Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
There's disheartening about starting a military alliance with Karak Azul, who are sitting pretty with the desoliation of Nagash, blightwater and eastern badlands firmly in their pockets with 2 and a half stacks in defense, and then watching them get taken apart piecemeal by Grimgor who's walking about with maybe 15 guys who usually the least bit wounded while he carves through every army and walled settlement in the area. the only reason he didn't get Blightwater was becuase the lizards and rats were fighting over it.

This took about 10 turns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

kidkissinger posted:

I allied with them as Settra's and also buddied up with the TK faction immediately to my south. This allowed me to immediately focus my attention on Grimgor. With myself, Karak Azul and The Dwarves hitting the greenskins on three fronts we knocked them down from number one power to like 30-something pretty quick.

Settra is cool with greenskins, in fact him and Manfred might just be the only people in the world who aren't ecstatic that I'm leading an effort to exterminate them. Vlad, Karl, all the wood elves Kroq'gar and all the rest at least a hundred trust for my efforts in stemming the green tide. I'd gone north to secure the slayer peak form the vampires and thought maybe those fuckers could deal for a few minutes.

God only knows what happened to clan Angrund, who are currently squating in the disaster zone the saveage orks made of the border princes. The Vaults seem to have been conquered by Tilea.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Okay, so I've only had TWW 2 for about a week now and still working out the new races. I'm playing Settra, it's turn 18 mortal empires and a random stack of treemen and dinosaurs are stomping around raiding my territory. I can't do any diplomacy with them and I don't think even four stacks of spooky lovely skeletons are gonna do the job, much less one.

What does the clever dried corpse do here?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Ze Pollack posted:

they are on your land. you have a rite to solve this. sandstorm the poo poo out of them and then let your kitty bat the survivors to death

They never seem to stop raiding and I don't think they take attrition in that circumstance. I dunno, it's not like I have any income to disrupt here. Public order hit is a pain though.

Maybe if I wait they'll just go somewhere else.

How do mummies make money anyway?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Okay they hosed off south of the black pyramid, which is good because the savage orcs are back again, which is at least a problem a giant kitty can handle.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Like I don't even really know what most rogue armies do, per say. They sit on the rear end end of the turn order usually off screen somewhere and the couple I have seen just wander around at half a stack before someone with a passing army declares war and gives them a wedgie.

The big stack of gently caress off giving me a scare for a few turns is the only thing I've actually seen them do before.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I think their name is the eyes of the jungle or something, they walk around the Black Pyramid mostly at the moment.

They haven't come back into Khemri, just right up to border before turning around the next turn.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I got them down, conquered the black pyramid and sand stormed them, then skeleton wave tactics. 20% trade income and I can see all the gold, iron and marble settlements? Nifty I guess.

Why are there two seperate fractions of Brets crammed into the same province down the coast?

Caidin fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Feb 7, 2018

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Okay, thats finally the Strygos gone finally gone, they were working in tandam with Arkhan but I think I'm ready to gut him about now. The skaven seem to have eaten Tilea, Grimgor has confederated most of the greenskins and has a solid grip on the badlands and is generally turning into a runaway superpower and what little i can see of the elvish parts of the world has Morathi have breaching into inner Ulthuan. I have no idea how the empire is doing. it's turn 77.

This is shaping up to be a bit different then usual. Minor side note, does scrubbing all the vampire corruption out of a province get the grey stains out? This is not a good look for a desert.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

toasterwarrior posted:

Dwarf AI is kinda weird now, because every clan apart from Thorgrim and Belegar's are staying in their holds and practically never going out, even in defense of the realm. Which is actually lore-appropriate; unfortunately neither of the two are doing well enough against the Greenskin tide to actually last without direct intervention from the player.

Man I wish Belegar was doing something in my empire game, he doesn't even ride out to run the drat broken nose off his province, I was in a military alliance with him and watched the BN send a stack at his house again and again only for the wood elves to punk it when it stopped by the pass to the forest.

They did this for 30 turns until the WE lost their poo poo and ate the orcs and also Tilea.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Dr Christmas posted:

Guys I can’t stop hearing “ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY” in my head.

Well, have you tried hailing them? Might help.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I haven't played for awhile and I'm getting my Vampirate on with Harkon tooling around in Mortal Empires, and I'm glad this mode still makes me do the occasional double take like when I realize that Mazzy's home province has somehow been conquered by the Top Knotz while I was busy with rats and elves.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Do Vampire Count armies not start crumbling the moment their leaders are dead anymore?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

They don't, any more than non-Undead armies immediately rout when their leaders are dead. The easiest way to think of the Undead mechanic is that "crumbling" replaces "routing" and "disintegrating" replaces "shattered", and all undead are immune to fear/terror. Undead do have pretty low leadership generally, so losing their leader does lead to a pretty significant morale shock, but its not an instant thing at all.

Well shoot, I thought that's how it used to work in TWW 1.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Don Gato posted:

We need more of the crazy Slayer inventions, like that insane axe throwing artillery piece. I don't care if they already have too much artillery, their heavy guns are insufficiently :black101: and I think that's a grudgin'

I mean if their making up their own legendary lords and giving Vampires Counts limited access to missile units then bring in that slayer engineer from Gotrek and Felix and let him build some beer powered motorcycle cav, I say.

Also bring in Gotrek and Felix.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I mean I haven't played everyone but Grombrindal has a small blue line that buffs your entire faction with things like +3 ranks to all recruits so I always buy that poo poo out.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I mean in the 5 games I've played past turn 50 Kemmler and the Duke are still squatting in their one town and none of the Brettonia factions have confederated. Meanwhile Franz almost effortlessly unites the western empire and either stomps Vlad and Manny or hell wars with the Bloody Spears, heralds of the great green tide.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm rather slow and just assumed Gotrek( and Felix) was the FLC lord, but apparently we also get another giant lizard man whose defining feature is being hard to kill? Thats nice, I guess.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

His defining feature is more being a Lizardmen horde I would think

I thought Nakai was the horde dude and Gor-Rok is taking over the Itza? Because Lustria didn't have quite enough LL's nose to nose to snout with each other.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Gonkish posted:

I was just reading an interesting take on this. Someone on reddit suggested a Dark Elves vs. Bretonnia pack. That could work... although Bretonnia's roster is already beyond their TT roster.

They should get weird with it and make a Grail Reliquae LL. All the lines come with the peasants toting it about and they argue with the advisor.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

I dont know posted:

There is even a story character Grail Reliquae, Sir Dagobert from Sir Dagobert's Last Battle, which would be amazing.

I decided to check that out since you mentioned it and I think the knights of Bretonnia are in legimite danger from their fanbase.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm grinding my way through here and the lizards are thinning out out a bit thanks mostly to vampirates to be totally honest because the Skaven got their asses kicked in 20 turns and frankly securing Creeping Jungle is a full time job when your surrounded by scales and you can only afford one drat stack of basic empire dudes, Mazzy monday got his rear end kicked by Skeggi bout like usual but the empire colonies are holding out in swamp town, That Nakai fucker was balls to fight even when he was goofing around at half strength with those Kroxigor. These hunter side quests are neat but if I want dwarf gear it looks like I'm gonna have to press hard into southern lustria for iron.

Hope Mr. Van Hal doesn't mind me and Luthor bonding over spilt cold blood :ohdear:

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I seem to have wandered into a military alliance with the Blue Vipers and the Vampire Coast to fight all lizardmen, a plan with no possibility of failure or error.

I have no idea how Wulfhart is selling this to Franz

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Archaeology Hat posted:

"Look at all this gold I've found!"

"Camera pans over to a single rinky textile shop and burning lumber camp"

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Hentai Jihadist posted:

the god. drat. gear. quests.

how are they still so bad haha, even the new characters ones are "oh spend 6 turns moving a character over here"

On the one hand, I kinda did a lot of those things organically and somewhat accidently with Wulfhart both for hero quests and the amber bow since they want very simple objectives your going to be doing anyway just to paint the map. And I needed that quest money at the time too, a real windfall!

But I hate they all demand you turn south and east into the big messy jungle because maybe I wanna knock over warhams Mexico instead.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

buddhist nudist posted:

The Wulfric campaign is exactly what I wanted from a Southern Realms DLC (despite not actually being one) the Vortex factions, Tomb Kings, and Vampirates are all pursuing these ambitious goals that will change the fate of the world if they're realized while the humans just click their heels together and shout "there's gold in them hills!"

Hey if you win two very important things in the world change! First all those jokers and their ambitions are probably hosed and second, you got GOLD!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

kidkissinger posted:

Really enjoying Wulfhart's campaign btw. Feels like some kind of hosed up lizard Vietnam simulator. The Empire are clearly the bad guys here.

If the lizards don't wanna throwdown maybe they shouldn't send a stack of unbreakable dinosaurs at me for clearing out the Blue Vipers and Skeggi :mad:

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Gotrek and Felix showed up and said they'd join and then they actually didn't becuase I don't have their DLC. :sigh:

Hunt11 posted:

Or dealing with the Vampire Coast and Skaven.

Yeah don't get me wrong it's a fun campaign but Wulfhart rocketing to riptile enemy number one while ratmen and Luthor Harkon are around is kinda funny unless Markus made his tent out of a Slann the minute he made landfall.

Caidin fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Sep 13, 2019

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

I got the event at turn 107 as Wulfhart, Felix volunteered him and Gotrek to my service for a bit, I slammed accept and got a little voice over from the both of them and then they didn't join.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I went north and claimed lustria up to Mazzy's place and prompt got caught in a war with the loving CoP, who confederated after losing their main army and left me at war with the only 2 major factions left in Naggarond, Malakith and Tretch. Beautiful. I was hoping the High Elves would take some pressure off but sending a hero over to check out their situation and it turns about 2/3's of the island has been conquered by Bretonnia.

And killing all these dark elves and ratmen is still spawning lizard armies.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Everyone is weirdly unwilling to trade with Markus, go over to Leoncoeur with trade agreement in the yellow at 88 approval and he counter offers with military access, a defensive alliance and will pay me 5000g to join a war against some random dark elves but eventually he stalls out and just won't trade, same Karl and Tyrion.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

florida lan posted:

Is it normal for Malekith to tool around with an army of 19 Witch Elves.

I mean he was doing it to me and the fad caught on to most of his friends on my Markus campaign.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

oh hey I just won a Gotrek key from one of ItalianSpartacus' streams.

I bought a WD magazine for a key and just to see what it is they even write about, and I haven't seen G&F show up at all in my last 3 games as Empire :(

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I think the closest I've ever seen the A.I come to knocking out the Helves is the Cult of Pleasure taking the west coast and Leoncoeur taking the east but the interior held and then Morinth started gunning for me as Wulfhart and the Brets started floundering for one reason or another and ugh.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Playing a Ungrim campaign and like I'm kinda at a loss here, Thorgrim seems to be solidly winning out down south, he's cleared out Black Crag and secured the provinces around Karaz-a-karak including sniping Mount Gungood while I was playing grabass with Manfred and the bloody eyez. Manny spent himself a little too hard messing with me and now he's losing ground to like Ostland and Gelt so thats that I guess.

I suppose I could just head north and punch some chaos boys.

Or just wreck some manling rear end before Franz shows up...

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Man how the hell am I gonna get centigor milk if all the beastmen get stomped by any irate peasant with a torch? S'ok I guess, didn't want my Rogue Idols to have Immense Power anyway... :smith:

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
My beautiful goblin boys standing toe to toe with demigryph's and greatswords as rockets sail overhead and the walls of Altdorf fall.. all this time they only needed someone to believe in, someone to believe in them.

Well, that and some troll meat and hell pepper mushroom sausage.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

terrorist ambulance posted:

Clicking the Waagh button has started to cause my game to crash now. Anyone else know what causes that? It's later in the campaign, it wasn't crashing until now. Not using any mods.

I got a crash once as Grom yeah, out of the 3 times I hit the button. Bringing the game back up and trying again fixed it for me at least?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I made a power play to WAAGH a fully developed Altdorf from From a ME start after the Brets got boring, it was pretty horrowing with no artillery of my own but the sack was 80000 and I didn't even have a big boss or the relevant followers boosting that number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Jeremor posted:

Is the strategy of playing orcs, specifically Grom, more about sacking and razing and not expanding to other settlements? It kind of seems like you're just depriving yourself of targets to ransack if you take them over. Kind of like a weird version of a horde faction.

Sorta I think, Grom can take basic rear end goblin infantry and archers and with a couple of levels take them head to head against the whole loving world even before he gets cooking. Consider plopping a defense stack down on wherever home base is and just stomp around sacking whatever you need to make the next course. As long as your income isn't like -5000 or something you'll stay in the black.