Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010

Tirranek posted:

Yeah, and Warriors of Chaos would really benefit from having this mechanic as well, I think.

Absolutely. This is what I meant when I talked about not back-porting new horde mechanics to WoC making them feel not so great to play on campaign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010
VC chat: The zombie deckhands with bombs are alright in the early game in battles but are one of those units that seem really really well rated in autoresolve, presumably because autoresolve assumes they are throwing 100% of their bombs into the enemy which is much harder to actually do in combat. You can use them to pad out your early game crapstacks to get better autoresolve odds.

Other than that, focus on getting vampire captains with the lore of vampires ASAP, you shouldn't have any problems w/ anything by the time you get wind of death.

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010
TW3 is basically unplayable at this point. Sad!

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010
VCounts could definitely use a little love eventually, not that they're bad but free skellies is both so boring and so good. Make it 50% off instead of free and add capstone techs that extend similar discounts to other units besides zombies maybe? Agreed that VCounts don't need to smash multiple armies on the enemy all the time like Tomb Kings, you only really need to do that if you're autoresolving a lot. You can get in there and cheese tons of wins with just winds of death and maybe a mortis engine

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010
Whoa leaked footage of CA devs hosting a QA with fans from the official TW forums:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qLHb2GxL2Q

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010
I am reasonably hyped to play tomorrow, I'm trying really hard to temper my expectations as I got a new PC that could run TWW2 in November 2020, so I got to experience the game after a few years of balance patches and free DLC. I have spent approximately 99.9 percent of my SP playing mortal empires and not the vortex campaign. There certainly looks to be enough to keep me entertained in TWW3 for a few months but I also see tons of room for expansion in the army rosters.

I'm thinking I'll do katerina first, then ogres, then one of the demon factions. Who are you guys thinking for your first campaign?

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010
I agree that the monogod factions seem a little underwhelming and will likely be the first to get additional love via DLC since the rosters are so limited and there's only 1 LL per faction. Curious how to expand them in a satisfying way since the chaos rosters seem limited by design - how many different kinds of fast cav can Slaanesh get? Or slow, high-hp tanks for Nurgle? The Chaos Undivided faction seems better by virtue of having access to all four rosters to make exciting armies, while the monogod faction rosters seem limited to a very certain kind of playstyle

Nurgle seems to be positioned to be the weakest faction on release - the existing TWW2 meta (which doesn't seem set to change that much in TWW3) that favors artillery, missile infantry and AoE magic shits all over his roster, with his only seeming counter being the LL's artillery attack itself and the Nurgle Soul Grinder, which won't come online until T4 or T5 I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010
VCounts are one of my favorites to play of all time partially because you literally can't spam missiles but TBH cavalry being dogshit really hurts them, I wish black knights weren't total rear end and even blood knights feel underwhelming to use.

I could see Khorne faction picking up some units with missile attacks that are closer to Norsca's javelineers and throwing ax marauders. Honestly, with how big a deal they made when unveiling the Lizardmen's Chameleon Stalkers' "precursor attack" I kind of was expecting some of the units in TWW3 to have something similar but doesn't look like they do.