campaign in either game, I’m super excited for this next DLC.

Zombies are lame and boring, zombies on a ship are marginally less so, zombies MADE of ships on the other hand...

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Anno posted:

Neat: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1559911311

I love that CA are bringing so many new mechanics into the campaign. Not only just because that's good, but because it gives modders even more to work with.

I need someone to mod the Pirate Cove mechanic for the skaven. “Build rats nest” would be hella thematic, and good since skaven suck at holding territory, make crappy money from large territories, and have food problems. Free money/food/corruption without having to hold territory seems like a no-brainer.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

The thing I’m actually most stoked about is that I can play Orcs and not have to spent 80 turns fighting Dwarves.

It’s a pain in the rear end, and it makes me sad, because Dwarves are one of my favorite factions.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

I have a pretty good Grom Vortex campaign going on. I got an early treaty with Setra, so I rolled up everything south of Nehekara after a hell war with the lizards and rats. Getting on Setra's good side is great because he keeps elves out of my back yard. Upgraded super-gobbos in front, with some trolls and black orcs behind, 2 rock throwers and a gobbo machine gun line provides a surprisingly powerful army against anything in the south.

The problem was actually taking it to the elves in the late game. The two problems I have are phoenix spam and sisters. Sisters shred black orcs and trolls, and out-range my gobbo firing line. Phoenixes dive-bomb my archers and I can't do poo poo about it. Even my mighty gobbos, with their pointy sticks and armor made of trash fished out of a ravine eventually succumb to their phoenix guard and swordmasters.

How do you deal with late-game elf armies?

The Atomic Man-Boy fucked around with this message at 09:05 on May 27, 2020

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Any tips/mods that make having an actually fun Wood elf campaign possible?

They're still my favorite faction roster, but god their campaigns just suck. Amber sucks, the un-confederatable factions that never leave their capital suck, the inability to build useful bases outside the forest suck, the tech tree sucks. I hope they're the next faction to get a rework, because man, it's hard to get over the suck.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Elukka posted:

Playing a Vortex ME campaign, so far it's the easiest time I've had but it's fun to be very explosively destructive. Making -10k a turn, but it's fine cause I sacked Elf cities for 120k. Orconomics.

Settra really likes the elves. He undid our military access and non-aggression pacts and declared war over me sacking Lothern and a few other places.

I feel like trolls don't really tend to break in general as long as you place them near regular troops.

Weird, every time I played Grom, I got Settra in a defensive alliance where he would keep the elves off my lawn.

As for trolls, and monstrous infantry in general, it's really useful to stick them in a blob with regular infantry. It keeps them from getting swarmed but still lets them do their splash attacks on the enemy blob. A unit of goblins and trolls will usually outperform 2 units of big'uns, even if they cost the same. This goes double for tanky/regenerating monstrous infantry like trolls/skin wolves/treekin.

A useful explainer on splash attacks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thWs9MQB7DA

The Atomic Man-Boy fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Dec 20, 2020

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

I thought the heardstone were supposed to prevent enemies from occupying nearby settlements. But enemies are just setting up shop willy-nilly in my bloodgrounds. Is it a bug? Maybe I have a mod that's screwing with it.

Elves, in MY bloodground? It's more likely than you think.

The Atomic Man-Boy fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jul 16, 2021

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

I wish Taurox would stop shouting about his 'swimmies'.

He's more talking about how much he loves his Wheaties. Which clearly he's been using as part of a balanced breakfast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Ditto, I actually enjoy reading the 40k wiki, I like the world building. But I’d never get into the tabletop game, the last thing I need in my life is more plastic crap.