Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Vlex posted:

I remember reading that TWW1 was originally not going to mesh with 2, and that many of the FLCs we have today are the result of the game's rampant success emboldening the publisher and permitting CA to go nuts with TWW2. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think it was designed to be played as a giant game and the fact that the joint map is coming out after the game is released, rather than being the main feature, suggests to me that they were envisioned as standalones first.

I guess you could argue pre-orders were a rampant success, but the combined map has been a planned/publisized feature since before TWW1 was released.

E;fb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
I payed skaven first, did I ruin the rest of the factions? Playing dark elves now and my line infantry die faster than clan rats, my magic is worse, my artillery is worse, ranged might be a bit better but eh.

Might just quit this campaign and play Skrolk instead.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Why even bother when you can just sit 1cm across the border and get the same but more.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

boho posted:

Intervention armies could use a polish pass. Having a Skaven stack with no less than 4 Hellpit Abominations, (not counting the warp cannons, death globadiers, stormvermin, and death runners) is maybe just a wee bit too much for turn 25. My level 3 capital garrison put up an excellent fight which bloodied the stack enough to let my main stack finish it off, but it still got razed in the process, putting me out ~40k gold in lost buildings + rebuild costs. I'm just not sure how to respond to a tier 3 intervention so early in the game outside of camping your main army in the capitol for 10 turns, which is almost as devastating in opportunity cost.

I'm a big fan of the 6 dragon plus lord on dragon high elf intervention army that pops up next to your capital and assaults the next turn.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Panfilo posted:

Best of all it gives you a chance to ambush them on your turn, potentially defeating a strong enemy army that normally would wipe the floor with you.

Doesn’t Queek already do this plus better everything else?

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

If Lu Bu won't be able to slaughter thousands of grunts on his own then I'll be disappointing.

I dunno what Guan Yu and Zhang Fei were thinking in that trailer, you do not pursue Lu Bu!

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Kaza42 posted:

Man, I hope this chariot is badass enough to justify taking over a warsphinx

I haven't seen any stats, gameplay or anything but I'm sure it's flying in some of the screenshots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Ravenfood posted:

e: Minus the part where he says " make battles take longer". gently caress, why is this such an obsession among modders.

Irrespective of this mod I’d say it’s pretty obvious, the battles are the only quality part of the game.

Base game is like 90/10 - bad/good, longer battles evens that out a bit.

Plus they are all grogs who think tactical planning and requiring any kind of time sensitive reaction are mutually exclusive.