Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I just got Total War Warhammer 1 and 2 and I wanted to start playing with an empire campaign but I don't have any of the Warhammer 1 races. I'm also finding downloading the free dlc a little confusing. Is there some setting I need to check or something for the Warhammer 1 races to show up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I've been playing empire as Franz as my new to the game campaign, and the only other state I've gotten is Talabecland which is mostly taken over by vampires and when I cleared Skaven out of one of the provinces I reinstated Talabecland for imperial authority instead of doing the smart thing and occupying it. Kind of feel like I'm playing empire wrong but I was able to really thin down a couple of vampire armies with my lovely ai generated army so that feels good.

P.S. I'm on turn 60

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Is there a way to make it so one of my armies comes to my aid as reinforcements when I'm doing a siege battle?

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I just finished my first WAAAGH! successfully but for some reason I can’t get my regiments of renown. I’m a little low on money, would that be why? IdI don’t get those regiments the turn the WAAAGH! is over, am I just unable to get them before I do the next WAAAGH?

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

Ravenfood posted:

Did the Waaagh get marked as complete or did you just conquer your target? (That is, do you still have your extra armies?) The units don't pop up until it's over over, and will be available in your RoR pool forever. They're also bankable so you can just have multiple fire araknaroks or whatever in your RoR pool until you need them/can recruit them.

What's bullshit is that completing a Biggest Waaagh doesn't give you the rewards for a Bigger and regular Waaagh too.

I stayed occupied in the province capital for the requested turns (next time I should just raze the capital or reload from when I started the waagh and do that so the dwarves don't take too many of my provinces) and the regiments of renown button says "you cannot acquire regiments of renown at this time" even though I have the waagh units are sticking around for one turn icon at the top of the screen.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
If I'm playing Grimgor, have an army with empty slots, finished a waagh! a few turns ago, and I'm in a province I control, is there any reason why I would not be able to recruit regiments of renoun? All it says is that they are not available.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Getting a hang on wood elves with Orion and I’m not sure if I want to be trying to make my bretonnian and wood elf neighbors my allies or just conquer them. It’d be nice to have more buildings that aren’t level 1 outposts but the wood elf neighbors are a little to strong to take on it seems like. The bretonnians on the other hand have pretty small garrisons and can be occupied or razed but I did a non-aggression pact with them without thinking. Can I safely break that in 10 turns?

Also wood elves mulch beastmen in just a couple minutes.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Has anyone figured out some basic strategies for improving your economy as wood elves? I want to travel the world to do these quests for the little trees at around turn 30 or so so I can give my main tree more healing but I need to stay in my main forest because there are invasions and I can't really afford two full armies. Also my main army isn't strong enough to beat this 32 size army+garrison to do a confederation quest. I could try to fight the army and garrison seperately since it seems like I just need to beat them once but they don't seem to be interested in leaving their main city.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
In my Norsca campaign I’ve confederated with a lot of norscan tribes by beating their armies and now I have throgg as a lord. However most of the buildings are economy buildings and I need to recruit new armies to rebuild my worn down armies. Should I trek back to my starting position or build some military recruitment buildings in other provinces?

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I finally got an amber while playing as the wood elf twins. What’re the best amber technologies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
2 Questions: which dwarf legendary lord is most fun to play and how bad is chaos right now? Like I want a chaos that has aspects of all four gods or maybe one lord is more focused on one god instead of chaos undivided but it seems that isn’t what we’ve got. I tried playing world walkers and after I confederated a lot of other tribes every single order faction declared war on me. I’d just play norsca but I don’t get how I should play their campaign yet.