Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012

Vlex posted:

I remember reading that TWW1 was originally not going to mesh with 2, and that many of the FLCs we have today are the result of the game's rampant success emboldening the publisher and permitting CA to go nuts with TWW2. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think it was designed to be played as a giant game and the fact that the joint map is coming out after the game is released, rather than being the main feature, suggests to me that they were envisioned as standalones first.

I think what you're confusing here is the statement that the the WH1 map and the WH2 map are not designed to fit together. This isn't because because the maga-map wasn't a thing, it's because they are optimize shape-wise to work as isolated experiences and are going to be tweaked in the big map. The way the dev's said they envision it that they are like old timey maps that are not an exact reperesentation of the world but are pretty close, with each map having been made by a different person with a different idea about how everything fit's together. You might also be thinking about a comment that was made about the norsca DLC, which is that it was a last minute thing they were not planning on doing and that's why the new norsca won't be on the WH2 or Mortal Empires map strait away.

The big combined campaign has definitely been a thing from the earliest news about the first game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012
It's been a long time since I toutched Mark of Chaos but I remember the orcs and goblins in the first game being mercenaries that the chaos warband hired. I never played battle march which added them as a full army.

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012
Each book starts with a foreward from the sigmarite priest who compiled them after Ritcher Kless went mad. Liber Undivided is very short and it's foreward says that it's complied from leftover pages found in Kelss' study after the other books where finished. Liber Undivided was never published alone and can only be found in the complete collection put together by the priest.

On a side note Kless got statted up as an NPC in a recent book for the RPG.

Poor Guy.

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Which book is this from?

Archives of the empire part 2. He's a suggested patient/plot hook in a vistist to the great hospice.