Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Uh I haven't posted here yet but I've played the campaign as last defenders and have just spammed solar engines for every army and have had pretty much zero casualties every battle on hard. Lizardmen op?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

I mean they can also just yank the pikeman out of formation pretty easily. Or just the pike. Idk.

Maybe OP should ask the milhist thread why pike formations aren't used in Warhammer.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Rygar201 posted:

Please stop trying to compare Warhammer combat to historical combat. It's extremely stupid and pointless

More or less stupid and pointless than the highelves ME campaign?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

What's wrong with chaos dwarves? Aren't they just regular dwarfs, but with pointy hats?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Ok so when is the pointy hat dorf faction getting released because I want to play them now.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

At what point in wurzags campaign can I expect to confederate grimgor or do I either gotta beat him into submission or let the dwarves do it?

Conversely, does it make more sense to just play as grimgor and confederate wurzag?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Fashion do's and don'ts for orcs and beastmen :allears:

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Arglebargle III posted:

Here's a weird one: I confederated Morathi but I can't find her. She's not on my army list or in my recruitable lords.

I'm playing von carstein rn and had the opportunity to confederate VCs after they got punched in the mouth real good by a bunch of losses to the dwarfs in a single turn. Except mannfred got wounded, so I could only nab the other two. Pretty annoying, as that seems like the only time they're willing to confed is when they're losing hard.

Is there a mod that disables this "feature"?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

KPC_Mammon posted:

This also means that if you have too much artillery, especially if you don't have them spread out their targets, will be a lot less effective than the previous game. Lots of wasted shots towards the freshly empty center of mass of units.

It becomes a bigger issue as they rank up and become more accurate. Having all three cannons in a unit it the dead center of a unit is a huge waste.

Is this also why artillery has issues with targeting dudes on walls as well? Sometimes when I'm not paying attention enough my catapults end up walking straight at a wall to shoot a unit that they should be able to just shoot at normally.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Wouldn't just resetting all skills and allowing players to respec after updating solve all those concerns, or is that what people would bitch about?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

I wanted to go back to cataphs southern realms but this is his legendary lord choice for border princes

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Gashnag

That's a bad thing?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

Nope, amazing

he is pretty fun to use and god drat do I love pay masters from his mod as well

Yeah, he seems cool as heck. Is the only way to play this mod in campaign through the bloated faction unlocker? How bad is it?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

KazigluBey posted:

End_Times.txt

-

Playing as Settra, after unlocking Dynasties and taking the hit to research % it seems to climb back up on its own. Is there something I'm missing here? I thought the only way to regain some research %s was via a Lich Priest skill, but I don't actually have any right now. Bug?

Deffo a bug: I seem able to recruit multiple instances of the Tomb Guard RoR.

No mods installed atm so I'm wondering if anyone else got these bugs as well.

All settlement buildings seem to have a +% to research iirc. As you improve your provinces your research bonuses go up.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

The ustabi summon is pretty weak. I've used it to decent effect helping pin down a VC lord that khalida couldn't catch, but they were eating poo poo pretty hard.

Also, what's up with the stalkers/snake cavalry? They're slow as poo poo and they get mobbed by crypt ghouls and die pretty quickly. How do I use em right? The stalkers feel super weird because they have a short range, limited ammunition and can't outrun fast infantry.

For context this was khalida ME with two warriors, archers, skellies and her starting units capping at around 15 slots total and facing down a full stack of mostly ghouls, some bats and like 3 zombies.

wearing a lampshade fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jan 24, 2018

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

thebardyspoon posted:

In my second attempt after the first was ruined by a rebel army loving me up I just blitzed up to Lahmia before it could get a better garrison and laid siege to it. Their army just had like a bunch of crypt ghouls as their best units which were still pretty tough for the lovely skeletons but Khalida is a beast and I had a shadow priest as well. Managed to have the whole initial province by like turn 11.

I did the same. Khalida needs to rush.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Spamming 44% physical resistance actually helps my fragile bonepersons tango with ork warbosses. They take for loving ever to actually land a hit though.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Gejnor posted:

Well, i did make this mod a day after launch, it buffs the nehekharan lore attribute, the healing passive:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279780960

Not exactly a TK rebalance though. For that i am considering minor stuff like making the summonable Ushabti you get at the end of the Realm of Souls stuff to be non-degradeable, so they last a bit longer.

Maybe add in Carrion in one of the redline skills so they too feel a bit better..

Honestly, TK's in the campaign feel quite solid even if they have a weak start in many cases.

Ty Ty ty

What if each tier of the realm of souls unlocked a summon, starting with something lovely and progressing to ushtabi? Say some spearguys, warriors, tombguard, and then finally ushtabi? Idk if that's already been suggested or not.

I said gently caress it to settra void campaign and went full in to my khalida ME campaign and it's so much better. I peaced with the Dino's to the south and have been stomping all over orcs like grapes in wine season. At lvl12 she has all her good initial archer buffs and with 8 archers behind rows of spearguys the orcs are mostly dead by the time they hit my lines, at which point a prince, khalida and a unit of ushtabi are on cleanup while the spearguys just try not to let anyone through.

The AP damage + physical protect buffs from the priest are really what makes this work though. It's literally the only way I'm able to take out lords without focus firing them to death, all of the other melee lords feel like they could easy smash mine into the ground.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

I get why tomb kings don't have confederation per se, but it does grind my gears that settra doesn't have a mechanic that works similarly. Isnt that kind of the the fluff for him? Beating the poo poo out of everyone until they kneel and join his forever empire?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

But oth you're not having to decide to delet half your fullstack because you're in a tight spot and need to invest in some buildings.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Is anyone elses games have greenskins murdering everything? In my khalida game they've killed all the dwarves and border princes and are in a hellwar with the wood elves and von carsteins.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

The original bone daddy

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

People gently caress whenever they think the world is about to end, so it checks out.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Khalida, once you get the hang of it, is really loving amazing and can deal with two stacks of mid-to-high tier just on the back of having a ton of archers to break units before they even hit your spearwall. Add in ushtabi, a casket maybe, and a combat-specc'd but dismounted tomb prince and you have yourself a seriously hard to deal with wall of fuckoff.

I did however stop playing her and started a khatep campaign, as stomping nothing but greenskins for all of eternity got really boring. And trying to sack a province down enough to revolt to hopefully get back the original occupants to proxy for you is super tough now? The public order penalties for sacking as tomb kings is neglible at best.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Just noticed that in some provinces, my columns are only generating 1 or 2 public order instead of the 4 theyre supposed to. Is this a bug?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Yeah. Khatep running roughshod over naggarond. Turns out darkshards don't do poo poo to a heirotitan buffed the gently caress out, but it sucks that all of these provinces have half suitable half unpleasant.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

It would be cool if tomb kings units got extra XP for dying more

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

They had that one song, "summer girls" or something similar.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

It sort of is. Taking attrition on your way to sieging a castle really sucks.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Reading the storm of chaos poo poo makes my brain hurt.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

RE: plateau forts, warhammer fluff is better if you don't look at the art 9/10 times.

40k I know

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Neither of those is nelly furtado so you both lose.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Is there a mod that gives the unique minor brettonian lords some (better) unique traits?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

ZearothK posted:

There is. Though you may consider it a bit overdone with everything it adds. It's a cool one, though.

Ugh yeah this is too much. I just want adalhard/bohemond/errantry dudes to have some trait other than the randomly generated one.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

It's got that unique pyramid building don't it

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

"Chokepoints rule" I yell repeatedly as I chase grimgor around the badlands in underway stance

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Any redline buff that affects archers missile damage / reload / accuracy and hopefully also ammunition is well worth it. Its what makes Khalida into a murdering arrow machine, with lovely skeleton archers wrecking garrisons on walls.

Similarly, I liked Isabella's redline because it meant I could take all the cool monsters and only have to take cool monsters.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

O Frick yeah

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

No center of mass targeting thing tho?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Long load times? What kind of chip are you running, a DORITO?????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Doom divers are the best artillery in the game, and in Warhammer in general.