Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

DO IT TO IT posted:

Heir of Carthage and PartyElite are the only TW youtubers worth watching.

what the crap is going on what the crap is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

Third World Reggin posted:

that is called flanking

stop flanking the enemy

I always thought the reinforcements entered the map based on their position relative to the other army on the campaign map before the battle starts. If it doesn't work that way it should.

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

Night10194 posted:

I haven't actually played a TW game seriously since Med2 ages ago. My guys always seem to just clump up in a group when I'm trying to order them around. Are there any good primers for figuring out how to move units in formation and stuff like that?

If you don't want to watch through a video:

1. Set up your formation how you want it.
2. Select the formation and click 'G' to group them.
3. Press Shift + G to lock them into formation.

Now you can send them off and they will keep that formation while moving. You can also move them with WASD and it will show you exactly how the formation will look where they end up. Also when in formation like this if you click on the enemy front line your front line will attack whatever is in front of them instead of the whole army converging on one unit.

You can rotate your entire army formation using CTRL + left arrow or right arrow too.

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

Real Cool Catfish posted:

I've gone down a wormwhole of warhammer total war mechanics that are hidden from the player.

But one thing I couldn't find a concrete answer on was whether spears/halberds can attack from a second rank. They've got more reach than your big standard sword, but I can't find info on whether that let's them get more attacks off as a unit, or if it just lets them get the first hit in. Or maybe it let's them hit big ol' monsters from further away?

It definitely was this way in older TW games. Now I'm not sure if they scrapped that level of complexity in exchange for spear type units just having more defense and having anti-cav/anti-large bonuses.

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

Siets posted:

My campaign just got completely hosed over in one turn. Right as the high elves complete their fourth ritual, the next turn they immediately break our military alliance, declare war on me, AND confederate the second largest high elf faction (Teclis) that happens to be interspersed all throughout my southern territories because we had been allies for most of the campaign.

I'm now at war with high elves who instantly own over half the map and also have over eight full doomstack armies already near most of my major province capitals. I had NO idea it was coming because I was over 200+ relations with them well in the green and we were military-loving-allies. What is this poo poo? Does ritual four automatically force war or something? What a lovely way for this campaign to end. Ugh. :(

edit: Apparently they didn't suffer any diplomacy penalties for backstabbing the gently caress out of me either. They are still bright green to New World Colonies who I graciously allowed to stay in Settler's Coast because they were my first friends and I got sentimental about it. Now NWC still regards Lothern as bright green allies and won't even back me up in my darkest hour. gently caress warmbloods forever. :argh:

That's why I let the Dark Elves finish the fourth ritual first and I'm holding off until every other faction finishes wiping them out. They're number one in strength while the skaven and lizardmen are pretty much gimped. After the dust settles I plan on recalling my armies home and then let them come. :D

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush
Can anyone tell me what benefit healing spells/skills give if it doesn't revive dead models? Or is it pretty much only good for single model units like heroes, lords, and certain monsters?

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

Panfilo posted:

There are plenty of high HP units like cavalry or smaller squads of dudes that will get proportionally more mileage out of it. A good example were Empire Demigriff knights, which had a small unit of like 16 models with plenty of HP. The healing spells are typically AoE as well so you can heal multiple units close together.

Okay, that is good info. I guess I'm just not understanding the relationship between the HP bar and a unit's model count.

Edit: Thanks, that makes sense. So I'm guessing when an AOE damage ability targets a unit it divides the damage among all the models in it? If that's the case AOE healing looks like a good counter.

Constantine XI fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Oct 15, 2017

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush
It's kinda funny to me to watch an entire army composed of dragons squeeze onto a boat to sail across the sea instead of, y'know, just flying.

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush
Did they remove the demand/offer gold for X number of terms option from diplomacy? I kinda miss that. Demanding tribute to not burn your victims' cities would play great when you're Beastmen, Greenskins, or DElves.

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

deathbagel posted:

I have the exact opposite experience, however my old computer was quite the potato whereas my new computer has an I7 7700, a 1070, a giant SSD and 32 gigs of RAM. So I'm pretty sure I know why part 2 seems to run so much better for me.

My turn times are super long in II compared to the first game, but I just chalked that up to playing High Elves since they can basically see the entire world due to tech and trade partners, so you're seeing what every single faction is doing every turn.

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

Archonex posted:

They definitely are. I'm just curious if adventuring down there does anything.

There were a few super rare events that'd come up to do with the Tomb Kings before this expansion that had no working options. But those were in other areas of the world and obviously unfinished.

Also as the Tomb Kings are there any random events that pop up like mercenary bands showing up in your lands looking to plunder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush
CA love the Tomb Kings DLC, thanks.